PDA

View Full Version : Vermin Supreme is running for KS Attorney Gen.

heavenlyboy34
06-01-2018, 01:29 AM
VOTE FOR VERMIN, KANSAS PEOPLE!!! :D
http://www.cjonline.com/news/20180531/vermin-supreme-dental-activist-horse-lover-to-file-as-candidate-for-kansas-attorney-general

The sedate race for Kansas attorney general took a turn toward the bizarre Thursday with an announcement by political performance artist Vermin Supreme of plans to launch a campaign to become the state’s No. 1 prosecutor.

Vermin Love Supreme, a 50-something resident of Baltimore and frequent candidate for president of the United States, said in a statement he would file for attorney general before the deadline Friday. He intends to then host a noon rally on the steps of the Capitol in Topeka.

Supreme, who appears in public dressed as a twisted wizard, has campaigned in the past on a platform that included mandatory dental hygiene and government distribution of free ponies. On the stump, he has worn a boot as a hat and carried a large toothbrush.
In an interview Thursday, Supreme said he initially contemplated seeking the nomination for governor in Kansas. He decided against that race because of strong interest among teenagers in campaigning for the job. At this stage, three teenagers have filed for governor in Kansas.
“I didn’t want to step on any of the kids’ toes,” he said. “I didn’t want to split the kids’ vote.”

As he considered options, Supreme realized there were no Democratic candidates for attorney general. He raised the $1,600 filing fee and caught a plane to Kansas.

“The theory being, people don’t like lawyers. And, I’m not a lawyer,” Supreme said. “Just because my bag is made of carpet, it doesn’t necessarily make me a carpetbagger. I look forward to serving the Sunflower State.”
So far, the only official candidate for attorney general in Kansas is incumbent Republican Derek Schmidt. In 2010, Schmidt defeated Democratic Attorney General Steve Six and Libertarian Dennis Hawver, who wore a 1776 suit and wig to impersonate Thomas Jefferson at campaign events. Schmidt earned 66 percent of the vote to win re-election in 2014.

Supreme is apparently exploiting a supreme loophole in state election statute.

The 2018 Legislature approved a bill signed by Gov. Jeff Colyer that will require candidates for attorney general to have a license to practice law — starting Jan. 1. Not until that date will Kansas mandate that all statewide candidates for political office be a resident of the state.

“This is kind of last-minute,” said Supreme spokeswoman Desarae Lindsey. “He’s in Kansas right now. He’s been a long-time presidential candidate and political activist.”
Lindsey said she met Supreme during a Libertarian Party convention and became a fan of his unusual style of participation in the democratic process.
Supreme’s biography includes mention of interest in performance art and that he has worked to make people aware of research on the zombie apocalypse and time travel.
In 2011, he participated in Occupy Boston protests. A 2014 documentary on Supreme tracked one of his campaigns for president and explored his life as a prankster and activist.
He was reported by The Associated Press to be a Democrat as recently as 2016. In a 2008 promotional video, however, he said he was a Republican who leaned toward a form of anarchism that relied on the individual to take care of people through mutual aid.

TheTexan
06-01-2018, 02:16 AM
I don't think he'll win but I will say he's sorely needed in Kansas. Their hygiene is horrible.

Suzanimal
06-01-2018, 05:20 AM
There was a Wichita in Zombieland. Coincidence? I think not.

Anti Federalist
06-01-2018, 05:26 AM
There was a Wichita in Zombieland. Coincidence? I think not.

My daughter was the twin image of Little Rock Arkansas in that movie.

The sedate race for Kansas attorney general took a turn toward the bizarre Thursday with an announcement by political performance artist Vermin Supreme of plans to launch a campaign to become the state’s No. 1 prosecutor.

Maybe I can get back on HB's good side by donating.

He's never forgiven me for not voting VS in 2016.

Anti Globalist
06-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Free ponies for everyone.

luctor-et-emergo
06-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Would be funny if for some weird reason he won. :p Then what would he do. :toady:

Swordsmyth
06-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Would be funny if for some weird reason he won. :p Then what would he do. :toady:

Hire a libertarian lawyer as an advisor?

TheTexan
06-01-2018, 05:00 PM

He would probably refuse to prosecute non-violent drug offenders.

Imagine the horror he would unleash.

Suzanimal
06-01-2018, 05:04 PM

I think he would start with mandatory tooth-brushing laws. Doo-doo tooth is a bipartisan issue and is sure to garner support from both sides of the aisle.