PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Follows YouTube's Lead, Blocks Alex Jones' Pages

DamianTV
07-27-2018, 05:03 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-27/facebook-follows-youtubes-lead-blocks-alex-jones-pages

Just days after YouTube barred Alex Jones from live-streaming for 90 days, and President Trump stepped into the Twitter 'shadowbanning' of conservatives fiasco, CNBC reports that Facebook - amid their worst week ever - has banned InfoWars' Alex Jones from posting for 30 days.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/2018-07-27_14-42-56_0.jpg

Several Facebook pages tied to Alex Jones, including the official pages for Infowars and Alex Jones himself, are close to being removed from the platform for violating its community standards multiple times, a Facebook spokesperson told CNBC.

Jones' personal account was temporarily banned from Facebook Thursday for 30 days after it was found responsible for uploading four videos that went against community standards. The clips were posted on different pages operated by Infowars and Alex Jones. Jones had previously been warned he could be blocked by Facebook for other infractions, according to a Facebook spokesperson.

One of the removed videos shows a man shoving a child on the ground to "prevent liberalism," while another discusses drag queens in a crude fashion and suggests they are child sexual predators. Another suggests Muslim people have "conquered" Europe, and will kill everyone and sexually assault women.

These are reportedly the same four videos were also removed earlier in the week by YouTube, which also barred Jones from live streaming for 90 days.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/alex-jones-megaphone.jpg

InfoWars' Owen Troyer provides some more color as to what just happened...

https://youtu.be/NsZ3eqV8JIc

Full article at link.

---

There is a reason that Free Speech is the First Amendment. It is the MOST Important Right a People can have. It enables us to discuss problems and find solutions. It is the Foundation of Revolution, as revolution comes in three stages: Communication, Public Disobedience, and finally Violence. When that critical stage of Communication is refused, it results in the Second Stage, Public Disobedience, the same way as making anything illegal only creates a Black Market for it. When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

The Counter Argument to this is that both Facebook and YouTube are considered Private Property, and those companies have as much of a Right to decree that they will not host content by Alex Jones. This is just as true as the importance of Free Speech itself.

Let the Debate begin.

donnay
07-27-2018, 05:12 PM
What this shows me is that Alex Jones speaks too much truth and they need to shut him up.

This only makes his base stronger.

Aratus
07-27-2018, 11:50 PM
It certainly reinforces ALEX JONES's "bad boy" image!

pcgame
07-28-2018, 12:17 PM
youtube and facebook are private corporations and can ban/block/delete whoever they want.

spudea
07-28-2018, 12:23 PM
youtube and facebook are private corporations and can ban/block/delete whoever they want.

I agree, but they are not immune and should also be criticized and revealed for their anti liberty bias.

juleswin
07-28-2018, 12:45 PM
If I owned facebook or google, I will do something similar to a ban. Alex Jones is the biggest peddler of junk news, many naive and ill informed liberty minded people are led astray on daily bases because of their disinfo outlet.

People like Alex Jones makes it harder to recruit people to the side of liberty and silencing him(if it doesn't turn him into a martyr) will give liberty a big shot in the arm in the most ironic possible.

phill4paul
07-28-2018, 12:53 PM
If I owned facebook or google, I will do something similar to a ban. Alex Jones is the biggest peddler of junk news, many naive and ill informed liberty minded people are led astray on daily bases because of their disinfo outlet.

People like Alex Jones makes it harder to recruit people to the side of liberty and silencing him(if it doesn't turn him into a martyr) will give liberty a big shot in the arm in the most ironic possible.

Yes! True liberty can only be found by silencing others, comrade!

juleswin
07-28-2018, 12:59 PM

You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis. Some fires u fight with water others u fight with fire. Sadly in the case of AJ, u need to censor the hell out of him to kill his idiocy pretending to be liberty news.

I will add that ideally, the best response to Alex Jones is to kidnap him, torture him(I will volunteer for the job) and get to confess to who his masters are. Phone messages, emails, pay cheques stubs, bank info will all be presented as evidence of his crime against the American people. That way the people he has mentally captured with his broadcast can be released from his spell.

Danke
07-28-2018, 01:01 PM

Danke
07-28-2018, 02:20 PM
You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis. Some fires u fight with water others u fight with fire. Sadly in the case of AJ, u need to censor the hell out of him to kill his idiocy pretending to be liberty news.

I will add that ideally, the best response to Alex Jones is to kidnap him, torture him(I will volunteer for the job) and get to confess to who his masters are. Phone messages, emails, pay cheques stubs, bank info will all be presented as evidence of his crime against the American people. That way the people he has mentally captured with his broadcast can be released from his spell.

Yes, YES!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPk5uJSU8AA4rcH.jpg:large

tod evans
07-28-2018, 02:33 PM

The commoner can't distinguish between fact and fiction, the world needs good censors like you...

Comrade.:smirking:

Pauls' Revere
07-28-2018, 02:54 PM

+rep for the pic. I'm in tears..LOL

opal
07-28-2018, 03:26 PM
What this shows me is that Alex Jones speaks too much truth and they need to shut him up.

This only makes his base stronger.

I also get.. it's about time.. he kept saying that FB was just a CIA cesspool anyway.. what the hell was he on there for anyway?

Anti Federalist
07-28-2018, 03:29 PM

Yeah...so?

They can do that...in light of what's happening to FedBook's stock and investors, maybe they shouldn't do that.

Anti Federalist
07-28-2018, 03:35 PM
You have to approach every problem on a case by case basis.

Was going to flag this post, but it goes against my grain to do that.

You might want to reword that, however, because in my mind, it crosses the threat threshold.

Anti Globalist
07-28-2018, 04:09 PM
Well sucks for him.

DamianTV
07-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Latest Video:

https://youtu.be/_cS5B-uV2rA

juleswin
07-28-2018, 04:48 PM
The commoner can't distinguish between fact and fiction, the world needs good censors like you...

Comrade.:smirking:

Very true, like the saying goes "one can never underestimate the stupidity of the common man".

+rep ;)

Danke
07-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone else notice InfoWars’ donation page is down too? Coincidence?

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 05:16 PM

Jules' new avatar?

Danke
07-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Jules' new avatar?

Not until she too leads interrogation, summary trials and execution of thousands of "class enemies".

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 05:36 PM

Youtube is owned by google which is a front for US intelligence and Mugbook was directly created by US intelligence.

revgen
07-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Anyone else notice InfoWars’ donation page is down too? Coincidence?

Infowars makes most of their money selling vitamin supplements and survival food.

Danke
07-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Infowars makes most of their money selling vitamin supplements and survival food.

Ya, YouTube cutoff their channel advertisement money.

juleswin
07-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Was going to flag this post, but it goes against my grain to do that.

You might want to reword that, however, because in my mind, it crosses the threat threshold.

I have looked at that post a couple of times now and I just cant see how else to reword it. The point I am making it to treat every encounter you experience according to that particular case. Reevaluate all the factors, the dangers they present and the consequences of your action. This applies to just about everything not just Alex Jones and the disinfo news agency.

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 07:08 PM

Just another tyrant.

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 07:10 PM

So you want the rule of law to give way to the subjective rule of a tyrant?

You are unfit to ever be in charge of anything let alone a country.

Swordsmyth
07-28-2018, 07:14 PM

Jules is the #1 example of how broken the rep system is, his full green bar instead of a full red one is also a testament to the power of the leftist troll network around here.

kpitcher
07-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Censoring isn't the right answer, although infowars is indeed junk. Also " the conspiracy theorist is merely playing a character when he speaks via his InfoWars channels."

This should play well to his audience

devil21
07-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Seems censorship, both of real sources and controlled opposition sources, is increasing lately.

donnay
07-29-2018, 09:13 AM
I also get.. it's about time.. he kept saying that FB was just a CIA cesspool anyway.. what the hell was he on there for anyway?

To get information out by any means.

oyarde
07-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Seems censorship, both of real sources and controlled opposition sources, is increasing lately.

I am not expecting a decrease.

juleswin
07-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Jules is the #1 example of how broken the rep system is, his full green bar instead of a full red one is also a testament to the power of the leftist troll network around here.

Talk about the pot calling kettle black. For your information, I got my full green bar while I was in middle of promoting Ron Paul, his campaign, getting involved with real world activism, supporting libertarian ideas through and through etc etc. This took me more than a year to get my ful set of green.

You on the other hand got yours while promoting Donald Trump, his big govt policies and all of it came in less than a month. If anyone is an example of the broken rep system, it is you and the alt right crowd that you rode in with candidate Trump. It is because of people like you gaining prominence and respect in this forum that I lost all will to continue. After the wave you came with it, it dawned on me that this movement was bound for failure.

The years when I got my rep system, you would have been laughed off the forum had you entertained the thought of promoting the authoritarian, zionist, neocon, big govt former liberal candidate in Trump, but today you are rewarded with loads of +rep to the point you have way more rep point than me. This is something that has worried me a lot and I have gone through waves of depression and anger wonder how thing went so wrong on this forum. Luckily for me, the anger is all but gone and I am at peace at what the website has become.

I do not blame you for any of this, I should have known better than to believe that humanity was intelligent enough to deliver their own salvation.

Swordsmyth
07-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Talk about the pot calling kettle black. For your information, I got my full green bar while I was in middle of promoting Ron Paul, his campaign, getting involved with real world activism, supporting libertarian ideas through and through etc etc. This took me more than a year to get my ful set of green.

You on the other hand got your while promoting Donald Trump, his big govt policies and all of it came in less than a month. If anyone is an example of the broken rep system, it is you and the alt right crowd that you rode in with. It is because of people like you gaining prominence and respect in this forum that I lost all will to continue. After the wave you came with it, it dawned on me that this movement was bound for failure.

The years when I got my rep system, you would have been laughed off the forum had you entertained the thought of promoting the authoritarian, zionist, neocon, big govt former liberal candidate in Trump, but today you are rewarded with loads of +rep to the point you have way more rep point than me. This is something that has worried me a lot and I have gone through waves of depression and anger wonder how thing went so wrong on this forum. Luckily for me, the anger is all but gone and I am at peace at what the website has become.

I do not blame you for any of this, I should have known better than to believe that humanity was intelligent enough to deliver their own salvation.

Total nonsense, I have only ever promoted the good things Trump does and I have pointed out and attacked bad things he does, you have promoted violence, tyranny and government regulation just since I have been here while deliberately choosing a murderous communist for an avatar.

Madison320
07-29-2018, 05:56 PM

Normally I would agree however in this case those private corporations were directly threatened by the federal govt if they didn't shut down infowars.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Like him or not, they are scared to death of Infowars. Infowars is the gateway drug to reality and they don't want normies digging in the dirt.

BTW Infowars is trending in real-time on Twitter.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:15 AM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:17 AM
The first amendment loving left.

Schifference
08-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Good thing all journalists stick together to protect free speech.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:24 AM
I can't think of a greater sales slogan. 'News so controversial that we've been banned from Facebook!' People love forbidden stuff. Granted, I wish that Jones was more hardcore like back in the old days, but his platform is essential in waking up the dead.

Anti Federalist
08-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Jones should never have entwined himself with the wretched FedBook.

That platform is poison, has been since day one.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:28 AM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Where are the whistleblowers going to go now if they detach Jones? FNC? ROFL. This is completely premeditated so controversial information is cordoned off from breaking out into the mainstream.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Wut?!? FNC is corporate news!!!! It's part of the crew.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Jones and his followers are dangerous as opposed to the ruthless corps and intelligence agencies.

angelatc
08-06-2018, 09:42 AM
This is election tampering.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:42 AM
He's right.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:43 AM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 09:47 AM
It's been ruled a public domain, thanks to those morons!!!!! You can't ban him!!!

juleswin
08-06-2018, 09:54 AM
The good thing about Alex Jones, is that he is a very big and easy target to get. He is so over the top, disinformation agent that it is easy to point to him and say ban him and most reasonable people will agree.

I would prefer he change his mind and start speaking truth to power than him getting banned. But if he wouldn't change then this is not the worst option possible. I hope this is the final nail in the coffin for him.

Bye Bye AJ, I just hope this doesn't affect other "conspiracy theorists" that are actually honest.

Bergie Bergeron
08-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Someone wrote here that Infowars is the gateway to reality. Which reality exactly? The New World Order? 9/11 Was an “Inside Job”? Major Shootings, Bombings Were “False Flag” Operations? Obama Is “Global Head” of Al-Qaeda? Government Creates Homosexuality? The whole Pizzagate thing?

Anyone who listens to this guy is as nuts as him.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Someone wrote here that Infowars is the gateway to reality. Which reality exactly? The New World Order? 9/11 Was an “Inside Job”? Major Shootings, Bombings Were “False Flag” Operations? Obama Is “Global Head” of Al-Qaeda? Government Creates Homosexuality? The whole Pizzagate thing?

New World Order or Global Governance? It's pretty much fact. The advocates are quite open about it, which is an outgrowth of Cecil Rhodes' vision.

9/11 was an inside job. Undetermined, but the official story has been debunked. The 28 pages even implicates the Saudis.

Major Shootings/Bombings Major gaping holes that suspend any sense of logic in many of them. Newtown with our barely functional ADD child that showed amazing proficiency in corralling and offing young children with a .22 LR. Then you have Aurora mastermind James Holmes who later said that he was set up, despite the fact that he couldn't be positively IDed in the theater with his armored and masked appearance.

Obama is the global head of Al Qaeda? A bit hysterical but the Obama administration did let them & their subsidiaries operate with relative impunity. Trained and supplied them weapons in some instances (see the Free Syria Army).

Government creates homosexuality? I think Jones attests that they promote homosexuality and emasculation. I believe he did comment that contaminated wastewater runoff is causing endocrine disruption in frogs, which is affecting their breeding preferences.

Pizzagate? Jones has walked this back after the thwarted attack. Still undetermined, but Alefantis has all the marks of a pedophile, given his social media trail and associations

AuH20
08-06-2018, 11:45 AM
They just deleted his channels from YouTube.

dannno
08-06-2018, 12:11 PM
The good thing about Alex Jones, is that he is a very big and easy target to get. He is so over the top, disinformation agent that it is easy to point to him and say ban him and most reasonable people will agree.

I would prefer he change his mind and start speaking truth to power than him getting banned. But if he wouldn't change then this is not the worst option possible. I hope this is the final nail in the coffin for him.

Bye Bye AJ, I just hope this doesn't affect other "conspiracy theorists" that are actually honest.

You must mean the ones that hate Jews?

Ya, that's what we need, more conspiracy theorists who hate the Jews :rolleyes:

angelatc
08-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Jones should never have entwined himself with the wretched FedBook.

That platform is poison, has been since day one.

Itunes, twitter facebook youtube - all on the same day. Google is probably quietly reducing the hits he will get too. This is not a coincidence. At best this is corporate America bowing to the left's mob tactics. Before the internet, liberal messaging was relegated to the newspapers because they couldn't make any money on TV or radio.

We lost the schools, we're about to lose the internet.

dannno
08-06-2018, 12:19 PM

How about government surveillance? How about the government lying to get us into wars?

The government creates homosexuality thing was actually based on a study out of Stanford that showed that - wait for it - the government was turning frogs gay. Alex Jones doesn't make shit up - he may be a little over the top but 9/11 was an inside job, the government engages in false flags, so obviously you haven't stepped through the gateway to reality yet.

Danke
08-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Just donated again.

juleswin
08-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Just donated again.

I just bough some dick pills :eek:

dannno
08-06-2018, 12:32 PM
I just bough some dick pills :eek:

Which ones are those?

AuH20
08-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Itunes, twitter facebook youtube - all on the same day. Google is probably quietly reducing the hits he will get too. This is not a coincidence. At best this is corporate America bowing to the left's mob tactics. Before the internet, liberal messaging was relegated to the newspapers because they couldn't make any money on TV or radio.

We lost the schools, we're about to lose the internet.

When they couldn't make a dent with this slander, you knew Jones' days were numbered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMsymSHbwl8

AuH20
08-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Don't be fooled. The Neocons are loving this too.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 12:40 PM

juleswin
08-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Which ones are those?

Super male vitality. I am in a room with 2 fat and bald male friends of mine and I am already hard thinking about it :)

dannno
08-06-2018, 01:07 PM
Super male vitality. I am in a room with 2 fat and bald male friends of mine and I am already hard thinking about it :)

Those aren't pills, it's a chinese herbal tincture.

juleswin

Even the private sector cannot execute an effective ban. Just moments after being banned from the internet, his words and not mine. He is already back spewing his message to the masses.

God help us all

AuH20
It's for your own good, comrade.

juleswin
08-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Have u tried it out?

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:09 PM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:12 PM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:12 PM

juleswin
08-06-2018, 01:13 PM
It's for your own good, comrade.

This website bans people all the time. Censorship is not always a bad thing. You have a monkey making a racket in your private property and you have every right to shut it up. He is free to start his own website and continue to spread his message.

I hope he just gives up, takes the money his followers have given him and retires. The man has done enough damage to the liberty movement.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:13 PM
We're headed towards a dark place.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:15 PM

dannno
08-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Have u tried it out?

Yep

Tribulus terrestris (fruit) - Tribulus terrestris is a vigorous plant integrated into the Super Male Vitality. Numerous benefits regarding vitality are attributed to the plant by men worldwide.*
Suma (root)- Suma is a ground vine with deep roots. It is native to the Amazon and other parts of South America. Suma has been in use for nearly 300 years. It's even been called "the Russian Secret" due to its use by Russian athletes.*
Ashwaganda (root) - Better known as Indian ginseng, ashwaganda has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as a key ingredient that may help to enhance energy and mental function.*
Maca (root) - Maca, or Peruvian ginseng, is a vigorous plant that grows atop the Andes. Maca was made popular by indigenous tribes in Peru who have used the root for purposes of vitality for quite some time.*
Avena sativa (root) - Also known as the common oat, avena sativa contains natural compounds that may help support normal response in men.*
Tongkat ali (root) - Tongkat ali, or Malaysian ginseng, is traditionally held to support a number of natural functions in men.*
Catuaba (bark) - Native to the Amazon, catuaba is a small, flowering tree. Its bark was discovered by the Tupi tribe and described as having qualities that may aid in male vitality.*
Muira puama (bark) - Muira puama is a small tree native to the Amazon. Practitioners of Brazilian herbal medicine reportedly use muira puama bark.*
Fulvic acid

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:16 PM
This website bans people all the time. Censorship is not always a bad thing. You have a monkey making a racket in your private property and you have every right to shut it up. He is free to start his own website and continue to spread his message.

I hope he just gives up, takes the money his followers have given him and retires. The man has done enough damage to the liberty movement.

The tech boys should have their tax bennies stripped. Let's play the private entity game.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 01:21 PM
They knew what was coming.

spudea
08-06-2018, 05:49 PM

Speak truth to power?? He has done this and continues to do this...Shouldn't we abolish the Federal Reserve and the CFR?

https://youtu.be/JaQm_CFJTak

Anti Globalist
08-06-2018, 05:55 PM

OMG I'm dying from this.

ThePaleoLibertarian
08-06-2018, 09:09 PM
The time for busting media trusts has never been better. That whole internet Bill of Rights idea is also coming into its own. This was a biiiiiiig mistake on these tech giants part. Alex Jones now has what he's always wanted; martyrdom.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:05 PM

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:08 PM
See. They are just starting.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:09 PM
BTW Scott Horton just got banned from Twitter.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:10 PM
And Daniel McAdams. They are really on a roll.

Danke
08-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Speak truth to power?? He has done this and continues to do this...Shouldn't we abolish the Federal Reserve and the CFR?

A true patriot, upped my donations.

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:12 PM

Danke
08-06-2018, 10:14 PM

I think he is confusing it with what his doctor has prescribed for him.

AuH20
Classic Alex. Funny and spot-on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmqxM0D-i-w

Anti Federalist
It's about damn time for alternative "social media".

Or maybe better, for the whole damn social media fad to dry up and blow away.

It really is worthless.

Danke
08-06-2018, 10:15 PM

I wonder what tribe is behind this...

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:16 PM
I wonder what tribe is behind this...

A very powerful one.

enhanced_deficit
08-06-2018, 10:17 PM

Two and two dont add up. This guy arrested for asking questions at Bush rally and then Bush invaded Iraq to spread out freedom of speech and other freedoms there?

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fm6zAHa-w

timosman
08-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Two and two dont add up. This guy arrested for asking questions at Bush rally and then Bush invaded Iraq to spread out freedom of speech and other freedoms there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKRHgmHzK0

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0anicc7Pd3Q

Danke
08-06-2018, 10:25 PM

very reasonable man. donated more.

Swordsmyth
08-06-2018, 10:26 PM
New Social Media Site ONEWAY Takes On the Giants (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?520057-New-Social-Media-Site-ONEWAY-Takes-On-the-Giants)

AuH20
08-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Danke
08-06-2018, 10:47 PM
MSM hates him, the liberals here hate him, Ron Paul was a regular guess, I think he has touched a nerve.

Marenco
08-07-2018, 12:18 AM
https://www.askideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/He-that-would-make-his-own-liberty-secure-must-guard-even-his-enemy-from-oppression-for-if-he-violates-this-duty-he-establishes-a-precedent-...-Thomas-Paine.jpg

devil21
08-07-2018, 01:44 AM

Was that K. Bailey Hutchinson waving AJ up to ask that question?

Lots of 9/11 talk lately. Hmmm...couldn't have anything to do with things like 9yrs 11mo cycles could it?

RonZeplin
08-07-2018, 02:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8BRU4HTzhU

tod evans
08-07-2018, 04:54 AM
Chilling precedent? InfoWars block exposes Big Tech as no friend of free speech

https://www.rt.com/usa/435271-alex-jones-inforwars-censorship/

The US Constitution explicitly forbids government censorship. So the Silicon Valley big tech companies named themselves the gatekeepers of goodthink, de-platforming anyone who runs afoul of their arbitrary ‘community standards.’
Alex Jones, the host of InfoWars, has often been derided by establishment media as a conspiracy theorist. Yet on Monday, Apple, Spotify, YouTube and Facebook proved right the motto of his show – “There’s a war on for your mind!” – by blocking or deleting InfoWars accounts from their platforms, saying he allegedly engaged in “hate speech” and violated their “community standards.”

Simply put, these corporations appointed themselves arbiters of acceptable political thought, and censored Jones for failing to comply with arbitrary political standards set in Silicon Valley boardrooms, not at the ballot box.

The First Amendment to the US Constitution says that Congress shall make no law “abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” There is no “hate speech” exemption, either. In fact, hate speech is not even a legal category in the US. However, a chorus of voices all too glad Jones was purged immediately chimed up to argue that Apple, Alphabet, Facebook and Spotify are private companies and this does not apply to them.

There is a wrinkle in that argument, though: civil rights outfits such as the ACLU have argued that social media amount to a “designated public forum” in cases where government officials tried to avail themselves of blocking, muting and other functions put forth by Big Tech as a way to police “toxicity” on their platforms.

“When the government designates social media a public forum, the First Amendment prohibits it from limiting the discourse based on viewpoint,” the ACLU said in a brief submitted last year in a case before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Virginia. “When a government actor bans critics from speaking in a forum, it silences and chills dissent, warps the public conversation, and skews public perception,” the ACLU brief went on.

In a separate but obviously related case, a federal judge used the “designated public forum” definition to demand that President Donald Trump allow access to his personal Twitter account – not the official potuS one – to critics, because he is a public official.

Yet if social media platforms are “designated public forum” that government is not allowed to exclude people from on First Amendment grounds, how is it OK for corporations that operate these platforms to do so? Or is chilling dissent, warping conversation and skewing perception only bad when a government actor does it, thereby creating a legal system in which the what is irrelevant, and only thing that matters is who/whom?

There is something deeply cynical about people who until yesterday denounced discrimination and evil corporatism – and will do so again tomorrow – suddenly defending private property and freedom to discriminate against political viewpoints. That’s because this isn’t about principles, but about power.

Liberals were once all for free speech, starting a movement by that name at Berkeley in the 1960s. Now that the media and academia overwhelmingly march in lockstep with the Democratic Party, however, they’re all about “no-platforming” opposing views and calling them “hate speech,” all in an effort to limit the range of permissible thought and expression in America.

This has manifested in many forms, from literal riots in Berkeley to “shadowbanning” of several Republican lawmakers on Twitter. That platform, which has so far refrained from banning InfoWars, didn’t hesitate to block conservative African-American activist Candace Owens after she pointedly echoed the hateful tweets of a liberal journalist hired by the New York Times. Needless to say, the same people up in arms about Alex Jones argued that Sarah Jeong’s tweets were fine, because one “cannot be racist against white people.”

This ideological conflict in American society actually goes back for years, maybe even decades. However, the victory of Trump over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 US presidential election, even though most of the media and all of the Silicon valley were #WithHer, flushed it out in the open. Democrats quickly latched onto a claim of “Russian meddling,” intended to delegitimize Trump’s presidency but also, as it turns out, create an excuse for corporate censorship.

Consider the November 1, 2017 hearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee, where lawyers for Google, Facebook and Twitter were subjected to a barrage of demands to regulate their platforms against “Russians” – or else.

“You have to be the ones to do something about it, or we will,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California). She also pressed for removal of RT from YouTube, only to have a Google representative say that despite looking very hard, the company hasn’t found any policy violations that would justify such a move.

“I’m not really satisfied with that,” said Feinstein.

Now, imagine how much more chilling this would be if Feinstein represented the ruling party, rather than the opposition. It isn’t that far-fetched: during the 2016 election, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg told Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta she “badly” wanted Clinton to win, while Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google’s parent company Alphabet, actually spent election night at Clinton HQ with a “staff” badge. More recently, this April actually, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey called a “great read” the article describing how Democrats should fight and win the “civil war” currently being waged in the US.

This isn’t about how much one likes or dislikes Alex Jones or InfoWars. This is about corporations deciding for you what you should be allowed to hear, read, say or think – and the people normally criticizing such behavior cheering it on, because it suits their political agenda.

As Jones’s colleague Paul Joseph Watson put it, “The great censorship purge has truly begun.”

Ask not for whom the censorship bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Nebojsa Malic for RT

goldenequity
08-07-2018, 06:20 AM

Chris Murphy‏@ChrisMurphyCT · 10 h
Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart.
These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1026580187784404994

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/66/c2/47/66c247251046607f8d407a63f562a61d.jpg

:check:
https://twitter.com/DailySabah/status/1026547204331323393

juleswin
08-07-2018, 06:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKqbMYXAYow

Madison320
08-07-2018, 08:21 AM
The First Amendment to the US Constitution says that Congress shall make no law “abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” There is no “hate speech” exemption, either. In fact, hate speech is not even a legal category in the US. However, a chorus of voices all too glad Jones was purged immediately chimed up to argue that Apple, Alphabet, Facebook and Spotify are private companies and this does not apply to them.

Private companies can exclude whoever they want. The problem in this case is that the US government pressured those private companies into excluded Infowars. That's a violation of the 1st.

juleswin
08-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Private companies can exclude whoever they want. The problem in this case is that the US government pressured those private companies into excluded Infowars. That's a violation of the 1st.

This is the sort of posts that give me violent thoughts. You have no proof that any govt agencies pressure any social media company to ban Infowars. You have Trump in govt who is by far running the most friendly infowar govt in the history of histories. So if you want to make a claim as insane as this, you better come with evidence. This pressure was not strong enough to can Alex Jones during the Obama, Bush or Clinton years but u want use to believe that this pressure reached a tipping point with Trump? not buying it.

I would have banned him a long time ago and I wouldn't need govt pressure to act. If I would have banned him then you better believe twitter, youtube and apple can come up with the same decision without govt pressure

timosman
08-07-2018, 08:33 AM
This is the sort of posts that give me violent thoughts. You have no proof that any govt agencies pressure any social media company to ban Infowars. You have Trump in govt who is by far running the most friendly infowar govt in the history of histories. So if you want to make a claim as insane as this, you better come with evidence. This pressure was not strong enough to can Alex Jones during the Obama, Bush or Clinton years but u want use to believe that this pressure reached a tipping point with Trump? not buying it.

I would have banned him a long time ago and I wouldn't need govt pressure to act. If I would have banned him then you better believe twitter, youtube and apple can come up with the same decision without govt pressure

They just pressured each other?:confused:

Madison320
08-07-2018, 08:40 AM
This is the sort of posts that give me violent thoughts. You have no proof that any govt agencies pressure any social media company to ban Infowars.

I thought the same thing until I saw this video. At about the 30 second mark Congressman Raskin asks a Facebook representative "Why is Infowars still on your site?". And he wasn't the only one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2vVc4abqKI

juleswin
08-07-2018, 08:40 AM
They just pressured each other?:confused:

I see what u say but I don't see why the social media would want to pressure govt to ban him. If anything, they would prefer to hide any govt involvement in the ban. People would start crying free speech if such info was to be released.

Either way, I hope this ban would be a win if only it keep Dr. Ron Paul away from that disinfo agent's show. #winning

Danke
08-07-2018, 09:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyma-3g1CGo

Anti Federalist
08-07-2018, 10:22 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/2fg28w.jpg

Madison320
08-07-2018, 12:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2fg28w.jpg

Only certain groups.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:00 PM

Madison320
08-07-2018, 02:09 PM
This is the sort of posts that give me violent thoughts. You have no proof that any govt agencies pressure any social media company to ban Infowars.

Did you read my post? I showed you the proof that congress was in fact pressuring govt agencies. I don't want you to get any violent thoughts.

juleswin
08-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Did you read my post? I showed you the proof that congress was in fact pressuring govt agencies. I don't want you to get any violent thoughts.

I read your post and I did not see any pressure exerted on those social media platforms to ban infowars. One solitary congressman just asked why they let em continue to broadcast of facebook. That is it.

I refuse to believe that some no name congressman has more pull than the US president.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Soulless husks of humanity who wan't dare paint outside the lines.

dannno
08-07-2018, 02:17 PM
I refuse to believe that some no name congressman has more pull than the US president.

It's called the "deep state" and Trump is not a member.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:18 PM

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:19 PM
It's called the "deep state" and Trump is not a member.

He may not be a full fledged member, but he's boxed in by them. He fears them or he would have ended this entire charade with a Presidential Address.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:22 PM
He does have quality products. Some are organic equivalents that you find in Whole Foods. But as soon as they are labeled with the Infowars name, they immediately become fraudulent snake oil. ROFL

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/07/us/politics/alex-jones-infowars-sandy-hook.html

juleswin
08-07-2018, 02:24 PM

To be fair to Alex Jones, he has called for a war on North Korea thinking we needed to attack to prevent them from nuking the US.

Suzanimal
08-07-2018, 02:27 PM
To be fair to Alex Jones, he has called for a war on North Korea thinking we needed to attack to prevent them from nuking the US.

So what? Politicians call for wars all the time and I don't see any of them banned.

Madison320
08-07-2018, 02:29 PM
I read your post and I did not see any pressure exerted on those social media platforms to ban infowars. One solitary congressman just asked why they let em continue to broadcast of facebook. That is it.

Wow. You really have a closed mind. I don't like Alex Jones either and my first reaction was to call BS. But then I watched the video and realized I was wrong. And it was more than one guy. How can you watch that video and say they weren't threatening Facebook.

So it's ok if congress threatens you as long as the president doesn't? What if during Obama's administration congress made the chairman of the NCAAP appear before them and asked them why they still had misleading statistics on their website? Would you be ok with that since it wasn't Obama doing it?

juleswin
08-07-2018, 02:30 PM
So what? Politicians call for wars all the time and I don't see any of them banned.

The point is that Tom Woods got it wrong, the man just like many partisan neocons will always imperialist war given the right president and sitiation

AuH20
08-07-2018, 02:34 PM
So true.

timosman
08-07-2018, 02:41 PM

dannno
08-07-2018, 02:52 PM

Link?

Suzanimal
08-07-2018, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8n4VZ9CtU&feature=youtu.be

Alex Jones just got decapitated by Apple and other platforms, so I spend some time in today's episode unpacking what that means. I also take on left-liberals who think the problem with the Fed and the military is lack of diversity, and right-wingers who think capitalism is based on "materialism."

juleswin
08-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXwOxQ4AsU

dannno
08-07-2018, 03:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXwOxQ4AsU

I've noticed you are really bad at watching videos, every video you comment on or post about you get it completely wrong. What's up with that?

When did Alex Jones say we should go to war with NK?

The answer is, he didn't...

He asked Ron Paul what we should do about NK, then Ron Paul said we should bring the troops home and Alex Jones said that he agreed with him. Then Alex Jones later said he agrees with Ron Paul again, then told him he was asking him questions as a "devil's advocate".

Considering how bad you are at comprehending these types of situations, you should probably just completely stop criticizing people like Alex Jones and Stef because you always come away from videos of them with some made up line of bullshit.

juleswin
08-07-2018, 03:24 PM
I've noticed you are really bad at watching videos, every video you comment on or post about you get it completely wrong. What's up with that?

When did Alex Jones say we should go to war with NK?

The answer is, he didn't...

He asked Ron Paul what we should do about NK, then Ron Paul said we should bring the troops home and Alex Jones said that he agreed with him. Then Alex Jones later said he agrees with Ron Paul again, then told him he was asking him questions as a "devil's advocate".

Considering how bad you are at comprehending these types of situations, you should probably just completely stop criticizing people like Alex Jones and Stef because you always come away from videos of them with some made up line of bull$#@!.

That is not what I heard. In the beginning you can hear Ron trying to talk out of believing the neocon solution to the problem, then u also hear Alex saying that the North koreans have hydrogen and atomic bombs and they said they would unilaterally strike the US. Now I am a peacenik as u can get, I am more peacenik than weed smoking hippie at a Woodstock concert. Now if I believe that neocon propaganda for a second, I too would be in favor of striking them before they annihilate the US

Alex Jones believe that and you sure as hell believe that he wants to prevent the annihilation of his children by striking first. I think Alex in that segment was trying to get Ron to support his neocon agenda and when he did not comply, he called back his ideas and pretend he was with Ron the whole time.

dannno
08-07-2018, 03:54 PM
That is not what I heard. In the beginning you can hear Ron trying to talk out of believing the neocon solution to the problem, then u also hear Alex saying that the North koreans have hydrogen and atomic bombs and they said they would unilaterally strike the US. Now I am a peacenik as u can get, I am more peacenik than weed smoking hippie at a Woodstock concert. Now if I believe that neocon propaganda for a second, I too would be in favor of striking them before they annihilate the US

Alex Jones believe that and you sure as hell believe that he wants to prevent the annihilation of his children by striking first. I think Alex in that segment was trying to get Ron to support his neocon agenda and when he did not comply, he called back his ideas and pretend he was with Ron the whole time.

Well I just hope whoever reads your posts also reads my posts, because your posts are total crap and full of misinformation.

You didn't hear Alex Jones say he agreed with Ron Paul TWICE after he answered the questions???

Have you ever heard an interviewer ask a question with a premise they didn't agree with for the sake of playing devil's advocate?

Did you not hear Alex Jones specifically use the phrase "devil's advocate" before talking about hydrogen bombs and stuff?

It's really important when critiquing people's viewpoints to be able to pickup on these nuances. You can't. So you probably should do less critiquing and more listening. I would recommend listening to Stef videos for 2 weeks straight.

Swordsmyth
08-07-2018, 04:51 PM
I would recommend listening to Stef videos for 2 weeks straight.
I agree with everything else you said but that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Swordsmyth
08-07-2018, 04:53 PM
I see what u say but I don't see why the social media would want to pressure govt to ban him. If anything, they would prefer to hide any govt involvement in the ban. People would start crying free speech if such info was to be released.

Either way, I hope this ban would be a win if only it keep Dr. Ron Paul away from that disinfo agent's show. #winning

Cutting down on the number of people who are exposed to Ron's ideas is "winning"?

Swordsmyth
08-07-2018, 04:56 PM

They are mostly hiding government involvement in the ban and you are helping them.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Alex Jones with Michael Savage.

https://michaelsavage.com/?p=22287

juleswin
08-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Cutting down on the number of people who are exposed to Ron's ideas is "winning"?

How good is Ron Paul's message when its sandwiched between 2 fat layers of disinfo news? I say its no good and it tarnishes the brand.

This is going to be hard for u to understand but silencing AJ is good for liberty.

Swordsmyth
08-07-2018, 05:57 PM
How good is Ron Paul's message when its sandwiched between 2 fat layers of disinfo news? I say its no good and it tarnishes the brand.
It is better than if it is not heard at all even if AJ was as bad as you think.

This is going to be hard for u to understand but silencing AJ is good for liberty.
Only if it causes a big enough reaction against the censors.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Jones is safe on Twitter for the time being.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 08:04 PM
This is getting ridiculous!

Anti Globalist
08-07-2018, 08:20 PM
People are posting Infowars content on porn sites? Well people got to get off on something.

AuH20
08-07-2018, 09:36 PM
https://i.redd.it/0ek9px5w6re11.png

AuH20
08-07-2018, 09:37 PM
What is this?

https://i.redd.it/eszz18agtpe11.png

nikcers
08-07-2018, 11:53 PM
My favorite conspiracy theory was they targeted Alex Jones and had all of that Mark Zuckerberg political theater in order to promote government solutions to government created social media monopolies.

AuH20
08-08-2018, 07:41 AM

AuH20
08-08-2018, 07:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkE_ieIV4AEYJc6.jpg

AuH20
08-08-2018, 08:34 AM
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/meet-jared-holt-guy-whos-getting-alex-jones-kicked-off-internet/

You’ve been following Infowars for a long time and researching them. So I guess I want to ask you bluntly: Do you think Alex Jones is just pretending to believe this crap, or does he really believe it?

I think Alex Jones is probably caught in his own feedback loop at this point. I think he believes in the classic right-wing conspiracy theory, this idea that “globalists” are working to subvert Western culture.

Through the audience and the reward system he’s built for himself at Infowars throughout the years, he has an incentive, resulting directly to his pocketbook, to give his audience the red meat.

I think I can’t peer into Alex Jones’ brain and tell you 100 percent whether or not he believes in all of this. But he definitely has a financial reward system, and I guess an audience, that provides motivation for him behaving the way he does on air.

We're all hallucinating then. All the periodicals, the public statements and the white papers?

devil21
08-08-2018, 09:33 AM
What is this?

https://i.redd.it/eszz18agtpe11.png

Propaganda mainly. Looks like something someone put together in mspaint. When you consider that all of these social media outlets are controlled by deep state elements, this censorship goes way above some random grassroots political organization.

devil21
08-08-2018, 09:37 AM
My favorite conspiracy theory was they targeted Alex Jones and had all of that Mark Zuckerberg political theater in order to promote government solutions to government created social media monopolies.

Shit, I meant to +rep you. I think I negged you accidentally. Sorry!!

AuH20
08-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Propaganda mainly. Looks like something someone put together in mspaint. When you consider that all of these social media outlets are controlled by deep state elements, this censorship goes way above some random grassroots political organization.

I agree. We have the Nato backed Atlantic Council advising Facebook on their guidelines. But maybe that edict filters down to this level. Who knows?

dannno
08-08-2018, 09:59 AM
How good is Ron Paul's message when its sandwiched between 2 fat layers of disinfo news?

Which of his stories that he hasn't redacted (happens rarely, less than msm) was disinfo news?

If you go to the site on a random day and there are 12 stories on the front page, how many do you presume are disinfo?

AuH20
08-08-2018, 12:42 PM
These activists or deep state protagonists are attempting to get Alex Jones thrown from his internet hosting service contracts, citing the storage of child pornography, the sale of contraband and other criminal violations.

AuH20
08-08-2018, 12:47 PM
The current list of sites that have banned Jones:

Facebook
YouTube
Apple
Google Podcast
Spotify
TuneIn
Spreaker
iHeartRadio
Audioboom
Pinterest
MailChimp
Stitcher
Disqus
Sprout Social
LinkedIn
…YouPorn?

Carlybee
08-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Maybe Bryan can host Alex Jones vids here...two birds one stone.

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2018, 02:06 PM
https://www.texasobserver.org/first-they-came-for-alex-jones-ted-cruzs-crusade-against-facebook-reaches-new-extreme/

There’s no shortage of Republicans who harp about how social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter — those overzealous bastions of Silicon Valley liberalism — are engaged in a conspiratorial plot to muzzle the political speech of those on the right.

On this front, perhaps no politician has been more vocal and sanctimonious than Senator Ted Cruz. And he’s taking his virtuous crusade against Facebook’s political persecution of conservatives to new extremes, by tethering it to a vehement defense of the Austin conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones. When the social media giant decided to temporarily suspend Jones’s personal account in late July, Cruz was moved to speak out.

Predictably, he took an immense amount of flak for defending Jones, who is currently fighting defamation charges in court for peddling the stunning nonsense that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a government hoax. That’s just one in a long list of vile and dangerous theories — remember Pizzagate? — that Jones’ fringy media empire InfoWars has perpetuated over the years.

Am no fan of Jones — among other things he has a habit of repeatedly slandering my Dad by falsely and absurdly accusing him of killing JFK — but who the hell made Facebook the arbiter of political speech? Free speech includes views you disagree with. #1A https://t.co/RC5v4SHaiI

— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) July 28, 2018

But Cruz is not backing down. In an interview with reporters at the conservative Resurgent Gathering in Austin on Saturday, Cruz cast himself as the righteous defender of the First Amendment and free speech — including “offensive speech, bad speech, stupid speech” — and bemoaned liberals and the media for not joining him in his principled defense of Jones. (It’s worth noting that the moderation policies of a private corporation like Facebook are not a First Amendment issue.)

“As the poem goes, you know, first they came for Alex Jones. That does not end well,” Cruz said, referencing the famous Martin Niemöller poem about German cowardice in the face of ascendant Nazism. Apparently in this metaphor, Facebook is the Nazis and Jones is… the socialists?

“There’s a reason I picked someone who has been nasty to me: to illustrate this is not about defending someone I agree with,” Cruz said. “This is a First Amendment principle that everyone has a right to speak, and people can sort out those who are making sense from those who are full of crap.”

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Meet Jared Holt, the guy who’s getting Alex Jones kicked off the internet (https://www.salon.com/2018/08/08/meet-jared-holt-the-guy-whos-getting-alex-jones-kicked-off-the-internet/)
Jared Holt helped lead the pressure campaign to get Infowars booted from Spotify, Facebook and other platforms
Amanda Marcotte - August 8, 2018

Alex Jones is having a rough week. The Texas-based conspiracy theorist and head of the disturbingly popular Infowars media empire has been banned in rapid succession from a variety of platforms, including Apple, YouTube, Facebook and Spotify.

To many casual news consumers, the purge seems sudden. Jones has been peddling mean-spirited hoaxes for years, including 9/11 "truther" nonsense, false accusations of pedophilia aimed at a broad set of targets (including special counsel Robert Mueller), and hyping the idea that the bereaved parents of kids killed in the Sandy Hook massacre are fakers — the latter of which has led to a defamation lawsuit that could cost the Infowars host millions of dollars. So why now?

The timing isn't random. In recent weeks, a group of progressive activists has dialed up efforts to pressure these distribution platforms to drop Infowars. That pressure, which comes at a time when court proceedings against Jones have finally begun in earnest, created the momentum that led to this decision. This has been mentioned in passing in much of the coverage, but these folks deserve much more credit and recognition for the work they've been doing in trying to fight right-wing disinformation campaigns.

Salon spoke recently with Jared Holt, a researcher from Right Wing Watch, a project of People for the American Way. Holt's work has been instrumental in getting social media and other internet platforms to give Infowars the boot. This interview has been edited and condensed for clarity.

I follow you on Twitter and noticed that you seemed to be spearheading the effort to kick Alex Jones off Spotify. Am I right in this assumption?

I first brought attention to the fact that Spotify was hosting Infowars’ programming and tweeted about it. That was amplified by the progressive group Sleeping Giants, which brought it into the national attention, from my relatively niche Twitter account. People were upset and threatened to boycott Spotify. That got the attention of reporters who asked Spotify about it. Then I also wrote an article laying out the case for why Infowars clearly violates Spotify’s own hosting rules.

Why did you decide to target Spotify? Alex Jones is being distributed all over, as we've come to realize.

I’m not sure it was really a calculated effort. I use Spotify to listen to music while I work. I noticed they had a podcast section, so I was looking through that. When I found Infowars, I was surprised -- mostly because of my own experience as someone who has a podcast, aside from my work with Right Wing Watch. I experienced a personal struggle to get Spotify to list my own podcast.

I guess I was a little bit offended that Alex Jones was able to get on the air and I wasn’t.

Did Spotify respond to your complaints directly?

No. I reached out to Spotify for comments on my original stories about the ways that Infowars violates the terms of service. Although I was the first person, to my knowledge, to ask them about this, they never responded to me.

It seems like there was a snowball effect that took place after this happened. Jones got booted one outlet and then the rest followed, stampede-style. Why was this the tipping point?

For a long time, people have been frustrated, particularly with Facebook and YouTube hosting Infowars. Those sites nearly broke their backs to come up with reasons why Infowars should be exempt from the same user policy enacted on everybody else that uses the platform.

Maybe adding Spotify and Apple to this discussion underlined exactly how legitimate the concerns of the people who were upset by this were.

Why do you think Facebook resisted kicking Jones off for so long?

To be just totally blunt, I think Facebook was afraid to take action.

Ever since the internet began, there’s been the existential question over how much responsibility platforms have for the content that its users generate. The internet started as a radical experiment in free speech, and I think early on, we saw the benefits of that more clearly. I’m thinking back to events like the Arab Spring and that sort of stuff, to see what a free and open internet could do for democracy at large and on the world stage.

But over the past couple of years, we’ve experienced the negative effects. We were spoiled by the good before we saw the ugly. I think because of that, there is sort of a fear -- not just at Facebook, but with other tech companies as well -- that restricting pages gets attention.

They also would be subject to backlash from millions of people who keep up with Infowars and support Infowars.

You work at Right Wing Watch and People for the American Way by tracking right-wing misinformation sites. Why is it so important to go after these guys? What danger do they present to the public?

It's in the name of Infowars. It’s not an attempt at legitimate reporting. It's a, quote, "war" for your mind.
More: https://www.salon.com/2018/08/08/meet-jared-holt-the-guy-whos-getting-alex-jones-kicked-off-the-internet/

DamianTV
08-08-2018, 02:36 PM
What happens next? Will you be refused to access your Bank Acct because of your political or religious views?

We know it starts with Alex and ends with censoring every individual, with Ron Paul Forums somewhere in between. What happens after that? Will you be fired from your job for not being a Libtard? Will your rental application be denied? Will you fail a class because your neighbor listened to Alex? Maybe it will extend well beyond the Private Sector and reach Govt levels, where you are denied to vote because you wont vote for a particular Neocon that you were told to vote for? Maybe you will be imprisoned? Maybe you will be denied permission to have children? Maybe we really will all end up in FEMA Camps, or some other Reeducation Facility? Maybe they will just flat out kill you for being a white male?

There are a bunch of things going on here:
Censorship (obvious)
Self Censorship
Gerrymandering
Pushing for Democratic Landslide
Election Interference
Brainwashing
Normalizing Censorship
Normalizing Extremism of Leftist Policies
Manufacture Artificial Conflict
Rewriting and Censorship of History
Civil War
World War
Depopulation
Population Enslavement
Elimination of ALL Human Rights
Technocratic Replacement of Government (AI replaces Politicians and Courts)
Collapse Western Civilization

Every potential next step gets progressively worse and exceedingly more dangerous. And all of these actions are supported by large groups of people who do so with the approval of their own twisted morals, so they sleep like babies at night when endorsing unprecedented levels of violence against others. I do not advocate violence, yet, they push the most oppressive forms of violence against all others. The only possible long term outcome of this they enact extreme violence against us. If you tried to support Black Lives Matter by saying ALL Lives Matter and condemn violence in any form, then you are racist. Read between the lines of "Black Lives Matter" and you will find what is not written, which is nothing short of "Your LIFE does NOT matter".

The reason they start with censorship of Conspiracy Theorists is because sometimes the Conspiracy Theorist is right.

devil21
08-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Which of his stories that he hasn't redacted (happens rarely, less than msm) was disinfo news?

If you go to the site on a random day and there are 12 stories on the front page, how many do you presume are disinfo?

Come on, AJ/IW has turned into MSM-lite. Every story on IW front page right now is some derivative of an MSM item, just spun a bit for the low-info faux CT "Q" believing crowd. I'm struggling to figure out why anyone in power would think he needs to be silenced. It's not like he's producing End Game and Obama Deception type videos any more.

AuH20
08-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Come on, AJ/IW has turned into MSM-lite. Every story on IW front page right now is some derivative of an MSM item, just spun a bit for the low-info faux CT "Q" believing crowd. I'm struggling to figure out why anyone in power would think he needs to be silenced. It's not like he's producing End Game and Obama Deception type videos any more.

He's being silenced because of his sources. He's still the only game in town, in terms of an independent publisher. If you have serious dirt on a governmental agency, your options are severely limited. Like Jones or not, he has significant clout to break stories.

devil21
08-08-2018, 04:02 PM
He's being silenced because of his sources. He's still the only game in town, in terms of an independent publisher. If you have serious dirt on a governmental agency, your options are severely limited. Like Jones or not, he has significant clout to break stories.

He does indeed have a large megaphone but breaking stories that no one else touches is something he hasn't done in a long time. If it's his reach that is being silenced then something very newsworthy and ripe for conspiratorial commentary isn't far off. However, it seems to me that silencing IW is a big distraction from the much wider silencing going on of smaller, independent-thinking media voices and AJ is just sucking all of the air out of the room with his saga. I barely see a peep about the others that have been shut down and will continue to be shut down. It's those smaller outlets that make up the network of independent news and commentary, not really AJ/IW anymore.

Swordsmyth
08-08-2018, 04:10 PM
He does indeed have a large megaphone but breaking stories that no one else touches is something he hasn't done in a long time. If it's his reach that is being silenced then something very newsworthy and ripe for conspiratorial commentary isn't far off. However, it seems to me that silencing IW is a big distraction from the much wider silencing going on of smaller, independent-thinking media voices and AJ is just sucking all of the air out of the room with his saga. I barely see a peep about the others that have been shut down and will continue to be shut down. It's those smaller outlets that make up the network of independent news and commentary, not really AJ/IW anymore.

It is the first step into a new level of censorship, now they will not only pick on little sites that few people will notice but they will dare to attack high visibility targets and purge any and all non-leftist voices.

It doesn't much matter whether you like AJ or not, if they don't feel pain for this things will get much worse in a hurry.

Suzanimal
08-08-2018, 05:52 PM
The current list of sites that have banned Jones:

Facebook
YouTube
Apple
Google Podcast
Spotify
TuneIn
Spreaker
iHeartRadio
Audioboom
Pinterest
MailChimp
Stitcher
Disqus
Sprout Social
LinkedIn
…YouPorn?

:eyes:

Danke
08-08-2018, 06:07 PM
:eyes:

You have not been banned there yet.

nbhadja
08-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Because he tells the truth. That's why. They wouldn't care if he was just spewing BS. It's the same reason why the MSM all coordinated to attack the Q stuff last week after ignoring it since it started last November. They won't do that if Q was a lying larp.The Q stuff is real and you will see it soon. The sealed indictments don't lie, nor does Q's track record of being right.

AuH20
08-08-2018, 06:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCaBO0fagSU

specsaregood
08-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Because he tells the truth. That's why. They wouldn't care if he was just spewing BS.

So you are saying that the Russians really did attack us on new years eve 1999?

tod evans
08-12-2018, 06:12 AM
https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/free_speech_monopoly_cartoon_ben_garrison.jpg

https://grrrgraphics.com/the-game-is-rigged-free-speech-monopoly/

In early America many cities had ‘town squares’ in which citizens could stand on soapboxes and shout out various messages. Our First Amendment protects such speech.

The Internet is today’s town square. The soapboxes are social media.

The Deep State and the left are intertwined with Silicon Valley. The CIA helped Google and Facebook get started. Why? To make it easier to spy on people. Over time, millions gravitated toward Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Conservative and Libertarian voices became very strong and that alarmed the Deep State. So they began demonetizing conservatives. Then they shadow-banned them. Now they are deleting them outright.

For many years, Alex Jones reached millions with his journalism and rants. His tirades helped wake people up. He yelled at us about the Deep State, including the corrupt security agencies, the Bohemian Grove, the CFR, the Bilderbergs, fluoride in our water, the lies about 9-11, and yes, even Sandy Hook. The latter had many anomalies that should be questioned. Alex brought all of this up and more before anyone else had a inkling about what was really going on with such matters. He was routinely dismissed as a ‘conspiracy theorist’ by the establishment. However, much of what he has been saying over the years is now acknowledged as self-evident. The legacy media, the Deep State, and Silicon Valley could not stomach the fact that he was informing and influencing minds and elections. They all got together and confiscated his soapbox. Their lame excuse? They claimed he was a purveyor of ‘hate speech.’

Having previously endured years of hate speech aimed toward me, I know what it is and what it isn’t. To me, it’s libel, defamation and death threats. Alex Jones has never engaged in hate speech. Questioning climate change is not hate speech. Jones is not a racist, a bigot or any of the other ‘phobic’ names the left enjoy pinning on ideological opponents. ‘Hate speech’ sounds alarming and terrible, but it’s also vague. Who gets to decide what it is? The Supreme Court ruled it was legal speech, but apparently the Silicon Valley and Deep State commissars want to overrule that decision. They own their social media game and they’ve rigged it in their favor. They have all the money in the world, so they can afford to lose revenue from the millions of conservatives and libertarians they’re forcing out of the game. They can’t win the argument, so they’re resorting to censorship.

Censorship is what China does, and companies like Facebook and Apple are eager to please the communist oligarchs. The Deep State wants what President Xi enjoys—a rigged Internet that does not allow dissent or criticism of the political elite. Right now, even Winnie the Pooh is being banned in China. Why? Because Xi opponents in China were using the cartoon bear as a ‘meme’ to criticize their leader. Remember, conservatives greatly out-memed the left during the last presidential election. Hillary is no doubt very angry that we have the ability to meme and ridicule her pomposity. She once said herself that the Internet needs an ‘editor.’ She would welcome a Chinese-style, well-censored Internet that she and her ilk would control.

The leftist media have dominated American minds for decades. The lies they told were readily accepted as facts. That kind of mind control is no longer working for them, thanks to the Internet. We know their ‘Russia collusion’ narrative is bunk. We’re not going along, so now they want to force us to go along and if we don’t, we get banned as ‘haters.’

It will get worse. PayPal is already banning users who are being smeared as ‘haters.’ The left will make that tactic seem fashionable, so it’s a matter of time before banks get in on the act. Maybe even the Bezos-owned Amazon?

What can we do? Many think conservatives should develop their own social media. That is no easy task and we will receive no generous funding from the Deep State to do it. What we should NOT do is ask government to ‘regulate’ social media. That would only add bureaucracy and regulations on free speech and if the left regains political control, they will use it to their advantage. Just like they used the IRS to harass conservatives.

The only thing we can do now is keep our cool and let the leftist oligarchs play their game and reveal themselves for who they are—tyrants who want control over our minds via their game of monopoly.

—Ben Garrison

Anti Federalist
08-12-2018, 06:23 AM
Bans don’t seem to be lessening reach of Alex Jones, InfoWars

https://www.mystatesman.com/business/bans-don-seem-lessening-reach-alex-jones-infowars/Xo1jC96JodMuYqZDYMVQjO/

By Sebastian Herrera and Nicole Cobler - American-Statesman Staff

Posted: 11:41 a.m. Friday, August 10, 2018

Some of the nation’s largest technology and social media companies have tried to stop Alex Jones and his conspiracy theories. But in a digital world, their attempts seem to have barely slowed him down.

After YouTube, Facebook and others this week removed content by Jones and his website, the InfoWars leader, talk show host and Austin resident fired back, accusing the companies of censorship and urging his audience to fight back against what he called an “unprecedented attack.”

Meanwhile, Jones’ website and other online platforms have remained popular destinations.

InfoWars continues to see more than 1 million page visits per day and has trended upward this month, according to Amazon’s Alexa website traffic report, which also said InfoWars averages more than 25 million page views per month.

Consumers still can access InfoWars through the same tech companies that just banned it. Google still offers the Infowars app for Android users, and Apple customers can download it through the App Store.

As of Friday, the show’s phone app remained near the top of the charts in both the Apple App and Google Play stores. Infowars Official, an app that lets viewers stream Jones’ shows and read news of the day, was ranked fourth among trending apps in the Google Play store Friday. In the news category on Apple’s App Store, Infowars earned the fourth slot under the top free apps, behind Twitter and News Break, a local and breaking news service, revealing a sudden boost of user downloads.

Apple told The Washington Post in a written statement: “We put great effort into curating the App Store to provide the very best experience for everyone. We strongly support all points of view being represented on the App Store, as long as the apps are respectful to users with differing opinions, and follow our clear guidelines, ensuring the App Store is a safe marketplace for all.”

On Twitter, where Jones hasn’t been banned, his follower count has reached almost 900,000.

“Alex Jones has been doing this for a long time,” said Adam Curry, a former host on MTV and longtime podcast personality in Austin. “When he started off, there was no YouTube, etc. We have the belief that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the internet, but it’s not. You can’t stop people from posting, and he has a very loyal following.”

Jones has previously said his platforms reach 70 million people per week.

In a way, Curry said, Jones’ banishment from major websites has helped the host, giving him ammunition to rile up his followers and further promote his initiatives.

More at link...

timosman
08-12-2018, 07:36 AM
“Alex Jones has been doing this for a long time,” said Adam Curry, a former host on MTV and longtime podcast personality in Austin. “When he started off, there was no YouTube, etc. We have the belief that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the internet, but it’s not. You can’t stop people from posting, and he has a very loyal following.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjUxbPHpxu0

devil21
08-12-2018, 10:40 AM
In a way, Curry said, Jones’ banishment from major websites has helped the host, giving him ammunition to rile up his followers and further promote his initiatives.

More at link...

Interesting article there. It appears that the banning has created more interest in AJ/IW, not less.

If one believes that AJ is controlled opposition, perhaps he is being set up to be a "go to" source of commentary for the low-info faux CT "Q" believing Trumper crowd instead of his reach being silenced. We have learned that one of the best ways to drive people toward controlled opposition is to have the "mainstream" attack them (see: Trump...the enemy of your enemy must be your friend? No, not always.) Then, the controlled opposition can lead the followers in the wrong direction with the largest megaphone, thus drowning out lesser dissenting voices.

Marenco
08-12-2018, 06:13 PM
http://img.picturequotes.com/2/857/856318/for-centuries-censorship-has-created-best-sellers-because-as-michel-de-montaigne-said-to-forbid-us-quote-1.jpg

Swordsmyth
08-12-2018, 07:13 PM
http://img.picturequotes.com/2/857/856318/for-centuries-censorship-has-created-best-sellers-because-as-michel-de-montaigne-said-to-forbid-us-quote-1.jpg
It all started with Eve, the snake and that apple.