PDA

View Full Version : SCOTUS: Would You Support Judge Andrew Napolitano As Replacement For Justice Anthony Kennedy?

DamianTV
06-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Lets remind everyone who Judge Andrew Napolitano is, with this speech that got him fired from Faux News during Obama...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGnBCDfCLM

Now, I heard that having a "swing seat" is critically important from the MSM. Um, arent the seats supposed to ALL be IMPARTIAL to Political Bias? Do you think Andrew Napolitano would be a good person to appoint to the highest court of the land?

Why, Why NOT, and if not, do you have anyone you would prefer over Napolitano and WHY?

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 03:37 PM
If you want to see the arguments against him:

Judge Swamp strikes again (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?523218-Judge-Swamp-strikes-again)
He is also too old, we need someone who will last 40-50 years.

openfire
06-28-2018, 03:43 PM
He is also too old, we need someone who will last 40-50 years.

^ This. Otherwise, yes.

Schifference
06-28-2018, 03:45 PM
The judge will not be Trump's nominee.

aGameOfThrones
06-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Too old.

Anti Federalist
06-28-2018, 03:54 PM
In spite of some "dings" against him, I'd say yes, without a doubt...

Except as others have noted, his age.

Much better to seat someone who is their 40s.

DamianTV
06-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Then how about this guy?

Trump Reportedly Considering Utah Sen. Mike Lee For SCOTUS Seat
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-28/trump-reportedly-weighing-utah-senator-mike-lee-scotus-seat

Less than 24 hours after 81-year-old Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement, effective July 31, from the Supreme Court after a more than 30-year tenure (making him the 14th longest service justice out of 113), rumors about his successor already abound. To wit, Bloomberg reported that President Trump has asked his advisors for their opinions about nominating Utah Senator Mile Lee to replace Kennedy.

To be sure, the selection process is just beginning, and it's likely Trump hasn't yet settled on a favorite, according to Bloomberg. Brett Kavanaugh, a judge on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals, is also being considered (and led online betting markets as the most likely candidate as of yesterday).

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/2018.06.28mikelee.JPG
Utah Sen. Mike Lee

The selection of a Supreme Court justice is vital to the president's legacy: Assuming Trump's nominee is around the age of his previous pick, Neil Gorsuch, he or she will likely serve on the court for decades.

And even with Republicans' slim majority in the Senate, whoever Trump nominates only needs the support of the Republican caucus to make it through the Senate since the Democrats implemented the so-called "nuclear option" - eliminating most fillibusters for presidential nominations - back in 2013.

I dont have a list of all the people being considered for the position yet, so just given the two, Napolitano or Lee, who would be the better choice?

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Then how about this guy?

Trump Reportedly Considering Utah Sen. Mike Lee For SCOTUS Seat
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-28/trump-reportedly-weighing-utah-senator-mike-lee-scotus-seat

I dont have a list of all the people being considered for the position yet, so just given the two, Napolitano or Lee, who would be the better choice?

Lee is better.

euphemia
06-28-2018, 04:44 PM
The good Judge is doing exactly what he needs to be doing. His commentary on Fox is invaluable. He is the best articulator of liberty principles we have.

oyarde
06-28-2018, 04:48 PM
I would support many people to replace the entire court with . Danke included.

Ender
06-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Absolutely.

And I would also support Mike Lee.

nikcers
06-28-2018, 05:21 PM
Yes- I think he would be part of some of the most import decisions in our lifetimes and he would be making all of the right choices at all the right times.

eleganz
06-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Love the Napster but hes old, it appears Mike Lee is the most talked about so far, he'd be a great choice and the youngest choice.

fedupinmo
06-28-2018, 06:18 PM
Absolutely NOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaKVU9CgiDQ

RonZeplin
06-28-2018, 06:22 PM
we need someone who will last 40-50 years.

Your desire for Ruth Bader Ginsberg and other loons on SCOTUS, to hang around for another decade or two is noted.

Swordsmyth
06-28-2018, 06:24 PM
Your desire for Ruth Bader Ginsberg and other loons on SCOTUS, to hang around for another decade or two is noted.
Are you nuts?
I want RBG and her ilk to quit or die.
I want a good justice to tie up a seat for 40-50 years.

Anti Globalist
06-28-2018, 06:25 PM
I'd love to have the Judge on the SCOTUS but we need to be realistic. He's nearly 70. If you're going to nominate someone for SCOTUS, you better make sure that person is young so they'll be on for 30+ years. I don't know what the Judge's health condition is, but I don't see him being able to be on for that long.

Wooden Indian
06-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Ben Shapiro Makes a Pitch to Trump: ‘I’m Only 34, I Could Be On The Court For 60 Years. Just Sayin!’

Bwahahahaa. Can you imagine the safe spaces that would be required across college campuses?

openfire
06-28-2018, 09:16 PM
Trump has said the nominee will come from this list:

Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States Senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

The good judge isn't on the list, but Mike Lee is.

Ender
06-28-2018, 10:41 PM
Trump has said the nominee will come from this list:

Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Mike Lee of Utah, United States Senator

Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

The good judge isn't on the list, but Mike Lee is.

Just read this article about Brett Kavanaugh on the list:

June 28, 2018
There is something 'fishy' about one of Trump's potential Supreme Court nominees
By Allan J. Favish

Judge Brett Kavanaugh sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Several news articles, including those here, here, and here, mention him as a leading contender to be nominated by President Donald Trump to replace retiring justice Anthony Kennedy on the United States Supreme Court.

The nomination of Kavanaugh would be ironic, given candidate Trump's disparaging comment about a death investigation in which Kavanaugh played a major role. On July 20, 1993, Hillary Clinton's former law partner, and then deputy White House counsel for President Bill Clinton, Vincent Foster, was found dead in Virginia's Fort Marcy Park. The official U.S. government conclusion is that Foster committed suicide in the park. In May of 2016, candidate Trump stated that the circumstances of the death were "very fishy." At the 2004 confirmation hearing for Kavanaugh, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) stated: "Mr. Kavanaugh served in the Office of Independent Counsel under Judge Starr, where he conducted the office's investigation into the death of former Deputy White House Counsel Vincent W. Foster, Jr." A 1998 New York Times article also states that Kavanaugh "led the investigation into the death of the deputy White House counsel Vincent W. Foster Jr."

Rest of article here:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/there_is_something_fishy_about_one_of_trumps_poten tial_supreme_court_nominees_.html

RonZeplin
06-28-2018, 11:31 PM
https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2018/06/27/gettyimages-71101382kavanaugh_wide-2c0872b034bd4f1095a7b7ac2b740f01d37fc32b-s800-c85.jpg

Brett Kavanaugh is sworn in by Kennedy to be a judge on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 2006. With him are his wife Ashley and President George W. Bush.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2022, 09:44 PM
Just read this article about Brett Kavanaugh on the list:

Rest of article here:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/there_is_something_fishy_about_one_of_trumps_poten tial_supreme_court_nominees_.html

Something fishy indeed. Who pushed Kavanaugh?