PDA

View Full Version : Of course Huckabee wins with the 21. Who else?

SonicInfinity
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Seriously, this is pathetic.

devil21
12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Just wondering how one of the 21 "undecided" Republicans can blatently say "Im a Huckabee guy" during his interview? Jeez...

SonicInfinity
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Just wondering how one of the 21 "undecided" Republicans can blatently say "Im a Huckabee guy" during his interview? Jeez...

I know, what the hell.

i2ambler
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Does anyone else really wonder how Huckabee suddenly went from nobody to on the 'short list' in a matter of days? Seriously, within days of (what??) he is everywhere in the news, papers, etc. Its mind boggling, really. It cant just be a chuck norris advert that suddenly the media want to vault him into the spotlight. Im really confused by that. I also wonder why virtually nobody brings up what a freaking lunatic this guy is. This all sounds very manufactured to me. Ive seen some info on this The foxnews.com piece on todays debate does not even MENTION Ron. NPR doesnt mention him in their talk of the debate.. I find it very disturbing, to be honest, that the media would decide who the 'top tier' candidates are. Its obvious the more media time that a candidate gets, the more persons out in the world would hear of that candidate, thus placing that candidate higher in polls.

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Does anyone else really wonder how Huckabee suddenly went from nobody to on the 'short list' in a matter of days? Seriously, within days of (what??) he is everywhere in the news, papers, etc. Its mind boggling, really. It cant just be a chuck norris advert that suddenly the media want to vault him into the spotlight. Im really confused by that. I also wonder why virtually nobody brings up what a freaking lunatic this guy is. This all sounds very manufactured to me. Ive seen some info on this The foxnews.com piece on todays debate does not even MENTION Ron. NPR doesnt mention him in their talk of the debate.. I find it very disturbing, to be honest, that the media would decide who the 'top tier' candidates are. Its obvious the more media time that a candidate gets, the more persons out in the world would hear of that candidate, thus placing that candidate higher in polls.
Yep, that's the way it works :(

Welcome to the forums.

Richandler
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Christian sheep. It's as simple as that. If you ever wonder why atheist end up in arguments with Christians it's typically because of the type of people like Huckabee supporters making blind faith decisions which affect everyone. I'm not bashing here but I believe blind faith is highly unethical and is the reason for so many problems in the world.

Green Mountain Boy
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Christian sheep. It's as simple as that. If you ever wonder why atheist end up in arguments with Christians it's typically because of the type of people like Huckabee supporters making blind faith decisions which affect everyone. I'm not bashing here but I believe blind faith is highly unethical and is the reason for so many problems in the world.

I don't think it has to do with faith. It has to do with ignorance.

Aldanga
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
+1

Mahkato
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Huckabee has packaged himself as a Christian but his record shows otherwise. Most people don't pay much attention to the record. Soundbite trumps sound policy, sadly.

One side of the MSM (CNN, etc.) wants Huck to win the nomination so that Hillary or Obama can trounce him easily. The other side of the MSM (Fox, etc.) wants Huck to win so that Hillary or Obama can trounce him easily so that they can continue to get good ratings for the next four years. They'll go bankrupt if there's an actual conservative in the White House! :)

bbachtung
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Most people make up their minds in the last week before the caucuses. Only die-hard supporters show up for the caucuses. RP has the die-hardiest supporters, including many first-time voters. Take all of your neighbors to caucus for RP on January 3rd. They do the presidential poll at the very beginning of the caucus so that the media can hear about it ASAP.

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree. It's complete ignorance of the issues and only concentration of style and image. It's completely backwards.

Wickwire
12-12-2007, 03:53 PM

I am a Christian with many Christian and non-Christian friends, and I have to say that 95% of the time your "sheep" comment is dead-on. Yesterday a Christian friend of ours sent my wife, and a list of others, a video link saying, "If you haven't heard about this guy, he's AWESOME!"

It was a link to a YouTube video where Huckabee answered the question of creationism vs evolution during one of the debates. Granted, he gave a great response, but to say, "That's it, he's my guy!" based only on that video and the fact that it supported your religious beliefs is CRAZY. That, unfortunately, is the reality that the Ron Paul campaign and we as supporters are up against. Huckabee's supporters truly are sheep.

evadmurd
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't think it has to do with faith. It has to do with ignorance.

Exactly.

shane2
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I find it very disturbing, to be honest, that the media would decide who the 'top tier' candidates are.Welcome aboard, and to the real world of 'fair' politics in America.
Its obvious the more media time that a candidate gets, the more persons out in the world would hear of that candidate, thus placing that candidate higher in polls.That's why it is so essential that we do here all that we do, to overcome that unfair bias. There's too much at stake just to whine about it, which I know you are not. These establishment king-makers (media & TPTB) are whom we are fighting here as it's clear that if Paul's positions were well known to all Americans they would eagerly embrace him overwhelmingly.

But, too, many Americans, because of this media bias and poll rankings, also fail to give Ron Paul their support, even when they do discover some things they like, because they think him unelectable. If you can't convince them otherwise, here's what I tell them:

"Win or lose, I'll be supporting Ron Paul and his message vigorously for as long as his star burns brightly illuminating the masses to the loss of their Constitutional freedoms and liberties. When it comes time to take this country back, whether he had won or not, we'll have a lot more fellow patriots then standing shoulder-to-shoulder with us because of him and this historic campaign awakening them."

- Shane

i2ambler
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I am a Christian with many Christian and non-Christian friends, and I have to say that 95% of the time your "sheep" comment is dead-on. Yesterday a Christian friend of ours sent my wife, and a list of others, a video link saying, "If you haven't heard about this guy, he's AWESOME!"

It was a link to a YouTube video where Huckabee answered the question of creationism vs evolution during one of the debates. Granted, he gave a great response, but to say, "That's it, he's my guy!" based only on that video and the fact that it supported your religious beliefs is CRAZY. That, unfortunately, is the reality that the Ron Paul campaign and we as supporters are up against. Huckabee's supporters truly are sheep.

I think it is indeed ignorance, and sometimes aggressive ignorance and intolerance. My view of many "born again" Christians went in the toilet many years ago when I was on a mountain bike trip. I was out riding, and got a little lost when i stumbled upon 2 guys taking a break. I asked a few questions about where the trails went, etc. So the one guy offered to guide. Great, i thought! So we ride for a while and then stop to take a break next to a little pond. Then the one guy asks me "Where do you think you go when you die?" I dont know about you, but that freaked me out a little.. but jokingly I say "Not in that pond, right?" He says "no really, where do you go when you die?" On with the "Dont you want to accept Jesus Christ into your heart as your lord and savoiur". I politely say that I dont want to discuss religion at this point, and that I wanted a relaxing weekend with biking. He retorts with "So get lost then., buddy" of course I respond with "Very christian of you"

Unfortunately Christians have been pushing Christianity on unwitting victims since the crusades twisting it into something that it was never meant to be. For Huckabee to mention a degree in theology as if it would be beneficial to being president is sickening. The fact that he is a bona fide religious nut should get him tossed out of the running, but no. He is every evangelical's wet dream and the rest of the world's nightmare. As president, I get visions of Charlie Sheen in the Dead Zone, pressing the red button and saying "Its my destiny, lord here i come" If he makes it past the primaries - Canada, here I come.

Bossobass
12-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Manufactured it is indeed.

I second the welcome to the forum.

Don't get mad, get even. Spread the word. Let us all know what works. Tune in to other's comments about what works for them. And, most importantly, D-O-N-A-T-E on December 16, 2007. It's the biggest banana you can shove up the fixed election media's fat rump.

Bosso

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Seriously, this is pathetic.

It doesn't make any sense. Romney won by all the focus group members on fox, yet Huckabee wins according to all the members of cnn's focus group? You'd at least think you'd see a few votes for huckabee/romney on both networks lol that's not the case

CNN: They all say Huckabee won

FOX: They all say Romney won

How is that possible?

CurtisLow
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM

This is why...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruSqkSAdWUw

Now he knows thanks to this jerk..

did you know that the Lt. gov at the time when Huck was Gov. of arkansas was a family member of the Rockefeller family.

azminuteman
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM

I believe it's the MSM doing it because he's an easy defeat for the Democrats.
The MSM can control the Democrats easier than the GOP.
The Democrats can be bought, even Obama.

Gimme Some Truth
12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
According to some "expert" on Hardball the reason Huckabee is rising is because "they like his smile and his jokes"

yea... :S

yongrel
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
It doesn't make any sense. Romney won by all the focus group members on fox, yet Huckabee wins according to all the members of cnn's focus group? You'd at least think you'd see a few votes for huckabee/romney on both networks lol that's not the case

CNN: They all say Huckabee won

FOX: They all say Romney won

How is that possible?

Easy.

CNN wants Huckabee to win the nomination, because he's by far the easiest candidate (after Tancredo) for the Democrats to defeat.

Fox News is pimping Romney, because, well, you know why. They're Fox News.

freedom-maniac
12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I like his smile and jokes too, and his intelligence of the issues is second only to Paul's. However, he's done nothing different recently than he has been since the beginning of the season. No doubt the CNN youtube debate was a smash hit for him (though in all fairness, most of the stuff he got applause for was the same stuff R.P. would say).

I watched R.P. on CNN for an interview after the debate. Wolf showed all the negative statistics of how the 21 people with buttons "didn't" like what he said, and then asked if he would run as an Independent. Not to mention they showed polls with Ron ahead of only Hunter in Iowa, ignoring the poll a few days ago that shows him at third.

CNN's trying to discredit Ron. Why would they be supporting Huckabee? Simple, he's a closet progressive.

No1ButPaul08
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
People are really underestimating the power of a Ric Flair endorsement

Woooooooooo

Theocrat
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM

We need to keep in mind that some of these "Christian sheep" are hardcore supporters of Congressman Paul, like myself. Not every Christian shares the same political philosophy as Mike Huckabee. In fact, as a Christian, I detest Mike Huckabee's political platform on a number of issues, such as fiscal and monetary policy, civil liberties, and his lack of knowledge on the concept of Constitutional, limited government. I will go so far as to say that Mike Huckabee does not promote government taught in the Holy Scriptures and expounded by our Founding Fathers.

One note, in passing, I have is that some supporters here who do not have faith in God frequently make the claim or insinuation that religion in politics is detrimental to our Republic as well as this "Ron Paul Revolution" of ours. This illustrates the ignorance of those who would speak out against religion mixing with politics because all one has to do is read the writings of our Founders, and that person would conclude that religion (Christian theology and thought) played a significant part in our nation's history (starting with the Puritans in the 17th Century). My suggestion to those fellow Ron Paul supporters is to do some homework before you decide to bash religion in the civil realm of government, because, quite simply, America was not founded as a secular nation.

AlexMerced
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't think they want huck to win, but his crazyness makes for good television

xexkxex
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
People are really underestimating the power of a Ric Flair endorsement

Woooooooooo

:D

Don't forget about The Ultimate Warrior's endorsement!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Da75iKju4

:D

AlexMerced
12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
We need to keep in mind that some of these "Christian sheep" are hardcore supporters of Congressman Paul, like myself. Not every Christian shares the same political philosophy as Mike Huckabee. In fact, as a Christian, I detest Mike Huckabee's political platform on a number of issues, such as fiscal and monetary policy, civil liberties, and his lack of knowledge on the concept of Constitutional, limited government. I will go so far as to say that Mike Huckabee does not promote government taught in the Holy Scriptures and expounded by our Founding Fathers.

One note, in passing, I have is that some supporters here who do not have faith in God frequently make the claim or insinuation that religion in politics is detrimental to our Republic as well as this "Ron Paul Revolution" of ours. This illustrates the ignorance of those who would speak out against religion mixing with politics because all one has to do is read the writings of our Founders, and that person would conclude that religion (Christian theology and thought) played a significant part in our nation's history (starting with the Puritans in the 17th Century). My suggestion to those fellow Ron Paul supporters is to do some homework before you decide to bash religion in the civil realm of government, because, quite simply, America was not founded as a secular nation.

I agree, it's not religon that makes people into sheep, it's a bad education

like there's a lot of religous people on this board, most them are here cause they're educated

Ideaology is only as dangerous as the ignorance of the beholders