PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Navy sailor pardoned by Trump says he's suing Comey and Obama

James_Madison_Lives
06-04-2018, 05:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/04/ex-navy-sailor-pardoned-by-trump-says-hes-suing-comey-and-obama.html

A former Navy sailor who is one of five people to receive a pardon from President Donald Trump is planning to file a lawsuit against Obama administration officials, alleging that he was subject to unequal protection of the law.

Specifically, Kristian Saucier, who served a year in federal prison for taking photos of classified sections of the submarine on which he worked, argues that the same officials who meted out punishment to him for his actions chose to be lenient with Hillary Clinton in her use of a private email server and handling of classified information.

His lawyer, Ronald Daigle, told Fox News on Monday that the lawsuit, which he expects to file soon in Manhattan, will name the U.S. Department of Justice, former FBI Director James Comey and former President Barack Obama as defendants, among others.

“They interpreted the law in my case to say it was criminal,” Saucier told Fox News, referring to prosecuting authorities in his case, “but they didn’t prosecute Hillary Clinton. Hillary is still walking free. Two guys on my ship did the same thing and weren’t treated as criminals. We want them to correct the wrong.”

I'm loving the optics here. This case will drag on and every day will be a reminder that Hillary is an outright criminal.

Swordsmyth
06-04-2018, 05:58 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?520180-Trump-pardons-former-Navy-sailor-imprisoned-for-taking-photos-on-nuclear-submarine-White-Hous&p=6637159&viewfull=1#post6637159

Swordsmyth
06-26-2018, 12:27 AM
The lawyer who was handling former Navy sailor Kristian Saucier’s lawsuit against Obama administration officials - including the former president himself - has been barred by New York State from practicing for one year, presenting a major setback in the case. The Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court on Thursday suspended the law license of Ronald Daigle, who came out of retirement in 2016 to help Saucier win a pardon from President Donald Trump in March.
The appellate court determined Daigle, an Iraq War veteran with the U.S. Navy and the former police chief of his town of Granville, N.Y., had taken $23,000 from the estate of a deceased person without a retainer or authorization to take the funds. Relatives and a primary beneficiary of the deceased person had hired Daigle in 2011 to handle the estate.
The suspension came just a week after Saucier and Daigle told Fox News they were preparing to sue former President Barack Obama, former FBI Director James Comey, the Justice Department and others for subjecting the former sailor to “unequal protection of the law.”
Saucier, who served a year in federal prison for taking photos of classified sections of the submarine on which he was deployed, argues the same officials who handled his case gave Hillary Clinton a pass in her use of a private email server and handling of classified information.
Saucier told Fox News Daigle's suspension blindsided both of them. He said he will proceed with his lawsuit even if he must represent himself. Saucier said he cannot afford an attorney.
Daigle did not respond to messages for comment.
But Saucier believes there is more to the suspension than meets the eye, and wonders if it’s driven by an effort to hamper his plans to sue Obama administration officials.
“Out of the blue the court decided to come after Ron for his license for a year, the window I have for my lawsuit, and they announced it after we announced my case,” Saucier said. “It’s a liberal court system … trying to dismember my legal defense. It’s a shame, it’s retribution. They’ve backed us into a corner so that I won’t be able to file the lawsuit.”
"They're trying to silence us," Saucier said. "Ron doesn't deserve this. I won't be silenced. If I have to go to court and represent myself, act as my own lawyer, I will. I'm not going to be strong-armed."

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/25/ny-state-suspends-license-lawyer-for-ex-sailor-suing-comey-obama.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+foxnews%252Fnational+(Inter nal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

Swordsmyth
07-09-2018, 07:09 PM
The former Navy sailor pardoned by President Trump after serving a year in federal prison for taking photos of classified sections of his submarine filed a lawsuit on Monday against Obama administration officials, alleging that he was subject to unequal protection of the law.
In his federal lawsuit, filed in Albany, N.Y., Kristian Saucier alleges that the U.S. government was overzealous in prosecuting him mishandling classified information, while going easy on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for more serious violations of the same law.
Saucier’s lawsuit names as defendants former President Barack Obama, former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, former FBI Director James Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and Peter Strzok, the FBI agent who led the inquiry into Clinton’s email account.
Saucier told Fox News he was scapegoated by Obama officials who found themselves under fire for not aggressively responding to Clinton’s handling of classified information through her private email servers.
“I could have just taken the pardon by President Trump and gone on with my life,” Saucier said to Fox News, adding that he feels an obligation to get to the truth of what he sees as a double standard that let Clinton get off scot-free.
“The U.S. Constitution clearly states that all citizens are born with inalienable rights to be free from persecution by the government,” Saucier said. “My conviction and subsequent sentence for a minor military infraction compared to the treatment of politically connected individuals is a glaring example of a violation of the rights of all Americans to have equal protection under the law.”
Saucier is preparing a Freedom of Information Act request to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice seeking all correspondence relating to his case.

“I am by no means the first person to be subjected to unfair treatment by the justice system,” Saucier said. “If I were to accomplish anything by this action I would hope to make me the last.”

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/09/ex-navy-sailor-pardoned-by-trump-files-suit-against-obama-comey-for-failure-to-prosecute-hillary-clinton.html