PDA

View Full Version : President Trump pardons Oregon cattle ranchers

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Reason 76 that I am glad Trump beat Hillary.

It's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Hillary Clinton is not in charge of the law in our country

Trump pardons ranchers whose arrests led to armed occupation of wildlife refuge
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/10/trump-pardons-ranchers-whose-arrests-led-to-armed-occupation-wildlife-refuge.html

President Trump pardons Oregon cattle ranchers whose case inspired takeover of wildlife refuge
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/10/donald-trump-pardons-dwight-hammond-steven-hammond-arson-case/771054002/?csp=chromepush

PursuePeace
07-10-2018, 10:08 AM
oh wow! That is GREAT NEWS!!

Valli6
07-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Wow - what shitily written stories, though!
Imprisoned for "arson" instead of necessary and controlled maintenance of land. And doesn't mention that the prison sentences they received, were written for terrorists!

Anti Federalist
07-10-2018, 10:51 AM
OK...that tips the case.

Unless he does something extraordinarily stupid, I will vote Trump 2020.

PursuePeace
07-10-2018, 10:54 AM
There needs to be a thorough investigation into all of the corruption.... how likely is that?
I'm not holding my breath.

But I am very happy that the Hammonds are at the very least, heading home and have been pardoned. About time.
This is a good first step, praying for momentum.

jllundqu
07-10-2018, 10:56 AM
That was..... unexpected. Welcome, to be sure.... but unexpected.

dannno
07-10-2018, 10:59 AM
That was..... unexpected. Welcome, to be sure.... but unexpected.

For you maybe..

https://atmedia.imgix.net/75202e2726f5c504131816645b34930d56ce7404?auto=form at&q=45&w=640.0&h=430.0&fit=max&cs=strip

EBounding
07-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Admittedly surprising. Great news!

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 11:05 AM
OK...that tips the case.

Regardless of what some complainers say, Trump is not a neocon and he is not a typical establishment politician. We have a president that is outside of the box big time. I wish Trump were more libertarian and I wish he cared more about the constitution, but still he already one of the better presidents of the last 50 years.

The Marxist agenda is being destroyed and that makes me happy.

dannno
07-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Admittedly surprising. Great news!

Why is it surprising that a guy who constantly decries fake news media and becomes President pardons people who were tried and convicted by the fake news media?

When I said he should pick Ammon Bundy for Sec. of Interior, I wasn't joking..

PursuePeace
07-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Surprising to me because we rarely get good news like this.

Champ
07-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Can't see how this is anything but a positive thing. Awesome news for the ranchers and for domestic sovereignty.

Matt Collins
07-10-2018, 11:50 AM
This is something Trump has done right.

FSP-Rebel
07-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Waiting for the zippy spin machine to show up.

AuH20
07-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Hell Yea. Trump.

AuH20
07-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Regardless of what some complainers say, Trump is not a neocon and he is not a typical establishment politician. We have a president that is outside of the box big time. I wish Trump were more libertarian and I wish he cared more about the constitution, but still he already one of the better presidents of the last 50 years.

The Marxist agenda is being destroyed and that makes me happy.

Trump is not a neocon, but he must operate within the parameters defined by the Bush cabal, who exclusively fund and run the GOP. Maybe one day, he will completely break free from their clutches. It's possible and the signs are there.

Danke
07-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Waiting for the zippy spin machine to show up.

Count on them.

oyarde
07-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Great job Trump !

AuH20
07-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Ender
07-10-2018, 01:06 PM
This is something Trump has done right.

Agree.

shakey1
07-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Good.

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Trump is not a neocon, but he must operate within the parameters defined by the Bush cabal, who exclusively fund and run the GOP. Maybe one day, he will completely break free from their clutches. It's possible and the signs are there.

I disagree. I think the Bush cabal has lost control. It seems quite obvious to me.

AuH20
07-10-2018, 01:18 PM
I disagree. I think the Bush cabal has lost control. It seems quite obvious to me.

They have all their people in his cabinet and key positions though. It's obvious that there is some agreement in place. With that said, the Bushes have no tangible political constituency in terms of an actual voting base.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Outstanding! H/T to Trump.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 02:09 PM
God, this is just chapping some liberal ass today. Lol, first the Budy's win in court and now the Hammonds are released. Keep your liberal ass and politics in your fucking cities. You can have them. The people that live in the wide expanse live differently than you do and want nothing to do with you. LMAO.

dude58677
07-10-2018, 02:21 PM
LOL, the reaction at Quatloos. This website us run by an attorney by the name of Jay Adkisson. He attacks anyone who questions the IRS or anyone part of the sovereign/freedom movement.

https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9958&start=740

Jamesiv1
07-10-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm starting to get tired of so much winning.

oyarde
07-10-2018, 02:43 PM
I'm starting to get tired of so much winning.

I never get tired of winning , might be why I am Great Sagamore .

pcosmar
07-10-2018, 02:51 PM
God, this is just chapping some liberal ass today. Lol, first the Budy's win in court and now the Hammonds are released. Keep your liberal ass and politics in your $#@!ing cities. You can have them. The people that live in the wide expanse live differently than you do and want nothing to do with you. LMAO.

Did a quick scan of headlines..

Apoplectic seems the response overall.

I'm pleased,,, and would like to see more men free. and some indicted.

Valli6
07-10-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm waiting to hear about investigations regarding Lavoy Finicum's murder, the long persecution of the Bundy's... and what-the-hell was that whole killing and mass-arrest of Waco bikers? All seemed government orchestrated. I guess that can't happen till Trump gets beyond the "Russia" bullshit.

devil21
07-10-2018, 03:11 PM
OK...that tips the case.

Seriously? Damn, you're easy to pacify AF.

Trump always does something relatively minor like this right after he does some really terrible, like nominate an uber swamp dweller to SCOTUS.

Their sentence had already been reduced down to the minimum sentence allowed by statute. He knocked a few months off of jail times. It's not like he commuted life sentences.

Huh? Kavanaugh is in mega-tight with the Bush cabal. Are you paying attention??

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2018/07/05/gettyimages-51383827-1bdd27ee832206c9aa09fac09f6ceef3554cba6e-s800-c85.jpg

Kavanaugh's wife Ashley was GWB's personal secretary ffs!

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/gettyimages-71101379.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=1024

Ashley Estes Kavanaugh worked for George W. Bush for a long time, even before she and Brett were married. They worked in the White House at the same time, from 2001 to 2005 while she was Bush’s personal secretary. But her time with Bush goes back even longer than that. From 1996 to 1999, while Bush was Governor of Texas, she was his personal assistant. She was also the personal assistant for the Bush-Cheney Presidential Campaign from 1996 to 2000. The Bushes even attended the Kavanaughs’ wedding in 2004.

Ya know, I get that not everyone has as much time to invest in nerding out on this stuff as I do but dang, do just a little cursory research.

Jamesiv1
07-10-2018, 03:13 PM
I never get tired of winning , might be why I am Great Sagamore .
I just need a little nap and I will be ready for more.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 03:20 PM
I'm waiting to hear about investigations regarding Lavoy Finicum's murder, the long persecution of the Bundy's... and what-the-hell was that whole killing and mass-arrest of Waco bikers? All seemed government orchestrated. I guess that can't happen till Trump gets beyond the "Russia" bullshit.

FBI agent Astarita will go to trial this Fall I believe. The judge is deciding which evidence will be allowed at this time. So far he has been prejudicial towards Astarita. The Bundy's won't be retried unless the government appeals to a higher court. As far as WACO I haven't really kept up on it. Many of the bikers had their cases dismissed. Though I've read some of the ethics violations that prosecutors have been involved in.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Trump always does something relatively minor like this right after he does some really terrible, like nominate an uber swamp dweller to SCOTUS.

Their sentence had already been reduced down to the minimum sentence allowed by statute. He knocked a few months off of jail times. It's not like he commuted life sentences.

With them in jail their ranch has fallen on hard times. They are in jeapordy of losing it as the Feds have denied them grazing rights as a way to get back at them. They served their original time and paid $400k in restitution for acts that held conflicting viewpoints. They were convicted under "Anti-terrorism" laws for Christ sakes! I'm sure "a few months" may not matter much for you, but for them and their family I'm sure it is a big deal.

devil21
07-10-2018, 03:32 PM
With them in jail their ranch has fallen on hard times. They are in jeapordy of losing it as the Feds have denied them grazing rights as a way to get back at them. They served their original time and paid $400k in restitution for acts that held conflicting viewpoints. They were convicted under "Anti-terrorism" laws for Christ sakes! I'm sure "a few months" may not matter much for you, but for them and their family I'm sure it is a big deal.

It's great for them, yay. It's nothing compared to appointing another Bushie to SCOTUS that, if confirmed, will affect us all for the next 35 years!!!!

Hell, sounds like Trump could nuke Iran but as long as he calls the dogs off the Bundys he's golden with some people.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 03:39 PM
It's great for them, yay. It's nothing compared to appointing another Bushie to SCOTUS that, if confirmed, will affect us all for the next 35 years!!!!

Hell, sounds like Trump could nuke Iran but as long as he calls the dogs off the Bundys he's golden with some people.

Christ, you sound as bad as a progressive. I don't like his SCOTUS pick either, but I'm damn sure not going to bristle into every thread about it. There are other threads about SCOTUS. Go cry their.

devil21
07-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Christ, you sound as bad as a progressive. I don't like his SCOTUS pick either, but I'm damn sure not going to bristle into every thread about it. There are other threads about SCOTUS. Go cry their.

So you don't realize when you're being manipulated by a token gesture that means nothing and is meant to distract you from the giant dicking you're about to take. Got it.

It's hard to believe now that at one point most of y'all seemed to be waking up. After all this time, still stuck under the weight of labels and parties and shiny things.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 03:54 PM
So you don't realize when you're being manipulated by a token gesture that means nothing and is meant to distract you from the giant dicking you're about to take. Got it.

It's hard to believe now that at one point most of y'all seemed to be waking up. After all this time, still stuck under the weight of labels and parties and shiny things.

Has Kavanaugh been confirmed yet? No. Have the Hammonds been released? Yes. THAT is what this thread is about. I'm about as woke as it get's fancy pants, and probably have been longer than you have. So you can stop with that bullshit. And your thread jacking.

devil21
07-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Has Kavanaugh been confirmed yet? No. Have the Hammonds been released? Yes. THAT is what this thread is about.

So you'll bump this thread when he's confirmed, yes? I'll hold my breath.

I'm about as woke as it get's fancy pants, and probably have been longer than you have.

Clearly not. "Progressives". Blaming people as easily manipulated as you are is not being "woke" and falling for emotional triggers like obviously timed announcements regarding people you've never met and never even heard about until the media told you they existed.

So you can stop with that bullshit.

Pointing out the obvious political manipulation in action is not thread jacking.

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Has Kavanaugh been confirmed yet? No. Have the Hammonds been released? Yes. THAT is what this thread is about. I'm about as woke as it get's fancy pants, and probably have been longer than you have. So you can stop with that bull$#@!. And your thread jacking.

^^^THIS^^^

Even Kavanaugh is better than the judges Hitlery or whoever else the Demoncrats run in 2020 will appoint, I still want him to not be confirmed and replaced with Lee but perfectionism will only lead to failure, Rome wasn't built in a day.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 04:19 PM
So you'll bump this thread when he's confirmed, yes? I'll hold my breath.

Clearly not. "Progressives". Blaming people as easily manipulated as you are is not being "woke" and falling for emotional triggers like obviously timed announcements regarding people you've never met and never even heard about until the media told you they existed.

Pointing out the obvious political manipulation in action is not thread jacking.

I said you were acting like a progressive. And you are.

devil21
07-10-2018, 04:20 PM
^^^THIS^^^

Even Kavanaugh is better than the judges Hitlery or whoever else the Demoncrats run in 2020 will appoint, I still want him to not be confirmed and replaced with Lee but perfectionism will only lead to failure, Rome wasn't built in a day.

And of course here comes sWordsmyth with the obligatory "but but but Hillary!" line. (The Rome line is noted btw)

https://********************************/2018/06/george-hw-bush-bill-clinton-socks.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Now, cue dannno in 3....2.....1.....

I said you were acting like a progressive. And you are.

How's that? Because I'm not on the Trump wagon of dumbasses? I remember a time when you, and many other posters here weren't buying the false left/right charade. What happened Phil?

Ender
07-10-2018, 04:23 PM

I am truly glad for the Hammonds. This whole thing, along with the Bundy's, was some of the most anti-liberty crap I have ever seen.

That said- I still think Trump is an imposter- if he was truly not big state, he would not be putting the noose around Iran again. He'd be pulling the military out Korea & the ME & stopping unconstitutional wars- PLUS his pick for SCOTUS would not be another neocon.

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 04:23 PM
And of course here comes sWordsmyth with the obligatory "but but but Hillary!" line.

https://********************************/2018/06/george-hw-bush-bill-clinton-socks.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Now, cue dannno in 3....2.....1.....

Can you disprove the logic?

If you could you would have.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 04:25 PM
How's that? Because I'm not on the Trump wagon of dumbasses? I remember a time when you, and many other posters here weren't buying the false left/right charade. What happened Phil?

I gave a hat tip to Trump for pardoning the Hammonds. Fucking crucify me on a pyre.

asurfaholic
07-10-2018, 04:28 PM
OK...that tips the case.

This is a big character move that counts. I’ll probably end up there myself. He isn’t quite the total disappointment.

euphemia
07-10-2018, 04:30 PM

He is learning to be more libertarian. And I think he likes the Constitution just fine. He has named two originalists to SCOTUS.

He is not perfect, but he shows us every day why he was a better choice than Hillary.

pcosmar
07-10-2018, 04:31 PM
I am truly glad for the Hammonds. This whole thing, along with the Bundy's, was some of the most anti-liberty crap I have ever seen.

That said- I still think Trump is an imposter- if he was truly not big state, he would not be putting the noose around Iran again. He'd be pulling the military out Korea & the ME & stopping unconstitutional wars- PLUS his pick for SCOTUS would not be another neocon.

Exactly..

I had hoped the Clown would do some good by accident. Best I can hope for.

devil21
07-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Can you disprove the logic?

If you could you would have.

Did you just ask me to prove a negative and then dare use the word "logic" in the same sentence?

He is learning to be more libertarian.

If by learning to be more libertarian you mean that he (they) is learning how to shut you up with token gestures, then yes, they are definitely learning to be more libertarian. And I'm sure we can expect a lot more libertarianism in the future, particularly when Iran is attacked, as John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani promised recently.

PursuePeace
07-10-2018, 04:43 PM
I gave a hat tip to Trump for pardoning the Hammonds. $#@!ing crucify me on a pyre.

I'm w/phill.

(edited: I mean... I don't really want to be crucified on a pyre.
but whatever.)

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 04:47 PM

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2018/07/05/gettyimages-51383827-1bdd27ee832206c9aa09fac09f6ceef3554cba6e-s800-c85.jpg

Kavanaugh's wife Ashley was GWB's personal secretary ffs!

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/gettyimages-71101379.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=1024

Ya know, I get that not everyone has as much time to invest in nerding out on this stuff as I do but dang, do just a little cursory research.

Thousands of people have worked for the Bushes, it doesn't mean they are their minions. Is there anyone in D.C. that doesn't have a connection to a Bush or Clinton? If you can't see the difference we will just have to agree to disagree.

P.S.

Trump destroyed Jeb! in public and made him look like a soy boy. Not proper treatment of your overlords.

devil21
07-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Thousands of people have worked for the Bushes, it doesn't mean they are their minions. Is there anyone in D.C. that doesn't have a connection to a Bush or Clinton? If you can't see the difference we will just have to agree to disagree.

P.S.

Trump destroyed Jeb! in public and made him look like a soy boy. Not proper treatment of your overlords.

His personal secretary for his entire political career, particularly during 9/11, is not some passing intern staffer.

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Trump certainly has some BIG GOVT tendencies, but I can't think of any president in the last 50 years that has done more to bring a new approach to the White House. Does he have negative? Yes. Does he have positives that outweigh the negative? In my opinion yes. We actually have a president that is telling the Marxist globalists in our government and our allies government to take a hike. He has changed the game and they are losing their minds.

I applaude the new approach. It isn't libertarian and it isn't what Ron would do, but it is better than the same old same old.

Looking forward to more winning.

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 05:00 PM
His personal secretary for his entire political career, particularly during 9/11, is not some passing intern staffer.

So what are you saying? Kavanaugh is secretly a plant to advance the Bush neocon agenda by protecting the 2nd Amendment and ruling that we must erect stautes to Karl Marx?

devil21
07-10-2018, 05:05 PM
So what are you saying? Kavanaugh is secretly a plant to advance the Bush neocon agenda by protecting the 2nd Amendment and ruling that we must erect stautes to Karl Marx?

Go over to the Kavanaugh thread and read the Jesuit oath I posted, which he took. You can't believe a word of anything he says he supports or doesn't support or why he does or doesn't support something. He's a literal soldier in a religious military order called the Knights of Malta.

Ever watched Handmaid's Tale? That is the type of society they aspire to and why our sons and daughters have been systematically exterminating millions of non-Catholics around the world for a very long time. It goes even deeper than that but that should suffice for the moment.

kcchiefs6465
07-10-2018, 05:06 PM
His understanding of the 2nd Amendment is troubled at best.

In Heller, the Supreme Court held that handguns—the vast majority of which today are semi-automatic—are constitutionally protected because they have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens. There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It follows from Heller's protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.'s ban on them is unconstitutional. (By contrast, fully automatic weapons, also known as machine guns, have traditionally been banned and may continue to be banned after Heller.)-- Brett Kavanaugh

Not really impressive.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Go over to the Kavanaugh thread and read the Jesuit oath I posted, which he took.

Such a novel idea. :rolleyes:

devil21
07-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Such a novel idea. :rolleyes:

You should probably replace your signature with something more apropros to your priorities these days.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 05:21 PM
You should probably replace your signature with something more apropros to your priorities these days.

Or perhaps you should fuck off on back to the SCOTUS threads instead of infecting a thread which should be full of praise.

tod evans
07-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Well I'm glad these guys got to go home!

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Did you just ask me to prove a negative and then dare use the word "logic" in the same sentence?
No I asked you to disprove my assertion that Garland and his ilk would have been worse than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

If by learning to be more libertarian you mean that he (they) is learning how to shut you up with token gestures, then yes, they are definitely learning to be more libertarian. And I'm sure we can expect a lot more libertarianism in the future, particularly when Iran is attacked, as John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani promised recently.
If someone better is available I'll choose them, until then he is an improvement and he seem to be getting better.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Well I'm glad these guys got to go home!

No shit. I'm sure their wives and families are too. Theirs is surely a case of BLM abuse which continues to this day. The BLM has revoked all grazing rights, because once the BLM goes after you they stop at nothing to destroy you, and they need to be there to save what they can. Miscarriage of justice all around.

devil21
07-10-2018, 06:40 PM
No I asked you to disprove my assertion that Garland and his ilk would have been worse than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

That is the same as asking to prove a negative. I can't prove or disprove an outcome of something that never happened. As Spock would say "That is illogical."

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 06:45 PM
That is the same as asking to prove a negative. I can't prove or disprove an outcome of something that never happened. As Spock would say "That is illogical."

LOL, no it is asking you to prove the impossible (you are the one who took the impossible position), Garland has a much worse record that can be compared to Kavanaugh's and Gorsuch's.

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Go over to the Kavanaugh thread and read the Jesuit oath I posted, which he took. You can't believe a word of anything he says he supports or doesn't support or why he does or doesn't support something. He's a literal soldier in a religious military order called the Knights of Malta.

Ever watched Handmaid's Tale? That is the type of society they aspire to and why our sons and daughters have been systematically exterminating millions of non-Catholics around the world for a very long time. It goes even deeper than that but that should suffice for the moment.

So you are saying Kavanaugh is secretly a plant by the Vatican which is controlled by the Bushes? WTF? Whatever dude, I am still of the opinion that Trump is doing a better job than any other politician I have seen in my life.

nikcers
07-10-2018, 06:56 PM
So you are saying Kavanaugh is secretly a plant by the Vatican which is controlled by the Bushes? WTF? Whatever dude, I am still of the opinion that Trump is doing a better job than any other politician I have seen in my life.

Trump won the taller than Danny Devito competition. You are just defending him because he is your guy. You have double standards or no standards at all.

Ender
07-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Trump certainly has some BIG GOVT tendencies, but I can't think of any president in the last 50 years that has done more to bring a new approach to the White House. Does he have negative? Yes. Does he have positives that outweigh the negative? In my opinion yes. We actually have a president that is telling the Marxist globalists in our government and our allies government to take a hike. He has changed the game and they are losing their minds.

I applaude the new approach. It isn't libertarian and it isn't what Ron would do, but it is better than the same old same old.

Looking forward to more winning.

The breaking of the Iran deal was not winning- his stance on Iran let me know where his politics were during the primaries- not to mention the increased war mongering. In the last 50 years only Jimmy Carter was a peacetime president.

Champ
07-10-2018, 07:55 PM
I was hoping this was the one thread in this sub-forum that would not have turned into the pro-Trump, anti-Trump back and forths.

Nope.

phill4paul
07-10-2018, 08:09 PM
I was hoping this was the one thread in this sub-forum that would not have turned into the pro-Trump, anti-Trump back and forths.

Nope.

No shit. I even reported it. The parents have left the house unattended.

Anti Globalist
07-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Good move Trump.

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Trump won the taller than Danny Devito competition. You are just defending him because he is your guy. You have double standards or no standards at all.

Trump isn't my guy, he is the current president that I have to deal with. I had to deal with criminals like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush. I was in high school for Reagan and just thought he was dumb for increasing our debt. Carter seemed like a dope and Nixon was a disgrace.

So now we have a business person, a real estate/construction guy and he just plain doing a better job that all of the previous career government workers. I never had any fondness for NY blowhards and Trump is the king of them. I do however have an appreciation for a president that actually gives a crap about pardoning people like the Hammonds. I am certain that I will never see a president that is up to my standards but Trump deserves credit for being better than all of the typical politicians before him. The American voter finally stepped out side of the box a little bit and I think that is healthy. I also think the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION helped make this happen.

The breaking of the Iran deal was not winning- his stance on Iran let me know where his politics were during the primaries- not to mention the increased war mongering. In the last 50 years only Jimmy Carter was a peacetime president.

I have no problem deferring to your opinion on Iran as I can't claim to know if the Iran deal was good or bad. At the same time I do have some faith in the competence of Trump. The guy is all about making deals and I think he makes more good ones than bad. Time will tell us for sure if breaking the Iran deal improves our situation. I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.

nikcers
07-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Trump isn't my guy, he is the current president that I have to deal with. I had to deal with criminals like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush. ...... I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.

You just argued my exact point. You aren't comparing him to anyone that was ever good at anything but shitting all over our country. You aren't saying that he is anything like any of our constitutional founding fathers, you are literally saying atleast its not Hitler, Stalin, Mao. He is totally your guy otherwise you wouldn't think that this is negotiation. You are basically saying FUCK diplomacy because he is my guy.

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 10:45 PM
You just argued my exact point. You aren't comparing him to anyone that was ever good at anything but $#@!ting all over our country. You aren't saying that he is anything like any of our constitutional founding fathers, you are literally saying atleast its not Hitler, Stalin, Mao. He is totally your guy otherwise you wouldn't think that this is negotiation. You are basically saying $#@! diplomacy because he is my guy.
:rolleyes:

Cleaner44
07-10-2018, 10:53 PM
You just argued my exact point. You aren't comparing him to anyone that was ever good at anything but $#@!ting all over our country. You aren't saying that he is anything like any of our constitutional founding fathers, you are literally saying atleast its not Hitler, Stalin, Mao. He is totally your guy otherwise you wouldn't think that this is negotiation. You are basically saying $#@! diplomacy because he is my guy.

Of course I'm not saying he is anything like our founding fathers, who in the hell would do that?

I am literally saying he is a former Democrat, not a libertarian. I am literally saying he isn't Adolf Hitler, you are right.

I am not saying fuck diplomacy. Don't put stupid words in my mouth please. A cheese steak sandwich is ok though.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2018, 06:25 AM

Yes, I am.

Given the current circumstances, I see no other option but to be.

Trump has taken initiatives to roll back regulations on a massive scale, to de-militarize the Korean peninsula, which will bring troops home, to defund NATO and bring troops home, to remove troops from Germany and bring them home, and to back us out of managed trade deals that hurt the middle class and reduce American independence.

The regulatory state, the empire and a hollowed out economy, I have held for years, are the root causes of the loss of liberty in this country and he is actively working on all three in a positive, if scatterbrained, way.

Things like pardoning the ranchers, is just icing on the cake that tipped me over.

EBounding
07-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Why is it surprising that a guy who constantly decries fake news media and becomes President pardons people who were tried and convicted by the fake news media?

When I said he should pick Ammon Bundy for Sec. of Interior, I wasn't joking..

Because his rhetoric is being tough on "criminals" and he didn't really have to do this politically. Hope he keeps it up and pardons other non-violent offenders.

Todd
07-11-2018, 07:29 AM
^^^THIS^^^

More my devil is better than your devil shit.

donnay
07-11-2018, 07:33 AM
This is great news! What it proves to me is that Trump cares about people enough to look into something and use his Presidential powers to right a wrong.

I only hope that President Trump follows this through and also sees how tyrannical the BLM really is and others who are sitting in jail for going up against the BLM using their first and second amendment rights to defend themselves against this tyrannical agency.

Ender
07-11-2018, 09:35 AM
I have no problem deferring to your opinion on Iran as I can't claim to know if the Iran deal was good or bad. At the same time I do have some faith in the competence of Trump. The guy is all about making deals and I think he makes more good ones than bad. Time will tell us for sure if breaking the Iran deal improves our situation. I see his war mongering as a negotiation tactic many times and the change in the NK situation is positive in my opinion. Jimmy Carter certainly was one of our more peaceful presidents, but he wasn't terribly effective overall.

The Iran deal was definitely a step in the right direction- probably one of the best things that Obama did- so of course, Mr. Golden Ego had to step in and cancel it.

The US has been meddling in Iran for at least 70 years and all for oil- it's time to GTF out of other countries.

And I would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" any day over these elitist-huge-ego-hypocrites any day. I'm sure RP would be considered "not very effective" if he were president.

Cleaner44
07-11-2018, 08:14 PM
The Iran deal was definitely a step in the right direction- probably one of the best things that Obama did- so of course, Mr. Golden Ego had to step in and cancel it.

The US has been meddling in Iran for at least 70 years and all for oil- it's time to GTF out of other countries.

And I would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" any day over these elitist-huge-ego-hypocrites any day. I'm sure RP would be considered "not very effective" if he were president.

No doubt the U.S. government has been screwing with Iran for 70 years and it is time to stop.

I also would take a peaceful president who didn't "accomplish much" over all of the other hypocrites any day. I value politicians that don't do much over those that craft tons of legislation that violate our rights. At the same time I value competence over incompetence. I want less laws, not more. I want less incompetent government workers, not more. I want politicians that do very little, but what they do, to do those things well.

Anti Globalist
07-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Can we please stop the Trump hate for one minute and praise him on this issue?

Swordsmyth
07-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Can we please stop the Trump hate for one minute and praise him on this issue?

I guess they don't want him to repeat the behavior.

devil21
07-11-2018, 09:08 PM
I guess they don't want him to repeat the behavior.

Nominate a Bush deep stater swamp foot soldier to SCOTUS then immediately pardon a couple of ranchers. Hmmm....no more pardons if no more Bush swampers put into hugely powerful positions? Or Bush swampers and pardons? Is that the choice? I'd probably go with no more swampers but that's just me. ymmv

Swordsmyth
07-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Nominate a Bush deep stater swamp foot soldier to SCOTUS then immediately pardon a couple of ranchers. Hmmm....no more pardons if no more Bush swampers put into hugely powerful positions? Or Bush swampers and pardons? Is that the choice? I'd probably go with no more swampers but that's just me. ymmv

The two aren't connected.

devil21
07-11-2018, 09:22 PM
The two aren't connected.

LOL ok.

Swordsmyth
07-11-2018, 10:27 PM
The attorney for the Oregon ranching family that had two of its members sent to prison for arson and were pardoned by President Donald Trump says he is considering going to court to get their grazing rights restored.
Lawyer Morgan Philpot said in a telephone interview Wednesday that his firm is exploring potential civil lawsuits on behalf of the family to make sure they have their rights over land restored to them.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-2-pardoned-ranchers-arrive-home-oregon-185807416.html

Wooden Indian
07-12-2018, 01:57 AM
Before this news, I liked Trump for mainly ONE reason... pissing on Leftists, but now I can add this to the list.

Good job, Prez.

dude58677
07-12-2018, 03:24 AM
Ed and Elaine Brown should be next and Irwin Schiff posthumously in my opinion.

RonZeplin
07-12-2018, 06:25 AM
The Trump plan to avoid draining the swamp. A one time pardon, when an outrage becomes too well known. DON'T solve the underlying problem by fixing the rotten & corrupt system, because that would be draining the swamp.

A snappy press release and some tweets about how wonderful The Donald is, are much better. Save the Swamp!

Plastic fantastic Donald.

Anti Federalist
07-12-2018, 06:53 AM

YES!

donnay
07-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Absolutely!

Cleaner44
07-12-2018, 10:09 AM

This would be great. If someone could make the case to Trump. there is a chance he would do it. Who could make the request?

Ender
07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
The Trump plan to avoid draining the swamp. A one time pardon, when an outrage becomes too well known. DON'T solve the underlying problem by fixing the rotten & corrupt system, because that would be draining the swamp.

A snappy press release and some tweets about how wonderful The Donald is, are much better. Save the Swamp!

Pretty much.

dannno
07-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Your theory has a huge gaping hole.

dude58677
07-12-2018, 12:55 PM
This would be great. If someone could make the case to Trump. there is a chance he would do it. Who could make the request?

Createapetition.com

I also suggest Wesley Snipes.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2018, 01:56 PM

Rand.

dude58677
07-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Rand.

All right. Who here knows Rand personally?

Swordsmyth
07-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Your theory has a huge gaping hole.

Exactly, the objections to Kavanuagh are barely a whisper and this pardon does nothing to resolve them.

Danke
07-12-2018, 03:57 PM
All right. Who here knows Rand personally?

The midget.

devil21
07-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Exactly, the objections to Kavanuagh are barely a whisper and this pardon does nothing to resolve them.

Total bs. Instant comment forums were melting down in Kavanaugh threads. The Trump PR teams were in overdrive trying to derail threads.

Swordsmyth
07-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Total bs. Instant comment forums were melting down in Kavanaugh threads. The Trump PR teams were in overdrive trying to derail threads.

Even if you are right the pardon does nothing to resolve the objections to Kavanaugh.

dude58677
07-13-2018, 01:11 AM
The midget.:rolleyes: