PDA

View Full Version : Outside the debate...

Lacrosseus
12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone there or see any coverage?

Was there a large group of Ron Paul supporters like at the last debate in Florida?

Did Dr. Paul have a post debate rally?

I am still a bit puzzled as to why there was so much focus on the constitution and 'support' for Dr. Paul's message by the other candidates.

If the other's in the race believe the polls, Ron Paul is not a threat.

I have to wonder if they are driving around Iowa and seeing way too many Ron Paul signs and supporters for their own comfort.

I recall the exchange between Dr. Paul and Rudy G. after the last debate about the large number of supporters... did it happen again?

Carole
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I believe it is a common tactic to use. You recognize that a candidate is making points with something, then hijack the point of view in such a way as to make it appear to be your own. Or something to that effect. Defending the Constitution is popular, sounds patriotic when they use the idea. Only thing is they mention it only in passing, like windowdressing.

It then diffuses or ceases to be so effective when the original candidate, Dr. Paul, in this case, speaks about it. I suppose it is especially helpful if you can mention it before Dr. Paul gets the opportunity to do so. Difference is that Dr. Paul builds everything around it, his entire political philosophy, he lives it, but the audience does not know this.

Too bad they did not get to introduce themselves before the debate, instead of being introduced. "Hello, I am Congressman/Dr. Ron Paul and I am the Champion of the Constitution."