PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Keye's insane?

mconder
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Is it just me or is Keye's insane? He's out preaching the Huckster!

RonPaulFTFW
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
well at least they can't call paul the crazy one anymore.....
:p

benhaskins
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
hes somewhat of a beast

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I like it. Now I get to see what would happen if Paul interjected with a whine about not getting enough time. Of course I think Dr. Paul would do it much better.

Rex
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
the guy is nuts

Mental Dribble
12-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Some of what he says is good...

Real_CaGeD
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I like it!

He said there is no terror, the borders are wide open.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Insane enough to legally disown his daughter just because she's a lesbian? Yeah.

mconder
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Insane enough to legally disown his daughter just because she's a lesbian? Yeah.

I thought being Christian means that you help people around you with problems, not alienate them.

jumpyg1258
12-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Keyes is batshit crazy and f-ing annoying. Here's a typical debate with him in it.

Mr. So and So can you tell me why blah blah blah?
Well...
*start keyes ramble and interjection overtop of guy who was asked the question*
WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME! SEE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ME CAUSE IM THE GUY NO ONE LIKES AND CAUSE I PREACH THE WORD OF GOD AND I AM BLACK!
*end keyes ramble*

leipo
12-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Whoa, he comes off as a gay to me.

libertygrl
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Actually, he's been bringing up some issues that Ron Paul has brought up in the past. He's just a better orator. Ron Paul has the better ideas, he just doesn't articuate them as well, which is VERY frustrating!

I think the only reason why he's there is to get his message out to the public. Maybe wake people up to what is happening in government. I don't think he sincerely believes that he's in there to win. Just my opinion.

RonPaulFTFW
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
He isn't a better orator......he sounds like a crazy man.

koob
12-12-2007, 02:39 PM
i think he's a badass. hahah he plugged his website!!

AisA1787
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
The man says what he believes without pandering for votes. That's admirable. If all of the other candidates could be as honest, then Americans would have a much easier time making the right choice about who to vote for.

evadmurd
12-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Is that true? I hadn't heard that.

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Is that true? I hadn't heard that.
It is... look it up.

Here's one article on it:

Marcel-Keyes told the Post her parents have thrown her out of the house, stopped speaking to her and refuse to pay for college because she is gay. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/13/politics/main673732.shtml)

Suzu
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
His name is Keyes not Keye's. And yes, he's completely off his rocker.

BuddyRey
12-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I detest Keyes; he's pompous, self-absorbed, and overwrought, with a staggeringly acute persecution complex. Ron Paul has about a hundred times more justification to bitch about being ignored and marginalized than Keyes does, yet you never hear him do it, because he's a gentleman and isn't seeking attention and self-aggrandizement.

Troyhand
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Plus Keyes' roommate at Harvard and 1988 campaign manager was PNAC-member Neocon-shill Bill Kristol according to Wikipedia.

During his first year of graduate school, Keyes's roommate was Bill Kristol, who later ran Keyes' unsuccessful 1988 U.S. Senate campaign in Maryland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Keyes
Keyes is a strawman meant to turn people away from alternative thinking in politics.

Bossobass
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I detest Keyes; he's pompous, self-absorbed, and overwrought, with a staggeringly acute persecution complex. Ron Paul has about a hundred times more justification to bitch about being ignored and marginalized than Keyes does, yet you never hear him do it, because he's a gentleman and isn't seeking attention and self-aggrandizement.

This is a good answer to those who invariably recommend that RP be more aggressive about the time allotment, in his general delivery of answers and toward the other candidates at the debates.

When you do that, you come across as desperate, with a persecution complex and all those things you mention in this excellent comment.

Ron's been around for decades. He knows how this all works and he's gotten where he is by sticking to his guns and never stooping to the wrong doer's level.

Bosso

AlexMerced
12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Keyes is nuts... I saw him talking about how gay adoptiion lead to incest, which his logic was reasonable enough yet had some serious flaws...

- By his logic ALL ADOPTIONS could possibly lead to incest, yet his position based on this argument is only against gay adoption

- The possibility of what he implies is extremely slim to none, so he'd rather have bunch of orphans that families running around yet he preaches about the importance of family.

Plus all his other really crazy fundamentalist bullshit

i don't mind religon, I heavily encourage it cause of the humanitarian and chartable effects it has on the community. Those that focus on judgement and persecution though are the reason people are beocming more secular.

I'm not very religious, but I heavily defend peoples right to be religious, and do think the seculr lobby has gone a little nuts, but it's because the fundamentalist lobby has as well...

split_lipz
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Why the hell did they invite Keyes? The guy isn't even registering in the polls, is a nuisance, and eats up valuable time.

AlexMerced
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
they want him to do two things, steal the cathlic vote from Paul, and out preach huckabee to Romney and Giuliani can win

HOLLYWOOD
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
As Lawrence Taylor to the Kids about that Great "FOOSBALL" player of the Southeast Louisiana Mud Dogs....

"That brings me to another point Kids... Crack Kills!"

Hurricane Bruiser
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I recall Tancredo interjecting in one debate about time allotment and he did it quite well with no "blowback" if you will. Keyes is just nuts pure and simple even if he does make a few valid points.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
That'd be cool if we could manage to get some "shill candidates" into the debates in order to make Ron Paul look good lol

JosephTheLibertarian
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Actually, he's been bringing up some issues that Ron Paul has brought up in the past. He's just a better orator. Ron Paul has the better ideas, he just doesn't articuate them as well, which is VERY frustrating!

I think the only reason why he's there is to get his message out to the public. Maybe wake people up to what is happening in government. I don't think he sincerely believes that he's in there to win. Just my opinion.

What the fuck? I think Ron Paul is a GREAT orator

sunghoko
12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
He does have some pretty loyal supporters.

But I thought he was incredibly rude today. He can't just pick off the questions he wants to answer. However I wish Ron would speak up sometimes like Keyes. Keyes has chutzpah

He did bomb in Illinois when he ran against Obama and even then he attacked him during the debates.