PDA

View Full Version : Just me or is everyone stealing Pauls talking points?

Mental Dribble
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Just me or is everyone stealing Pauls talking points?

RonPaulFTFW
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
it's not just you.

seapilot
12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Except McCain...he still owns blame america for Hitlers rise to power talking point.

Knightskye
12-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Tancredo said we need to follow the Constititution. That's all I've noticed so far.

kylejack
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Tancredo said we need to follow the Constititution. That's all I've noticed so far.

And actually, Tancredo's always said that.

AtomiC
12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Tancredo has always been saying the same things, but the other guys are joining the Ron Paul bandwagon it seems.

mconder
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
but the other guys are joining the Ron Paul bandwagon it seems.

Does anyone believe the others will actually do what they say after they are elected?

kylejack
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Does anyone believe the others will actually do what they say after they are elected?
No way, Jose.

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
LOL, no.

1913_to_2008
12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
All of the candidates have been Ron Paulized. Every week they all sound more and more like Paul compared to a few months back.

rgampell
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Everyone,

If the other candidates steal Ron's talking points, it's a GOOD thing, because:

1) Ron's ideas will sound much less "crazy" if everyone else is saying them, too!

2) The revolution ultimately has to go WAY beyond Ron, and it's already happening! With the money to go into February and beyond, the campaign will continue to exert more and more influence on both the GOP and the country as a whole. I think we ought to be more impressed at how far it's already come in such a short time.

Micahyah
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Everyone,

If the other candidates steal Ron's talking points, it's a GOOD thing, because:

1) Ron's ideas will sound much less "crazy" if everyone else is saying them, too!

2) The revolution ultimately has to go WAY beyond Ron, and it's already happening! With the money to go into February and beyond, the campaign will continue to exert more and more influence on both the GOP and the country as a whole. I think we ought to be more impressed at how far it's already come in such a short time.

No it's a TERRIBLE THING because we are trying to do as well as we can in IOWA on January 3rd. And now the last impression Iowa's voters have is that all of Ron Paul's great ideas are shared by the rest of the GOP candidates which is flat out WRONG!

This sucks

coffeewithchess
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I agree, Tancredo saying follow the Constitution(but he is for Iraq still?) and Huckabee saying education is not a federal function, it is a state function(but then saying the federal government needs to "moderate" education)...typical politics.

Non_Serviam
12-12-2007, 01:57 PM
No it's a TERRIBLE THING because we are trying to do as well as we can in IOWA on January 3rd. And now the last impression Iowa's voters have is that all of Ron Paul's great ideas are shared by the rest of the GOP candidates which is flat out WRONG!

This sucks

CFR conference call: "okay everyone, pretend you're real republicans, this neo-con bs isn't working."

VRP08
12-12-2007, 01:59 PM

NO!!!!! That is why I feel like crying!

rgampell
12-12-2007, 02:03 PM

This sucks

Respectfully, I think this is nonsense. People are forgetting how radical RP's ideas sound to most people! It is MUCH more important for these ideas to sound mainstream than it is for them to be unique to him. There is no question that RP is the standard-bearer for these ideas. No question! Do you think if all the candidates started talking about 9/11 that it would hurt Rudy by stealing HIS thunder?

Thanehand
12-12-2007, 02:06 PM
No, it's not just you. I've heard McCain talking about education vouchers and competition in education. I've heard others talking about NAFTA and the NAU. The list goes on.

I really wish Ron would shout that he's been saying all that stuff for 30 years, not in the last 30 days

mosquitobite
12-12-2007, 02:06 PM

First debate:

everyone else: "war war war"
RP: "we need to bring our troops home"
everyone else: "yay for compassionate conservatism"
RP: "we need to stop spending and get rid of the IRS"

Polls: RON PAUL WINS

Second debate
everyone else: hmmm where's the talk of the war now? (very little)
everyone else: taxes taxes taxes

Now:
everyone else: the Constitution

It's not your imagination, they see his ideas are actually POPULAR and are thus latching on. Will they actually follow through? HELL NO. Just look at the 2003/2004 Republican Congress to see how well they follow through. :rolleyes:

liam
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
You are all correct. They have learnt - this is indeed worrying as anyone who is watching this for the first time would not appreciate what is going on. Your debates are a joke.

fortilite
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
But they won't be able to steal one of his most effective talking points - pulling out the troops.

Carole
12-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow! Dr. Paul has been cloned. If the clones could increase exponentially once every second, the entire United States would support the Constitution by next November election day. Maybe even by the late primaries! :D

JohnnyWrath
12-13-2007, 12:58 AM
I absolutely agree, the others see the enthusiasm Ron Paul generates, and they want some of that for themselves....it won't happen. They don't seem to understand that we actually know their records, and that merely saying we should obey the constitution doesn't mean they have or will.

JEREMY420
12-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Great thread I totally agree with this!!

We know their records... but do the sheeple?

We need enough of them to realize there really is an honest man running for president this time.. who has integrity and a 30 year track record!!

Seattle4RonPaul
12-13-2007, 02:55 AM
We need to do massive awakening of NH, Iowa and NV sheeple. Those first states are very important in spreading the "Good News" about Dr. Paul.

I hope HQ is going to have more TV and radio ads there and Ron is going to have more personal appearances there.

dukker
12-13-2007, 03:06 AM
no,

republicans generally favour low taxes, free markets and less government. This debate pointedly avoided talking about foreign policy. This is where Paul really differs from the rest of the cadidates. Possibly with the exception of Huckabee (who even then has always been wanting to install a flat tax), all the cadidates are ardent supporters of free trade, secure borders and non-government intervention. I am guessing most of you don't actually take the time to objectively research other candidate's positions.

xao
12-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Eh NO.

Romney, giuliani and huckabee have all had POOR records on illegal immigration and taxes.

So don't come in here and lie about that.

For instance,
Here is schmuckabees record.

Huckabee aid plan for illegal aliens draws 'venom, anger'
www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2005/01/17/News/315406.html
LITTLE ROCK - Gov. Mike Huckabee's proposal last week to provide college scholarships and loans to illegal immigrants has sparked some emotional talk

Huckabee is pro illegals and pro taxes.
OWNED!

www.TaxHikeMike.org

more devastating evidence against Huckabee.
He is a big-government tax-and-spender.

Huckabee says he wants to RAISE TAXES.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4

xao
12-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Now let's look at Ron Paul's grades.

Rons grade B+
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=TX&VIPID=787

As you can see, only tancredo and hunter have higher grades but they are utterly clueless on other very important issues and sub tier in polling and funding.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/539/clipboarddk1.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3991/immigrationvotingreportnn6.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/539/clipboarddk1.jpg

Ron with a B grade here. Still higher than schck, romney, julie, etc.
http://www.vdare.com/burns/070813_pi.htm

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/border-security-and-immigration-reform/

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul269.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul314.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4RgUh5G38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZsBiZYocg

Focus Liberty
12-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Ron Paul's clarity and knowledge is magnetic. Since Ron Paul's message is also attracting a lot of money (and obviously votes) it is only natural that other sleezy politicians would want to tap into that kind of power by stealing his ideas. The other candidates don't have the intelligence or integrity to say more than a soundbite about the principles of liberty and sound economics.

dukker
12-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Eh NO.

Romney, giuliani and huckabee have all had POOR records on illegal immigration and taxes.

So don't come in here and lie about that.

For instance,
Here is schmuckabees record.

Huckabee aid plan for illegal aliens draws 'venom, anger'
www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2005/01/17/News/315406.html
LITTLE ROCK - Gov. Mike Huckabee's proposal last week to provide college scholarships and loans to illegal immigrants has sparked some emotional talk

Huckabee is pro illegals and pro taxes.
OWNED!

www.TaxHikeMike.org

more devastating evidence against Huckabee.
He is a big-government tax-and-spender.

Huckabee says he wants to RAISE TAXES.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4

dude I said with the exception of huckabee. Also, since the first debate he has been arguing for a flat tax. Hell, I remember Romney wanting to get rid of the IRS in that same debate too. Thompson has always been very free market per Reaganomics.
Hunter and Tancredo are even more hardcore than Paul about biulding border security, why didn't attack the others for starting to sound like them?

Einar Fridgeirs
12-13-2007, 06:28 AM
To me the main reason they are copying his positions is that their staffers know that the "likely republican voters" polls are weak and don't reflect the voter base this time around, because they poll those who voted in the 2004 primaries...

I think that people on the inside of the Romney, Huckabee, and Giuliani campaigns have been told in confidence that Ron Paul is the real frontrunner. Seriously. Perhaps even nationwide. This cannot be admitted in public of course, but by no means do I think the professional campaigners are stupid. They know the real score.

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 07:52 AM
It is good for opponents to validate his ideas but not to plagiarize his ideas, so Paul needs to identify the point each time because each time will have new listeners.

See http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52820

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

ljmunz
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
In the first few GOP debates on Fox, Paul's answers were night and day to the rest of the candidates. Your absolutely right they are using his talking points, it only goes to show how threatened they feel by him. I also think they are doing it strategically to try to 'muddle the waters' so to speak.

Perfect example was the 'what sacrifices would you ask the public to make to lower the debt' question. Satan, I mean Mr 911's response wasn't too far off from Dr Paul's. Of course we know his was a completely empty BS answer and Paul still nailed it, but it certainly wasn't as dynamic as it used to be. Tancredo two minutes later says 'womb to tomb', lol. Kinda sounds like 'cradle to grave' huh?

It would be great if Dr Paul's views were genuinely rubbing off on them, but have no doubt none will follow through

xao
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
dude I said with the exception of huckabee. Also, since the first debate he has been arguing for a flat tax. Hell, I remember Romney wanting to get rid of the IRS in that same debate too. Thompson has always been very free market per Reaganomics.
Hunter and Tancredo are even more hardcore than Paul about biulding border security, why didn't attack the others for starting to sound like them?

Uh, WRONG. ALL of the other socalled upper tier are WEAK on immigration and taxes as well. Except for Paul. And tancredo and hunter are good on immigration. But Romney, ghouliani, and thompson have all been week on illegal immigration and taxes. They can flip-flop and lie all they want, they have still been weak as their voting records just 3-4 years ago proves this.

european
12-14-2007, 04:52 AM
its me too

Kingfisher
12-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I heard this many years ago:.... First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they claim it as their own.