PDA

View Full Version : Trump Facts

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 05:03 AM
Never let facts get in the way. Just from the past week:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/president-trumps-week-detached-from-reality.html

Monday
At 6 a.m., Trump sought to contrast his immigration policies with Germany's, tweeting crime "is way up" there. German government data show crime at a 25-year-low.

Two hours later, in the wake of a Justice Department report criticizing former FBI director James Comey, Trump called special counsel Robert Mueller "Comey's best friend." No evidence suggests that is true.

To make his economic stewardship sound more impressive, Trump said he has cut more regulation than the US president who served 16 years. No US president has served 16 years.

"The whole world is looking up to the U.S.," he declared, making the country "respected again." Gallup reports that the worldwide image of U.S. leadership is weaker than at any point under presidents George W. Bush or Barack Obama.

Tuesday

Justifying his tariffs, Trump said the US suffers a trade deficit with Canada. U.S. government data shows the opposite.

Citing a newspaper report, Trump said Canadians smuggle shoes from the U.S. to avoid import tariffs. Neither Canada nor the U.S. imposes tariffs on shoes made in the other country.

Trump called himself the first president since Ronald Reagan to achieve a major tax cut. Bush did it twice.

Trump claimed credit for adding 3.4-million jobs since Election Day 2016 – which "nobody would have believed" back then. Since 4.1 million jobs were created in the previous 19 months, the claim makes no sense.

Wednesday
Recounting a meeting with House Republicans, Trump tweeted that "they applauded and laughed loudly" when he demeaned Rep. Mark Sanford, a Trump critic who lost his seat in a primary. GOP lawmakers called the assertion untrue.

Trump falsely said Obama admitted he lacked legal authority for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program even as he implemented. He falsely said wages for US workers had begun rising for the first time in 20 years; they rose during the latter years of Obama's term.

At his packed rally in Duluth, Minnesota, Trump tweeted, at least 10,000 people were turned away. The mayor of Duluth said 2,000 people were turned away.

Thursday

After the Supreme Court allowed states to impose some new online sales taxes, Trump called it a "great victory for consumers." It was not; consumers will pay more.

Justifying his assault on trade agreements, Trump asserted that "nobody ever looked at trade deals" over the previous 25-30 years. Administrations of both parties continually negotiated new trade terms during that time.

Touting the document he and Kim Jong Un signed at their summit, Trump declared, "If people actually read it to the public, you'd see: number one statement, we will immediately begin total denuclearization of North Korea."

The document includes no such commitment. It observes "mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula."

Friday

Throughout the week, Trump justified border policies separating immigrant children from their parents. Without his tough approach, the president said, millions of illegal immigrants would pour into the U.S. and unleash a crime wave.

He invoked the horrors of MS-13 gang members, boasting his administration was deporting them "by the thousands." He closed the week alongside survivors of people killed by illegal immigrants.

That painted a false picture. Illegal immigration across the southern border has been declining for more than a decade. Illegal immigrants, studies show, commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans. MS-13 has roughly 10,000 US members, and authorities told Politifact roughly 1,200 were arrested between Oct. 2016 and the end of 2017.

The president's aides and critics have offered multiple explanations for his misstatements.

He's new to politics, unconventional and sometimes ill-informed. He exaggerates for salesmanship and negotiation – as Trump himself has acknowledged. He is, as GOP Sen. Ted Cruz once charged, a "pathological liar."

Tony Schwartz, who got to know Trump as co-author of their 1987 best-seller Art of the Deal, offers a different explanation. He says narcissism warps Trump's perception of reality about himself and others.

"Every move he makes is a response to this distorted inner world he lives in," Schwartz told me. That condition, he warns, is "getting progressively worse."

oyarde
06-24-2018, 07:05 AM
Going to need to keep an eye out for those canadian shoe smugglers .

spudea
06-24-2018, 07:37 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/president-trumps-week-detached-from-reality.html

Monday
At 6 a.m., Trump sought to contrast his immigration policies with Germany's, tweeting crime "is way up" there. German government data show crime at a 25-year-low.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-24/germanys-migrant-policy-why-trump-was-right

According to the 2017 crime statistics, more than 1,100 foreigners were charged with murder or manslaughter, as opposed to around 1,500 suspects holding German passports. The previous year's statistics showed a similar correlation: 1,137 foreigners were charged with homicide-related crime, compared to 1,638 German suspects. These are staggering numbers given the fact that Germany was home to roughly 10 million foreigners as opposed to 70 million German nationals.

In an article meant as a rebuttal to President Trump's tweets, the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung on June 19, 2018 admitted that the police crime report of 2017 showed a rise in homicide and sexual assault across the country. The Süddeutsche Zeitung, while correctly maintaining that the crime report showed an overall drop of 9.6%, disclosed that, "The number of homicides rose by 3.2%" and "the number of sexual assaults had risen as well."

On June 8, 2018, German public broadcaster Südwestrundfunk (SWR) admitted that there was a "correlation between refugee influx and rising crime."

Concerning violent crimes, the 2017 government crime report found that the police charged 69,163 foreigners for such crimes compared to 112,346 Germans. In 2016, the report showed a ratio of 67,869 non-German, compared to 110,494 for German suspects.

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 01:56 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-24/germanys-migrant-policy-why-trump-was-right

Must be that massive influx of foreigners.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Homicide_Rate_Germany.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-05-09/german-crime-fears-don-t-match-statistics

Germans’ Fears Don’t Match the Crime Statistics

Lawlessness is declining, but that hasn’t brought a better sense of security.

The German crime statistics for 2017 are out, and they show that the country hasn’t been this safe in more than two decades. And yet a large minority of Germans feel less secure than five years ago. This paradox has more to do with psychology than with statistics.

Since the refugee crisis in 2015, the annual data have been hotly debated. The figures for 2017 were no exception, even though Interior Minister Horst Seehofer had good news: Not only did the total number of crimes slide almost 10 percent, to the lowest level since 1992, but violent crime declined by 2.4 percent. Petty crimes were also lower, with an 11.8 percent decline in theft.

More at link.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

Most of the crimes are committed by repeat offenders, and just 1 per cent of migrants account for 40 per cent of migrant crimes, according to the figures.

And half "immigrant crime" is against immigrants. There were 1000 attacks against immigrant centers last year- and that is a decline from the year before.

Violent far-Right crime rose by 14.3 per cent, but attacks on refugee shelters fell from a total of 1,031 in 2015 to 995 — the first drop recorded since data started being collected in 2014.

spudea
06-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Must be that massive influx of foreigners.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-05-09/german-crime-fears-don-t-match-statistics

More at link.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

And half "immigrant crime" is against immigrants. There were 1000 attacks against immigrant centers last year- and that is a decline from the year before.

This is really despicable. Grouping higher homicides with lower petty theft and saying people are safer because total crime is down is really 1984 bullshit.

timosman
06-24-2018, 02:16 PM
This is really despicable. Grouping higher homicides with lower petty theft and saying people are safer because total crime is down is really 1984 bullshit.

Please don't discourage Zippy. :cool:

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 02:17 PM
This is really despicable. Grouping higher homicides with lower petty theft and saying people are safer because total crime is down is really 1984 bull$#@!.

It is true they had 25 more homicides than last year (in a country of 83 million people). Meanwhile they had 4,500 fewer violent crimes.

http://www.dw.com/en/crime-in-germany-drops-10-percent-in-2017-report-shows/a-43485926

Breakdown of crimes

The report found:

There were 5.76 million crimes reported in 2017, 9.6 percent fewer than in 2016.

About one-third of all crimes were theft offenses, dropping by 11.8 percent.

Shoplifting decreased by 6.6 percent, to 353,384 cases, and pickpocketing by 22.7 percent, to 127,376.

33,263 cars and 300,006 bicycles were stolen — down 8.6 and 9.8 percent, respectively.

Burglaries fell 23 percent, to 116,540 cases, although 80 percent of burglaries are still not solved.

Violent crime declined by 2.4 percent, to 188,946 cases, of which 137,058 involved serious bodily injury.

Murders increased by 3.2 percent, to 785 cases.

The number of non-German suspects fell 22.8 percent, to 736,265.

timosman
06-24-2018, 02:21 PM
It is true they had 25 more homicides than last year. Meanwhile they had 50,000 fewer violent crimes.

Make it 5,000 not 50,000. Ooops, an honest mistake.

Violent crime declined by 2.4 percent, to 188,946 cases, of which 137,058 involved serious bodily injury.

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Make it 5,000 not 50,000. Ooops, an honest mistake.

Corrected. Thanks. Immigrants accused of crime fell by 23%.

The drop in crime numbers follows a poll that found about half of Germans believe there are places in the country so lawless that even police will not venture into them. Migrants are often blamed for increased crime rates, despite the Federal Criminal Police's reporting that foreigners are less likely than native-born Germans to commit every category of crime.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Zippy is a great believer in government numbers.

Jamesiv1
06-24-2018, 05:48 PM
The MAGA is strong in the Orange One, and it cannot be weakened by your fake news statistics.

euphemia
06-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Trump is basically stirring the pot. That's how he rolls. Ignore what he says and watch what he does. It's the Art of the Deal. I don't know why you keep posting this stuff, Zippy. Trump has one template. He follows it without fail. He says a lot of stuff and then he does something completely different, and it's what he has been working on all along.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Trump is basically stirring the pot. That's how he rolls. Ignore what he says and watch what he does. It's the Art of the Deal. I don't know why you keep posting this stuff, Zippy. Trump has one template. He follows it without fail. He says a lot of stuff and then he does something completely different, and it's what he has been working on all along.

Yup. Specifically, he says a lot of stuff abut draining the swamp, and then he swims around snapping his alligator jaws onto whatever bit of meat he can.

The question is, is it Zippy who's getting fooled, or you?

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 06:53 PM
Yup. Specifically, he says a lot of stuff abut draining the swamp, and then he swims around snapping his alligator jaws onto whatever bit of meat he can.

The question is, is it Zippy who's getting fooled, or you?
Trump is not perfect but he is doing more good than any other politician around, Rand or Ron might have done better if they had won but they didn't.
You are the one who is fooling yourself because you refuse to admit you were even a little bit wrong.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Trump is not perfect but he is doing more good than any other politician around, Rand or Ron might have done better if they had won but they didn't.
You are the one who is fooling yourself because you refuse to admit you were even a little bit wrong.

He isn't doing any good at all. The only reason you say he is would be Hillary Clinton.

You're just like those bureaucrats who claim that their department's budget is cut because it was going to spend a lot more than last year, but now it's only going to spend a little more than last year. The "projected budget increase" got cut, and they call it a budget cut. That's Trump. He ain't doing shit. Maybe Clinton would have been worse. But that doesn't make Trump good. He's still bad. Very bad.

Someone is fooling himself, all right. And someone is fooling herself. The Art of the Deal. He's screwing us all. But you two are happy because he kissed us first.

oyarde
06-24-2018, 07:31 PM
American media has proven for years facts are not important .

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 07:34 PM
He isn't doing any good at all. The only reason you say he is would be Hillary Clinton.

You're just like those bureaucrats who claim that their department's budget is cut because it was going to spend a lot more than last year, but now it's only going to spend a little more than last year. The "projected budget increase" got cut, and they call it a budget cut. That's Trump. He ain't doing $#@!. Maybe Clinton would have been worse. But that doesn't make Trump good. He's still bad. Very bad.

Someone is fooling himself, all right. And someone is fooling herself. The Art of the Deal. He's screwing us all. But you two are happy because he kissed us first.

TDS has blinded you to all the things he has actually done besides the things he hasn't that Hitlery would have done, I opposed Trump at first but unlike you I can admit when I am wrong so when he actually began doing some good things my position changed, I still would like to replace him with someone better but I can see we are actually better off because of him.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 07:35 PM
American media has proven for years facts are not important .
And that they wouldn't know a fact if it bit them.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 07:41 PM
And that they wouldn't know a fact if it bit them.

Your position has not changed. You were a Vichy Appeaser when you got here, and you're a Vichy Appeaser today.

TheTexan
06-24-2018, 07:42 PM

Where'd you get those "facts" Zippy, the liberal media?

Fake news :cool:

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Your position has not changed. You were a Vichy Appeaser when you got here, and you're a Vichy Appeaser today.

Projection.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Projection.

You were an Appeaser when you got here, and you haven't changed a bit. This site used to be the Heart of the Resistance, and now it's just the Marshal Petain Appreciation Site.

Keep cucksucking your Lesser Evil Dick. That sort of "conservatism" got us in this mess, and you will choke on that cock in the end.

That's a Trump Fact you can take to the Gold Exchange.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 07:56 PM
You were an Appeaser when you got here, and you haven't changed a bit. This site used to be the Heart of the Resistance, and now it's just the Marshal Petain Appreciation Site.

Keep cucksucking your Lesser Evil Dick. That sort of "conservatism" got us in this mess, and you will choke on that cock in the end.

That's a Trump Fact you can take to the Gold Exchange.

I ally with Trump because he serves our purposes and I will support anyone who is better against him, you play footsie with the demonic left and get nothing in return.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 08:02 PM
I ally with Trump because he serves our purposes and I will support anyone who is better against him, you play footsie with the demonic left and get nothing in return.

Trump has been playing footsie with the "Demonic Left" since before either of us was born. And he has gotten his thirty pieces of silver millions of times over.

AngryCanadian
06-24-2018, 08:04 PM
I am not surprised how Zippy is still defending migration.

timosman
06-24-2018, 08:06 PM
I am not surprised how Zippy is still defending migration.

They forgot to take him off payroll.

AngryCanadian
06-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Corrected. Thanks. Immigrants accused of crime fell by 23%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE9zPnq6f-4&t=2s

Yes i am sure those gov official numbers are very true right? like how they are in Sweden?

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Trump has been playing footsie with the "Demonic Left" since before either of us was born. And he has gotten his thirty pieces of silver millions of times over.

I don't care what he did in the past, I only care what is doing in office, I am well aware of his back history and that is why I didn't vote for him but he is not acting in office the way his record would have predicted.
I will still support anyone better against him but right now we are benefiting from him.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't care what he did in the past, I only care what is doing in office, I am well aware of his back history and that is why I didn't vote for him but he is not acting in office the way his record would have predicted.
I will still support anyone better against him but right now we are benefiting from him.

You sure like to blather about practical realities. The practical reality is, the more the Church of the Lesser Evil engages in its Emergency Appeasement, the less of a chance "Anyone Better" ever gets.

That's the thing you don't get, and that's why you get called everything from politically immature to hopelessly stupid.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 08:23 PM
You sure like to blather about practical realities. The practical reality is, the more the Church of the Lesser Evil engages in its Emergency Appeasement, the less of a chance "Anyone Better" ever gets.

That's the thing you don't get, and that's why you get called everything from politically immature to hopelessly stupid.

We can shift things in the right direction until we get where we should be or we can all vote Demoncrat and then launch an actual revolution against the communist police state they will erect without the support of a foreign power.

People aren't going to all wake up one day and vote LP. (especially with the LP doing everything in its power to drive them away)

The odds of success with the second option aren't worth discussing.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 08:26 PM
We can shift things in the right direction until we get where we should be or we can all vote Demoncrat and then launch an actual revolution against the communist police state they will erect without the support of a foreign power.

People aren't going to all wake up one day and vote LP. (especially with the LP doing everything in its power to drive them away)

The odds of success with the second option aren't worth discussing.

Well, that's certainly a statement. But it is not a response to what I said, so I don't know why you quoted my post before you typed that depressing appeasement blather.

All you're really doing here is proving what I said before. Moving more slowly in the wrong direction, and pretending to ourselves it's the "right direction", and patting ourselves on the back for falling for the oldest trick in the book, is how generations of conservatives have delivered us into this hell.

But I've said that a million times and you've never directly addressed it, so naturally you're about to dissemble yet again.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 08:35 PM
Well, that's certainly a statement. But it is not a response to what I said, so I don't know why you quoted my post before you typed that depressing appeasement blather

It directly relates to what you said but you are either too stupid to understand or are playing dumb.

You make perfect the enemy of good and demand an equal level of vehement opposition to Trump, the Swampublicans and the Demoncrats in spite of the vast differences between the three.

The public has shown it is not going to embrace the perfect any time soon but we can get them there if we move them step by step within the range that they will support.

Trump is not the lesser of two evils, he is the least of all possible goods, I will support him until something better comes along, if he succeeds the public's comfort range will have moved in the right direction and they will accept something better the next time.

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 08:49 PM
https://www.lp.org/trump-opposite-libertarian/

Trump is the opposite of a Libertarian

During the 2016 presidential campaign, some libertarian-leaning voters wanted to give Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt. As a candidate, Trump talked about drastic reductions in spending and taxation, along with “draining the swamp” of its career politicians. He said he wanted to reduce spending for defense of other countries and wars of foreign intervention. He even leaned toward allowing states to determine their own marijuana policies. Whatever libertarian impulses Trump the candidate seemed to have, though, his actual performance as president stands in stark contrast. Donald Trump is the opposite of a Libertarian.

During his campaign, Trump said he was “in favor of medical marijuana 100 percent,” and that recreational marijuana policy should be left to the states. On that issue, he sounded moderately libertarian. Once elected, Trump appointed Sen. Jeff Sessions as attorney general. Sessions promptly rescinded the Barack Obama–era Cole Memorandum, a directive from former Deputy Attorney General James Cole that had effectively prevented the federal government from initiating marijuana prosecutions in states that had legalized cannabis.

On March 19, Trump first called for the death penalty to be used against some drug dealers. Sessions took the cue and ran with it.

”At the Department of Justice, we have made ending the drug epidemic a priority,” Sessions said. “We will continue to aggressively prosecute drug traffickers and we will use federal law to seek the death penalty wherever appropriate.”

When Trump visited the Philippines last fall, he went out of his way to praise the tyrannical President Rodrigo Duterte, calling him by his first name and saying they ”had a great relationship.” Duterte is responsible for his government’s alleged extralegal killing of thousands of drug users and dealers, and who has bragged, “At the age of 16, I already killed someone. Just over a look.” Duterte’s spokesman later claimed that it had been meant as a joke.

“The danger that Trump and Sessions pose to peaceful adults who choose to self-medicate or recreate with drugs is no joke,” said Libertarian National Committee Executive Director Wes Benedict. “It’s certainly not libertarian, and it’s offensive to the vast majority of Americans.”

As a presidential candidate, Trump complained that the United States spends too much money on the defense of South Korea, Japan, and NATO countries. He threatened to withdraw troops stationed at the demilitarized zone on the border of North Korea and elsewhere in Asia unless Japan and South Korea increased their compensation for keeping troops there. Trump also threatened to refuse aid for NATO countries that didn’t pay their proscribed 2 percent of GDP to fund NATO. Those all sounded like baby steps in a libertarian direction.

Once elected, what did Trump do? For starters, he got involved in an insult-trading competition with Kim Jong-un, North Korea’s dictator. He named Rep. Mike Pompeo as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and then as secretary of state — the same Pompeo who refers to the National Security Agency’s surveillance operations as ”good and important work,” and who wants to keep the Guantanamo Bay detention camp open. Pompeo has called for “regime change” in Iran and North Korea, which is political jargon for warfare, and thinks that the Iranian nuclear program can be ended with the use of ”under 2,000 sorties to destroy the Iranian nuclear capacity.”

Pompeo also thinks that whistle-blowing hero Edward Snowden ”should be brought back from Russia and given due process, and I think the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence.” He invoked executive privilege for Gina Haspel so that she would not have to testify in the trials of psychologists Bruce Jessen and James Mitchell for their alleged role in developing the CIA’s torturous “enhanced interrogation techniques.” Oh yes, Trump also recently named that same Gina Haspel to replace Pompeo as new director of the CIA.

In addition, Trump named former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton as national security advisor. Bolton was a strong supporter of the disastrous war in Iraq during the George W. Bush administration, and continues to support it to this day. Bolton advocated “regime change” warfare in Libya, which has resulted in massive ongoing chaos and insurgent violence. Failing to learn his lesson from that fiasco, Bolton wants to try the same thing in both Syria and Iran.

“Libertarians are the party of peaceful trade with all nations and entangling alliances with none,” Benedict said. “Trump’s reckless military aggressiveness and trade wars are quite the opposite.”

Trump, unfortunately, has kept two of his worst campaign promises. He promised that the federal government would ignore the responsibility to live within its means, and fulfilled that promise by drastically increasing military spending and maintaining entitlement spending while he cut taxes. The United States is now on track to run trillion-dollar deficits — $3,070 for every man, woman, and child — every year into the foreseeable future.

Trump also promised us a trade war, and has lived up to that pledge by hiking tariffs that will impoverish the American people by raising prices, destroying our export markets, and spurring foreign retaliation.

“Unfortunately, trade wars lead to hot wars,” Benedict said. “The tariffs and boycotts between World War I and World War II demonstrate that beyond a doubt. We also should have expected that Trump would easily be capable of running trillion-dollar deficits. After all, he does have vast personal experience with bankruptcy.”

VIDEODROME
06-24-2018, 08:52 PM
Trump Facts. The Best Facts.

acptulsa
06-24-2018, 08:53 PM
https://www.lp.org/trump-opposite-libertarian/

Trump is the opposite of a Libertarian

And so are you and Swordsmythe. And this site, for the most part.

If the Powers that Be can't censor it, they'll spam it. Right, Zippy?