PDA

View Full Version : My name is Gurbir Grewal

otherone
07-26-2018, 02:35 PM
https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/07/my_name_is_gurbir_grewal_nj_ag_responds_to_station .html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

New Jersey's attorney general on Thursday opened up on Twitter about facing discrimination as a Sikh public official after insults hurled by a pair of New Jersey radio hosts caused a firestorm.

Management at NJ 101.5 FM announced Thursday morning the station had suspended the hosts of the popular "Dennis & Judi Show" after a Wednesday broadcast in which they said they could not remember the attorney general's name, dubbing him "Turban Man."

"My name, for the record, is Gurbir Grewal," the AG wrote to the station in a Twitter post early Thursday. "I'm the 61st Attorney General of NJ. I'm a Sikh American. I have 3 daughters. And yesterday, I told them to turn off the radio."

The comments drew stern rebuke from Gov. Phil Murphy, who appointed Grewal in January, and a host of other elected officials.

I'm surprised there was no blow back for assuming his gender.

phill4paul
07-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Calling him a "Turban Head" is not libel, nor defamation. It's a statement of fact. He wears a turban. No law was broken. Fuck this Turban Head.

Zippyjuan
07-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Calling him a "Turban Head" is not libel, nor defamation. It's a statement of fact. He wears a turban. No law was broken. $#@! this Turban Head.

Since that is such a positive thing, are you going to go out and get a turban?

timosman
07-26-2018, 02:50 PM

Where are you going with this? :D

Zippyjuan
07-26-2018, 02:51 PM
Where are you going with this? :D

To the turban store. They must be cool! "Turban head!" Turbans make you look smarter. All the best Genies have them!

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/arabian-genie-turban-magic-lamp-smoke-cartoon-characters-set-wish-vector-illustration-100347633.jpg

timosman
07-26-2018, 02:53 PM
To the turban store. They must be cool! "Turban head!"

You are such a troll. :tears:

phill4paul
07-26-2018, 02:55 PM

I don't think it is against the law to say something negative. Please show me statutes where it may be considered illegal. That being as it may I'm thinking of getting a MAGA hat. For shits and giggles and offending progs. I kinda like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=uTWAuhcrymw

Zippyjuan
07-26-2018, 02:57 PM
I don't think it is against the law to say something negative. Please show me statutes where it may be considered illegal. That being as it may I'm thinking of getting a MAGA hat. For $#@!s and giggles and offending progs. I kinda like this one.

So it WASN'T a compliment.

Calling him a "Turban Head" is not libel, nor defamation.

You are right, it is not illegal to say stupid things.

phill4paul
07-26-2018, 03:07 PM

What does it matter if it is or isn't? This ditz is a snowflake. He's been offended. Morning show hosts that don't show respect must be silenced! Fuck him. And fuck anyone that supports what he did.

Swordsmyth
07-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Nor was it necessarily an insult, it was flippant and childish but that isn't illegal, if Gurbir had any self-esteem he would either adopt it as a badge of honor or ignore it.

You should give thanks for that every day.

Origanalist
07-26-2018, 03:59 PM
Someone had to say it....

https://hips.hearstapps.com/ghk.h-cdn.co/assets/16/47/1479837659-original-gerber-baby.jpg

oyarde
07-26-2018, 04:04 PM

I think I would be good with turban man if I wore one everyday , as an AG I would expect to be called much worse . In fact , he seems a little thin skinned for a AG in Jersey:hearnoevil:.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Wow...what a revelation...morning drive radio hosts that are offensive.

Phill's right, fuck this guy.

Yet another hyphenated Amerkunt with a stick up his ass.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2018, 04:22 PM
He has served as president of the South Asian Bar Association of New York and a member of the New Jersey Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurbir_Grewal)

But he can belong to groups, as an officer of the court, specifically designed to support his ethnicity.

Ender
07-26-2018, 04:32 PM
So Turban Man is a fuck for a complaint on Twitter but Trump can Twitter-hate all day & everyone's cool with it.

So much love......

TheCount
07-26-2018, 05:21 PM
So Turban Man is a fuck for a complaint on Twitter but Trump can Twitter-hate all day & everyone's cool with it.

Just like the rest of the media, Twitter loves Trump because he makes them money. That's the exception to all of the rules.

Swordsmyth
07-26-2018, 05:26 PM
So Turban Man is a $#@! for a complaint on Twitter but Trump can Twitter-hate all day & everyone's cool with it.

So much love......

He is to be criticized for making up garbage about discrimination over trivial nonsense to try to manipulate the public.

In a series of Twitter posts, the attorney general said the comments underscored discrimination he's had to overcome as a Sikh public official.

"This is not the first indignity I've faced and it probably won't be the last," he wrote in one post. "Sometimes, I endure it alone. Yesterday, all of New Jersey heard it. It's time to end small-minded intolerance."

oyarde
07-26-2018, 05:36 PM
But he can belong to groups, as an officer of the court, specifically designed to support his ethnicity.

LOL NJ Asian Pacific american lawyers Association . LOL