PDA

View Full Version : Secret 'Roe v. Wade' Film Now Shooting in New Orleans

Anti Federalist
07-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Something that has never been answered for me:

Federal law regarding abortion is based on a "right to privacy" found in the 4th Amendment.

So how is it that every other form of privacy is routinely raped and shredded every single day by the federal government?

Secret 'Roe v. Wade' Film Now Shooting in New Orleans (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/secret-roe-v-wade-film-now-shooting-new-orleans-1124557

6:30 AM PDT 7/3/2018 by Paul Bond

Nick Loeb, famous for battling ex Sofia Vergara over frozen embryos, is co-directing a pro-life story of the landmark Supreme Court case, with a cast including conservative stars Jon Voight, Robert Davi and Stacey Dash.

As Nick Loeb walked to his car with a production assistant during a day of shooting his upcoming feature film, Roe v. Wade, outside Tulane University last week, a woman wearing a headset approached and asked: “Are you the director?”

“When I told her I was, she told me to go fuck myself," Loeb recalls. "Then she threw her headset on the ground and walked off. I found out later she was our electrician."

Anecdotes such as this have become fairly common since Loeb and his production partner, Cathy Allyn, began shooting their pro-life feature film June 15 in and around New Orleans. While Loeb has been in the news in recent years because of his ongoing custody battle over frozen embryos with former girlfriend Sofia Vergara of Modern Family, there’s been little information about the filmmaker's new project, save for a flurry of articles five weeks ago alleging that Facebook wasn’t allowing him to use its platform to raise money for the story of the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that guaranteed a woman's right to an abortion.

The radio silence — until now — has been by design, both for the security of the cast and crew and in order to obtain shooting locations. To accomplish the latter, Loeb and Allyn have been shooting the film, which will wrap principal photography around July 15, under a fake title that the pair will not disclose.

The film has been under such tight wraps that even the major cast members had not been revealed; Two Supreme Court justices are played by a couple of Hollywood’s more outspoken conservatives, Jon Voight and Robert Davi, and other justices are played by Corbin Bernsen, John Schneider, Steve Guttenberg, William Forsythe, Wade Williams and Richard Portnow.

Stacey Dash, the Clueless star and former Fox News commentator who withdrew from a congressional race as a Republican three months ago, claiming the campaign had become “detrimental to the health and well-being of my family,” plays Mildred Jefferson, the first black woman to graduate from Harvard Medical School and the former president of National Right to Life.

Even with the secrecy, it’s been a challenging shoot. At Louisiana State University, Loeb says, “we were told we were rejected due to our content, even though it will be a PG-rated film. They refused to put it in writing, but they told us on the phone it was due to content.” At Tulane, where Loeb is an alum, the filim shot one day, but after the school newspaper reported on the nature of the project, producers were denied a second day of shooting, according to Loeb. (Both Tulane and LSU say logistics were the problem, not the content of the movie.)

And then there was a synagogue in New Orleans that producers rented for catering and as a place for extras to hang out. “Once they found out what the film was about, they locked us out. We had to call the police so that the extras and caterers could retrieve their possessions,“ Loeb says.

Casting has been a problem throughout, as actors have walked away once they realized there was a pro-life tilt to the film. “We had to replace three local actors, including one who was to play Norma McCorvey, even after she begged for the role,” says Loeb. McCorvey was known as Jane Roe in the landmark legal case.

Also touched on in the film is that Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade also prosecuted Jack Ruby for killing Lee Harvey Oswald. McCorvey’s attorneys, Linda Coffee and Sarah Weddington are played, respectively, by Justine Wachsberger and Greer Grammer, Kelsey Grammer’s daughter, while Lucy Davenport plays famed Feminine Mystique author Betty Friedan.

Among the crew members who quit in protest was a costumer who left after two weeks “because of the subject matter and pressure from her peers,” says Allyn. Even the director, also a woman, quit on the first day of shooting, so Loeb and Allyn are co-directing. They are also producers, and they co-wrote the script.

When they shot in Washington, D.C., their location manager there sent an email that read: "I have been doing research on the movie trying to figure out who is producing and what the gist of the story is, and I finally found it, and so I am withdrawing from this project. I am a staunch pro-abortion feminist activist, and I will not be party to such horrible propaganda.”

Loeb and Allyn say that the timing is perfect for their film, since the Roe v. Wade decision has been in the news due to Justice Anthony Kennedy announcing on June 27 he will retire from the Supreme Court, giving President Trump the opportunity to potentially appoint a judge who will tilt the court toward overturning the case.

“But even without that news, it’s one of the most controversial political decisions in history. It divides us and makes us uncomfortable,” says Loeb, adding that his own battle with Vergara over access to embryos they created has informed the film. "I have my own pro-life issue going on with my fight over embryos, but no one has really told the whole truth about Roe v. Wade in a film. When I delved into this, I discovered conspiracy theories, fake news, made-up statistics and a whole lot of people involved who switched their positions from pro-choice to pro-life, including Norma.”

The filmmakers say there are some notable investors behind the project, though they won't reveal them. They’re negotiating a distribution deal now and are aiming for a January release date, while Republicans are hoping to confirm Justice Kennedy’s replacement this fall.

The movie is executive produced by Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and she also has a cameo in the picture.

“There are lots of surprising cameos from controversial people in the news that I can’t tell you about — or more people might walk off the set,” quips Loeb.

phill4paul
07-03-2018, 11:26 AM
This is the single issue in which neither side will compromise. Not an inch and not by a single day. It will be interesting if a conservative SCOTUS revisits it. All un-holy hell would break out.

dannno
07-03-2018, 11:34 AM
This is the single issue in which neither side will compromise. Not an inch and not by a single day. It will be interesting if a conservative SCOTUS revisits it. All un-holy hell would break out.

Nah, it will be fine. Most states will just legalize it.

Jan2017
07-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Nick Loeb - famous for battling ex Sofia Vergara over frozen embryos -
co-directing pro-life story of the landmark Supreme Court case

Casting has been a problem throughout, as actors have walked away once they realized there was a pro-life tilt to the film.
“We had to replace three local actors, including one who was to play Norma McCorvey, even after she begged for the role,”
says Loeb. McCorvey was known as Jane Roe in the landmark legal case.

Also touched on in the film is that Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade also prosecuted Jack Ruby for killing Lee Harvey Oswald.

McCorvey’s attorneys, Linda Coffee and Sarah Weddington are played, respectively, by Justine Wachsberger and Greer Grammer, Kelsey Grammer’s daughter, while Lucy Davenport plays famed Feminine Mystique author Betty Friedan.

Among the crew members who quit in protest was a costumer who left after two weeks “because of the subject matter and pressure from her peers,” says Allyn.

Even the director, also a woman, quit on the first day of shooting, so Loeb and Allyn are co-directing.
They are also producers, and they co-wrote the script.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/secret-roe-v-wade-film-now-shooting-new-orleans-1124557

First US Chief Justice John Jay told his friend President George Washington after being asked for advice, that the Court
could only "decide cases" . . . Jay determined that those 55 delegates who had rode horseback or in horse-drawn carriages for the summer of 1787 constitutional convention in Philadelphia only authorized the Supreme Court of the United States to decide a matter that was correctly before it.

These senators including GOP moderate Susan Collins are worried about "Roe hostility" - stupid.
Judges decide cases - if a reproductive biology legal battle comes up, then it will be re-visited -
and based on the circumstances of that new case may or may not use a Roe v. Wade privacy argument.
It happens all the time, all kinds of case. when some issue of law needs to be elucidated.
Why don't these Dim Senators understand (?)

Nah, it will be fine. Most states will just legalize it.

Put into the hands of the states . . . just like the death penalty. Make it a state choice, and states fund it.

Jan2017
07-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Nick Loeb, famous for battling ex Sofia Vergara over frozen embryos,
is co-directing a pro-life story of the landmark Supreme Court case -
- cast includes conservative stars Jon Voight, Robert Davi and Stacey Dash.

As Nick Loeb walked to his car with a production assistant during a day of shooting his upcoming feature film, Roe v. Wade,
outside Tulane University last week, a woman wearing a headset approached and asked: “Are you the director?”

“When I told her I was, she told me to go fuck myself," Loeb recalls.
"Then she threw her headset on the ground and walked off. I found out later she was our electrician."

Sofia Vergara and ex are fighting over frozen embryos, again
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/28/sofia-vergara-and-ex-fighting-over-frozen-embryos-again/

https://s26.postimg.cc/5zrbqj9d5/sofia.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Reproductive Law will probably become a separate branch of law . . .

Elle : "For that matter, any masturbatory emissions, where the sperm is clearly not seeking an egg, could be termed reckless abandonment."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3_hNYAVRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3_hNYAVRw

H_H
07-03-2018, 03:19 PM
This is the single issue in which neither side will compromise. Not an inch and not by a single day. It will be interesting if a conservative SCOTUS revisits it. All un-holy heck would break out.
Nah, it will be terrific. Most states will then ban it.

euphemia
07-03-2018, 04:20 PM
I would just like to comment on something:

Norma McCorvey is on record as saying she was approached by the attorneys, not the other way around. She never had to give evidence or anything. And she did not abort. A case proven to be decided based on false evidence should be overturned. Argue it again based on facts, not on some fairy tale.

And, for the record, some states had already passed law permitting abortion. North Carolina had some of the most liberal laws on the books well before Roe v Wade ever came before the court.

devil21
07-03-2018, 04:29 PM
SCOTUS is going to overturn the federal ruling on abortion. This is conditioning for the decision.

euphemia
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM
SCOTUS is going to overturn the federal ruling on abortion. This is conditioning for the decision.

As well they should. It was based on a lie to begin with.

devil21
07-03-2018, 04:36 PM
As well they should. It was based on a lie to begin with.

It's all planned and controlled.

Jan2017
07-03-2018, 04:42 PM
I would just like to comment on something:

Norma McCorvey is on record as saying she was approached by the attorneys, not the other way around. She never had to give evidence or anything. And she did not abort. A case proven to be decided based on false evidence should be overturned. Argue it again based on facts, not on some fairy tale.

That is why both the "talent" and the gaffers/electricians/costume designer/production assistants are leaving . . .
a true documentary is what they wanted to sign up for -
but they didn't know the truth. Wonder why ?

Easy to see now why even the actress who was wanting the lead part of the Jane Doe (ROE) of this now infamous case -
didn't know the true Norma McCorvey.

Swordsmyth
07-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Let me guess...................The Devil tells you this is a bad thing.

GOD says it is a good thing.

devil21
07-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Let me guess...................The Devil tells you this is a bad thing.

GOD says it is a good thing.

Great. Another thing for people to fight each other over. Something that the people obviously have no control over one way or the other.

devil21
07-05-2018, 08:12 PM
It'll be kinda sad to watch Republicans ban abortion in their states after Roe is overturned, thus forcing their states into more breeding of those they don't want to support, while Dems continue abortion in their states and continue to limit population growth. Cutting off nose to spite your face, I think it is called.

For those that haven't figured it out yet. The main movements of TPTB are about population control and steering. Controlling breeding patterns, encouraging breeding at times, discouraging it at other times, genetic engineering through encouraging certain breeding behaviors, etc. All done through various media campaigns and facilitating things like refugee migrations.

Swordsmyth
07-05-2018, 08:16 PM
It'll be kinda sad to watch Republicans ban abortion in their states after Roe is overturned, thus forcing their states into more breeding of those they don't want to support, while Dems continue abortion in their states and continue to limit population growth. Cutting off nose to spite your face, I think it is called.

For those that haven't figured it out yet. The main movements of TPTB are about population control and steering. Controlling breeding patterns, encouraging breeding at times, discouraging it at other times, genetic engineering through encouraging certain breeding behaviors, etc. All done through various media campaigns and facilitating things like refugee migrations.

Unpunished murder brings curses on a land.
You claim that TPTB are about controlling breeding patterns and yet you endorse the same thing.

devil21
07-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Unpunished murder brings curses on a land.
You claim that TPTB are about controlling breeding patterns and yet you endorse the same thing.

Your somewhat incoherent thoughts are noted but that doesn't change my observation in any way.

Jan2017
07-07-2018, 08:55 AM
Easy to see now why even the actress who was wanting the lead part of the Jane Doe (ROE) of this now infamous case -
didn't know the true Norma McCorvey.

Actress didn't read her lines . . . couldn't possibly act as a portrayal of the real Jane Doe/Roe

Need a big star for thjis role . . . now that ity will be a blockbuster. Probably not a greaty date movie, though.