PDA

View Full Version : White House defends "moral" border policy that leads to separation of families

Zippyjuan
06-15-2018, 12:22 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/live-white-house-press-briefing-today-2018-06-14-live-stream-updates/

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday it's "moral policy" to enforce the law, falsely claiming that federal law mandates the separation of families at the U.S.-Mexico border. In heated exchanges at Thursday's press briefing, Sanders was pressed about remarks by Attorney General Jeff Sessions' at an event in Fort Wayne, Indiana, on Thursday in which he cited the Bible to defend the administration's immigration policy.

"These laws are the same that have been on the books for over a decade and the president is simply enforcing them," Sanders claimed. She added that it's "moral policy to follow and enforce the law." CBS News' Paula Reid noted to Sanders that in fact there is no such law that requires the separation of families at the border.

In April, Sessions announced that the Justice Department would prosecute anyone attempting to cross the border illegally, a "zero tolerance" policy that has resulted in the children being separated from parents. He defended the policy shift in his remarks on Thursday.

"First, illegal entry into the United States is a crime -- as it should be. Persons who violate the law of our nation are subject to prosecution," Sessions said at the event. "I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order. Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves and protect the weak and lawful."

Sanders said she was "not aware" of Sessions' comments but said it was "very biblical to enforce the law."

More at link.

Link to Romans 13: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+13&version=NIV

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I guess God is not Libertarian.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Related: They're too busy doing INTERNAL roadblocks.

There was a government report a few years ago that concluded that internal border patrol roadblocks are ineffective. They concluded that roadblocks at the actual border always work better. I summarized and commented on that report. My comment is below.

“The federal role is to detect and apprehend 30% of major illegal activity [at the border].”

--Richard Stana, General Accountability Office

A recent government report entitled Border Patrol http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d09824.pdf) seems to suggest that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is not as intent on securing our borders because of other priorities. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) states that the goal of DHS is to apprehend just 30% of illegal aliens at the border. The report states, “…the DHS Annual Performance Report for fiscal years 2008-2010 sets a goal for detecting and apprehending about 30 percent of major illegal activity at ports of entry in 2009, indicating that 70 percent of criminals and contraband may pass through the ports and continue on interstates and major roads to the interior of the United States.” GAO spokesman Richard Stana states that this is necessary so as not to interfere with commerce and traffic. He states in a GAO presentation, “The federal role is to detect and apprehend 30% of major illegal activity [at the border].”

This 30% DHS goal is announced in the context of an increasing number of Border Patrol agents: “As of June 2009, the Border Patrol had 19,354 agents nationwide, an increase of 57 percent since September 2006. Of these agents, about 88 percent (17,011) were located in the nine Border Patrol sectors along the southwest border. About 4 percent of the Border Patrol’s agents in these sectors were assigned to [internal non-border] traffic checkpoints, according to the Border Patrol.”

The GAO report discusses the plans of DHS to create a permanent, internal non-border checkpoint in the Tucson Arizona sector, but the Border Patrol’s own statistics show that internal non-border checkpoints are ineffective compared to actual border checkpoints. There were 704,000 interdictions at actual border crossings in 2008; however, there were only 17,000 interdictions at internal non-border checkpoints. This 17,000 figure represents 2.4% of interdictions, but it took 4% of agents to accomplish this goal.

The figures for the Tucson Arizona sector are more dismal than national figures. Actual border interdictions numbered 320,000, but internal non-border checkpoint interdictions numbered 1,800. This means the number of interdictions per agent at the actual border was 116, but the number of interdictions per agent at internal non-border checkpoints was only 8.

The problem is further compounded because Border Patrol statistics are glaringly inaccurate: “Our analysis showed that the actual checkpoint performance results were incorrectly reported for two of the three measures in fiscal year 2007 and for one measure in fiscal year 2008. As a result, the Border Patrol incorrectly reported that it met its checkpoint performance targets for these two measures.”

The DHS proposal for a permanent, internal non-border checkpoint would seem to defy common sense. Illegal aliens and smugglers simply circumvent permanent checkpoints by taking another route. No criminal is going to “check-in” at a post that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Citizens have expressed concern regarding this illegal alien circumvention because “…checkpoint operations cause illegal aliens and smugglers to attempt to circumvent the checkpoint—resulting in adverse impacts to nearby residents and communities, such as private property damage, theft, and littering. These concerns were cited most often by ranchers and residents in areas around checkpoints.”

Border Patrol agents at the actual border also have much more authority than Border Patrol agents at internal nonborder checkpoints: “Border Patrol agents at [actual border] checkpoints have legal authority that agents do not have when patrolling areas away from the border.”

The permanent, internal non-border checkpoint proposed for the Tucson Arizona sector has an estimated price tag of 25-40 million dollars. This is hardly money well spent, considering Border Patrol’s own statistics suggesting internal
checkpoints do not work.

This all leads back to the statement made by government spokesman Richard Stana, which is “The federal role is to detect and apprehend 30% of major illegal activity [at the border].” This statement alone attests to the glaring inefficiency, waste, and intrusion that is the United States federal government.

spudea
06-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Care about separated families Zippy???

Juan Pina was permanently separated from his daughter after she was strangled, raped, and murdered by an illegal alien.
Laura Wilkerson was permanently separated from her son, who was brutally murdered by an illegal alien classmate.
Jamiel Shaw, Sr. was permanently separated from his son, who was tragically murdered by an illegal alien gang member.

timosman
06-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Care about separated families Zippy???

Zippy just tosses the red meat de jour hoping it will ignite doubts in the minds of the undecided.

osan
06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/live-white-house-press-briefing-today-2018-06-14-live-stream-updates/

More at link.

Link to Romans 13: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+13&version=NIV

I can but wonder what might be the payoff for you to post these nonsense articles.

What's in it for you?

fedupinmo
06-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Adult criminals are not housed with juveniles. It's really not that hard to understand...

timosman
06-15-2018, 03:19 PM
I can but wonder what might be the payoff for you to post these nonsense articles.

For over 10 years.:cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-15-2018, 03:26 PM

What's in it for you?

I'd say about 15-20 bucks per hour. Here's a different group doing the same thing*:

[Article title]: Israel to pay students to defend it online

[Excerpts]:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

"Everyone who believes in the cause, and wants to join, can join," he told The Associated Press. He said the office was looking to budget $778,000 for the project, and that the national Israeli student association would select participants from a pool of applicants.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/08/14/israel-students-social-media/2651715/

*There actually was a Zionist on here either working for this project or a similar one. He pretended to do 2007 Florida meet-ups at Paulapalooza, but he was bogus as all get out. The current group is, of course, hardly Zionist, which makes me think it's an Open Society Foundation project (https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants).

Zippyjuan
06-15-2018, 03:47 PM
I'd say about 15-20 bucks per hour.

That's what you get paid? How do I sign up?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-15-2018, 04:04 PM
That's what you get paid? How do I sign up?

No, I don't get paid at all. How do I sign up with your outfit? You don't seem to be getting the job done. You know, those red bars and all.

euphemia
06-15-2018, 04:24 PM
American parents can't leave their children alone for a single second without being accused of abuse. Mexican parents can drag their kids across a hot desert, knowing what they are doing is illegal, and that's not abuse? There are specific border crossing areas where this does not happen. It happens at places where people enter illegally. Parents are detained. Kids are fed and taken care of, then the whole family is sent back home.

It seems to me a person with common sense would get the message they shouldn't do that to their own kids. Stay home.

People can ask for asylum at any port of call. There are specific places where this happens. There is a specific process to it. Again, this is a do your homework kind of situation where people who wish to seek asylum can't be in the process of illegal entry to get it. They have to go to specific places and ask.

Zippyjuan
06-15-2018, 04:40 PM
American parents can't leave their children alone for a single second without being accused of abuse. Mexican parents can drag their kids across a hot desert, knowing what they are doing is illegal, and that's not abuse? There are specific border crossing areas where this does not happen. It happens at places where people enter illegally. Parents are detained. Kids are fed and taken care of, then the whole family is sent back home.

It seems to me a person with common sense would get the message they shouldn't do that to their own kids. Stay home.

People can ask for asylum at any port of call. There are specific places where this happens. There is a specific process to it. Again, this is a do your homework kind of situation where people who wish to seek asylum can't be in the process of illegal entry to get it. They have to go to specific places and ask.

Actually a lot of them are parents bring kids and seeking asylum- turning themselves in at a border check point- not sneaking across. They used to either send the kids to family in the country (if they had somebody) or let the parent out on "parole" awaiting their asylum hearing rather than putting both in separate jails where US taxpayers have to cover their incarceration and expenses.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/13/17458008/immigrant-children-cages-separated-parents-border

The Trump administration needs to find space to temporarily house migrant children — including the hundreds of children a week being separated from their parents at the border. It’s reportedly considering building a “tent city” on a Texas military base to do it.

The Department of Health and Human Services, which is responsible for taking care of “unaccompanied alien children” — a label that’s also applied to children separated from their parents under the Trump administration’s current “zero tolerance” policy — already has 11,000 immigrants under the age of 18 in its custody who haven’t yet been placed with relatives or other sponsors. Most of those are immigrants, usually teenagers, who came without their parents to the US. But a substantial fraction is children, often very young ones, who were taken from their parents at the border. HHS doesn’t have much more room to take immigrant kids — it’s at 95 percent capacity.

It’s more expensive to keep parents in detention while children are under HHS care (or placed with sponsors or fosters) than to keep both in one detention facility.

Which is more humane? To take a child from her parent, keep her in a temporary “tent” for a few days or weeks, and then place her with a relative? Or to keep child and parent together, in detention, for months or years?

Most of the administration’s critics would probably answer that the only humane option is to release the whole family together and find another way to monitor their cases to make sure they show up for their court dates.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/15/17468782/family-separation-border-trump-how-many-kids

The AP acquired internal Department of Homeland Security data on the program, covering the period of April 19 to May 31. Over that time span, 1,995 children were taken from their migrant parents at the border. That’s an average of roughly 48 kids separated from their families per day, often sent into foster homes or held in detention centers.

One Honduran man, Marco Antonio Muñoz, killed himself in his detention cell after Border Patrol agents took his 3-year-old son. According to CNN, Border Patrol agents ripped a woman’s infant daughter from her arms literally while she was breastfeeding. The New York Times reported a heartbreaking story of how one child, referred to only as José, dealt with being separated from his parents and placed in foster care.

“For two days, he didn’t shower, he didn’t change his clothes. I literally had to peel the socks off his feet. They were so old and smelly,” Janice, the name the Times uses refers to José’s foster mother, said. “I realized that he didn’t want anyone to take anything away from him.”

Then there is the psychological impact on the kids. Some may turn into gang members like Trump's feared MS13.

Danke
06-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Why don't they ask for "asylum" in Mexico? We all know why, $$$$

milgram
06-15-2018, 04:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/pgpsN1s.jpg

spudea
06-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Actually a lot of them are parents bring kids and seeking asylum- turning themselves in at a border check point- not sneaking across. They used to either send the kids to family in the country (if they had somebody) or let the parent out on "parole" awaiting their asylum hearing rather than putting both in separate jails where US taxpayers have to cover their incarceration and expenses.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/13/17458008/immigrant-children-cages-separated-parents-border

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/15/17468782/family-separation-border-trump-how-many-kids

Then there is the psychological impact on the kids. Some may turn into gang members like Trump's feared MS13.

In 2010, Joshua Wilkerson was beaten, strangled, tortured until he died, tied up, thrown in a field and set on fire. His killer was brought here illegally by his illegal parents when he was 10 years old, a "dreamer". In his own words "his killing skills took over".

Anti Federalist
06-15-2018, 05:05 PM
They could be allowed in, like millions before, who then march in the streets, demand compensations of all sorts, call me a devil, and demand my "disenfranchisement" or outright extermination.

Fuck off back to wherever you came from, country's full.

I do not care anymore.

Brian4Liberty
06-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Trump is literally ripping babies from incubators and throwing them on the ground. Bernie told me so...

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1007729962529406976

timosman
06-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Trump is literally ripping babies from incubators and throwing them on the ground. Bernie told me so...

This clown should be arrested.:D

angelatc
06-15-2018, 05:14 PM
American parents can't leave their children alone for a single second without being accused of abuse. Mexican parents can drag their kids across a hot desert, knowing what they are doing is illegal, and that's not abuse?

Zippy represents the faction of people who cheer loudly every time CPS rips a family apart.

Brian4Liberty
06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Related: They're too busy doing INTERNAL roadblocks.

There was a government report a few years ago that concluded that internal border patrol roadblocks are ineffective. They concluded that roadblocks at the actual border always work better. I summarized and commented on that report. My comment is below.

Internal roadblocks are a waste of money and destructive of citizen's rights.

Checking job sites where worker eligibility fraud has been reported is far more effective, and less costly.

angelatc
06-15-2018, 05:18 PM
They could be allowed in, like millions before, who then march in the streets, demand compensations of all sorts, call me a devil, and demand my "disenfranchisement" or outright extermination.

Fuck off back to wherever you came from, country's full.

I do not care anymore.

Yes. The immigrants don't actually care, or else they would stay the hell home. Why would they ask for asylum from a place who treats them so disrespectfully?

timosman
06-15-2018, 05:19 PM
Internal roadblocks are a waste of money and destructive of citizen's rights.

Checking job sites where worker eligibility fraud has been reported is far more effective, and less costly.

Local governments are obviously unaware of any of this.:cool:

timosman
06-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Zippy represents the faction of people who cheer loudly every time CPS rips a family apart.

Zippy represents the faction of people who think the requirement to become a US citizen should be being able to fog a mirror.:D

Danke
06-15-2018, 05:22 PM

88% of all Missing Children had at one point been in the U.S. Foster Care System

<span style="caret-color: rgb(17, 17, 17); color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VFtnn6sf0

euphemia
06-15-2018, 05:26 PM

So Zippy wants all the children to be detained along with their parents? Way to go, Zippy. You want all the little children to go to jail.

timosman
06-15-2018, 05:28 PM
So Zippy wants all the children to be detained along with their parents? Way to go, Zippy. You want all the little children to go to jail.

That's where Zippy works.:eek:

Swordsmyth
06-15-2018, 07:18 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. kX5ucA1t7oljO3mUGdIFxwHaE8%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

euphemia
06-15-2018, 07:24 PM
The immorality is on the part of the Mexican government. They have been corrupt my whole lifetime. Their people are the ones who death march their kids across the hot desert without food or water. It's obscene.

timosman
06-15-2018, 07:30 PM
The immorality is on the part of the Mexican government. They have been corrupt my whole lifetime. Their people are the ones who death march their kids across the hot desert without food or water. It's obscene.

Trump should talk to Nieto to end this shit. Might be cheaper than paying for the wall.

euphemia
06-15-2018, 07:37 PM
I can't believe people put their children through such abuse. Nobody ever thinks of that. American kids aren't even allowed to be exposed to feelings they don't like, but it's perfectly fine to make Mexican toddlers walk across deserts with no water or food.

Where are you now, Zippy? Did this ever occur to you? Do you sleep well at night? Why are you not down there handing out water?

euphemia
06-15-2018, 07:40 PM
And the United States is held accountable for the corruption of Mexico. Well known for over half a century.

It just goes to show you that even at its worst, no other nation is the moral equivalent of the United States. Nobody here sends their kids into large groups of people holding live grenades. This happened in Vietnam in the 60s. Islamists strap bombs to their kids or makes their kids assassinate people.

Find those articles, Zippy.

Zippyjuan
06-15-2018, 07:47 PM

Children should not be punished for the crimes of their parents.

Swordsmyth
06-15-2018, 07:54 PM

They shouldn't be rewarded for them either.

euphemia
06-15-2018, 07:55 PM
They have already been punished by the time they get to the border. They do the death march in 100 degree temperatures with out food and water. Their parents force them to do that. At least the poor kids get a break while their monster parents are in jail.

timosman
06-15-2018, 08:00 PM
They have already been punished by the time they get to the border. They do the death march in 100 degree temperatures with out food and water. Their parents force them to do that. At least the poor kids get a break while their monster parents are in jail.

What's the likelihood of a parent like this willing to sell their children to pedophiles?

euphemia
06-15-2018, 08:04 PM
They have to pay the coyotes somehow.

Brian4Liberty
06-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Local governments are obviously unaware of any of this.:cool:

Alas, they used this to shutdown one of my favorite Mexican Restaurant and Bars. The popularity of the location led to late night Police calls, so the city all of a sudden had an urge to enforce immigration law.

Marenco
06-15-2018, 11:17 PM

What's in it for you?

Take it easy on Zippy, he's a dedicated member of this community and works hard all through the weekend as well... :D

Anti Federalist
06-15-2018, 11:26 PM

No, they shouldn't.

Which is why this happening.

Is it the position of people that are upset over this that the children should be sent to adult prison along with their parents?

Because that is what would happen if you did not separate them.

spudea
06-16-2018, 03:10 AM

Children are not a visa or a get out of jail free card. Follow the law.

devil21
06-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Hold on! Hold the phone! Wait.

ZIPPY (and TheCount) was one of the peanut gallery that mocked the reports of Texas Walmarts being converted into holding facilities back during the Jade Helm discussion!! Now, Zippy is posting threads criticizing the internment of people into CONVERTED WALMART HOLDING FACILITIES IN TEXAS!

This thread can not continue until Zippy and TheCount apologizes for mocking those of us that commented on the Walmart stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7y1qBtMrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UhnHxyn4hU

eta: still waiting!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-16-2018, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7y1qBtMrs

First 20 seconds: "And this is a former Walmart that has been turned into a center for children."

ZIPPY was one of the peanut gallery that mocked the reports of Texas Walmarts being converted into holding facilities back during the Jade Helm discussion!!

You won't be seeing Zipper John any more. The last thing he wants to do here is discuss anything. He's off to the next big thread. Cha-ching!

`

timosman
06-16-2018, 10:55 AM

Tell that to the diversity crowd.:cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-16-2018, 10:57 AM

Tell that to the parents instead of using kids as pawns.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 11:12 AM

More at link.

Zippy.... Yes, this is all total bVLLcRAP from our w.h in d.c and yes, if only by
osmosis despite all your red demerits, by simply being here you are more loving
of freedom than that pack of syncophants can ever be, keep it up and eventually
you too can convert over to Libertarianism proper and be highly moral & ethical.

timosman
06-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Zippy.... Yes, this is all total bVLLcRAP from our w.h in d.c and yes, if only by
osmosis despite all your red demerits, by simply being here you are more loving
of freedom than that pack of syncopanths can ever be, keep it up and eventually
you too can convert over to Libertarianism proper and be highly moral & ethical.

Zippy needs to try all the other options first.:cool:

AuH20
06-16-2018, 11:17 AM

$#@! off back to wherever you came from, country's full.

I do not care anymore.

http://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Argentina-Locust.jpg

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 12:05 PM
http://allthatsinteresting.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Argentina-Locust.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXaaTQztoI0

Zippyjuan
06-16-2018, 12:54 PM
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/immigrant-family-separation-jeff-sessions-doj-says-trump-is-to-blame.html

Trump’s DOJ Contradicts His Claim That Democrats Are to Blame for Family Separation

r to blame someone else for his administration’s brutal policy of separating immigrant children from their parents at the border. The president has repeatedly blamed Democrats for the practice, declaring that “their law” requires a family separation policy and even tweeting that Democrats themselves are “forcing the breakup of families at the Border.” Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has affirmed Trump’s position, insisting that family separation is “the law, and that’s what the law states.” House Speaker Paul Ryan agreed, claiming that the administration was merely following a court ruling.

These allegations, of course, are absolutely false. There is simply no law or court order that requires the U.S. government to snatch children, including babies and toddlers, from their parents. Indeed, Trump’s own Department of Justice—headed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who vigorously defends family separation—has acknowledged in court that Trump and Sessions created the policy. These documents plainly reveal what Trump wishes to deny: He is the reason for the forced breakup of these families, and he can halt it anytime he pleases.

Sessions’ DOJ acknowledged this fact while defending the government against a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU argued that the Trump administration’s new policy violated immigrant families’ constitutional rights. In response, the DOJ argued that the federal court had no authority to review the policy’s legality, because federal law prohibits courts from reviewing the government’s determination “on where to detain aliens” in ICE custody. This decision, the law explains, falls within the “discretion” of “the Attorney General” and “the Executive.” And their “discretionary” conclusions, the DOJ asserted, are “not judicially reviewable.”

As attorney Max Kennerly has noted, this argument directly contradicts Trump’s denial of responsibility. At the heart of the administration’s family separation policy is its “zero tolerance” rule, which compels the criminal prosecution and imprisonment of adult immigrants who enter the country without authorization. Previously, relatively few immigrants were prosecuted for unauthorized entry (which is only a misdemeanor); most families intercepted at the border were placed in immigrant detention centers, then released on bond. Under the new rule, when families arrive at the border, parents are locked in federal prison. Their children obviously cannot accompany them, so they are packed into “shelters” like converted Walmarts—and, soon, tent cities.

Trump officials, along with Paul Ryan, have alleged that the 1997 Flores settlement agreement compels family separation. That, too, is patently false. The Flores settlement requires the government to release immigrant children from detention without unnecessary delay; to keep them in the “least restrictive” setting possible if it continues to detain them; and to take good care of those children who remain in custody. Absolutely nothing in Flores advises, let alone requires, the forcible division of parents and children at the border.

Rather, as the DOJ has noted in federal court, immigration agents are separating families solely at the direction of Sessions, who is implementing Trump’s policy preferences. If Trump directed Sessions to scrap the “zero tolerance” rule, family separation could stop, and children could be reunited with their parents. The president, however, refuses to do so. Instead, he is holding some 2,000 immigrant children hostage in an effort to goad Congress into passing a bill that strictly limits legal immigration and funds a physical border wall. Until Trump abandons “zero tolerance,” these children, and many more to come, will stay trapped in tents and warehouses, with no parents to comfort them and no end to their trauma in sight.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:00 PM
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/immigrant-family-separation-jeff-sessions-doj-says-trump-is-to-blame.html

Trump and Sessions came up with this.
It is not a longstanding policy. Period.
Correct me if I am wrong, but at the
height of WW2 at least FDR did not try
to fragment apart the families of the
Japanese-American citizens who had
to leave their homes on the West Coast.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:01 PM
Earl Warren had been governor of California when the war broke out.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Technically, Donald John Trump has high odds of choosing to be much more
deliberately cruel than FDR was when he had those families sent into camps.

Zippyjuan
06-16-2018, 01:05 PM
He has also said "Democrat lawmakers can change the law anytime they want to and end this." Noting that Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the White House.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:14 PM
He has also said "Democrat lawmakers can change the law anytime they want to and end this." Noting that Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the White House.

The BLUE WAVE (((if it arrives in full after this November))) may have an impact like the
infamous bi-election of 1866 in that Congress can be controlled by the opposition to the
sitting president. To override a string of vetoes, votes would be done. We'd all have a
modern equivalency of the late 1860s. Unlike things right now. IF the blue wave is BIG.

spudea
06-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Trump and Sessions came up with this.

Yep Democrats don't want to change it, its just a political scoreboard for them. In 2012 25000 children were detained from their family's by the Obama admin. Here's your leader Zippy:

https://youtu.be/zOXdDnyS9AE

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 01:15 PM
The BLUE WAVE, ...if it arrives in full after this November, shall have an impact like the
infamous bi-election of 1866 in that Congress is to be controlled by the opposition to the
sitting president. To override a string of vetoes, votes would be done. We'd all have a
modern equivalency of the late 1860s. Unlike things right now. IF the blue wave is BIG.

Blue Ebb Tide.

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:19 PM
Blue EBB Tide ...or.... BLUE Wave

................let's vote..............

Zippyjuan
06-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Yep Democrats don't want to change it, its just a political scoreboard for them. In 2012 25000 children were detained from their family's by the Obama admin. Here's your leader Zippy:

A total of 25,000 unaccompanied children were captured at the border in 2012 but they were not forcefully separated from parents. They were supposed to be released within 72 hours. Those from Mexico were supposed to be deported immediately.

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/thousands-children-deported-back-mexico/story?id=19816086

Nearly 14,000 unaccompanied minors were apprehended in U.S. and sent back to Mexico in 2012 alone, and nearly 25,000 unaccompanied children total were apprehended by U.S. border patrol in the same fiscal year. That's a 204% increase in such crossings from 2008.

So, why are so many kids coming to the U.S. alone?

Many do so to escape domestic abuse, political turmoil and human trafficking, while others are simply seeking to reunite with their family members already in the states, according to Wendy Young, the president of Kids In Need of Defense (KIND), an organization which provides pro-bono legal representation to unaccompanied minors.

"Kids don't just travel across international borders unless there is something wrong with their life," said Young.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/13/migrant-children-housing-conditions/10402609/

Under federal law, the unaccompanied children are supposed to be turned over to HHS within 72 hours. Most are then reunited with parents or other relatives already living in the United States.

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 01:29 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. kX5ucA1t7oljO3mUGdIFxwHaE8%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:31 PM
yikes. Swordsmyth just aged
into a grumpy PO'ed old coot.
homesteading on the RPFs!!!

Aratus
06-16-2018, 01:33 PM
A total of 25,000 unaccompanied children were captured at the border in 2012 but they were not forcefully separated from parents. They were supposed to be released within 72 hours. Those from Mexico were supposed to be deported immediately.

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/thousands-children-deported-back-mexico/story?id=19816086

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/13/migrant-children-housing-conditions/10402609/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

spudea
06-16-2018, 01:58 PM

So according to you, children that were not with their parents, but eventually reunited with their parents, were not separated from their parents at any time by the government?

I swear you keep posting here just for the neg rep.

euphemia
06-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Funny, Zipster. I've been on this board since 2009, and I do not recall any kind of posts about articles like these:

Boko Haram Storms Girls’ School in Nigeria, Renewing Fears (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/world/africa/nigeria-kidnapping-boko-haram-dapchi.html)

As many as 200 girls abducted by Boko Haram, Nigerian officials say

These poor girls' parents (if they have any) didn't do anything criminal except send them to school.

Zippyjuan
06-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Funny, Zipster. I've been on this board since 2009, and I do not recall any kind of posts about articles like these:

Boko Haram Storms Girls’ School in Nigeria, Renewing Fears (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/world/africa/nigeria-kidnapping-boko-haram-dapchi.html)

As many as 200 girls abducted by Boko Haram, Nigerian officials say

These poor girls' parents (if they have any) didn't do anything criminal except send them to school.

Those are tragic and traumatic stories too.

euphemia
06-16-2018, 06:53 PM
So, what's your point? It's different when the girls are black?

euphemia
06-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Or that the Mexican parents are so ignorant that the US border policies somehow take them by surprise?

euphemia
06-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Think about it Zip. Small mindedness does not become you. There has to be a principle holding it all together. State your principle. Put the politics aside.

Zippyjuan
06-16-2018, 07:16 PM
So, what's your point? It's different when the girls are black?

No, it isn't. But in one case it is the US government tearing families apart- in another it is a warring group. Neither should be happening. However, I get the impression that you think the government doing it is OK.

euphemia
06-16-2018, 07:34 PM
No, I think the Mexican parents know what is going to happen at the border and they are using it as propaganda. They are child abusers of the worst sort and don't deserve to have their children back. I take better care of dogs than they do of their kids.

It offends me no end that you use child abuse for propaganda, too.

thoughtomator
06-16-2018, 07:54 PM
How do you know these are families and not children being trafficked for sex?

euphemia
06-16-2018, 08:02 PM
There is that.

What I'm trying to point out to Zippy is:

1. He has a very narrow point of view and the feigned compassion does not fool anyone.

2. It is not in the nature of government or political groups to be moral. There is not a moral government on the face of the earth. The immorality just manifests in different ways.

3. When people use immorality as propaganda, guess what that makes them?

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 08:12 PM
http://nm-ccw.com/images/1-PorkChopPanties.jpg

euphemia
06-16-2018, 08:13 PM
How do you know these are families and not children being trafficked for sex?

And I want to address the idea of little kids supposedly walking due north for hundreds of miles without any kind of supervision and magically appearing at a specific checkpoint. Mexican education does not exist in poor areas. But somehow little kids know that there is this big Promised Land to the north and they automatically know which way to go until they get there? How does that even happen? Nine out of 10 American kids can't tell you which way is north even thought they all have smartphones with GPS baked right in.

The Mexican government is sending these people here. Everyone knows what will happen. Sheesh. What kind of idiot sees people going into detention and stays in line? It defies all logic.

Propaganda.

The Mexican government depends on all the money that is wired from ex-pats working in the US. I have not stood in line at a bank in ten years without waiting behind someone wiring money to Mexico. Without that cash flowing into the country, the Mexican economy would utterly collapse.

spudea
06-16-2018, 08:19 PM
No, it isn't. But in one case it is the US government tearing families apart- in another it is a warring group. Neither should be happening. However, I get the impression that you think the government doing it is OK.

parent commits crime, parent goes to jail, too bad kid left behind, it happens every day because parents don't follow the law. If you are suggesting foreign nationals can enter our country in violation of our laws with no consequence, you are advocating for open borders, and no country at all.

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 08:19 PM
And I want to address the idea of little kids supposedly walking due north for hundreds of miles without any kind of supervision and magically appearing at a specific checkpoint. Mexican education does not exist in poor areas. But somehow little kids know that there is this big Promised Land to the north and they automatically know which way to go until they get there? How does that even happen? Nine out of 10 American kids can't tell you which way is north even thought they all have smartphones with GPS baked right in.

The Mexican government is sending these people here. Everyone knows what will happen. Sheesh. What kind of idiot sees people going into detention and stays in line? It defies all logic.

Propaganda.

The Mexican government depends on all the money that is wired from ex-pats working in the US. I have not stood in line at a bank in ten years without waiting behind someone wiring money to Mexico. Without that cash flowing into the country, the Mexican economy would utterly collapse.

South of the border, Grupo Beta is seen as a humanitarian organization that steers north-bound migrants through the crossfire of warring drug cartels. But in Texas, many view it as part of a pipeline that sends humans and drugs pouring into the U.S., all with the funding and backing of the Mexican government.
Grupo Beta, supported by Mexico’s National Institute of Migration, may be the sole bastion of relief for migrants in Tamaulipas state, across the border from the southeast Texas region which includes such cities as Brownsville, Laredo and McAllen. The 25 year-old agency was created to help Tijuana deal with huge numbers of migrants passing through, but has since expanded its reach across both the northern and southern borders of Mexico. Critics say the agency, whose motto “vocation, humanitarianism and loyalty,” is complicit in breaking U.S. laws.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/26/mexican-border-agency-seen-as-aiding-illegal-immigration.html

euphemia
06-16-2018, 08:32 PM
It is very easy for liberals to live in their segregated isolation and think it's okay for this stuff to go on. They never see it and are okay as long as it does not touch them. Come here and live in my neighborhood for one month. All that baloney compassion will turn around. I have compassion for the people who are abused. They should never come here. It only makes things worse.

Swordsmyth
06-16-2018, 08:35 PM
It is very easy for liberals to live in their segregated isolation and think it's okay for this stuff to go on. They never see it and are okay as long as it does not touch them. Come here and live in my neighborhood for one month. All that baloney compassion will turn around. I have compassion for the people who are abused. They should never come here. It only makes things worse.

Don't forget those who profit from it and then turn around and play holier than thou to profit again.

euphemia
06-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Yeah, don't get me started on exploitation. I spent a long time in travel and tourism. The hospitality industry chews up low skill labor and spits it out. It's great for people who have education and want to improve their English so they can move on, but for people who have no skills, their tools will be mops and toilet brushes forever.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2018, 11:47 AM
No, I think the Mexican parents know what is going to happen at the border and they are using it as propaganda. They are child abusers of the worst sort and don't deserve to have their children back. I take better care of dogs than they do of their kids.

It offends me no end that you use child abuse for propaganda, too.

So you would be willing to leave where you lived, had a job, family, and friends, walk thousands of miles for weeks on end in hot weather with limited food and water risking getting beaten, robbed, or raped or even killed along the way just to try to make another countries government look bad.

timosman
06-17-2018, 12:19 PM
So you would be willing to leave where you lived, had a job, family, and friends, walk thousands of miles for weeks on end in hot weather with limited food and water risking getting beaten, robbed, or raped or even killed along the way just to try to make another countries government look bad.

Look in the mirror, Zippy. Nobody knows what has been driving you for the last 10 years.:cool:

timosman
06-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Please do not reply with Thank you for your ...

euphemia
06-17-2018, 12:29 PM
A total of 25,000 unaccompanied children were captured at the border in 2012 but they were not forcefully separated from parents. They were supposed to be released within 72 hours. Those from Mexico were supposed to be deported immediately.[/url]

So basically it's really the Mexican government separating children from their parents. Well, now we have finally gotten to the truth.

Checkmate.

TheCount
06-17-2018, 12:40 PM
So basically it's really the Mexican government separating children from their parents. Well, now we have finally gotten to the truth.

Checkmate.

wat

spudea
06-17-2018, 12:49 PM

The individuals are being exploited by the people funding it. The human traffickers don't give a damn, they even perpetrate the sex crimes, i.e. "you have to be raped in order to continue the journey" or "you have to work as a sex slave for 10 years when you get to the US to pay off your debt". Why do you support sex crimes Zippy? Please listen to your leader and tell these people DO NOT COME.

https://youtu.be/zOXdDnyS9AE

euphemia
06-17-2018, 12:49 PM

I would not be willing to do this. If I'm waiting in line at the mall and I see the cashier up front is punching customers in the face, I get out of line.

But who knows what the most corrupt government in the Western Hemisphere would do to make it happen. If they gave two poops about their citizens there would be schools, clean water, safe streets, and jobs. They send these people here knowing full well what will happen. If the Mexican government gave a flip they would blockade the roads themselves to keep people from doing it.

It's all for propaganda. Game over.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2018, 12:51 PM

Checkmate.

Actually most of them were NOT from Mexico but Honduras and Guatemala. Parents trying to get kids to a safer place- some being sent to family already in the US. Their government was not splitting up families.

euphemia
06-17-2018, 12:54 PM
Whatever.

Why are things so dangerous people think they have to flee to the Mexican border? Because Mexico won't let them stay?

Anti Federalist
06-17-2018, 12:57 PM
No, it isn't. But in one case it is the US government tearing families apart- in another it is a warring group

Outside of Debtor's Prisons, at what point in time in US or even Western Jurispredence, have accused or convicted criminals been allowed to bring their families to jail with them?

Are you suggesting the return of the notion of whole families being sent to prison due to the criminal acts of the parents?

However, I get the impression that you think the government doing it is OK.

Yup.

Said it before and I'll say it again, you and your kids, piss off back to wherever you came from.

Country's full.

euphemia
06-17-2018, 01:04 PM
This is what is happening at the Mexican border. They should be stopped there.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Outside of Debtor's Prisons, at what point in time in US or even Western Jurispredence, have accused or convicted criminals been allowed to bring their families to jail with them?

Are you suggesting the return of the notion of whole families being sent to prison due to the criminal acts of the parents?

Yup.

Said it before and I'll say it again, you and your kids, piss off back to wherever you came from.

Country's full.

Crossing the border is a misdemeanor- not a felony. In the past, they were released while they awaited their hearings. If we want to lock up everybody accused of misdemeanors and "enforce the laws" we must also put all litterbugs and jaywalkers into our jails too at taxpayer expense.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/46654-annual-cost-detaining-illegal-alien-exceeds-average-american

$46,654: Annual Cost of Detaining Illegal Alien Exceeds Average American Income

The federal government paid a “bed rate” of $127.82 per day to house each illegal alien detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement in fiscal 2016, according to ICE data published in a new report by the Government Accountability Office.

Even if you do not count the extra day in that leap year, that works out to $46,654.30 for each detention bed occupied by an illegal alien for 365 days.

The approximately $46,654 it cost to house a detained illegal alien for 365 days in fiscal 2016 was approximately $104 more than the average income for Americans 15 and older that year—which, according to Census Bureau Table PINC-01, was $46,550.

Assuming that the $133.99 “bed rate” for fiscal 2018 is accurate, that means it will cost the federal government $48,906.35 to detain an illegal alien for 365 days this year.

And that is to keep them here. What about the ones deported?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news/economy/deportation-costs-undocumented-immigrant/index.html

How much it costs ICE to deport an undocumented immigrant

President Trump has said he wants to deport two to three million criminal undocumented immigrants. While it's unclear where he got that figure from, achieving his goal won't come cheap.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is one of two agencies within the Department of Homeland Security that's already playing a pivotal role in enacting Trump's mission. One of ICE's main jobs is to apprehend undocumented immigrants who have received their final deportation orders or who have failed to report to the agency as instructed.

During fiscal 2016, ICE spent $3.2 billion to identify, arrest, detain and remove undocumented immigrants, according to the Department of Homeland Security. ICE handled some 240,000 of the roughly 450,000 total deportations that took place last year. (Customs and Border Patrol was responsible for the rest. It also arrests and deports undocumented immigrants, but mainly as they try to enter the U.S.)

Each deportation conducted by ICE cost taxpayers an average of $10,854 in fiscal 2016, an official from the agency told CNNMoney. This amount includes everything from housing and feeding a detainee to transporting him back to his home country.

Details at the link.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Fuck these Bolshevik hypocrites right to the ground.

Where the fuck were any of these people when the government, directed by Clinton and Reno, was burning down and machine gunning children and their parents, a great many of which were "people of color" (yeah, that fact tends to get lost a lot as well) at Waco, Texas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8UbTVIhOc

Zippyjuan
06-17-2018, 01:13 PM
$#@! these Bolshevik hypocrites right to the ground.

Where the $#@! were any of these people when the government, directed by Clinton and Reno, was burning down and machine gunning children and their parents, a great many of which were "people of color" (yeah, that fact tends to get lost a lot as well) at Waco, Texas?

Government going after one group bad. Reduce the police state! Government going after another group good. Expand the police state!

Swordsmyth
06-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Government going after one group bad. Government going after another group good.

One group is composed of foreign invaders, the other group was composed of innocent citizens.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Crossing the border is a misdemeanor- not a felony. In the past, they were released while they awaited their hearings. If we want to lock up everybody accused of misdemeanors and "enforce the laws" we must also put all litterbugs and jaywalkers into our jails too at taxpayer expense.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/46654-annual-cost-detaining-illegal-alien-exceeds-average-american

Drunk driving is a misdemeanor as well.

Yet you will, in almost every case, in all 50 states, go to jail.

Should the kids go to the drunk tank as well?

I didn't set this fucking mess in motion, I wanted everybody to live and let live, I wanted freedom and peace and prosperity.

Nobody else wants that.

They want me and my family gone instead, and the more extreme of the Bolshevik and immigrant left have openly called for extermination of me and mine.

Do they mean it? Is it just bullshit and hyperbole? Should I take it seriously?

I don't know, and I don't care anymore.

Or, put another way, as another poster noted...

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshal."

spudea
06-17-2018, 01:20 PM

"In the past" then you site 2016 figures of detainees under the Obama admin....

All you are doing is highlighting the immense and increasing size of the problem and yet you continue to encourage foreign nationals to violate our laws, further perpetuating the problem, supporting human traffickers and slave traders. Just come out and say it, your solution is open borders and no country.

Swordsmyth
06-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Illegals are a flight risk, releasing them into the country they shouldn't be in is idiocy.

And that is to keep them here. What about the ones deported?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news/economy/deportation-costs-undocumented-immigrant/index.html

Details at the link.

This would be cheaper:

Swordsmyth
06-17-2018, 01:23 PM
yikes. Swordsmyth just aged
into a grumpy PO'ed old coot.
homesteading on the RPFs!!!

I was born this grumpy and old.

I do not suffer fools and villains well.

Weakness is not license to break all the rules and we have a right to defend our territory for the benefit and protection of our citizens.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Government going after one group bad. Reduce the police state! Government going after another group good. Expand the police state!

Yup, damn right.

Get this straight, I don't care anymore about holding a consistent opinion.

Nobody gives a fuck about the police state. Nobody holds a consistent opinion against it.

All sides just want more of it.

And more importantly, all sides want to have their hands on the control levers of it.

So therefore I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent my enemies from getting control of it, since nobody, even here among our merry band of refuseniks, has any desire to get rid of it.

Zippyjuan
06-17-2018, 06:48 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/politics/melania-trump-children-separated-immigration/index.html

Melania Trump 'hates to see' children separated from their families at borders

In a rare statement on a policy issue, first lady Melania Trump weighed in through her spokeswoman on the immigration crisis taking place at America's borders.

"Mrs. Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform," her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, told CNN on Sunday. "She believes we need to be a country that follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart."

Trump, who has made helping children the crux of her official "Be Best" platform as first lady, had yet to discuss the state of families and immigration, a topic that has been prominent in headlines for days.

A Trump administration policy now charges every adult caught crossing the border illegally with federal crimes, as opposed to referring those with children mainly to immigration courts, as previous administrations did. Because the government is charging the parents in the criminal justice system, children are separated from them, without a clear procedure for their reunification aside from hotlines the parents can call to try to track their children down.

The policy to refer all adults for charges was publicly announced May 7, but the Justice Department announced it would prosecute 100% of the cases referred to it at the beginning of April.

Nearly 2,000 children have been separated from their parents and guardians and placed into holding facilities between April 19 and May 31 of this year, Department of Homeland Security spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters Friday on a conference call.

The public outcry in the wake of images and stories of the children caught in the middle of the controversial immigration policy has sparked fierce debate.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly blamed the Democrats for the situation despite his administration instituting the policy change.

"Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change!" he tweeted on Saturday. "This is why we need more Republicans elected in November. Democrats are good at only three things, High, High Crime and Obstruction. Sad!"

Danke
06-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Drunk driving is a misdemeanor as well.

Yet you will, in almost every case, in all 50 states, go to jail.

Should the kids go to the drunk tank as well?

I didn't set this fucking mess in motion, I wanted everybody to live and let live, I wanted freedom and peace and prosperity.

Nobody else wants that.

They want me and my family gone instead, and the more extreme of the Bolshevik and immigrant left have openly called for extermination of me and mine.

Do they mean it? Is it just bullshit and hyperbole? Should I take it seriously?

I don't know, and I don't care anymore.

Or, put another way, as another poster noted...

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshal."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKopy74weus

spudea
06-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Zippyjuan

https://i.imgur.com/Ln9shFg.jpg

euphemia
06-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Indeed. The immorality is how the children are treated before they ever reach the border.

Influenza
06-18-2018, 09:43 AM
At least Mr. Sessions admits the actual meaning of Romans 13, unlike the cognitive dissonant masses of libetarian-christians

timosman
06-18-2018, 09:49 AM

Aratus
06-18-2018, 11:01 AM

One simple thought concerning a mother and her small children, do a DNA test.
Someone who is a total stranger who kidnapped the children in question then has
to explain what they were doing and where the children came from for starters.

devil21
06-18-2018, 11:12 AM
One simple thought concerning a mother and her small children, do a DNA test.
Someone who is a total stranger who kidnapped the children in question then has
to explain what they were doing and where the children came from for starters.

Given the proclivities of our ruling class, I'm not sure the adults the kids came with are the sex traffickers you should be worrying about. Having 1000's of "trainable" children separated from families, handed over to NGOs for undetermined lengths of time inside secure facilities that even sitting US Senators can't access?

It's not like there's evidence of child sex trafficking or histories of MK-ULTRA and the like to draw comparisons from...

AuH20
06-18-2018, 11:51 AM
The left and the neocons don't care about the poor and downtrodden from central America. This is purely political based virtue signaling at the expense of Trump.

euphemia
06-18-2018, 04:08 PM
And the left are happy when American parents are separated from their children. CPS takes kids from their families all the time based on no evidence.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-18-2018, 04:27 PM
At least Mr. Sessions admits the actual meaning of Romans 13, unlike the cognitive dissonant masses of libetarian-christians

Spoken like a true progressive infiltrator. Welcome back to the forum!

Occam's Banana
06-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Fuck these Bolshevik hypocrites right to the ground.

Where the fuck were any of these people when the government, directed by Clinton and Reno, was burning down and machine gunning children and their parents, a great many of which were "people of color" (yeah, that fact tends to get lost a lot as well) at Waco, Texas?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Country's full.

Nobody gives a fuck about the police state. Nobody holds a consistent opinion against it.

All sides just want more of it.

And more importantly, all sides want to have their hands on the control levers of it.

https://i.imgur.com/dMMja7D.jpg

;):D

Dary
06-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Go suck an egg Laura Bush.

If one of these illegals were to run a stop sign and kill someone, do you think they'd get any jail time?

AuH20
06-18-2018, 08:59 PM

AuH20
06-18-2018, 09:02 PM
<Gulp!>

Swordsmyth
06-18-2018, 09:15 PM
<Gulp!>

This one doesn't show on this site for me or on any of my search engines, can you post the web address?

Danke
06-18-2018, 09:32 PM

I think when he leaves the White House I'll apply to be his pilot (I am type rated in the 757). But under one condition, he allows me to take along my sidekick Injun to do the catering. We will call him "Tonto,"

that will make it easy for everyone to remember his name when that want a refill.

Occam's Banana
06-19-2018, 10:00 AM
I think when he leaves the White House I'll apply to be his pilot (I am type rated in the 757). But under one condition, he allows me to take along my sidekick Injun to do the catering. We will call him "Tonto,"

that will make it easy for everyone to remember his name when that want a refill.

Are you sure you want to give an Injun access to your firewater?

AuH20
06-19-2018, 11:37 AM
And there we have it. Game Over.

Big balls.

Swordsmyth
06-19-2018, 05:18 PM
But on Monday, in a rare instance of commentary that cuts through the shrill cacophony of voices ready to set up new Nuremberg trials, a prominent immigration attorney and civil rights activist took to twitter to reveal a rare exchange he had with then President Obama in 2015.
"How did we get here?" attorney Andrew Free (https://www.immigrantcivilrights.com/team) began his lengthy twitter thread, which has since gone viral.
"In 2015, I shook President Obama's hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course and close the for-profit baby jails (also known as "family detention centers") he opened in Dilley and Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me my to the core..."
Free posted photos of his exchange with Obama in 2015 to provide proof of the tense encounter.

Thread: How did we get here?
In 2015, I shook President Obama’s hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course & close the for-profit baby jails (also known as “family detention centers”) he opened in Dilley & Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me to my core 1/ pic.twitter.com/K5vi6S2RPj (https://t.co/K5vi6S2RPj)
— R. Andrew Free (@ImmCivilRights) June 19, 2018 (https://twitter.com/ImmCivilRights/status/1008902662828511232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Below is immigration attorney and civil rights activist R. Andrew Free's account (https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1008902662828511232.html) of his questioning Obama on the migrant "baby jails" which had been in operation under his administration. (https://twitter.com/ImmCivilRights/status/1008902662828511232)
How did we get here?
In 2015, I shook President Obama’s hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course and close the for-profit baby jails (also known as “family detention centers”) he opened in Dilley & Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me to my core...
Specifically, I told him, “It’s wrong. And it’s going to be a stain on your legacy.” He stopped moving on to the next person in the rope line and looked back at me. I’d gotten his attention.
He turned back, looked at me and “Are you an immigration lawyer?” “Yes”. Just days before, President Obama’s senior immigration policy advisor Cecilia Munoz had received a chilly welcome during her keynote address to the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) annual conference attendees in National Harbor. She was greeted with silent protest & signs saying "End Family Detention".
I later learned that her meeting with senior AILA attorneys had been testy to say the least. See, Obama had previously timed great news, like DACA to coincide with the AILA annual conferences. We all watched ecstatic in Nashville in 2012 as he announced it on giant screens.
Obama's Admission
So the President’s immediate association of “End Family Detention” with immigration lawyers wasn’t random. He’d been told and believed we were basically the only ones who’d care, and even then, it would be a minority of us that wouldn’t extract from him a political cost.
So when I said “Yes”, the President looked back and engaged: “I’ll tell you what we can’t have. It’s these parents sending their kids here on a dangerous journey and putting their lives at risk.”And he walked on down the rope line. Not, “I know. I’m working on it.” not, “Thanks for your support”. Just, “Yes. This is the right move given what I perceive the facts to be.”
I was dumbfounded. Let’s unpack the logic of what he said because it’s that logic which led us here.
First, the President [Obama] tacitly admittedly that he was using detention of mothers and children as a deterrent.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-19/shocking-testimony-civil-rights-attorney-asked-obama-close-migrant-baby-jails-2015

thoughtomator
06-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Zippy is the most reliable poster on RPF, hands down.

Danke
06-19-2018, 05:48 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton's 'love child' slams the former president for showing compassion for the immigrant children separated from their parents at the border but 'abandoning his own son'

Danney Williams The 32-year-old has long claimed that he is the love child of mother Bobbie Ann, a former prostitute, and Clinton who she met in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1984says Bill Clinton is guilty of hypocrisy after the former president showed sympathy for the migrant children at the border but abandoned his 'son'
'The same man that is sympathetic to the immigrant children....is indeed the same man that sacrificed me, his own son....' he said in a tweet on Tuesday
The 32-year-old, a father of five, took to Twitter to send a Father's Day message to the former president last year
He tweeted: I'm not looking for sympathy nor welfare, I just wish you didn't forget about me billClinton. #BillClintonSon #ClintonKid'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...efending-migrant-children-abandoning-him.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5862413/Bill-Clintons-son-slams-former-president-defending-migrant-children-abandoning-him.html)

euphemia
06-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Fact checking.

Link (https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy)

Swordsmyth
06-19-2018, 06:22 PM
https://www.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/separatems13.jpg

Danke
06-20-2018, 01:59 AM

AuH20
06-20-2018, 06:39 AM
When these blue fuckers bring in enough lackeys, wait until you see what they have planned for us. It's bad enough that we have limited control of the GOP.

Anti Federalist
06-20-2018, 08:15 AM
When these blue fuckers bring in enough lackeys, wait until you see what they have planned for us. It's bad enough that we limited control of the GOP.

Yup, this.

dean.engelhardt
06-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Fact checking.

Link (https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy)

Myth

DHS has a policy to separate families at the border.

Fact

DHS does not have a blanket policy of separating families at the border. However, DHS does have a responsibility to protect all minors in our custody. This means DHS will separate adults and minors under certain circumstances. These circumstances include: 1) when DHS is unable to determine the familial relationship, 2) when DHS determines that a child may be at risk with the parent or legal guardian, or 3) when the parent or legal guardian is referred for criminal prosecution.

Under the Zero Tolerance Policy aren't all persons crossing illegally referred for criminal prosecution?

euphemia
06-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Just note, it is the same policy governing American parents. If they are arrested, their kids do not go with them.

devil21
06-20-2018, 11:12 AM
This whole thing has gone into ludicrous mode. -PROBLEM- The government allowed, and even encouraged, the mass immigration (bankers required it). -REACTION- Now it's all over the media 24/7, getting everyone whipped up. -SOLUTION- Coming soon since you asked for it.

People never seem to grasp the tactics at work and always fall for them over and over.

thoughtomator
06-20-2018, 11:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgJljZpWAAAcnst.jpg

devil21
06-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Obvious post slide is obvious^^^

Memes are the lowest form of discourse. I hope RPF is not going to allow itself to be taken over by psyop divisive meme pushers that substitute irrelevant partisan-baiting crap for honest discussion.

EBounding
06-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Trump Will Sign Order Ending Separation of Migrant Families (https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-pledges-to-order-end-of-immigrant-family-separations-1529511546?mod=hp_lead_pos1)

“We are going to sign an executive order in a little while to keep families together, but we have to maintain toughness,” Mr. Trump told reporters from the White House, adding that he would sign the document before leaving for a campaign-style rally in Minnesota in the afternoon.

AuH20
06-20-2018, 07:17 PM
https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/abuse.jpg?w=500&h=531

Firestarter
06-21-2018, 08:54 AM
After repeatedly claiming that it’s not his fault but because of “Democrats” federal law, Donald Trump signed an executive order that keeps migrant children with their parents. In the last 2 months more than 2300 children that were caught on the US-Mexico border have been separated from their parents as a result of the change in policy to treat adults crossing the US border without permission as criminal offenders.
Yesterday evening at a rally in Minnesota, President Donald Trump addressed the raucous crowd:
I consider it to be a very important executive order. It's about keeping families together while at the same time being sure that we have a very powerful, very strong border, and border security will be equal if not greater than previously.
It is also the policy of this Administration to maintain family unity, including by detaining alien families together where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources.
We're going to keep families together and the border is going to be just as tough as it's been.

Democrats put illegal immigrant before they put American citizens. What the hell is going on?
We're having a lot of problems with Democrats that don't want to vote for anything.
They don't care about lack of security. They really would like to have open borders where anybody in the world can just flow in, including from the Middle East, from anybody anywhere they can just flow into our country.
Tremendous problems with that, tremendous crime caused by that. We're just not going to do it.

Trump also said Congress must change the 1997 Flores agreement, because this makes it impossible to lock up illegal migrants for more than 20 days.

In an ongoing law suit, migrants have complained that children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor near Houston were immigrant minors are detained, were held down and injected with psychiatric drugs.
The children were told they would not be released to their parents unless they took the “vitamins”. According to affidavits, the drugs caused that the children could hardly walk, became afraid of people and wanting to remain in bed constantly: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/20/donald-trump-says-will-sign-executive-order-end-child-separation/

In between the Trump supporters at the rally in Minnesota, one brave man held up one of the infamous photos showing Donald Trump with his pedo-buddy Jeffrey Epstein.
https://fitzinfo.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/screen-shot-2018-06-20-at-8-13-16-pm.png

Fox News thought that this is so embarrassing that they edited out this incident out of the footage. Instead they show Trump ridiculing the protester (over his hair!) while the crowd chants “USA, USA, USA”: https://fitzinfo.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/trump-evicts-man-from-rally-after-holding-up-photo-of-trump-with-jeffrey-epstein/
(https://fitzinfo.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/trump-evicts-man-from-rally-after-holding-up-photo-of-trump-with-jeffrey-epstein/)

It looks that Trump will continue the Obama policy to hand over migrant children to slave drivers though: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?523357-US-government-%93releases%94-kids-to-child-traffickers

devil21
06-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Democrats put illegal immigrant before they put American citizens. What the hell is going on?

Oh, the answer to that question is something "American citizens" don't really want to know the answers to. I'll just say that they're not called "illegal" for no reason and declaring oneself a "citizen" voluntarily puts one into a lower legal status than any "illegal" immigrant.

Firestarter
06-22-2018, 10:39 AM
I'll just say that they're not called "illegal" for no reason and declaring oneself a "citizen" voluntarily puts one into a lower legal status than any "illegal" immigrant. I’ve heard some homeless persons complaining that their discriminated against as ten thousands of migrants in the Netherlands a year get a house, while they are left in the cold…

euphemia
06-23-2018, 07:28 AM
Trump can't win either way. I suggest that people who are really upset and the most absurd reporting go to the border. Just rent a van and go to the boarder. Pick any group that looks like a family. You just put them in your van and take them home with you. Feed them and take care of them and then make sure they get back for their hearings.

Just go take care of them.

TheCount
06-23-2018, 08:40 AM
Trump can't win either way. I suggest that people who are really upset and the most absurd reporting go to the border. Just rent a van and go to the boarder. Pick any group that looks like a family. You just put them in your van and take them home with you. Feed them and take care of them and then make sure they get back for their hearings.

Just go take care of them.
How would one pick up a family and take care of them until their hearings if they're being detained until their hearings?

timosman
06-23-2018, 08:48 AM
How would one pick up a family and take care of them until their hearings if they're being detained until their hearings?

I am sure you can schedule a hearing on the ICE website. Your lawyer should have more info.

TheCount
06-23-2018, 09:25 AM
https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2015/11/dr-seuss-adolf-the-wolf.jpg

spudea
06-23-2018, 10:07 AM
https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2015/11/dr-seuss-adolf-the-wolf.jpg

You are suggesting we should go to war in central America to overthrow their corrupt and murderous regimes, so their children are safe? Good idea.

And you impose no expectation on foreign nationals to follow our laws. Good call.

donnay
06-23-2018, 10:36 AM

That's true because their family are back in their own country and they paid coyotes (human traffickers) good money to stay with them.

timosman
06-23-2018, 11:08 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html

6/23/2018

White House Press Secretary Sanders was thrown out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday because she works for President Trump -- the latest Trump official to be hounded out of a restaurant because of their political affiliation.

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”
Sanders confirmed the events on Twitter, saying she was told to leave by the owner because she worked for the president.
“Her actions say far more about her than about me,” she said. “I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.”

After initial reports emerged of the incident, users took to the Red Hen’s Facebook and Yelp pages to bombard it with one-star reviews.
“Everyone should boycott this restaurant. Put them out of business. Asking a paying patron to leave because she's a Republican is repulsive,” one Yelp review said.

While the new "reviews" were overwhelmingly negative, the restaurant did get some backing from Trump opponents -- with one saying Red Hen's decision was "truly awesome."

"If some can refuse service to gay’s [sic] then YES others can for immoral lying to American people through WH Press Conferences," a five-star review said on Facebook.

Sanders also got backing from her father, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who blasted the restaurant’s “bigotry.”

"Bigotry. On the menu at Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington VA. Or you can ask for the “Hate Plate”. And appetizers are “small plates for small minds,” he tweeted.

Calls to the restaurant went to voicemail, which was full. The controversy sparked a panicked tweet from the (unaffiliated) Red Hen in Washington, D.C., which noted that it had nothing to do with the incident.

Sanders’ ejection comes just days after Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was drummed out of a Mexican restaurant by left-wing activists protesting the separation of children from parents caught crossing the border illegally.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 12:37 AM
GOP lawmakers are reportedly readying an immigration bill that would allow detained migrant children to stay in detention centers with their parents for more than 20 days, senior White House and Hill officials told ABC News (https://abcnews.go.com/US/republicans-prepare-bill-allowing-migrant-children-detained-20/story?id=56115089) on Saturday.
The bill would overrule a decades-old provision that prohibits the federal government from keeping children in immigration detention centers for more than 20 days.
The news comes days after the Justice Department asked a federal district court (https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4549953/Flores-Notice-of-Motion-and-Motion-Re-Settlement.pdf) to modify the rule, known as the Flores settlement (http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/393515-doj-files-request-to-modify-the-flores-agreement), which runs up against President Trump (http://thehill.com/people/donald-trump)'s recent executive order.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/393819-gop-lawmakers-preparing-to-vote-on-bill-allowing-migrant-children-to-be

nikcers
06-24-2018, 01:05 AM
GOP lawmakers are reportedly readying an immigration bill that would allow detained migrant children to stay in detention centers with their parents for more than 20 days, senior White House and Hill officials told ABC News (https://abcnews.go.com/US/republicans-prepare-bill-allowing-migrant-children-detained-20/story?id=56115089) on Saturday.
The bill would overrule a decades-old provision that prohibits the federal government from keeping children in immigration detention centers for more than 20 days.
The news comes days after the Justice Department asked a federal district court (https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4549953/Flores-Notice-of-Motion-and-Motion-Re-Settlement.pdf) to modify the rule, known as the Flores settlement (http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/393515-doj-files-request-to-modify-the-flores-agreement), which runs up against President Trump (http://thehill.com/people/donald-trump)'s recent executive order.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/393819-gop-lawmakers-preparing-to-vote-on-bill-allowing-migrant-children-to-be
This isn't a winning campaign platform for the democrats, every time they complain about people getting locked up it is music to peoples ears to people who don't think enough criminals are getting locked up. OTOH Trump will end up being able to play kingmaker in Republican contests if they keep this up.

Swordsmyth
06-24-2018, 01:08 AM
The U.S. Homeland Security Department said late Saturday the government has reunited 522 children separated from adults as part of a "Zero Tolerance" initiative and plans to reunite another 16 children over the next 24 hours.The department said in a statement U.S. Customs and Border Protection expects a small number of children separated for reasons other than zero tolerance would remain separated, including if the familial relationship cannot be confirmed.
President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order to end his policy of separating immigrant children from their families on the U.S.-Mexico border, after images of youngsters in cages sparked outrage at home and abroad.
As of June 20, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) had 2,053 separated minors being cared for in HHS-funded facilities, and it was "working with relevant agency partners to foster communications and work towards reuniting every minor and every parent or guardian via well-established reunification processes."
HHS also said in a release that it has a process to "ensure that family members know the location of their children and have regular communication after separation."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-government-reunites-522-children-removed-under-zero-031622424.html

Schifference
06-24-2018, 07:25 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/23/sarah-sanders-says-was-thrown-out-virginia-restaurant-because-works-for-trump.html

White privilege! If only she were black or gay.

AuH20
06-24-2018, 10:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JnowY-5nlw

AuH20
06-24-2018, 12:52 PM

AuH20
06-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Notice something. ((LOL)) Every freaking time.

devil21
06-24-2018, 08:56 PM
I’ve heard some homeless persons complaining that their discriminated against as ten thousands of migrants in the Netherlands a year get a house, while they are left in the cold…

Under Vatican canon law, still practiced in most western country's court systems, "citizens" are mere property. Things, not living men and women, and are to be treated accordingly. An "illegal" still retains natural rights (until they give them up voluntarily via participation in the Vatican canon law system, thus becoming "legal"), while a "legal citizen" does not retain natural rights. Property has no rights.

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Under Vatican canon law, still practiced in most western country's court systems, "citizens" are mere property. Things, not living men and women, and are to be treated accordingly. An "illegal" still retains natural rights (until they give them up voluntarily via participation in the Vatican canon law system, thus becoming "legal"), while a "legal citizen" does not retain natural rights. Property has no rights.

Vatican canon law only applies within Vatican City. It has 450 citizens (out of 800 residents).

https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2012/07/the-current-legislation-on-citizenship-in-the-vatican-city-state/

devil21
06-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Horseshit^^^^^

Zippyjuan
06-24-2018, 09:19 PM
Horse$#@!^^^^^

Link disproving it? What is their authority over the US and our laws?

devil21
06-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Link disproving it?

Disproving what? You didn't disprove my statement. And I'll add that regardless of whatever you post, I know first hand that my statement is 100% accurate. Today's legal system is still completely based on ancient Roman law.

That's why courtrooms are all designed, to various extents, to resemble Roman ships. The judge sits higher up than everyone else, at the helm of the ship, overseeing and directing the operations of the ship, while the property (slaves) sit in rows in the hull of ship. Imagine giant oars coming through the walls and every "defendant" working the oar. HEAVE Ya bastards, yells the bailiffs, as they walk the aisles keeping the slaves pushing and pulling the oars. You are only allowed to cross the bar, into the captains helm area if summoned (hint, hint), and acknowledge to the captain or his assistants (DAs) your standing as a slave.

That shit is no accident, son.

Firestarter
06-25-2018, 09:50 AM
I’m glad I can post this before Zippyjuan starts claiming that the Vatican has nothing to Romans...

Today's legal system is still completely based on ancient Roman law.

That's why courtrooms are all designed, to various extents, to resemble Roman ships. The judge sits higher up than everyone else, at the helm of the ship, overseeing and directing the operations of the ship, while the property (slaves) sit in rows in the hull of ship.The New Testament was only written during the reign of Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th century AD (after the Christian scriptures had been destroyed by a previous Roman Emperor). The (Roman) Council of Nicaea officially recognised the New Testament as being written by God in 325 AD (almost 300 years after Jesus was crucified).

The official story is that Emperor Constantine (Emperor 306-337 AD) converted from Mithraism to Christianity on the eve of a battle in 312 AD. Constantine made Christianity the state religion. All subsequent emperors were openly hostile towards Mithraism.
After Emperor Constantine supposedly converted to Christianity in 312 AD, he maintained the title “Pontifex Maximus” - the high priest of paganism. The first Roman Emperor to omit “Pontifex Maximus” from his title was Gratian (Emperor 375-383 AD).

At least until 323 AD, they were inscribed with: “SOL INVICTO COMITI” (TO MY COMPANION THE INVINCIBLE SUN) and showed Sol.
http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Religions/iranian/Mithraism/mithraism_and_christianity.htm

Firestarter
06-25-2018, 09:56 AM

That's true because their family are back in their own country and they paid coyotes (human traffickers) good money to stay with them.
In an 18 month period, 40% of the minors did not arrive for their immigration hearings!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?523357-US-government-%93releases%94-kids-to-child-traffickers

Swordsmyth
06-25-2018, 04:29 PM
The Trump administration is developing a plan that would give parents who are caught crossing the border illegally a difficult choice: Remain detained with their child in a large tent city or give up custody of their child, at least temporarily, according to two sources who have discussed the plans with administration officials.
The proposal is being considered as part of a hastily crafted solution to the problem of complying with President Donald Trump's executive order last week that ended his administration's policy of separating parents and children arrested at the border.
The idea is a way to side-step a major legal road block that prevents Trump from fully implementing his executive order to keep parents and children detained during their court proceedings. Current law prohibits the federal government from keeping children detained, even with their parents, in immigration detention for more than 20 days.
But, if a parent does not wish the child to be released from custody and taken away from them, the so-called Flores court settlement notes the parent can keep the child with them in custody. More than 2,000 Latin American children have been placed in shelters or foster homes since the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" plan went into effect.

More at: http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article213753114.html

Danke
06-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Swordsmyth
06-30-2018, 11:24 PM
The Trump administration says a ruling this week by a federal judge in San Diego requiring the government to reunify families separated at the border means authorities can legally keep families detained until their cases are complete.The interpretation means immigrant families could spend months or even years in detention — even those seeking asylum — because of a years-long backlog in immigration court.
The Justice Department has said cases in which immigrants remain detained move through the system quicker than if they are released, but the backlog is still thousands of cases deep.
The Department of Justice said in a court filing Friday in Los Angeles that a case known as the Flores agreement allows the government to detain families now that the California judge has barred their separation.
"The Trump Administration has been engaged — since January of 2017 —in restoring order to the lawlessness at the Southwest border and protecting our nation's citizens, but we are beholden to a broken immigration system that Congress has refused to fix and that courts have exacerbated," the department said in a news release.
The Flores agreement is a long-standing guide as to how and how long the government can detain immigrant children. It stems from a lawsuit filed in 1985 by an immigrant girl, Jenny Lisette Flores, who was detained by immigration authorities in poor conditions and who was not allowed to be released to an aunt.
The Flores agreement requires the government to release children from immigration detention "without unnecessary delay," which the government has generally interpreted to mean about 20 days.
But the DOJ is zeroing in on the requirement, saying the order this week from U.S. District Court Judge Dana Sabraw requires that children's release be delayed so that they can stay with their parents.
Sabraw set a 30-day deadline for reuniting parents and children and called for young children to be reunited more quickly.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-lawyers-ruling-allows-detention-021655905.html

Firestarter
07-10-2018, 09:02 AM
More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-lawyers-ruling-allows-detention-021655905.html I think it's a shame that you copy-pasted the article and then cut it off directly before the idea of the Trump administration that they can violate the Flores agreement is criticised:
The ACLU is disputing the Trump administration's interpretation of the ruling.
Lee Gelernt, deputy director of its Immigrants' Rights Project, said the government has a constitutional obligation to release parents who don't pose a flight risk or danger, and that parents can choose to release their children if they don't want them to be in a family detention center.
"Ultimately the (San Diego) case leaves it up to parents to decide what is in the best interests of the child," Gelernt said. "It would be flatly unconstitutional if the government's purpose in detaining families is punitive or is intended to serve as a deterrent."

Firestarter
07-10-2018, 09:02 AM
The Trump administration said it needs more time to reunite 101 children younger than 5 years after the federal judge in San Diego had ordered the HHS that by today all these kids must be reunited with their parents.

Some of these children are babies that appear in a court room without their parents. Some of them aren’t even represented by an attorney.
The 1-year-old boy Honduran boy Johan waited over an hour to see Phoenix immigration Judge John W. Richardson. Johan’s attorney told the judge that his father had already returned to Honduras, after being lied to that he could leave with his son (his mother is also in Honduras).
The Judge noted that the 1-year-old boy couldn’t learn about “immigration law” so he couldn’t really ask him questions.

The Honduran immigrant Christian Granados has been separated from his 5-year-old daughter Cristhy for more than a month. She is locked up in Chicago, while he was released on June 24. Granados has found a suitable home with relatives in Fort Mill, S.C. to house his daughter, but fears he can’t afford airfare. The authorities demand $1,250 to fly her from Chicago: https://apnews.com/4cb60fc06ca34160bf7445fdc1f47eed

Swordsmyth
07-10-2018, 02:49 PM
I think it's a shame that you copy-pasted the article and then cut it off directly before the idea of the Trump administration that they can violate the Flores agreement is criticised:

I think I posted what the administration was doing and put "more at:" for the rest, until some judge agrees with the ACLU's opinion then it is just an opinion that can be expected, anyone with half a brain knows that the left is going to fight the administration tooth and nail every step of the way with any legitimate or illegitimate argument they can come up with.

Zippyjuan
07-10-2018, 03:17 PM
The Trump administration said it needs more time to reunite 101 children younger than 5 years after the federal judge in San Diego had ordered the HHS that by today all these kids must be reunited with their parents.

Some of these children are babies that appear in a court room without their parents. Some of them aren’t even represented by an attorney.
The 1-year-old boy Honduran boy Johan waited over an hour to see Phoenix immigration Judge John W. Richardson. Johan’s attorney told the judge that his father had already returned to Honduras, after being lied to that he could leave with his son (his mother is also in Honduras).
The Judge noted that the 1-year-old boy couldn’t learn about “immigration law” so he couldn’t really ask him questions.

The Honduran immigrant Christian Granados has been separated from his 5-year-old daughter Cristhy for more than a month. She is locked up in Chicago, while he was released on June 24. Granados has found a suitable home with relatives in Fort Mill, S.C. to house his daughter, but fears he can’t afford airfare. The authorities demand $1,250 to fly her from Chicago: https://apnews.com/4cb60fc06ca34160bf7445fdc1f47eed

Some of the parents were already deported and can't be located. Out of the 100 kids five and under the court ordered to try to re-unite with parents more than a third can't be located. Half of those because they have already been kicked out of the country while their kids are still here. And keep in mind this only covers children five year old or younger.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-asks-more-time-reunite-kids-parents-separated-border-n889301

Trump admin lost track of parents of 38 young migrant children

WASHINGTON — Government lawyers said Friday that they cannot locate the parents of 38 migrant children under the age of 5, as a federal judge indicated he is open to extending the deadline for reuniting nearly 3,000 children separated from their mothers and fathers while crossing the US-Mexico border.

In a status hearing with U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw of the Southern District of California, who ordered the reunification, government lawyers said the Health and Human Services Department would only be able to reunify about half of approximately 100 children under the age of 5 by the court-ordered deadline of July 10.

For 19 children, their parents have been released from custody into the U.S. and their whereabouts are unknown. The parents of another 19 children have been deported.

"The way [a family separation] is put in the system is not in some aggregable form, so we can’t just run it all," said Sarah Fabian, the Justice Department attorney representing the government before Sabraw.

Jamesiv1
07-10-2018, 03:19 PM
I don't think anybody gives a flip about this story except the lamestream media and about 1% of US Americans.

Firestarter
07-11-2018, 10:04 AM
anyone with half a brain knows that the left is going to anyone with half a brain knows that...
The Democrook-Republicons are really one party, ruling the one-party-state the US.
The "left" against the "right" politrics (and media) is just another strategy used for population control, while it can also falsely be used to claim that because we have the right to vote between "left" and "right" we survive in a "democracy".

until some judge agrees with the ACLU's opinion then it is just an opinion You admit that you intentionally “censored” AP’s worthless piece, because you only want to post the “opinion” of the Trump administration in support of the “zero tolerance” policy without the “opinion” against it…
Especially because the AP piece you posted is very low on arguments, not posting the “opinion” against the policy of the Trump administration is a dubious strategy…

I’m no expert at law, but as I understand it, for as long as the Flores agreement isn’t withdrawn (or changed) locking up children for more than 20 days is a violation of the US legislation.
Here’s a link to the 13 January 1997 Flores agreement: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/immigrants/flores_v_meese_agreement.pdf

According to the following article, President Obama tried to modify the Flores agreement, but didn’t succeed:
The order directs Attorney General Jeff Sessions to try to modify the 1997 Flores settlement (https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/immigrants/flores_v_meese_agreement.pdf), to keep the families together, but President Barack Obama already tried and lost. https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article213753114.html

Ender
07-11-2018, 10:16 AM
anyone with half a brain knows that...
The Democrook-Republicons are really one party, ruling the one-party-state the US.
The "left" against the "right" politrics (and media) is just another strategy used for population control, while it can also falsely be used to claim that because we have the right to vote between "left" and "right" we survive in a "democracy".

You admit that you intentionally “censored” AP’s worthless piece, because you only want to post the “opinion” of the Trump administration in support of the “zero tolerance” policy without the “opinion” against it…
Especially because the AP piece you posted is very low on arguments, not posting the “opinion” against the policy of the Trump administration is a dubious strategy…

I’m no expert at law, but as I understand it, for as long as the Flores agreement isn’t withdrawn (or changed) locking up children for more than 20 days is a violation of the US legislation.
Here’s a link to the 13 January 1997 Flores agreement: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/immigrants/flores_v_meese_agreement.pdf

According to the following article, President Obama tried to modify the Flores agreement, but didn’t succeed: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article213753114.html

This used to be a known fact on the forum until the last election.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

euphemia
07-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I just wonder why Congress is not representing the interests of the American people?

Reuniting families is tricky when not every group presenting themselves as family really isn't.

Swordsmyth
07-11-2018, 01:05 PM
You admit that you intentionally “censored” AP’s worthless piece, because you only want to post the “opinion” of the Trump administration in support of the “zero tolerance” policy without the “opinion” against it…

According to the following article, President Obama tried to modify the Flores agreement, but didn’t succeed: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article213753114.html

I did not "censor" it, I posted the important part and provided a link to the rest.

I usually don't post entire articles because it is technically a violation of site guidelines.