PDA

View Full Version : Candidates copying Dr. Paul's responses could also mean...

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
They want him as a Vice President ;)

I doubt he would fall for that though even if he somehow lost the nomination. I would imagine keeping his House seat is more powerful than VP under one of these shills.

coffeewithchess
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
No, they know he will win and are hoping he will ask them to be his VP!

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Really hoping he doesn't fall for that, but he may not have much choice for his vice presidency. Didn't the party force Reagan to have Bush as his VP?

JoeySweets
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I think Tancredo or Romney would be the choices, if We HAD to pic a VP from that field

Cam
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
RP would never accept an offer for VP from any of these posers

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Tancredo or Thompson would probably be the only 'possible' choices. I think Tancredo is very weak. That may actually work for VP. Don't need another Cheney I don't think.

Edit to add: If Tancredo was VP, he could essentially be made the person to handle Immigration since that seems to be his major issue.

JMann
12-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Really hoping he doesn't fall for that, but he may not have much choice for his vice presidency. Didn't the party force Reagan to have Bush as his VP?

They almost pushed Ford on him. I was a young kid and was watching the convention and went to bed late and they had just announced Reagan was going to select Ford and the team would work more like a co-presidency. Woke up the next morning and Reagan settled on Bush. I think Reagan wanted Jesse Helms but felt he would hurt the ticket in a national campaign.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
If it were offered, a VP slot would be good. He could break the tie vote in the Senate and have a big impact on decisions made. If another GOP candidate were to win, they would be wise to ask Ron Paul to be VP to avoid having him run 3rd party.

I still doubt a VP slot would happen.

philistineau
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Jack Cafferty for VP

jjj
12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I second that!

haaaylee
12-12-2007, 10:14 PM
they are copying him because they know their supporters are looking at ron paul, and if they steal some ideas those people won't abandon them for ron paul, it's a weak move.

conner_condor
12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
they are copying him because they know their supporters are looking at ron paul, and if they steal some ideas those people won't abandon them for ron paul, it's a weak move.

Could it be the idiots think if they get the nod for the nomination that they want RP endorsement? It doesn't matter,RP is going to win the nomination. I know it and I can feel it. The ones who are not in the dream world knows this also. The media knows it also.

xao
12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Ron simply needs to say,
"Well it's funny that some people are taking what I've been saying for the past 15 years and trying to copy me. But unfortunately those peoples voting records don't match what they are only now saying. Therefore those flip-floppers cannot be trusted. But I can. My voting record speaks for itself"

Something like this but only in better words/syntax and more to the point.

louisiana4liberty
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Next they will be flopping on the war!

Arek
12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I think we need to go back to the old way of selecting the Vice President, the runner up in the federal election. That would force a split in power, I believe it was made as a check and balance on the executive for it would be possible he'd have to work with someone with differing views. But alas after the fiasco in the election of 1800 they changed that even though Burr received nowhere near as many popular votes as Jefferson he received the same amount of electoral votes.

ignoranceisntbliss
12-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Mike Badnarik for VP'08!
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8321747074978323622

JohnnyWrath
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I think the other candidates trust the poll numbers about as much as we do...what they see is huge groups of Ron supporters everywhere, and few people showing up for them. They want the same energy that Ron has.

FreedomAndLaw
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM

Or maybe they are seeking Ron Paul's support and his supporters in the scenario that Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, and doesn't run on a 3rd party ticket. He said in a FOX post debate interview that he wouldn't support any republican candidate unless they changed their positions, and they appear to be slowly doing that.

hueylong
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
They're not making any substantive changes to their positions. They are just mouthing the words "Constitution" and "Founding Fathers".

Meaningless.

Huey

Thomas Paine
12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Reagan initially wanted Ford as VP in 1980 but then Ford starting asserting that he would be a co-president, which really turned Reagan off. Reagan almost came from behind to defeating Ford in the 1976 GOP Primary who went on to lose to Jimmy Carter and now Ford was brazen enough to assert that he would be an equal to Reagan and select Administration officials, etc. So, Reagan killed the Ford selection and chose Bush Sr instead and the rest is history. They always did say that Ford played football at the University of Michigan one too many times without his helmet.

Thomas Paine
12-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Imitation is the best form of flattery so it is no surprise that the GOP establishment candidates are copying Paul. BTW, I think they are copying Paul because they are hearing through the grass roots grapevine that Dr. Paul's message is resonating with the rank and file. What Dr. Paul should start doing is start every debate answer where appropriate by stating that he is grateful to see so and so adopt his position on taxes, or education, or foreign policy, etc.

Zym
12-14-2007, 03:59 PM
It was amazing how everyone Ron Paul'ed-up for the debate. I think their advisers must have told them he was smacking them down hard on constitutional issues.

The only decent V.P.'s would be either Buchanan, or Judge Pulitano. Actually, I would save Pulitano for the supreme court.

Terrie4RP
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Mike Badnarik for VP'08!
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8321747074978323622

+1

BlueCalico
12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
I third that and motion to accept that nomination. :)

TwiLeXia
12-16-2007, 04:32 AM
yea sad that other candidates will be so lame as to copy ron paul on the issues. but one thing's for sure - the constitution is being brought back to play, and once it is, we will all see who the true champion of the constitution is!!!