PDA

View Full Version : Progressives Still Baffled that Trump Supporters Dislike GOP

AuH20
07-18-2018, 12:28 PM
They still don't know why he got elected.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/trump-supporters-relish-president-freaking-party-russia-love-exposes/

In the wake of President Donald Trump’s widely criticized joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the U.K.’s Channel 4 News traveled to Michigan to see how the president’s supporters were reacting to the news.

Unsurprisingly, they discovered that Trump supporters love him more than ever after he drew widespread rebukes from even his fellow Republicans after he refused to say whether he found his own intelligence agencies more credible than Putin.

“Those are ‘Never-Trumpers'” replied one woman when pressed about criticisms Trump is receiving from his own party. “And you know, we love when Trump is Trump because it exposes them, and we love that, we love seeing it.”

“We can focus on what Trump says during a press conference, or we can focus on what he actually does,” insisted a male Trump supporter. “And he’s put people back to work — record-low unemployment for Hispanics… look at what he does, it speaks to Middle America. The Swamp may not like it, but that’s why they’re screaming pretty loud.”

acptulsa
07-18-2018, 12:45 PM
That's not the original headline of that piece over at rawstory. Nothing in the article suggests that anyone is having difficulty wrapping their heads around the fact that most DJTveg vegetables are more anti-Establishment than partisan. So where did you get the headline?

Does this just reflect your own prejudice that progs are slow on the uptake? Or is this a conscious effort to drive wedges between conservative anti-Establishment types and liberal potential #WalkAwayCampaign people?

AuH20
07-18-2018, 12:54 PM
That's not the original headline of that piece over at rawstory. Nothing in the article suggests that anyone is having difficulty wrapping their heads around the fact that most DJTveg vegetables are more anti-Establishment than partisan. So where did you get the headline?

Does this just reflect your own prejudice that progs are slow on the uptake? Or is this a conscious effort to drive wedges between conservative anti-Establishment types and liberal potential #WalkAwayCampaign people?

Progs seem mystified that a large portion of Trump supporters hate the GOP leadership core because they themselves seem to rally around their entrenched party machinery more. They have no misgivings about aligning themselves with the worst of their party.

acptulsa
07-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Progs seem mystified that a large portion of Trump supporters hate the GOP leadership core because they themselves seem to rally around their entrenched party machinery more. They have no misgivings about aligning themselves with the worst of their party.

What progs seem mystified? The ones you know? That can't be--you clearly avoid them as though they are diseased with something contagious. The ones you see online? How do you know the ones you read aren't trolls? The liberal media? Do you still believe the stuff that comes out of liberal talking heads' mouths?

What evidence do you have, that you put that headline over an unrelated story? What progs are you talking about? And when you talk about people having 'no misgivings about aligning themselves with the worst of their party,' who are you talking about? All progs? Some progs? Which progs?

Swordsmyth
07-18-2018, 02:18 PM

What progs seem mystified? The ones you know? That can't be--you clearly avoid them as though they are diseased with something contagious. The ones you see online? How do you know the ones you read aren't trolls? The liberal media? Do you still believe the stuff that comes out of liberal talking heads' mouths?

What evidence do you have, that you put that headline over an unrelated story? What progs are you talking about? And when you talk about people having 'no misgivings about aligning themselves with the worst of their party,' who are you talking about? All progs? Some progs? Which progs?

Progs are the worst of their side of the aisle, they aren't potential #walkaway participants, they are what potential ex-leftists would be walking away from.

dannno
07-18-2018, 03:52 PM

Ya sorry but you are really out to lunch on this one.

Show me the articles by progressives talking about how Hillary stole the election from Bernie Sanders and thanking Russia for shining a light in that dark corner....

Nope, they are all screaming "Russia!! Russia!!" because they want to impeach Trump. They don't care that the DNC stole the election from Bernie, and that is a worse offense than Russia releasing the emails that showed such. I mean, the Democrats really should be thanking Russia if they think they are the ones who hacked the emails (we all know it was Seth Rich).

acptulsa
07-18-2018, 04:09 PM

And you've been out to lunch for at least a decade.

What part of that article above has anything to do with the headline GoldHydrogenTwenty made up for it?

dannno
07-18-2018, 04:36 PM
And you've been out to lunch for at least a decade.

What part of that article above has anything to do with the headline GoldHydrogenTwenty made up for it?

I hear that bullshit almost every day from progressives... "your Republican friends (McCain et al) even think that Trump blah blah diahrea"

Mordan
07-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Show me the articles by progressives talking about how Hillary stole the election from Bernie Sanders and thanking Russia for shining a light in that dark corner....

Nope, they are all screaming "Russia!! Russia!!" because they want to impeach Trump. They don't care that the DNC stole the election from Bernie, and that is a worse offense than Russia releasing the emails that showed such. I mean, the Democrats really should be thanking Russia if they think they are the ones who hacked the emails (we all know it was Seth Rich).

+1

phill4paul
07-18-2018, 04:39 PM

^^^That^^^ is the sound of dynamite going BOOOOOM!

I've yet to get a prog to rebut this. I've been saying this, this morning and evening. Crickets.

TheCount
07-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Show me the articles by progressives talking about how Hillary stole the election

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clinton+stole+primary

dannno
07-18-2018, 04:48 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clinton+stole+primary

Uh, ya, notice they are all from November 2017 and all the progs seem to have forgotten about it.

acptulsa
07-18-2018, 04:48 PM
I hear that bull$#@! almost every day from progressives... "your Republican friends (McCain et al) even think that Trump blah blah diahrea"

What does that have to do with the article cited and linked in the OP?

And if you don't like being lumped in with the general population of Republicans, why would you do the same exact thing to Democrats?

Mordan
07-18-2018, 04:50 PM
Uh, ya, notice they are all from November 2017 and all the progs seem to have forgotten about it.

shhhhh.. Russia stole the election!!! Trump is a traitor!! Trump is a loser

What a sad bunch of **** sapienses

Aratus
07-18-2018, 04:50 PM
The LEFT WING of the Democratic Party is more than toying with the idea of impeachment. (fact)

Donald Trump has a hard core of supporters who tend to despise or distrust the GOP regulars. (fact)

Bernie and Hillary agreed on nearly all the issues but diverged on what to do about things. (opinion)

Dissent needs an arena, an area to voice discontents. Think of the American Revolution!!! (opinion)

If the Walk-Away impulse becomes a phenomenon and then a movement, a coalition builds. (inference)

Let's try to be polite, nice, inviting, gracious, erudite, clever, resourceful and receptive again! (plee)

There are elections in the fall, and people out campaigning. All are bellwethers for 2020!!! (statement)

dannno
07-18-2018, 04:58 PM

And if you don't like being lumped in with the general population of Republicans, why would you do the same exact thing to Democrats?

I don't do the same thing to Democrats. I used to support the green party a couple decades ago, I've never in my life supported any Democrat. I find out if they supported Obama/Hillary and if they have TDS they should be lumped in with them.. but it is REALLY hard to come by Democrats who are anti-establishment these days. NPR and all the other BS leftist drivel comes straight from Wapo/CNN/NYT

acptulsa
07-18-2018, 05:01 PM
I don't do the same thing to Democrats. I used to support the green party a couple decades ago, I've never in my life supported any Democrat. I find out if they supported Obama/Hillary and if they have TDS they should be lumped in with them.. but it is REALLY hard to come by Democrats who are anti-establishment these days. NPR and all the other BS leftist drivel comes straight from Wapo/CNN/NYT

That's all right. You can get back to me on what any of this has to do with the fact that this thread title has nothing to do with the article cited in the OP. I can wait until you get back from lunch, if you think you might within the next decade.

oyarde
07-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Progs have difficulties with so many things . Math being one .

dannno
07-18-2018, 05:08 PM
That's all right. You can get back to me on what any of this has to do with the fact that this thread title has nothing to do with the article cited in the OP. I can wait until you get back from lunch, if you think you might within the next decade.

The thread title may contain some editorializing but it is accurate and the content posted certainly does not contradict it.

Swordsmyth
07-18-2018, 05:11 PM

Progressives =/= Democrats, progressives are the worst part of the democrats, there are even Republican progressives.

thoughtomator
07-18-2018, 05:22 PM

They have no core principles and no way to understand people who do.