PDA

View Full Version : huckster gasforthebus money bomb did what?

Thor
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Anyone know how much the huckmeister raised / is raising? It is "today", right?

His website shows $822K for a Dec 15th goal of $1.15 M. Not sure if this "money bomb" is part of that, or how long that has been up.

Anyone?

azminuteman
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Anyone know how much the huckmeister raised / is raising? It is "today", right?

His website shows $822K for a Dec 15th goal of $1.15 M. Not sure if this "money bomb" is part of that, or how long that has been up.

Anyone?

He's close to $100,000 today.
He'll probably hit his goal by our Tea Party.

His donations spiked after the debate

skinzterpswizfan
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
He's close to $100,000 today.
He'll probably hit his goal by our Tea Party.

His donations spiked after the debate

I want to say he was somewhere around 650,000 dollars yesterday, I could definitely be wrong though. In either case, a pretty weak "bomb" I'd say.

Cindy
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Gas Bomb ?

How appropriate for the Huckabee campaign.:cool:

Thor
12-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Gas Bomb ?

How appropriate for the Huckabee campaign.:cool:

More like gas bag....

Falseflagop
I hate this SOB !! He reminds me of CLINTON aka "SLICK WILLY" with his salesman talk !

JeffersonThomas
650 K yesterday? Did he get donations that didn't show up on the Ron Paul graphs?

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
It's pretty sad when you have to beg for gas money. Why isn't all his skyrocketing support translating into donations? :rolleyes:

bbachtung
12-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Just use RonPaulGraphs.com and look at Huck versus Paul today to figure out his total raised thus far.

I love RonPaulGraphs.com (thanks, Chowda).

bolidew
12-12-2007, 04:05 PM
I am sick and tired of some people keep advertising Huckbee within "Ron Paul Grassroots" section!

JaylieWoW
12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Not that I particularly like talking about other candidates, especially upstarts like Huckabee. What bothers me the most is as of today after one response he gave and the email I received this morning from my mother I have come to the conclusion this man is a bigot and hypocrite of the HIGHEST order. Maybe rather than Jesus, Huckabee is secretly Satan's spirit brother!! (Yeah, I know lightning is going to shoot out of the sky at any minute to strike me down).

This man is a TOTAL LIAR!! P.S. my mom is Mormon. I'm willing to just about bet he just lost whatever Mormon support he might have had (probably none but still anythings possible today) AND also the support of people who might have once been considered Mormon but have given up on religion all together. (P.S. I may not adhere to the Mormon faith, but the Mormons are pretty good people who do a whole lot of good in the world. I suppose I'm not a believer but I certainly defend their right to believe as they wish!)

(PS the bold stuff is important if you don't feel like reading all of his response. You do however need to read all of the quote following his response to Wolf).

Here is what he said to Blitzer:

huckabee - actually if you'll talk to the reporter, because he was shocked that tthat was characterized out of that long of story - we were having a several hour long conversation, and he was trying to get my thoughts about mitt romney's religion, even though i hardly knew anything about it. and he was teaching me a lot about mormonism, so i asked that question. after the debate, i went to romney and i apologized to him and said i would never try to do some thing like that, to make his faith an issue. i've stayed away from that. that has been my position. everyone i've talked to wants me to say something about romney's faith; and they say if i avoid it, that's an underlying statement, and if i answer it, i'm attacking him. i dunno how to answer it then, but i say to you today: romney's religion or mine should not be a factor in voting for or against me.

And WTF is up with that last part??!! "should not be a factor in voting for or against me?!!! Really Mike?? My only choices are to vote FOR you or AGAINST you?? Rather presumptuous if you ask me!! Grrr I am liking him less and less everyday. Not because I think he's any threat at all, but because I'm sick and damn tired of politicians LYING and getting away with it just to play on peoples religion or whatever people type they happen to be speaking to!

Here is what my mom sent me this morning:

Here is an article by a talk show host here in SLC. This is proof that religious bigotry is alive and well in the USA; tells me all I need to know about Huckabee. Too bad. I thought he was a good man.

IS HUCKABEE A RELIGIOUS BIGOT?

I mostly grew up in the Baptist Church. I went to Vacation Bible School and supported the Youth For Christ and the Campus Crusade and I got saved at a retreat when I was 14.

My happiest memory of those days is a simple and beautiful song. “They'll Know We Are Christians By Our Love.” Though it's been 30 years since I've sung it in church, I still think of it often, as a check on my attitudes and behavior, as a reminder of how a Christian is supposed to treat others.

I'd recommend it to Mike Huckabee.

I think his Christianity needs a little more Love Thy Neighbor and a little less Screw Your Buddy.

And I feel fine about criticizing his Christian walk because he apparently feels fine about criticizing the beliefs of the church I believe in. In the Sermon on the Mount it says that the way we judge others is the way we will be judged.

So that makes Pastor Huckabee fair game.

And the fact is that he is getting closer to the presidency because he is reaping the benefit of – if not directly fanning – a firestorm of religious bigotry. Mike Huckabee has catapulted into second place nationally among Republicans because he has surged dramatically in the polls in Iowa.

And he has surged dramatically in the polls in Iowa because evangelical Christians in that state have lurched heavily away from Mitt Romney.

And why have evangelical Christians in Iowa lurched heavily away from Mitt Romney?

Because of a concerted effort on the phone and over the pulpit to attack Mitt Romney's religion.

A series of phone solicitations to Republicans in Iowa was constructed in such a way as to bring into question and ridicule various beliefs of – and stereotypes about – the Mormon Church. At the same time, the head of the Southern Baptist Convention said that every time Mitt Romney said he was a Christian, he was going to direct Southern Baptist ministers to preach a sermon saying that Mormons weren't Christians.

Mike Huckabee, of course, is an ordained Southern Baptist minister. Before he went into politics, he was a Baptist clergyman by profession.

And it is an interesting coincidence that that statement by the head of Huckabee's denomination and the telephone push-polling happened at the same time. It is not surprising at the outcome – Iowa evangelicals dropped Romney like a hot potato and Pastor Huckabee surged to the lead.

There had been no new revelation of policy. No change in experience. No significant endorsements one way or the other. All that changed is that somebody – including a close professional associate of Mike Huckabee – decided to attack Mitt Romney's religion.

Judas got 33 pieces of silver, Huckabee got 22 points in the polls.

Yes, that is a harsh thing to say. Yes, I have been a Huckabee supporter and contributor. No, I'm not coming to Romney's aid because I believe in the Mormon Church.

But sometimes you've got to call a spade a spade. And yesterday news broke that indicated that one of those times had arrived.

It has been reported that in this Sunday's “New York Times Magazine” -- one of the more widely read publications in the country – Mike Huckabee is going to be quoted as saying, “Don't Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers?”

That may not be a particular head-turner to many people, but the question and topic are chapter and verse out of anti-Mormon sermons and pamphlets preached and prepared by Southern Baptist ministers and others. It is not a question, it is a hand grenade, a purposeful distortion used for decades to foster revulsion and hard feeling toward Mormons.

For a Baptist minister, it's an old and dirty trick.

And it says as much about Mike Huckabee as I need to know.

It's a pretty poor thing when, if you can't beat a man on the issues, you try to beat him with his religion. It is ungentlemanly, it is un-American and, if that old song was right, it's un-Christian. It looks like Mike Huckabee is willing to mock a man's faith and ridicule a church of some 12 million people in order to satisfy his own bigotry and ambition.

And it seems to be working. The falling dominoes of political success were all started by ridiculing religion.

But that shouldn't surprise anyone.

In 1998, at the national convention of Southern Baptist ministers, Mike Huckabee was a featured speaker. He said some good things – that the family was the basic unit of society – and he said some inspired things – that it is time to “take America back for Christ.” And he pushed a book.

It was titled “Kids Who Kill: Confronting Our Culture of Violence.” Huckabee wrote it with another man and it was published by a company owned by the Baptist Sunday School Board.

A copy was given to all the reporters at the convention.

So was another book. It was titled “Mormonism Unmasked: Confronting the Contradictions Between Mormonism and True Christianity.”

That book was published by the same company that published Mike Huckabee's book – owned by the same Baptist Sunday School Board.

It was written by a man named R. Philip Roberts who is currently the president of the Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was recently quoted as saying that evangelicals should oppose Mitt Romney because his election would “give every (Mormon) missionary the calling card of legitimacy.”

The relevance of Mr. Roberts and his book is that it and its co-authors raise the very question Mike Huckabee is going to pose in this Sunday's “New York Times.” “Don't Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers?” Pastor Huckabee claims to ask the question in innocence, but he isn't being honest.

As a Baptist minister, he has been steeped in anti-Mormon rhetoric all of his adult life. At a convention of fellow ministers at which he spoke, his church-published book was distributed with another church-published book that sought to ridicule Mormons. When he now essentially quotes from that same book, can he be seen as doing anything other than ridiculing Mormons?

No, he can't.

So he's got to decide. Is he running for evangelist in chief, or commander in chief? If he cannot suppress his hostility toward Mormons as a candidate, what makes anyone think he will be able to do so as president. If he is willing to foment bigotry and hard feeling against a group of people to gain political advantage now, what would he do in the White House?

And do we really want a president who would bash someone else's religion for personal gain?

“They'll know we are Christians by our love.”

Right now, Pastor Huckabee doesn't seem to pass that test.

- by Bob Lonsberry © 2007

libertythor
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Yesterday 500,000 dollars in offline donations were added to RP's totals. Things are still looking great, and we are way ahead of Huckabee for the quarter. The 16th will finalize the lead (and probably over much of the rest of the "top tier" also) because after that not many people are going to be thinking about donating to anybody until after New Years Day.

fogger
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think Huckabee is a liar. He's just not very bright. That frequently leads to lots of contradictions.

dspectre
12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I am sick and tired of some people keep advertising Huckbee within "Ron Paul Grassroots" section!

I totally Agree!! What is it with people? Are there closet Huckabee supporters here?

Thor
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I totally Agree!! What is it with people? Are there closet Huckabee supporters here?

I hardly think asking about another candidate's grass roots efforts (to see how poorly they compare) in the same section as Ron Paul Grassroots is wrong. Grassroots to Grassroots.

If it bothers you, don't click on the thread and read it.

If the moderators think it is wrong, move it. I don't care.

And mentioning the name of another candidate is hardly advertising.

dspectre
12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I hardly think asking about another candidate's grass roots efforts (to see how poorly they compare) in the same section as Ron Paul Grassroots is wrong. Grassroots to Grassroots.

If it bothers you, don't click on the thread and read it.

If the moderators think it is wrong, move it. I don't care.

And mentioning the name of another candidate is hardly advertising.

Putting down other people's efforts is not good taste to put it lightly.

Without going into all the details, yes it can be advertising if one mentions someone over and over again.

You can post whatever you want as long as it is ok with the mods and the guidelines of the forums.

it is also my right to say that certain posts can get annoying as well.

kmforpaul
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

Let's set a goal: for what ever Huckabee raises today we will match, on the sixteenth, dollar for dollar during the first ten minutes!

skinzterpswizfan
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
It's going to be hard keeping that Huckabus going across all of America with that type of cash.

kylejack
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Direct link: http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_yesterday.html

Thor
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

Let's set a goal: for what ever Huckabee raises today we will match, on the sixteenth, dollar for dollar during the first ten minutes!

Thanks for posting the graph.

V-rod
12-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Huck's $200,000 MONEY BOMB is enough to buy enough burritos for all the gas he will have.

Johnnybags
12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
at 3.00 a gallon 200k minus drivers, food and gas will not get him over the Rockies, but he is a frontrunner? I guess those responding in the polls are not sending dolares.