PDA

View Full Version : Roger Stone: Trump Set to Nominate Napolitano for Supreme Court [Video]

donnay
06-29-2018, 10:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIdLckDKQqM

brushfire
06-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Not getting my hopes up. This speculation has happened before.

timosman
06-29-2018, 10:49 AM
Not getting my hopes up. This speculation has happened before.

The hearings sure will be interesting. Judge telling these fuckers how they should be doing their jobs. :cool:

aGameOfThrones
06-29-2018, 10:51 AM
Sadly, the scotus is, feelings on the left, constitution on the right and sometimes imaginary things that were never written or implied by both sides. We need a young justice to keep the left’s feelings in check.

specsaregood
06-29-2018, 10:54 AM
We need a young justice to keep the left’s feelings in check.

funny, many of us (myself included) would say that is one of his weeknesses that he is too willing to go all feely. He seems like a friendly guy and the few leftist interviews ive seen him in he sucks at debating them.

nikcers
06-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Sadly, the scotus is, feelings on the left, constitution on the right and sometimes imaginary things that were never written or implied by both sides. We need a young justice to keep the left’s feelings in check.

We need a SCOTUS right now, who thinks that the 2nd amendment is our right to defend ourselves from government and is not a right to own a musket.

jllundqu
06-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Sounds legit

angelatc
06-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Roger Stone is a fountain of misinformation, but I hope he's right about this.

devil21
06-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Oh look, it's this thread again.

Lucy and the football.

eta: fwiw I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong and I hope I am. Appointing Judge Nap would have huge implications.

Matt Collins
06-29-2018, 12:10 PM
Alex Jones and Roger Stone are two attention whores who have zero credibility (although to be fair Stone is good at what he does).

Judge Nap, unfortunately, would never be able to pass confirmation with some of his past comments.

Occam's Banana
06-29-2018, 01:27 PM
We need a SCOTUS right now, who thinks that the 2nd amendment is our right to defend ourselves from government squirrels and deer and is not a right to own a musket.

Fixed b4 TheTexan;.

timosman
06-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Alex Jones and Roger Stone are two attention whores who have zero credibility (although to be fair Stone is good at what he does).

Judge Nap, unfortunately, would never be able to pass confirmation with some of his past comments.

Maybe that's the point. Give them Napolitano first so the real nominee will pass.

nobody's_hero
06-29-2018, 03:02 PM
The age thing might actually work in his favor. Look at it from the opposite side: If you're a democrat, are you gonna confirm someone who will be there for 40 years or someone who might be out in 10-15?

Swordsmyth
06-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Trump has said he wants someone young so this is Fake News.

TheTexan
06-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Fixed b4 TheTexan;.

Correct. The 2nd amendment protects hunting weapons only. If the founding fathers wanted us to be able to own weapons that had military utility, they would have specifically said so.

TER
06-29-2018, 04:57 PM
Roger Stone is a fountain of misinformation, but I hope he's right about this.

This.

He and Alex Jones are controlled opposition.

TheTexan
06-29-2018, 04:59 PM
It's well known by constitutional scholars that the word "Militia" was in common usage at the time as another word for a hunting club. Usually a deer hunting club (a "deer militia", as they would have called it)

dannno
06-29-2018, 05:25 PM
This.

He and Alex Jones are controlled opposition.

lol, sorry dude, Trump's former wingman is not "controlled opposition" anymore than Trump is. If you think Trump is, then well, that's a pretty deep rabbit hole.

Swordsmyth
06-29-2018, 05:29 PM
lol, sorry dude, Trump's former wingman is not "controlled opposition" anymore than Trump is. If you think Trump is, then well, that's a pretty deep rabbit hole.

Trump used to hang out with the Clintons too, Stone may well be controlled opposition. (I have no opinion on him myself)

dannno
06-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Trump used to hang out with the Clintons too, Stone may well be controlled opposition. (I have no opinion on him myself)

Uhh, Trump did not "hang out" with the Clintons.... He made appearances with them.

That is different than your literal wingman, the guy who for decades was at your side, your best friend, helping you get laid.

TER
06-29-2018, 05:42 PM

You are making a logical fallacy.

Just because Trump associated with Roger Stone doesnt mean Roger Stone isn’t not a C I A clown (pretty sure he is)

Just because Roger Stone is a C I A clown doesn’t mean Trump is deep state.

dannno
06-29-2018, 06:29 PM

Just because Trump associated with Roger Stone doesnt mean Roger Stone isn’t not a C I A clown (pretty sure he is)

Like I said to Swordsmyth, there is a HUGE difference between someone you associate with and someone who is your wingman/best friend for decades.

TER
06-29-2018, 09:03 PM
Like I said to Swordsmyth, there is a HUGE difference between someone you associate with and someone who is your wingman/best friend for decades.

I totally understand what you are saying. Still doesn’t change the facts of the present time. I don’t think Trump and Stone are chumming it up now like they used too.

dannno
06-29-2018, 09:06 PM
I totally understand what you are saying. Still doesn’t change the facts of the present time. I don’t think Trump and Stone are chumming it up now like they used too.

Stone was his first official Campaign Manager for the 2016 election.

Matt Collins
06-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Maybe that's the point. Give them Napolitano first so the real nominee will pass.
I would LOVE to have a national debate over these words:

:D:D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GssArZxVr7I

donnay
06-30-2018, 08:26 AM

Yes, and one of the reasons Stone has been dragged into the Russian witch hunt from Mueller, along with his former associate Michael Caputo.

Occam's Banana
06-30-2018, 10:05 AM
That is different than your literal wingman, the guy who for decades was at your side, your best friend, helping you get laid.

Does he do this while the two of you are flying planes together?

Because if he doesn't, then he's not your literal wingman; he's your metaphorical wingman.

Zippyjuan
06-30-2018, 11:32 AM

Roger Stone was Nixon's "dirty tricks" man and was associated with Watergate. Very much "deep state". Even has a Nixon tattoo.

https://static.politico.com/dims4/default/e59803a/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3-origin-images.politico.com%2F2015%2F08%2F06%2F150806_roge r_stone_1160_gty.jpg

http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/embed-lg/public/2016/10/24/1024rogerstone02.jpg

TER
06-30-2018, 11:33 AM

Right. And he is not in the administration now. I doubt Trump is even talking to him anymore.

Pence is the VP. Definitely wasn’t Trump’s first pick, but chose him because he is playing the game masterfully. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...

TER
06-30-2018, 11:33 AM
Roger Stone was Nixon's "dirty tricks" man. Very much "deep state".

Yep.. something we can agree on Zippy. I don’t trust that clown...

Anti Globalist
06-30-2018, 11:34 AM
Uhh, Trump did not "hang out" with the Clintons.... He made appearances with them.

But Trump is an alpha male. He doesn't need anyones help to get laid.

devil21
06-30-2018, 12:02 PM

You can't know what Trump did or didn't do.

Zippyjuan
06-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Napster isn't on the list of names Trump is considering anyways. Trump says it is down to five names and two are women.

Trump’s Supreme Court List
Issued Nov. 17, 2017 by the White House

Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas M. Hardiman of Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett M. Kavanaugh of Maryland, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan L. Larsen of Michigan, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (retired)

Don Willett of Texas, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/27/us/politics/trump-list-supreme-court-nominees.html

Front runners said to be Thomas M. Hardiman, William H. Pryor Jr., Amul R. Thapar, Brett M. Kavanaugh, Joan L. Larsen, and Amy Coney Barrett (bios at the link).