PDA

View Full Version : WTF PEOPLE? I Thought it was a good debate...

BMyers
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
#1 Alan Keyes was the distraction today... not Paul as the MSM typically implies
#2 Paul was the only one to give an answer that the people know is feasible in his 1st year... bringing the troops home.
#3 Paul nailed the Education answer.
#4 Everybody is moving towards Paul's talking points... ie, the constitution. The other candidates are recognizing he is a threat and trying to capitalize on it... the problem is that they think it is only the words, and not the record to back it up.

Just my .02

-Bill

mosquitobite
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
#1 Alan Keyes was the distraction today... not Paul as the MSM typically implies
#2 Paul was the only one to give an answer that the people know is feasible in his 1st year... bringing the troops home.
#4 Everybody is moving towards Paul's talking points... ie, the constitution. The other candidates are recognizing he is a threat and trying to capitalize on it... the problem is that they think it is only the words, and not the record to back it up.

Just my .02

-Bill

Agreed

stefans
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
...and the host was awesome

Razmear
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Format wise this was definitely the most fair debate to date, entertainment wise, I think all the candidates were doing there best not to screw up in the last debate before the caucuses, so fireworks were kept to a minimum.

RonPaulFTFW
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I think so too.

Too many debbie downers who need to support the man.

Micahyah
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
#1 was terrible for us. The main thing is more people need to hear Ron Paul's words. Keyes eats up time like no tomrrow.

almost 80% of voters don't know enough about Ron Paul.

#4 is terrible for us. Having the rest of the candidates copy Ron Paul only makes them seem like they are for the same things Paul has distinguished himself from the other candidates about.

These neocons don't actually care about the constitution, they are just SAYING THAT to BLUR VOTERS' OPINIONS.

Geez, I can't believe some of you guys, you think the Republican party has reformed itself over night because some candidates used the right buzzwords? They are just saying things to stop Paul's momentum.

split_lipz
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
It was a good debate. Better than the Youtube one. I think Paul really connected with the common people with his answers.

amistybleu
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Great Debate for Dr. Paul.

Akus
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Ok, this is all being youtubed as we speak, right?

amistybleu
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
#1 was terrible for us. The main thing is more people need to hear Ron Paul's words. Keyes eats up time like no tomrrow.

almost 80% of voters don't know enough about Ron Paul.

#4 is terrible for us. Having the rest of the candidates copy Ron Paul only makes them seem like they are for the same things Paul has distinguished himself from the other candidates about.

These neocons don't actually care about the constitution, they are just SAYING THAT to BLUR VOTERS' OPINIONS.

Geez, I can't believe some of you guys, you think the Republican party has reformed itself over night because some candidates used the right buzzwords? They are just saying things to stop Paul's momentum.

People will see the flip flop nature of the other candidates and vote appropriately

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
It WAS a good debate.

knappz
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Just my .02

-Bill

Dr. Paul is the only one on the stage will to give a real and intelligent answer... notice it's all in regards to the economy, collapse of the dollar, interest rates, inflation and our f**ked up foreign policy.
Some folks are just bent on all style and no substance.

Delain
12-12-2007, 02:49 PM

They say what they think people want to hear. Makes them look even more phony.

So if you and I can see that, others can not?

Micahyah
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
They say what they think people want to hear. Makes them look even more phony.

So if you and I can see that, others can not?

Do you see anyone talking about that fact on the post debate coverage? NO.

hellah10
i think this was a good debate overall for dr. paul... but im really getting irked by how these other candidates are starting to take dr. paul's viewpoints... his views is what seperates us from them - the constitution, limited government, and state regulated issues are alot of reasons why some of us got on the RP bandwagon - when these so called frontrunners starting talking about the things dr paul is - then it doesnt make him stand out

BillyFromPhilly

Just my .02

-Bill

I do find it interesting that RP has had so much influence on the direction of discussion and that so many of the candidates are now flocking to his views or at least paying them lip service.

You are correct, none of the candidates has the background that RP does in actually voting those ideas they have recently discovered.

markderidder
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree it was a good debate... far better than youtube, and Paul got some great answers in there.

-Mark

Delain
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Do you see anyone talking about that fact on the post debate coverage? NO.

You still have faith in the MSM?

Bigboyen
12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I think the answers he gave were great. But I would like him to be more aggressive, because all the slick talkers get away with their non answer or honour words. He shouldn't need to raise his voice, but just give some statement that will get people to notice him. It's nothing in the debate that will get covered in the news; the debate was so boring with no temperature.

hellah10
12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
one of these days dr paul just needs to tell huckabee "hey, why dont you answer the question rather then run around it"

ladyliberty
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Youtube please? I missed the debates - I was in a stupid meeting all afternoon! :mad:

No work = no Tea Party!

Gimme Some Truth
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Agreed. This is the 1st debate that i havent come away from being totally disgusted at the time allotted etc.

Think12345
12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Great, Great, GREAT debate!

Dr. Paul got his fair share of time, mentioned most of his key positions and even mentioned rEVOLution.

Other candidates stole some of his points, but I see that as a good thing.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Great debate from what I saw (I missed some). The others are talking more and more like Ron Paul which is good and bad. Bad in that it is more difficult to differentiate from the others but good if enough people get talking about it that we see a change in direction. So a mixed bag.

I liked Dr. Paul's answers but wished he had worked in ethonal and industrial hemp.

Very fair debate and someone tell Keyes to grow up.

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
What a BUNCH of PANDERERS!

What was with Alan Keyes - is he on crank?

John McCain look's like an UNDERTAKER did his makeup... AWFUL!

OUT of the CNN's after debate response from the undecided voters:

IGNORANCE IS BLISS!

That undecided lady they interviewed... is a IDIOT!.

Like they say...

I don't know who to be more upset with, The Corrupt, Liar, Sellout Politicians or the MORONS that keep voting them into office!

Cinaed
12-12-2007, 03:21 PM
You all must understand this form the average American voter's point of view.

Many of them are uneducated about the issues, and when they hear the other candidates spout numbers and other such tangible threats, they get more emotionally swayed. In contrast, Dr. Paul is making controversial statements, but not capitalizing on the time in which he needs to explain.

In addition, once the other candidates started adopting Ron Paul's positions, he loses in terms of distinctiveness, especially because all the other slick candidates were able to more eloquently steal and represent them.

The fact that Ron Paul has the most consistent voting record and none of the influence of mega corporations is tragically lost to the average voter.

Truly, if all Americans were made aware of how much they could potentially lose if they don't vote for Ron Paul, there would have already been overwhelming support by conservatives.

Furthermore, the little chart they had on the side only contributes to the flawed mass mentality, that the popularity of an opinion correlates to the correct opinion.

All in all, it was very discouraging to me.

ConstitutionGal
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I thought it was a good debate for Dr. Paul and it definitely lost Fred some supporters with his blatant refusal to answer the global warming question.

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
What a BUNCH of PANDERERS!

What was with Alan Keyes - is he on crank?

John McCain look's like an UNDERTAKER did his makeup... AWFUL!

OUT of the CNN's after debate response from the undecided voters:

IGNORANCE IS BLISS!

That undecided lady they interviewed... is a IDIOT!.

Like they say...

I don't know who to be more upset with, The Corrupt, Liar, Sellout Politicians or the MORONS that keep voting them into office!

I'm going to say the morons.

Thanehand
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
If you think this was a good debate, you're not being realistic.

Fred Thompson definitely had the limelight with his defiance (rightly so) towards the moderator's asinine "answer this complex, loaded question with a hand-raise", followed by Huckabee and all his religious statements that will resonate with the GOP base -- which is much larger than anyone here seems to want to believe.

Ron DID get in some good points, and his answer on education was excellent. But at the end of the day, he still ended up with less time than most of the candidates and worst, his unique message is being DILUTED by the other candidates absorbing his ideas.

I repeat... Ron's message is now being diluted by the other candidates absorbing his ideas. This means he stands out less in the end because your average voter will not do the research required to see the contradiction, basing their decision on craptastic 30-second sound-bite answers to complex issues.

I realize he doesn't like to attack the others, but he really needs to talk about the fact that he's held these positions for 30 years, not 30 days and has the voting history to prove it, unlike any of the other candidates.

The Iowa primaries are January 3rd! That is just about 3 weeks away, and you can bet your bottom dollar that despite this debate being aired in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday, Iowa was paying attention, and this is the last taste of the candidates they will probably get.

The only thing that we can work towards is getting as many Ron Paul supporters at the Iowa caucus as possible. Without that, there's no chance of Ron surprising the media as he REALLY needs to.

If you're not already helping write letters to residents of Iowa and New Hampshire, or do something else active in these states, you need to be.