PDA

View Full Version : One of the Forums was hacked

GubMunt
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I tried to log in to one of the other Ron paul forums this morning and a message came up in red and black and said the forum has been HACKED.

Geeesh!!!!!

Senseless!!!!

GubMunt
07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
It was ronpaulforum.com

???? anybody know anything about this?

janeuner
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Ya better start changing your uname/passwords if they are the same across multiple sites.

Oddball
07-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I tried to log in to one of the other Ron paul forums this morning and a message came up in red and black and said the forum has been HACKED.

Geeesh!!!!!

Senseless!!!!
No mean effort for a supposedly "fringe" candidate, huh??

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
It was ronpaulforum.com

???? anybody know anything about this?

I would like to know more about this....

Its pretty crazy what happened over there, I checked back at that website about five minutes ago, and it still says; "You've been hacked, freedom go to hell"...

I think that anonymous had something to do with it...

Oddball
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I think that anonymous had something to do with it...I'd bet you're right.

Rabbit
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I see mostly positive in this situation, the only negative being the inconvenience of not being able to access the forums..

The good, though, is really good! It means that the movement has power.. It means people are taking notice.. It means we are feared! It means this is working!

Seriously though, hopefully this will result in a good security education for the webmasters, which could lead to a better and more secure site in the future..

GubMunt
07-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Right.... better change my password....

I hate UGLY people like that!!!

And I too wonder if Anonymous guy had something to do with it... all that black and red, and the hack notice was black and red too......

SICK-O!!!!:mad:

Kuldebar
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
The RonPaulForum.com Administrator (http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?p=4309#post4309) posted this:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Kuldebar/Vandal.jpg

Of course, changing your login passwords and making them different from site to site is always a good idea. The "all your eggs in one basket kind of thing" is never a good idea when it comes to security, so mix it up a little bit. :)

================================================== =====

GubMunt
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Perhaps the Admin could send out a mas email to us all if this ever happens again?

Bloody Holly
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
passwords are encrypted in a database.

As long as your password isn't easy like "Dog" or "love" then it's safe. I highly doubt they broke into the database...it was most likely another exploit, something simple.