PDA

View Full Version : CNN Op Ed: Trump is No Longer Leader of the Free World

AuH20
07-17-2018, 08:24 AM
What is this 'free' they speak of?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/opinions/trump-helsinki-no-longer-free-world-leader-avlon/index.html

Trump took the unprecedented step of taking the word of an autocratic leader of a hostile foreign power over his own Director of National Intelligence, stating that he did not see "any reason why it would be" Russia who hacked the DNC servers. This was music to Putin's ears, who grinned like a cat digesting a canary, while stating, "we have to be guided by facts and not by rumors."

The most innocent explanation for Trump's determined outbursts -- and his disconnect from broader bipartisan American policy interests -- is that he has isolationist instincts and admires authoritarian leaders. But that marks something much more dangerous than simply a disruption of the status quo.

Some might ask whether Trump's imagined new world order really represents a threat to American values. Only if you believe in individual rights, civil liberties and the strength of multi-lateral liberal democratic coalitions as a bulwark against ethno-nationalist autocracy.

nobody's_hero
07-17-2018, 09:03 AM
CNN fuming because they can't get enough people to believe that Hillary Clinton wasn't responsible for her own demise.

CaptUSA
07-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Man, they are really jumping the shark with this. I'll make 2 predictions:

Trump ends up with a bounce in support (after a possible temporary slip)
There will be some sort of international "incident" - it seems to me like the world intelligence agencies have too much to gain and too little risk in this climate. And the media will use this kerfuffle as the most important factor that caused it.

phill4paul
07-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Well, good. The POTUS isn't supposed to be leader of the world. "Free" or otherwise.

pcosmar
07-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Well, good. The POTUS isn't supposed to be leader of the world. "Free" or otherwise.

my first thought..

He is supposed to be a powerless figurehead Representative of Free People.

Swordsmyth
07-17-2018, 02:18 PM
America is weary of carrying the world empire on its shoulders, it is long past time we set it down and let it rot.

Madison320
07-17-2018, 03:21 PM
What is this 'free' they speak of?

"Only if you believe in individual rights..."

LOL! Since when does CNN believe in individual rights?

CNN is obnoxious. As I've said many times the media's incredibly obvious hatred of Trump and love for Democrats is creating Trump supporters out of thin air.

oyarde
07-17-2018, 04:14 PM
LOL! Since when does CNN believe in individual rights?

CNN is obnoxious. As I've said many times the media's incredibly obvious hatred of Trump and love for Democrats is creating Trump supporters out of thin air.

They probably have less real viewers than a Simpsons rerun.

Anti Globalist
07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
CNN just mad because they're girl Hillary lost

timosman
07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
America is weary of carrying the world empire on its shoulders, it is long past time we set it down and let it rot.

The economy will crumble.

Swordsmyth
07-17-2018, 04:29 PM
The economy will crumble.
Maybe.
It'll be worse if we don't.

hard@work
07-17-2018, 05:56 PM
I logged in just to laugh and point out that nerds on Youtube streaming video games get more viewers than CNN.

Aratus
07-17-2018, 06:01 PM
I logged in just to laugh and point out that nerds on Youtube streaming video games get more viewers than CNN.

People like checking out how playable the new games are.
It's a rather neat & cool cottage industry on the Internet!!!