PDA

View Full Version : FL - David Hogg's home SWATted this morning

Anti Federalist
06-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Family of Stoneman Douglas student advocate David Hogg 'swatted' at home

https://www.local10.com/news/family-of-stoneman-douglas-advocate-david-hogg-swatted-at-home

Hogg was not home at time of incident

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
Posted: 9:41 AM, June 05, 2018
Updated: 9:59 AM, June 05, 2018

https://bobcat.grahamdigital.com/image/upload/view?width=640&height=360&method=crop&url=https://media.local10.com/photo/2018/06/05/Deputies%20going%20inside%20David%20Hogg%20home%20 _1528206936606.jpg_12163146_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The family of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg was "swatted" Tuesday morning, causing police to respond to their Parkland home.

A call came into the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming a hostage situation at the home.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue arrived at the scene to find there was no hostage situation and the call was a prank.

Hogg was not home at the time of the incident and is currently in Washington, DC with his mother to accept the RFK Human Rights award.

In a phone call with Local 10, Hogg reacted to the massive police presence at his home following the prank call.

"I think it's really a distraction from what we're trying to fix here," Hogg told Liane Morejon. "Which is the massive gun violence epidemic in this country."

Sky 10 was over the home as units were staged outside as a precaution. BSO responded with multiple crews and a police helicopter.

Swatting is the action of making a prank emergency call to bring about a response of armed law enforcement officers.

Since the shootings at Stoneman Douglas, Hogg has been a prominent advocate for gun safety. However, Hogg has been a lightning rod for controversy as some do not approve of his methods, such as holding a "die in" at a Coral Springs Publix last week.

ThePaleoLibertarian
06-05-2018, 09:41 AM
He's going to wield this like a cudgel and blame the NRA. I don't think I have ever seen a teenager as fame-hungry as David Hogg on the national stage.

jkr
06-05-2018, 09:44 AM
NOW WHUT MUTHER FUGGER?!?!?
GO SUCK ON THE STATES TEET SOME MORE, MAYBE THEY WILL "SERVE" YOU

kahless
06-05-2018, 10:10 AM
He has been out the news cycle and people have stopped paying attention to him. No doubt this was an attempt to bring him back into the national news spotlight by those or someone who supports his cause.

buck000
06-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Hogg was not home at the time of the incident and is currently in Washington, DC with his mother to accept the RFK Human Rights award.

Da hell? Must be a low bar for that award... :rolleyes:

timosman
06-05-2018, 10:18 AM
He has been out the news cycle and people have stopped paying attention to him. No doubt this was an attempt to bring him back into the national news spotlight by those or someone who supports his cause.

While he was in D.C. :cool:

Valli6
06-05-2018, 10:59 AM
They're starting their "20-state summer bus tour" this week and this just helps draw attention to their publicity tour. Swatted while no one's home - is that a true case of swatting?

I was in a drug store yesterday and - would you believe it? - I saw a glossy "March for our Lives" magazine on the rack. It was like a fanzine you'd see for a rock band - so warped and weird! I leafed through it, just a bunch of colored photos i.e. Emma Gonzalez standing at podium with tears and such.

devil21
06-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Probably SWATed himself just to get himself back into the news cycle. His 15 minutes was up.

pcosmar
06-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Too bad he wasn't home.. to receive what he is inviting.

Could have been a much better story.

kahless
06-05-2018, 01:05 PM
They're starting their "20-state summer bus tour" this week and this just helps draw attention to their publicity tour. Swatted while no one's home - is that a true case of swatting?

I was in a drug store yesterday and - would you believe it? - I saw a glossy "March for our Lives" magazine on the rack. It was like a fanzine you'd see for a rock band - so warped and weird! I leafed through it, just a bunch of colored photos i.e. Emma Gonzalez standing at podium with tears and such.

Which may just work for those lost and looking for a cause to give their life meaning. I am going to take a guess there was not anything from the right on the shelves to counter it which spells trouble for our future?

aGameOfThrones
06-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Probably one of his liberal friends trying to keep him relevant.

A Son of Liberty
06-05-2018, 01:31 PM

https://www.local10.com/news/family-of-stoneman-douglas-advocate-david-hogg-swatted-at-home

Hogg was not home at time of incident

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
Posted: 9:41 AM, June 05, 2018
Updated: 9:59 AM, June 05, 2018

https://bobcat.grahamdigital.com/image/upload/view?width=640&height=360&method=crop&url=https://media.local10.com/photo/2018/06/05/Deputies%20going%20inside%20David%20Hogg%20home%20 _1528206936606.jpg_12163146_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The family of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg was "swatted" Tuesday morning, causing police to respond to their Parkland home.

A call came into the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming a hostage situation at the home.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue arrived at the scene to find there was no hostage situation and the call was a prank.

In a phone call with Local 10, Hogg reacted to the massive police presence at his home following the prank call.

"I think it's really a distraction from what we're trying to fix here," Hogg told Liane Morejon. "Which is the massive gun violence epidemic in this country."

Sky 10 was over the home as units were staged outside as a precaution. BSO responded with multiple crews and a police helicopter.

Swatting is the action of making a prank emergency call to bring about a response of armed law enforcement officers.

Since the shootings at Stoneman Douglas, Hogg has been a prominent advocate for gun safety. However, Hogg has been a lightning rod for controversy as some do not approve of his methods, such as holding a "die in" at a Coral Springs Publix last week.

Srsly, fist urself

(Not you, AF)

timosman
06-05-2018, 01:42 PM

shakey1
06-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Too bad he wasn't home.. to receive what he is inviting.

Could have been a much better story.

Yeah... likely all staged tho.

timosman
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Yeah... likely all staged tho.

I don't think so, he's probably just the most unlucky person on the planet. :cool:

H_H
06-06-2018, 06:55 AM
The warriors (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-warriors.html) It's rather amusing to see conservatives falling all over themselves to be the first to denounce the reported SWATting of David Hogg. Remember, these are the same people who claim that they will actually shoot and kill police and other lawful authorities should said authorities ever come to disarm them, but they are denouncing a much milder response to someone actively attempting to lay the foundation for those confiscations.

Let me make a prediction: if anyone does violently resist having their guns forcibly confiscated, conservatives will be the very first to denounce that resistance.

Conservatives simply don't have the backbone to fight for anything. Not their nation, not their guns, not their families, not even their persons. At this point, I tend to doubt they would have the wherewithal to do more than write a wordy complaint citing the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Gettysburg Address to protest being rounded up en masse and sent to concentration camps.

-- http://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-warriors.html