PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Bee: Ivanka a "feckless cunt", should seduce her dad to change immigration policy

Anti Federalist
05-31-2018, 01:01 PM
TBS’s Samantha Bee Calls Ivanka Trump ‘Feckless Cunt’

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/31/samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-feckless-c-word/

8:11 AM 05/31/2018

TBS comedian Samantha Bee called presidential adviser Ivanka Trump a “feckless cunt” in a “Full Frontal” monologue, the night before she is set to receive an award from the Television Academy for “advancing social change.”

Bee, a liberal activist, was piggybacking on a CNN story about how some liberals were upset with Ivanka Trump for posting a picture of herself and her 2-year-old son on social media while illegal immigrant children were being separated from their parents at the border, in accordance with US law.

“You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, ” Bee said, “but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices you feckless cunt!”

The crowd then screamed and cheered.

“He listens to you,” Bee continued.

“Put on something tight and low-cut and tell your father to fucking stop it,” she said.

Bee will be receiving an award from the Television Academy Thursday night for “advancing social change.”

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 01:34 PM
And NOTHING will come of this. She'll get her award and they'll probably make up another one for her.

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Samantha Bee apologizes and all is good. She keeps job. No worries.

Samantha Bee apologizes for 'inappropriate' Ivanka Trump comment but will not be fired by TBS, despite backlash

Just days after Roseanne Barr’s show was canceled because of a racist tweet she posted, comedian Samantha Bee was in jeopardy of losing her show due to an off-color comment she made — or at least that’s what some people on the internet petitioned. The outrage, however, didn’t work.

Full Frontal host Samantha Bee took some heat for her harsh commentary Wednesday night about first daughter Ivanka Trump. During a segment regarding the United States’ current practice of separating immigrant children from their parents this week, Bee referenced Trump and called her the nastiest of words.

“You know, Ivanka,” the host said, looking into the camera, “that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices you feckless c***!”

Bee has since apologized for her remark, tweeting: “I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night. It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it.”

TBS also released a statement, telling Yahoo Entertainment, “Samantha Bee has taken the right action in apologizing for the vile and inappropriate language she used about Ivanka Trump last night. Those words should not have been aired. It was our mistake too, and we regret it.”

While many likened Bee’s C word comment to Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet about former Obama aid Valerie Jarrett, the end result was not the same. Bee kept her show and her job, despite a slew of conservative critics demanding that Bee suffer the same fate as Barr.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/samantha-bee-apologizes-inappropriate-ivanka-trump-comment-will-not-fired-tbs-despite-backlash-190808708.html

juleswin
05-31-2018, 02:18 PM
And NOTHING will come of this. She'll get her award and they'll probably make up another one for her.

Why? calling someone a cunt is no big deal and hasn't been a big deal ever. Also, Trump got away with the incestious talk with his daughter and became president. Nothing should come out of this.

Anti Federalist
05-31-2018, 02:28 PM

Hah, nailed it.

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 02:29 PM
Why? calling someone a cunt is no big deal and hasn't been a big deal ever. Also, Trump got away with the incestious talk with his daughter and became president. Nothing should come out of this.

If it's not a problem then why did Samantha Bee apologize? No big deal, no need to apologize. Right?

Anti Globalist
05-31-2018, 02:34 PM
She must be referencing when Trump said back in 2006 that if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he'd date her.

dannno
05-31-2018, 02:41 PM
Also, Trump got away with the incestious talk with his daughter and became president.

Um, no he didn't. He said if she were NOT his daughter, he would be dating her. He also said she was a 10 on Howard Stern. Wow, a dad thinks his daughter is beautiful, how exactly is that incestuous?? He never said he wanted to have sex with his daughter..

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 02:50 PM
She must be referencing when Trump said back in 2006 that if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he'd date her.

More than likely. That or other comments. There are a few. I personally don't care. Comedians are supposed to be "edgy." Court jesters, one comment away from being drawn and quartered. And they should be allowed to do it. Even the liberals darling, and mine, truthfully, George Carlin, had spoken out against political correctness. It's a social disease when it is applied the way it is these days.

Swordsmyth
05-31-2018, 02:58 PM
More than likely. That or other comments. There are a few. I personally don't care. Comedians are supposed to be "edgy." Court jesters, one comment away from being drawn and quartered. And they should be allowed to do it. Even the liberals darling, and mine, truthfully, George Carlin, had spoken out against political correctness. It's a social disease when it is applied the way it is these days.

I think comedians should be held to decency standards, BY THE AUDIENCE, the market will handle the problem as well as it can be handled.

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 03:02 PM
I think comedians should be held to decency standards, BY THE AUDIENCE, the market will handle the problem as well as it can be handled.

I agree. Let the market decide. Not politically driven outrage.

spudea
05-31-2018, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't care what she said but if the loony left continues to terrorize and set a standard of canceling shows based on saying horrible things, then they should be held to the same standard.

Also notice how every Rosanne article includes the description of "trump supporter". But every article about Harvey Weinstein conveniently leaves out "Clinton supporter and close friend". This is how they try to engineer public perception and it is EVIL.

donnay
05-31-2018, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't care what she said but if the loony left continues to terrorize and set a standard of canceling shows based on saying horrible things, then they should be held to the same standard.

Also notice how every Rosanne article includes the description of "trump supporter". But every article about Harvey Weinstein conveniently leaves out "Clinton supporter and close friend". This is how they try to engineer public perception and it is EVIL.

The double standards are glaring. I wouldn't watch Samantha Bee if you put a gun to my head she has no talent.

donnay
05-31-2018, 04:05 PM
Autotrader pulls sponsorship of Samantha Bee's Full Frontal show as pressure grows on TBS network over her 'feckless c***' slur against Ivanka Trump
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5793065/Autotrader-pulls-sponsorship-Samantha-Bees-Ivanka-slur.html#ixzz5H7TZR7xQ

euphemia
05-31-2018, 04:21 PM
You never heard Carol Burnett or Lucille Ball talk that way. Two of the funniest women in television history.

kahless
05-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Has anyone here tried watching her? I try to watch all sides before judging and look at it from the point of view as a supporter of that genre. My review in this case is that I am amazed she was given a show since it is absolutely the worst garbage on cable TV. Who the heck watches this crap, never mind I know, the Nielsen ratings are probably rigged.

It is like the elites version of affirmative action for far left comedians on broadcast cable.

euphemia
05-31-2018, 05:24 PM
We see the commercials. We don't like even that much.

kahless
05-31-2018, 05:32 PM
We see the commercials. We don't like even that much.

Her commercials are like nails on the chalkboard. They think they her helping but I wonder how many people tune out after being fed up with her promos. Seeing her promos gives the feeling of being a fool for simply being tuned into that channel.

phill4paul
05-31-2018, 05:41 PM
You never heard Carol Burnett or Lucille Ball talk that way. Two of the funniest women in television history.

Comedic buffoons. Relegated to a certain age. They did pablum well. Not George Carlin and his seven filthy words. Or Bill Hicks. Extreme court jesters.

enhanced_deficit
05-31-2018, 05:41 PM
While she can be criticized for her politics but have not seen family member of a past sitting POTUS receiving criticism with such harsh tone and language. Lately her criticism in media has sharply spiked, from China trademarks scandal to Embassy move violence scandal to her being a follower of comedian Roseanne Barr on twitter among other things. But use of terms like c-word (http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/31/samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-feckless-c-word/) or g-word (http://www.nydailynews.com/resizer/G5Z0ybb34n9C8kxtKaK82V0pHd8=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/7Y3DH4IUH3TXMR2P5OQJKPTFHQ.jpg) clearly crosses the line even if political critique in some cases may be justified.

Roseanne is not afraid to speak her mind and I find that refreshing whether I agree with her or not.

EM.
Even if she/comedians like her used terms that violated norms of decent speech?

juleswin
06-01-2018, 06:21 AM
If it's not a problem then why did Samantha Bee apologize? No big deal, no need to apologize. Right?

People do apologize all the time even when they didn't do anything wrong. Apology doesn't mean person apologizing did something wrong, just that someone got but hurt and the person apologizing has a soft heart.

H_H
06-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I agree. Let the market decide. Not politically driven outrage.

However, let's finally notice: liferuining works only one direction: the left inflicting on the right.

The left is in hegemony, the right is targeted for extermination/genocide. The left is the Inner Party. The right is the pathetic, hapless outer party.

dannno
06-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Has anyone here tried watching her? I try to watch all sides before judging and look at it from the point of view as a supporter of that genre. My review in this case is that I am amazed she was given a show since it is absolutely the worst garbage on cable TV. Who the heck watches this crap, never mind I know, the Nielsen ratings are probably rigged.

It is like the elites version of affirmative action for far left comedians on broadcast cable.

LOL, it is not the "worst" garbage on cable tv, it is up there with the "best" garbage on cable tv... I actually like the new show, but the first two episodes feature a lot of that trans kid and those parts weren't my favorite, but the trans kid was COMPLETELY absent from the next 4 or 5 episodes and when they appeared again it was for like 15 seconds..which makes sense because I think kids like that are kinda annoying for most people.

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2018, 10:19 AM

"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will trigger people to run for a safe space..."

Many women say that the c-word to women is fully equivalent to the n-word to black people.

juleswin
06-01-2018, 10:27 AM
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will trigger people to run for a safe space..."

Many women say that the c-word to women is fully equivalent to the n-word to black people.

Speaking of safe spaces, you are a moderator in a site that still bans people for speech against religion, some people will call that a form of safe space. But yea, a person using that word in a comedy routine has for the longest time been considered acceptable use of the word.

dannno
06-01-2018, 11:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKCZxhVGGQ

enhanced_deficit
06-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Incredible, while discussing insult of women, Joe of Morning Joe brought up insults of Ted Cruz's wife by Trump in some convoluted argument about comedians boundaries.

Except that Trump has never attacked women using such explicit words.

Suzanimal
06-01-2018, 11:37 AM
People do apologize all the time even when they didn't do anything wrong. Apology doesn't mean person apologizing did something wrong, just that someone got but hurt and the person apologizing has a soft heart.

Or they just want to keep their jerb.

Personally, I don't give a crap. I've probably called Ivanka worse but as others have pointed out, the hypocrisy is glaring.

Suzanimal
06-01-2018, 11:40 AM

I've heard that, too but it doesn't bother me. If someone's calling me names, I probably don't like 'em anyway so why should I care what they think of me?:confused: I just don't.

juleswin
06-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Or they just want to keep their jerb.

Personally, I don't give a crap. I've probably called Ivanka worse but as others have pointed out, the hypocrisy is glaring.

Mostly agree but I still don't see the hypocrisy here. One statement was said during a comedy routine and the other in an angry rant on twitter. Plus she said some other things that people considered to be anti-semitic in her twitter ranting. Most things can be forgiven but anti semitism put you over the edge regardless of the forum which the offending words are said.

H_H
06-01-2018, 02:41 PM
but anti semitism puts you over the edge regardless of the forum which the offending words are said.

Dr.3D
06-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Sounds to me like Samantha is butt hurt that she doesn't have as much feck as Ivanka.

phill4paul
06-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Sounds to me like Samantha is butt hurt that she doesn't have as much feck as Ivanka.

Samantha tapes her dick back and identifies as a woman. It is known.

Swordsmyth
06-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Speaking of safe spaces, you are a moderator in a site that still bans people for speech against religion, some people will call that a form of safe space. But yea, a person using that word in a comedy routine has for the longest time been considered acceptable use of the word.

LOL, Influenza's posting history is proof positive that you are talking through your hat, not to mention other posters.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-01-2018, 06:01 PM
I never heard of her. Maybe she's still mad because no one asked that attitude to the prom.

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2018431/rs_1024x759-180531121248-1024.samantha-bee-ivanka-trump.ct.053118.jpg?fit=inside|900:auto&output-quality=90

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2018, 05:39 AM
I never heard of her. Maybe she's still mad because no one asked that attitude to the prom.

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2018431/rs_1024x759-180531121248-1024.samantha-bee-ivanka-trump.ct.053118.jpg?fit=inside|900:auto&output-quality=90

Incidentally this was the tweet Joe of MJ invoked couple of days ago when covering current comedian insults scandals:

https://static.businessinsider.com/image/56f3825e52bcd01d7b8b83e0/image.jpg

When it comes to looks, even his critics tend to agree that GOP conservatives current leader is surrounded by the best looking ladies.

Brian4Liberty
06-02-2018, 12:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKCZxhVGGQ

Seems that Joe puts them in the same category.

dannno
06-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Seems that Joe puts them in the same category.

The joke right after that he was building up to about "stringing words together" is one of the best jokes in the set, that video needed another 60 seconds on it.. this is the full live set it continues at 22:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUl4EenGSO8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUl4EenGSO8