PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Is Being Too Obtuse

greendiseaser
12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Look,
i am at rapture with this man.

But i think he may be missing the boat with the viewship.

Here are two examples.

1. When asked about which tax he thought is the worst, he predictably answered with the inflation tax. PROBLEM: He NEVER explains this in a way that hits home. You would think he would mention that the dollar has lost 25 cents+ against the euro in the last 4 months alone. Or mention the cost of gold doubling. Basicaly, mention ANYTHING that makes the average american wake up and say "You know what? That man is right. We're getting SCREWED by this tax!" But instead he talks in vagueries about it sounding esoteric and disconected. I know hes right. YOU know hes right. But the American viewer is probably scratching his ass confused, going "inflation TAX"? Huh? WHAT is he talking about? EXPLAIN IT IN ENGLISH RON

2. He was just asked about jobs and exports from Iowa. EVEN I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HIS RESPONSE!!! He spoke so fast, and he threw so much out there that it just all flies in and out your ears leaving you dumbfounded. Pick some key points that ring true and hammer them home damnit!

3. SLOW DOWN.
Every other candidate is taking their time and articulating forcefuly and with confidence. Ron Paul is so worried about being cut off going over that he is spitting words out so fast that even I am getting a little lost.

I love you Ron Paul, but you have to find a way to bring your more "esoteric" points down a level on the Financial-Dork-O-Meter and give the common man a chance of understanding it.

mconder
12-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I think your right. Generally people are completely unaware that this is at the root of our economic problems.

improv241
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM
agreed. he needs to tlk to what people understand....

Gammerus
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I agree, he just isn't doing too well in this debate:(