PDA

View Full Version : Iran's Rouhani warns Trump about 'mother of all wars'

Zippyjuan
07-22-2018, 08:42 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-usa-rouhani/irans-rouhani-warns-trump-about-mom-of-all-wars-idUSKBN1KC07Z

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday cautioned U.S. President Donald Trump about pursuing hostile policies against Tehran, saying “war with Iran is the mother of all wars”, but did not rule out peace between the two countries.

Iran faces increased U.S. pressure and looming sanctions after Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from a 2015 international deal over Iran’s nuclear program.

Addressing a gathering of Iranian diplomats, Rouhani said: “Mr Trump, don’t play with the lion’s tail, this would only lead to regret,” the state new agency IRNA reported.

“America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” Rouhani said, leaving open the possibility of peace between the two countries, at odds since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

“You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests,” Rouhani said, in an apparent reference to reported efforts by Washington to destabilize Iran’s Islamic government.

In Washington, U.S. officials familiar with the matter told Reuters that the Trump administration had launched an offensive of speeches and online communications meant to foment unrest and help pressure Iran to end its nuclear program and its support of militant groups.

Current and former U.S. officials said the campaign painted Iranian leaders in a harsh light, at times using information that is exaggerated or contradicts other official pronouncements, including comments by previous administrations.

Rouhani scoffed at Trump’s threat to halt Iranian oil exports and said Iran has a dominant position in the Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, a major oil shipping waterway.

“Anyone who understands the rudiments of politics doesn’t say ‘we will stop Iran’s oil exports’...we have been the guarantor of the regional waterway’s security throughout history,” Rouhani said, cited by the semi-official ISNA news agency.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Saturday backed Rouhani’s suggestion that Iran may block Gulf oil exports if its own exports are halted.

Rouhani’s apparent threat earlier this month to disrupt oil shipments from neighboring countries came in reaction to efforts by Washington to force all countries to stop buying Iranian oil.

Iranian officials have in the past threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation for any hostile U.S. action.

On Sunday, Iran’s ground forces commander became the latest military figure to back Rouhani’s apparent threat, the semi-official news agency Tasnim reported.

timosman
07-22-2018, 08:44 PM
Trump likes tough talk. :cool:

Pauls' Revere
07-22-2018, 11:23 PM
Trump likes tough talk. :cool:

Yes he does. Here is his reply. From Drudge Report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/23/trump-warns-irans-rouhani-to-stop-threats-or-face-or-suffer-historic-consequences.html

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
8:24 PM - Jul 22, 2018

pcosmar
07-22-2018, 11:42 PM
Such insanity is hard to watch,, but I am an Observer and it is my task.

Iran has not attacked us in any way despite direct and proxy attacks against Iran by the US.
Attacking Iran is suicidal. They learned well the lessons of Saddam.
They have multi layered defense,, and the ability to detect Stealth.
They have coastal defenses capable of sinking every ship in 200 miles,, in minutes.
An attempt to attack Iran would result in the Closing of the Straights of Hormuz,,, Adversely affecting Trade worldwide.

There is no up side.

The alternative is diplomacy and trade,,, Both rich in opportunity.

Pauls' Revere
07-22-2018, 11:48 PM
This reminds me of the North Korea rhetoric with both side ready to push the button. Then, both are shaking hands talking peace. It's so bipolar. I would not be surprised if were sitting down with Iran having peace talks six months from now.

He just finished talking to Russia in Helsinki, what was said is anybody's guess, but I think he gave Putin a heads up.

timosman
07-22-2018, 11:50 PM
This reminds me of the North Korea rhetoric with both side ready to push the button. Then, both are shaking hands talking peace. It's so bipolar. I would not be surprised if were sitting down with Iran having peace talks six months from now.

He just finished talking to Russia in Helsinki, what was said is anybody's guess, but I think he gave Putin a heads up.

I think Putin gave him dirt on Hillary and Obama.:cool:

timosman
07-22-2018, 11:56 PM
http://magaimg.net/img/5sc8.jpg

Swordsmyth
07-23-2018, 12:09 AM

Iran next--Q

timosman
07-23-2018, 02:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K67cacBPOwA

ILUVRP
07-23-2018, 05:43 AM
Such insanity is hard to watch,, but I am an Observer and it is my task.

Iran has not attacked us in any way despite direct and proxy attacks against Iran by the US.
Attacking Iran is suicidal. They learned well the lessons of Saddam.
They have multi layered defense,, and the ability to detect Stealth.
They have coastal defenses capable of sinking every ship in 200 miles,, in minutes.
An attempt to attack Iran would result in the Closing of the Straights of Hormuz,,, Adversely affecting Trade worldwide.

There is no up side.

The alternative is diplomacy and trade,,, Both rich in opportunity.

i agree with all the above , america losing 10,000 - 20,000 troops in 3-6 months over the price of oil is not worth it , read about the iran
missile systems .

shakey1
07-23-2018, 05:47 AM
Can't make good with Russia by attacking Iran.

pcosmar
07-23-2018, 08:45 AM
i agree with all the above , america losing 10,000 - 20,000 troops in 3-6 months over the price of oil is not worth it , read about the iran
missile systems .

US will lose 10,000 to 20,000 is 15 minutes,, on attack.

it would be utter stupidity or deliberately suicidal.

RonZeplin
07-23-2018, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHnp5ySwOE#action=share

pcosmar
07-23-2018, 10:58 AM
The US has had top tactical Commanders QUIT over this stupid shit.

So what Commanders are going to carry out this madness?

Who is going to order the death of his men,, running into a wall of bullets.

OH,, there will be NO element of surprise.

They are already expecting you. and have been preparing for years.

RJB
07-23-2018, 11:25 AM

That's how I see it. I have noticed with Trump, he speaks in extremes at first and sets the bar at level crazy, and then negotiates face to face at a sane level. He leaves nothing off the table at first. He does this with everything from North Korea to threatening to withdraw troops from Germany to trade wars. I am not saying this is good or bad, but simply this is how he operates. With him it's wise not to jump to conclusions, but figure out where he is going with extreme rhetoric.

timosman
07-23-2018, 11:32 AM
That's how I see it. I have noticed with Trump, he speaks in extremes at first and sets the bar at level crazy, and then negotiates face to face at a sane level. He leaves nothing off the table at first. He does this with everything from North Korea to threatening to withdraw troops from Germany to trade wars. I am not saying this is good or bad, but simply this is how he operates. With him it's wise not to jump to conclusions, but figure out where he is going with extreme rhetoric.

Now compare this with community organizers approach to negotiating: Can liberals make deals? www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?523939-Can-liberals-make-deals

Anti Globalist
07-23-2018, 04:07 PM
This is similar to what Trump was doing with North Korea and look how that turned out. Hopefully Iran will turn out the same.

phill4paul
07-23-2018, 05:18 PM
For such patriarchal shitlords they sure do throw the term "mother of all" around a lot.

Dr.3D
07-23-2018, 05:25 PM
What's up with that area and all the Mother In Law Wars?

Ender
07-23-2018, 06:06 PM
For such patriarchal $#@!lords they sure do throw the term "mother of all" around a lot.

The US has been messing with Iran for years- it's all about the oil. Trump's cancelation of the Iran Deal was pure Trump_ego.

It's time to leave them alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=YVLNzPY4Ms8

Zippyjuan
07-23-2018, 06:06 PM
For such patriarchal $#@!lords they sure do throw the term "mother of all" around a lot.

Trump likes it too.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-drops-the-mother-of-all-bombs-on-afghanistan

Trump Drops the Mother of All Bombs on Afghanistan

When the so-called Mother of All Bombs was first tested, in 2003, the largest conventional weapon in the United States arsenal set off a mushroom cloud visible for twenty miles. The potential damage from the twenty-two-thousand-pound bomb was so vast that the Pentagon ordered a legal review to insure that the device wouldn’t be deemed an indiscriminate killer under the Law of Armed Conflict, the body of law that regulates behavior during wartime. The moab was compared to a small nuclear weapon. It’s so large that no U.S. warplane is big enough to drop it: it has to be offloaded from the rear of a cargo plane, with the help of a parachute.

“Although the moab weapon leaves a large footprint, it is discriminate and requires a deliberate launching toward the target,” the Pentagon report concluded. “It is expected that the weapon will have a substantial psychological effect on those who witness its use.”

Fourteen years after it was deemed ready to use, the U.S. unleashed the moab for the first time in combat on Thursday, at 7:32 p.m., against an isis affiliate in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar Province, along the border with Pakistan. In Washington, the White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that it “targeted a system of tunnels and caves that isis fighters used to move around freely, making it easier for them to target U.S. military advisers and Afghan forces in the area.”

More at link.

Zippyjuan
07-23-2018, 06:08 PM
The US has been messing with Iran for years- it's all about the oil. Trump's cancelation of the Iran Deal was pure Trump_ego.

Trump says he wants to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons. So to accomplish that, he cancelled the treaty which prevented Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Brilliant!

Ender
07-23-2018, 06:11 PM
Trump says he wants to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons. So to accomplish that, he cancelled the treaty which prevented Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Brilliant!

Exactly- never mind that Iran hasn't started a war in over 100 years- plus Israel refused to sign the Nuclear Agreement and is reported to have 200-400 nuclear warheads. But Iran's the bad guy.

phill4paul
07-23-2018, 06:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=YVLNzPY4Ms8

Never said we shouldn't.

phill4paul
07-23-2018, 06:18 PM

Lol. You're sorely mistaken if you believe any country would stop developing nuclear weapons becauseof a treaty. Pretty sure Iran has seen what has happened to Saddam and Qauddafi.

Zippyjuan
07-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Exactly- never mind that Iran hasn't started a war in over 100 years- plus Israel refused to sign the Nuclear Agreement and is reported to have 200-400 nuclear warheads. But Iran's the bad guy.

Israel never says and has never tested any nuclear weapons or devices. They may be bluffing. Estimates range from 40-60 to 400 though.

phill4paul
07-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Israel never says and has never tested any nuclear weapons or devices. They may be bluffing. Estimates range from 40-60 to 400 though.

Perhaps a proxy has?

Swordsmyth
07-23-2018, 07:15 PM
President Trump on Monday said he isn't concerned about escalating tensions between the U.S. and Iran, hours after he threatened severe consequences against the regime over its "demented" comments about America.
"Not at all," Trump responded when asked by reporters at a White House event if he was worried about provoking Iran.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-not-at-all-worried-about-potential-clash-with-iran

timosman
07-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Perhaps a proxy has?

You mean us?:D