PDA

View Full Version : Trump: 'Iran Is a Different Country Now Than It Was 3 or 4 Months Ago'

Swordsmyth
06-12-2018, 04:13 PM
In response to a question about a deal with North Korea, President Donald Trump veered to Iran, saying he'd like to make a nuclear deal with them, too.

Not only did Trump inherit the North Korea crisis, "I was given the Iran deal and plenty of other problems," Trump told a news conference in Singapore.
But we are doing really well. And the Iran deal, I have to be honest, I did it (backed out of it) because nuclear is always number one to me. Nuclear is number one. But on the Iran deal, I think Iran is a different country now than it was 3 or 4 months ago.

I don't think they are looking so much to the Mediterranean, I don't think they are looking so much at Syria, like they were with total confidence. I don't think they're so confident right now. At the appropriate time after the sanctions kick in, and they are brutal, what we've put on Iran. I hope that they're going to come back and negotiate a real deal, because I'd love to be able to do that. But right now it's too soon for that.

More at: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-iran-different-country-now-it-was-3-or-4-months-ago

Zippyjuan
06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
"I don't want Iran to have nukes so I cancelled the treaty which restricts their nuclear activity".

Nuclear is number one.

Swordsmyth
06-12-2018, 05:11 PM
"I don't want Iran to have nukes so I cancelled the treaty which restricts their nuclear activity".

Now he will make a better deal without all the hidden side deals.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Now he will make a better deal without all the hidden side deals.

Trump walked away from the existing Iran deal. Why would they agree to make another one with him? Because he is just so awesome?

Swordsmyth
06-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Trump walked away from the existing Iran deal. Why would they agree to make another one with him? Because he is just so awesome?

You will see.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2018, 05:18 PM
You will see.

Not going to hold my breath. He doesn't have a real agreement with Korea (though it was an important first step- it does leave off the hard things like details). He has yet to make any agreement with any country.

nbhadja
06-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Not going to hold my breath. He doesn't have a real agreement with Korea (though it was an important first step- it does leave off the hard things like details). He has yet to make any agreement with any country.

Trump is playing everyone. I believe he has had a real signed deal with North Korea for weeks now and it will be revealed soon (they will pretend it was just made though).

timosman
06-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Trump is playing everyone. I believe he has had a real signed deal with North Korea for weeks now and it will be revealed soon (they will pretend it was just made though).

Doesn't this violate some rule?

TheCount
06-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Oh noes side deals...