PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Hightimes ad at almost 50% ($1800) funding, deadline Friday!

fortilite
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
* This is a magazine with a circulation of 206,000
* It is an audience receptive to Dr. Paul's positions
* The ad is highly targeted to the magazine's audience
* This is a full page, full color ad
* We can get great page placement

All of this for $3600. The problem is the deadline is Friday if we want to get it in the January issue (the only one in time for registration).

Here is the ad (not the final draft):
http://www.global-netventures.com/defcreativepaulad50.jpg

Here is the ChipIn:
http://ronpaulht.chipin.com/hightimes-full-page-ron-paul-ad

And here is a message board thread about it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51104

Help get this highly targeted ad in! This is our last chance for a targeted magazine ad for the primaries.

tamor
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
bump

StumbleBum7
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
i love the final draft i may send some tonight

ty1er
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I tried to donate some last night but PayPal still has my account locked until March : / It's a shame such a horrible company has to be the standard...but don't get me started on that.

1913_to_2008
12-12-2007, 04:05 PM
//

fortilite
12-12-2007, 04:05 PM
They're horrible because they're the standard, they know they'll get away with anything.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Bump, let's keep on running to the finish.

madcat033
12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Guys, I would strongly suggest that this be high on our priority list. You are getting a circulation of 206,000 for the price of 3,600. It's really hard to beat that circulation for that price. Also, the High Times audience has a MUCH higher proportion of potential Ron Paul supporters than your average publication, I guarantee it.

And not only that, but smokers smoke SOCIALLY. In groups! With their friends! They'll read the magazine together, and talk about it. I guarantee it.

Vendico
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I posted the info on a cannabis forum.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I posted the info on a cannabis forum.

Great, thanks! I think we just might pull this off.

ChrisV
12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks. Just donated.

FYI, I would have donated earlier but I didn't know this project existed.

EDIT: Maybe it should be posted under the Grass Roots Projects section.

OferNave
12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I threw in $500 earlier because this ad is really a sweet deal - especially if you compare it to many of the other ads we've already funded here in grassroots central.

Step up and make this happen! I already did my part. :)

fortilite
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks. Just donated.

FYI, I would have donated earlier but I didn't know this project existed.

EDIT: Maybe it should be posted under the Grass Roots Projects section.

Good idea, I just posted it under advertisements.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Bump

fortilite
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Donations are slowing down. Does anyone have any other places to post this?

fogger
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Just donated... I love the new ad!

fortilite
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like we've stalled, gotta pick it up or we won't make deadline.

skeet
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
No offence to anyone who likes weed, but do potheads really vote as a block?
Educate me.

icon124
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I tried to donate some last night but PayPal still has my account locked until March : / It's a shame such a horrible company has to be the standard...but don't get me started on that.

tell me about it....i sold something on ebay and some kid took his mothers credit card to fund my account....the mother told paypal and they PUNISHED ME...i will never deal with them again

ItsTime
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I reposted this to my mailing list. Good luck.

NCSURonPaulAddict
12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
^^^ As a person who knows lot's of potheads....

If they were to become aware of Ron Paul they would definitely show up to vote for him, probably blazed.

This ad is a GREAT idea. Along with canvassing headshops with slimjims (which I've been doing) this should help get the word out.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Very cool, let's keep on getting the word out to the massive voting block.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Hope they don't mind me advertising in Craigslist, this is getting down to the wire.

tnvoter
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
bump

tamor
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Have donated -- Come one people -- just a little -- important

richard1984
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Love the ad!

Do you think it'd be possible (or even a good idea) to say something about Ron Paul being a medical doctor? It may make him sound even better. :D

tamor
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Careful not to catergorize all who smoke as "potheads"-- this work tends to bring to mind a negative image -- not necessarily true of the base of smokers

richard1984
12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
If they were to become aware of Ron Paul they would definitely show up to vote for him, probably blazed.

Nuthin' wrong with voting stoned. It makes it exciting! :cool:

tamor
12-12-2007, 10:24 PM
sorry for the typo in #27 work=word

NCSURonPaulAddict
12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Lol to clarify I'm not being negative when saying pothead. As a marijuana smoker I can understand why this voting block might actually be motivated to vote, because our freedoms are so often thwarted by horrible drug laws.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I smoke, definitely not a pothead.

Oh yeah, and 55%!

devil21
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
How closely have you talked with the High Times ad staff? Maybe suggest that they would get a higher readership for the edition with the ad in it, similar to the USA Today ad. Maybe they will consider lowering the ad cost if they knew it would boost sales. Just a thought.

shepburn
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
This is a great cause ...

blimp

fortilite
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm calling them tomorrow, gonna mention that we might not make the full 3600. I'm gonna hate myself forever if we don't get this ad in.

devil21
12-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Just added $10 to get it over $2000. Keep spreading the word!

fortilite
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Nice! We've certainly raised a lot, I think we might pull this off!

fortilite
12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Bump 57%

romeshomey
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
You'd think with the amount of additional publicity this featured ad would generate for High Times, they would be willing to lower the price a bit, or even go in on the costs.

The ad that was placed in the USA Today generated so many sales that people are still buying them for $15 each on Ebay lol.

I chipped in, wasnt much, but was all I have to offer. Hope it goes through.

Do you know if High Times is going to interview and do a feature on Ron Paul like they did in 88'?

Also, have you posted this information on any Canadian pot activist websites? They love to contribute funds to US political causes that are against extraditing their citizens to the US for marijuana cultivation and seed sale charges.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I posted this in the hunting thread as well.

I just want to say something here that I think might be an important situation.

Right now there are TWO magazine add chipins running at the same time with the same deadline. Both EXCELLENT ideas with good focus.

However, Friday is only 1.5 days away. One chipin is at 71+ and the other is somewhere in the 50's I believe.

If by chance neither raise the amount needed, don't let two of these idea fall at the same time. One should be picked and then people can re-donate to fill the other one. However the message gets out is better than no message at all! That's just my 2 cents.
Edit/Delete Message

amonasro
12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
This is a great great great idea for an ad and a huge opportunity to reach out to the marijuana smoking community, which is bigger than people think.

I actually discovered Ron Paul while researching medical benefits of marijuana, and I'm sure many have. Think about a group of 10 smokers sharing a pipe, sitting in a circle, all getting excited about Ron Paul just because one guy saw this ad. Living in fear of the law because of their hobby gives them a huge incentive to vote.

trey4sports
12-12-2007, 11:47 PM

Right now there are TWO magazine add chipins running at the same time with the same deadline. Both EXCELLENT ideas with good focus.

However, Friday is only 1.5 days away. One chipin is at 71+ and the other is somewhere in the 50's I believe.

If by chance neither raise the amount needed, don't let two of these idea fall at the same time. One should be picked and then people can re-donate to fill the other one. However the message gets out is better than no message at all! That's just my 2 cents.
Edit/Delete Message

agreed

romeshomey
12-12-2007, 11:53 PM
This is a great great great idea for an ad and a huge opportunity to reach out to the marijuana smoking community, which is bigger than people think.

I actually discovered Ron Paul while researching medical benefits of marijuana, and I'm sure many have. Think about a group of 10 smokers sharing a pipe, sitting in a circle, all getting excited about Ron Paul just because one guy saw this ad. Living in fear of the law because of their hobby gives them a huge incentive to vote.

Amen to that.

icon124
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
i was i could take my money back from the blimp and donate it here....i def would if i could...i know that a lot of stoners would love to hear this lol

The Good Doctor
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Bait and switch you fucking sell outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how can you do that?

I had no problem with what you wanted before.

You fucked it up by having to put a big old bud up there.

Fuck you pussies. You are a bunch of bait and switch assholes.

Nearly every other day you put up a new poll.

Well fuck you. You missed the point. May you rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I am pro High Times. But you fucked it up royal with your ad.

PS FUCK YOU!

Goddamned assholes!

amonasro
12-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Good Doctor, the entire magazine is full of buds. How is one eensy-weensy frosty nug going to make a difference?

icon124
12-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Bait and switch you fucking sell outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how can you do that?

I had no problem with what you wanted before.

You fucked it up by having to put a big old bud up there.

Fuck you pussies. You are a bunch of bait and switch assholes.

Nearly every other day you put up a new poll.

Well fuck you. You missed the point. May you rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I am pro High Times. But you fucked it up royal with your ad.

PS FUCK YOU!

Goddamned assholes!

are u high right now?

The Good Doctor
12-13-2007, 12:08 AM
This is not the ad they wanted me to vote on earlier that was to go into High Times. There is no reason to put pot on ad promoting Ron Paul. That is my point.

Yes. A "frosty nug" will make a difference. That is NOT what the RP campaign is about.

It is one thing to say he is behind the freedom to do what people want to for their own bodies. But to flat out associate him with a big old bud is BS.

Sorry you guys can't handle the difference. It's a big difference.

I have read High Times, I have smoked in the past. This is not the way to represent Ron Paul.

Fucking stoners!

Good Doctor, the entire magazine is full of buds. How is one eensy-weensy frosty nug going to make a difference?

devil21
12-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Go on, tell us how you really feel. :rolleyes:

Who else is reading High Times but people that can appreciate a frosty nug? Your rant really doesn't make sense to me. Btw, if you didn't chip in then you can't bitch.

amonasro
12-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Yes. A "frosty nug" will make a difference. That is NOT what the RP campaign is about.

I respect your opinion, but mine is that Ron Paul doesn't see marijuana in a negative light. It is a medicine just as those pills are, nothing more, nothing less. When considering RP's entire message, it would be wrong to interpret marijuana as something negative, and High Times' readers surely would not.

fortilite
12-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Well Good Doctor, sorry you feel that way. PM me the name you donated under and I'll refund the money. We switched the ad because it got a better reader response, not to 'scam' you. Grow up.

James R
12-13-2007, 08:20 AM
* This is a magazine with a circulation of 206,000
* It is an audience receptive to Dr. Paul's positions
* The ad is highly targeted to the magazine's audience
* This is a full page, full color ad
* We can get great page placement

All of this for $3600. The problem is the deadline is Friday if we want to get it in the January issue (the only one in time for registration).

Here is the ChipIn:
http://ronpaulht.chipin.com/hightimes-full-page-ron-paul-ad

And here is a message board thread about it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51104

Help get this highly targeted ad in! This is our last chance for a targeted magazine ad for the primaries.

fortilite, please change this ad so that it is far more obvious it was paid for by the grassroots effort, not the official campaign.

fortilite
12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
We're sending the files today. This ad won the final poll. Sorry, but every version of the ad someone requests changes. This could go on for weeks if we honor them all. Thank you for your feedback, but the ad will go on.

Melissa
12-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Ignore the haters I had a friend over that does not Have a computer but he does read high times and showed him all the adds and he loved the one you are going with so it will be fine. I am really tired of the told u so and the bitching why can't people that just dont agree with an idea stay away from it. My goodness bunch of people that may preach Ron Paul's message of freedom but when it comes time to actually put it in practice -some dont like it -Well I say go do something you like to do and leave others be -freedom means freedom for everyone and ideas not just the ones that a few people like -that would be huckster supporters

1913_to_2008
12-13-2007, 08:32 AM
High Times is a perfect targeted ad.

Melissa
12-13-2007, 08:34 AM
High Times is a perfect targeted ad.

Yes they dont get that part I think-This is a whole group that will vote for him on just this one little issue

OferNave
12-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Edit/Delete Message

Yes, I responded to that comment in the other thread - I said finish the Fur/Fish/Game one, then head over here and donate to High Times, and I linked to this thread. I've donate to both so far. :)

OferNave
12-13-2007, 09:04 AM
BTW-As I recommended in the fur/fish/game thread, I think regular updates with the current fundraising status is helpful - and doubles as a bump. :)

fortilite
12-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Well we are at 80%! I posted about it on Craigslist and got a lot of donations last night!