PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming time! What do you do when everyone around you takes your positions?

Dave Wood
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Folks it`s time! I believe RP is laughing his a** off right now:p

They all know they are just running home to momma. Its time to keep them running.

How can RP branch out from his core positions? They cant possibly keep up with him.

Either that or RP has to go on attack now. Any ideas

Thor
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Make youtube videos showing each candidate that is now copying RP ideas to show them in the first debates singing a different tune.

WilliamC
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Remind everyone of his 20 year consistent voting record in Congress. Stress that he walks the walk while everyone else just talks the talk.

mosquitobite
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree. I say a commercial needs to be made of the flip floppers!

shrugged0106
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Publically congratulate them on their epiphany

Dave Wood
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM

+1 !:D

Janet0116
12-12-2007, 02:49 PM

x100

tamor
12-12-2007, 02:59 PM
He needs to actually say that he is glad that so many of the candidates have been listening to his views and copying them. He needs to remind his audience that he has reasearched the topics more than any candidate, published books on the topics, and has been supporting his econonical and foreign policy beliefs by his votes over the 10 terms he has been a congressman.

Dave Wood
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
He needs to actually say that he is glad that so many of the candidates have been listening to his views and copying them. He needs to remind his audience that he has reasearched the topics more than any candidate, published books on the topics, and has been supporting his econonical and foreign policy beliefs by his votes over the 10 terms he has been a congressman.

Maybe circulating the old 1980`s interviews would help eh?

Micahyah
12-12-2007, 03:04 PM
My idea I put in another thread, someone needs to cut a youtube video showing how much the candidates now copy what Paul talks about.

micahnelson
12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Ron Paul commercial for sale. I will allow the campaign to use this idea for 10 USD.

Its not free, because that would be an FEC violation i think. If not, use it for free.

"I am impressed with whats happened with the Republican race this year. When the campaign started, I was the only candidate calling for limited government, elimination of the IRS, and a restoration of the constitution. Now, it seems like every candidate has caught on.

Why do you think that is? I won't flatter myself, it isn't because of me- its the message. Freedom is Popular. People don't want the government to rescue them. They are looking for a President who can rescue them from big government.

For 20 Years I have upheld the constitution, and will continue to honor that oath of office in the white house. As a presidential nominee I will help return the Republican party to its core values. As President I will be the champion of our individual freedoms, the freedoms that have made America great.

I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message. If you approve the message of freedom, peace, and prosperity- then I would appreciate your support and vote this election season."

Thor
12-12-2007, 03:06 PM
My idea I put in another thread, someone needs to cut a youtube video showing how much the candidates now copy what Paul talks about.

Exactly, a before and after. First / second debate to now.

Do one on each video. Ron Paul vs. Huckabee; Ron Paul vs Romney, etc...

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I likey that commercial micahnelson

This debate was dream material for Youtubers :) I say a Dec 16th video using this footage will be up in 5 hours tops.

Lacrosseus
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Ron Paul commercial for sale. I will allow the campaign to use this idea for 10 USD.

Its not free, because that would be an FEC violation i think. If not, use it for free.

"I am impressed with whats happened with the Republican race this year. When the campaign started, I was the only candidate calling for limited government, elimination of the IRS, and a restoration of the constitution. Now, it seems like every candidate has caught on.

Why do you think that is? I won't flatter myself, it isn't because of me- its the message. Freedom is Popular. People don't want the government to rescue them. They are looking for a President who can rescue them from big government.

For 20 Years I have upheld the constitution, and will continue to honor that oath of office in the white house. As a presidential nominee I will help return the Republican party to its core values. As President I will be the champion of our individual freedoms, the freedoms that have made America great.

I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message. If you approve the message of freedom, peace, and prosperity- then I would appreciate your support and vote this election season."

Very well stated...

Lord Xar
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
my opinion is that the campaign are novices and this is why.

A few debates ago WE ALL SAW the signs and some of us commented on "they are stealing rons message etc.." AND NOTHING WAS DONE! So, now we are at the last debate before caucus and they did it again AND Ron Paul did nothing.

I am sorry to say that Ron's inability to wage war is a great fault. We can all say "he is keeping to his values etc..." or whatever.. BUT that sentinment does not win votes. Especially with the sheeple that vote.

Now, he should have been coached that when others trumpet YOUR positions, you need to come out immediately - hijack the debate and call them out on it. He doesn't and he wont'.
VOTERS do not know better. They don't know Ron is the champion of the constitution. Ron assumes they do.

He should just came out and said "You all are coveting a message I brought forward decades ago. I have the voting and track record to support. You all talk about the constitution and not spending and illegal immigration - but all someone has to do is look at your voting records. That will tell all voters that what you are saying now is full of hot air."

That is it!

Thor
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM

A few debates ago WE ALL SAW the signs and some of us commented on "they are stealing rons message etc.." AND NOTHING WAS DONE! So, now we are at the last debate before caucus and they did it again AND Ron Paul did nothing.

I am sorry to say that Ron's inability to wage war is a great fault. We can all say "he is keeping to his values etc..." or whatever.. BUT that sentinment does not win votes. Especially with the sheeple that vote.

Now, he should have been coached that when others trumpet YOUR positions, you need to come out immediately - hijack the debate and call them out on it. He doesn't and he wont'.
VOTERS do not know better. They don't know Ron is the champion of the constitution. Ron assumes they do.

He should just came out and said "You all are coveting a message I brought forward decades ago. I have the voting and track record to support. You all talk about the constitution and not spending and illegal immigration - but all someone has to do is look at your voting records. That will tell all voters that what you are saying now is full of hot air."

That is it!

Sad and true. Dr Paul is very genteel, but he needs to get a little piss and vinegar too when he gets one up'd....

JesseCRX
12-12-2007, 03:15 PM
This is a golden opportunity!

Someone call eLiberty or Avaroth to jump on this!

A perfect chance to expose what's going on!

Hurricane Bruiser
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree. I say a commercial needs to be made of the flip floppers!

Absolutely. We need hit pieces dealing with issues. Show what they say and then the unconstitutional policies they advocate. Call them on it and promote it far and wide. We need good videos.

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM

That is it!
True, but I'm hoping he's saving any responses for a huge surprise.

A 30 minute infomercial on this very subject would be devastating right now. Maybe he just needed them to take his position first on video ;)

JeffersonThomas
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Bump! the campaign definitely needs to get control over this!

jondisx
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Make youtube videos showing each candidate that is now copying RP ideas to show them in the first debates singing a different tune.

and use that song they had from southpark with "close up animals with a wide angle lens"

Lord Xar
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
True, but I'm hoping he's saving any responses for a huge surprise.

A 30 minute infomercial on this very subject would be devastating right now. Maybe he just needed them to take his position first on video ;)

This is the 'great' belief we all have, and there is nothing. No big suprises, no "plan behind the plan". We are all thinking there MUST be a reason why he is NOT DOING WHAT HE NEEDS. And the fact of the matter is that the His Candidacy is much bigger than those handling can comprehend. They don't understand this war. How to wage it. How to capitalize on it.. They don't.

I doubt anything 'unique' is in the works. When they put out subpar commericals, one only can conclude that their marketing/production team is just thankful for the business, nothing more.

bolidew
12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Use writings on the wall:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

not just talk.

Richandler
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
No other candidate is taking Ron's positions. They are taking faux positions that seem similar in order to attract votes. Ron's only position is freedom and liberty. None of the other candidates believe in that. Unfortunately so many people just in the grassroots don't fully believe in that and actually disagree with Ron Paul on some issues. The thing is, you cherry pick your freedoms. I know people are sick of the you're either with us or against us attitude, but truthfully you are with for freedom or against it. Most people are against it beause it's different and they don't understand it. This is why it's so easy to steal a view on a particular issue, because the view matters not, it's the idea behind the view that makes the candidate.

WilliamC
12-12-2007, 08:58 PM

Excellent idea, will forward to campaign.

William C Colley

osofaux
12-12-2007, 09:01 PM
and use that song they had from southpark with "close up animals with a wide angle lens"

:D

idiom
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Its time to publish fleshed out positions.

For example selling of the non-research Nasa centres to the States and introducing a $20 billion dollar prize to the first private group to go to Mars and Return rather than the Fed footing the bill. Have a way to transition all of the contractors out of federal employment and into state or private employment.

Going through each department and publishing a transition plan and a lot more reason than anyone else can muster.

Also giving the other candidates a pop quiz on complex economic theory live would be pretty sweet. He has to leverage his knowledge now that everyone agrees with him.

louisiana4liberty
12-12-2007, 09:34 PM
They could all learn a lot from Dr. Paul's truth telling. I think in private he is probably rubbing off on them!

It's hard to deny the truth.

DirtMcGirt
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Truckers for RP, they have to hate NAFTA or poker players for RP

haaaylee
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
has anyone tried to contact the campaign about this? you can whine all you want and make youtube videos, but let them know we think he needs to point this out. he still has the opportunity to mention it in upcoming interviews.

xao
12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
You say, "Well it's funny that some people are taking what I've been saying for the past 15 years and trying to copy me. But unfortunately those peoples voting records don't match what they are only now saying. Therefore those flip-floppers cannot be trusted. But I can. My voting record speaks for itself"

Something like this but only in better words/syntax.

devil21
12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I thought one of the most telling comments came from Huckster when asked about education. Huckster said that he looks at other states to see what works and implements their successful ideas. He does the same thing with his campaign apparently. Unfortunately, RP will not call him out on it. But he should...