PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving Time May End In CA

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 06:13 PM
California voters will soon have a say if we should stop the decades-old tradition of "falling back" and "springing forward." The Daylight Saving Time Act, which was first approved in 1949, will be repealed if the Golden State's constituents vote yes on Assembly Bill 807.
On Thursday, Gov. Jerry Brown signed the measure, advancing it to the ballot.
"This measure directs the Secretary of State to place a proposition on the statewide ballot enabling voters to repeal the state's Daylight Saving Time Act," Brown said in his signing message (https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AB-807-signing-message.pdf). "If passed, it will — albeit through a circuitous path — open the door for year-round daylight saving."

AB 807 was introduced by Assemblyman Kansen Chu (D-San Jose) last year, who called the practice of adjusting clocks "outdated."
"It is a practice I aim to eliminate with AB 807, my bill that will implement critical first steps to move California to enjoy year round daylight saving time," Chu said. "The practice of switching our clocks originated from World War I as a means to save energy. Studies today illustrate that there is little to no energy savings. In reality, switching our clocks twice a year directly impacts our health, as well as leads to increased crime and traffic."

More at: https://patch.com/california/palosverdes/s/gghl1/ending-daylight-saving-time-ca-measure-heads-voters

Anti Globalist
06-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Daylight savings is a stupid concept anyway.

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 06:34 PM
Daylight savings is a stupid concept anyway.

We need to get rid of it or make it year round nationally.

Wooden Indian
06-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Meh, I was hoping it was due to CA falling into the very Sun. Well, better luck next time.

Weston White
06-28-2018, 11:02 PM
Meh, I was hoping it was due to CA falling into the very Sun. Well, better luck next time.

Hey now, watch it bub! Some of us are totally awesome rock stars! ...Just most not so much.

dannno
06-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Rather than abolishing it, they seem to be perpetuating it for eternity.

If they do that, it will be awfully dark in the early morning winter...

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Rather than abolishing it, they seem to be perpetuating it for eternity.

If they do that, it will be awfully dark in the early morning winter...

Year round is better than the semi-annual switch.

jkr
06-29-2018, 08:16 AM
GOOD
ITS DELUSIONAL

brushfire
06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Finally... The common use of electric light has made this "tradition" useless - unless you're trying to cost business billions a year as they try to shuffle to the whims of government, with each shifting DST. Seems like every other year, some government is changing their TZ.

UTC TZ for all!

I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while - well done CA.

AngryCanadian
06-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Is CA going to ban Christmas to soon?

DamianTV
06-29-2018, 03:55 PM
I admit I am half surprised that they didnt come up with something retarded and fully stupidiotic like "Daylight Savings Time is known to the State of California to cause cancer in Laboratory Animals".

Swordsmyth
06-29-2018, 04:00 PM
I admit I am half surprised that they didnt come up with something retarded and fully stupidiotic like "Daylight Savings Time is known to the State of California to cause cancer in Laboratory Animals".

It may actually contribute to poor health and thus some cases of cancer, that is probably why they didn't think of it.