PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in the news 6/29/07

DjLoTi
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
" McDermott to Cheney: ‘Resign or face impeachment' "

"The articles of impeachment, introduced by Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) in April, have garnered support from 10 House cosponsors.

Unlike the other impeachment backers, McDermott voted against an amendment proposed by House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel (Ill.) to deny funding to the Office of the Vice President Thursday night. Emanuel proposed the amendment earlier this month as Cheney’s document secrecy gained more attention.

The amendment failed 217-209, receiving votes from two Republicans: Reps. Ron Paul (Texas) and Walter Jones (N.C.)."

Full Article:
http://thehill.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67202&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=70

Digg:
http://digg.com/politics/McDermott_to_Cheney_Resign_or_face_impeachment (Already on front page)

LibertyEagle
07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Dang, that was close. I demand a recount! :)

DjLoTi
07-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Ya, it was close. I'd like another count as well.

LibertyEagle
07-02-2007, 09:17 AM
If we would have known this was coming down, we could have all put pressure on our respective Congressmen. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to let them know, even now, that we agree with this piece of legislation. I'm going to right now.

DjLoTi
07-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I know. This is big legislation, and it wasn't even big in the news...
But it was Saturday, and it is Monday, so.. ya kno...

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 09:20 AM
It won't happen.

DjLoTi
07-02-2007, 09:23 AM
It won't happen.

If 5 voters said 'yay' instead of 'nay'... PASSED

If the public was informed, we could have put pressure on our representatives, just like during the amnesty bill.

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Just like I could pressure Mel Martinez to vote no on the Amnesty Bill.

DjLoTi
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
lol... well... it is big news, and no one anywhere is talking about how close it was.

kylejack
07-02-2007, 09:31 AM
The original post is kind of deceptive. The legislation Ron voted for was to deny funding to the Office of the Vice President.

Mani
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Just like I could pressure Mel Martinez to vote no on the Amnesty Bill.

I have a few people at the office who are demanding him to resign because of that vote.

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
He helped craft the bill. He won't resign. He thinks he is doing Florida good. Big money pays him to stay there, he will stay.

LibertyEagle
07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I just called all of my Congress critters. Like it'll do any good.....

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
The best way to bring about change is to get more Ron Paul's into Congress. It's just hard luck finding them. And getting them elected.

LibertyEagle
07-02-2007, 09:57 AM
The best way to bring about change is to get more Ron Paul's into Congress. It's just hard luck finding them. And getting them elected.

If we can get Ron Paul's message out and get him nominated, I think you'll see that change. :)

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I hope so because it sucks when people like Mel get elected because he was paid for by the people who want illegals, and the NAU. People voted for him because he was a good "Christian". I hate voting for the lesser of two evils.

I know this is off topic, but being I'm on this Florida kick. I miss Jeb Bush being in office. When we has he could get disaster relief quick, and national guards. I wonder how well Christ will do it.

LibertyEagle
07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Christ would do it just fine, if he was so inclined. However, Mel is not Christ. Nor, would I vote for anyone solely based on their religious beliefs.

Please don't slam Christians. Dr. Paul is one of them, you know.

IRO-bot
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I am not slaming Christians I am slamming the fact that people vote according to things like This guy looks Presidential or this guy is Baptist. Or in Mitt's case, those who say I'd never vote for a guy who was a Mormon.

Christ has done a most excellent job with our house insurance. That law was so good infact my insurance went up 100%, and my now they are trying to raise my parents rates. They claim that it now costs 235,000 to replace their house so it has to be insured at that much, and yet the builder who did their house still has that model active and listed at 135,000. Yeah good law, let them get around it. We now have 5 more company's wanting to raise rates 14-45%. He is doing an excellent job working for the people.