PDA

View Full Version : Trump places Nashville rally crowd size above arena capacity, disputes reports

Zippyjuan
05-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Mine's bigger! They are just being mean to me! (he loves to exaggerate)

President Donald Trump is touting the size of the crowd at his rally in Nashville Tuesday evening, a day after suggesting the audience was larger than the building allows.

On Wednesday morning Trump said on Twitter that the New York Times estimates about the size of the crowd inside Municipal Auditorium were wrong.

The newspaper reported the crowd to be about 1,000. The article was later updated to reflect the actual size of the crowd, which officials said contained 5,500 people.

The USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee confirmed the total with fire officials Wednesday morning.

Despite officials' estimates, the Trump campaign double-down Wednesday afternoon saying there were 8,000 people at the rally.

In his tweet, the president said the audience at the rally was “many times that number.”

Speaking to those at a fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn held at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center prior to Tuesday’s rally, the president said he heard thousands of people were at Municipal Auditorium.

“You know we have an event. I hear we have 12,000 people there. They have 12,000 seats. We have 12,000 people,” Trump said according to an audio record obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK-Tennessee.

“We have a lot of people…we can’t get them in. Unless the fire marshal really treats us good,” he said. “I will say that we do, we have over 12,000 people standing trying to get in and most of them are in now but I’m going there to make a speech.”

"Our Fire Marshal's office counted around 5,500 people who attended the rally last night," he said.

A significant portion of the seating area inside the building was blocked off to allow for crowd risers and massive American flags behind the stage where the president spoke.

Trump has repeatedly touted the size of his crowds at various events, including his 2017 inauguration.

After the inauguration, Trump famously — and incorrectly — claimed it “looked like a million, a million and a half people” were there to see him sworn in. At the time, his former press secretary Sean Spicer falsely claimed it was “the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the world."

Capacity is officially 9,600 but a chunk was blocked off from the stage on back. No way you could get 12,000 even in full capacity.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/3e679277c0a024276997f0bd84b0386adee53832/c=0-0-4263-3205&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2018/05/29/TennGroup/Nashville/636632238087866671-SEM-3745.JPG

phill4paul
05-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Slow news day, zippy?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-30-2018, 06:15 PM
The newspaper reported the crowd to be about 1,000. The article was later updated to reflect the actual size of the crowd, which officials said contained 5,500 people.

Did you investigate that update and discrepancy? What do you make of that, "Supporting Member?"

timosman
05-30-2018, 06:22 PM
he loves to exaggerate

Unlike globalist shills who mostly stick to the facts. :cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Unlike globalist shills who mostly stick to the facts. :cool:

I would say that Zip's "supporting member" claim is far beyond an exaggeration.

timosman
05-30-2018, 06:27 PM
I would say that Zip's "supporting member" claim is far beyond an exaggeration.

I am sure they think it's a good PR.:D

donnay
05-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Do want to show the crowds of people who support Trump and other candidates--it's harder to rig an election when you see the tremendous crowd size.

Jamesiv1
05-30-2018, 06:42 PM
Why do people flock to Trump?

All the right people hate him.

euphemia
05-30-2018, 06:47 PM
How many times have you been to Municipal Auditorium, Zippy?

I live in Nashville. People were lined up the day before the rally to be able to meet the President. They were there ahead of the Secret Service and had to be moved to a different location during the security sweep and because of severe weather anticipated in the area. Many people who waited in line were not able to get into the rally.

Municipal Auditorium was packed as far as available seating is concerned. Only about 2/3 of the arena was available because of security. It was a packed house. Two of my brothers in-law graduated in Municipal Auditorium. I saw the Harlem Globetrotters there in about 1980 and many skating shows there, as well as the US Gymnastics Championships in 1994. I have been in that building many, many times and know exactly how big it is.

I was also at the first Tea Party rally down by War Memorial Auditorium a few blocks away from Municipal Auditorium. The media said there were a few hundred supporters there. That's a big fat lie, although the few dozen protesters got way more air time. I would not trust the mainstream media as far as I could throw them.

Get a life, Zip.

euphemia
05-30-2018, 06:50 PM
Why do people flock to Trump?

All the right people hate him.

Senator Bob Corker was booed. What do you make of that? His nickname here in TN is "Kickback Corker."

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Get a life, Zip.

Oh, he's got a life. And a partial livelihood right here on RPF. He gets paid to post this. I 100% guarantee it.

timosman
05-30-2018, 06:53 PM
How many times have you been to Municipal Auditorium, Zippy?

I live in Nashville. People were lined up the day before the rally to be able to meet the President. They were there ahead of the Secret Service and had to be moved to a different location during the security sweep and because of severe weather anticipated in the area. Many people who waited in line were not able to get into the rally.

Municipal Auditorium was packed as far as available seating is concerned. Only about 2/3 of the arena was available because of security. It was a packed house. Two of my brothers in-law graduated in Municipal Auditorium. I saw the Harlem Globetrotters there in about 1980 and many skating shows there, as well as the US Gymnastics Championships in 1994. I have been in that building many, many times and know exactly how big it is.

I was also at the first Tea Party rally down by War Memorial Auditorium a few blocks away from Municipal Auditorium. The media said there were a few hundred supporters there. That's a big fat lie, although the few dozen protesters got way more air time. I would not trust the mainstream media as far as I could throw them.

Get a life, Zip.

Zippy takes a beating.

timosman
05-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Oh, he's got a life. And a partial livelihood right here on RPF. He gets paid to post this. I 100% guarantee it.

I wouldn't be so sure. We can not exclude possibility of a severe psychological disorder.;)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Zippy takes a beating.

He takes a beating, but keeps on tweeting.

https://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Twitter-Bird-with-Money.jpg

spudea
05-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Capacity is officially 9,600 but a chunk was blocked off from the stage on back. No way you could get 12,000 even in full capacity.

thousands were outside that couldn't get in

euphemia
05-30-2018, 07:00 PM

He's a cashier the rest of the time, according to him. Zippy says a lot of things.

Jamesiv1
05-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Senator Bob Corker was booed. What do you make of that. His nickname here in TN is "Kickback Corker."
Don't know anything about Corker. I don't really follow politics as a rule. I tend to find a horse I like and stick with it.

What's up with Corker?

If he's a slob that likes Trump, that's Ok. Just because someone likes Trump doesn't mean I would call them a friend.

TheTexan
05-30-2018, 07:28 PM
thousands were outside that couldn't get in

And even more thousands were on the way but were stuck in traffic

oyarde
05-30-2018, 07:54 PM
And even more thousands were on the way but were stuck in traffic

Highly probable .

Jamesiv1
05-30-2018, 08:01 PM
Highly probable .
And thousands more that wanted to go but had personal issues that prevented it.

euphemia
05-30-2018, 08:05 PM
What's up with Corker?
He us the junior senator from TN. He was a potential VP candidate.

juleswin
05-30-2018, 08:12 PM
How about someone show a pic of this crowd that was supposedly filled to the brim? I am sure Trump PR people were able to get a pic of it.

I am not saying people are smart enough to avoid the lying, murdering, authoritarian piece of shit but if the numbers are true, i'd at least would like to see a pic confirmation.

Jamesiv1
05-30-2018, 08:24 PM
How about someone show a pic of this crowd that was supposedly filled to the brim? I am sure Trump PR people were able to get a pic of it.

I am not saying people are smart enough to avoid the lying, murdering, authoritarian piece of shit but if the numbers are true, i'd at least would like to see a pic confirmation.

Me: You want me to show you the crowd. You NEED me to show you the crowd.

You: I want the pics!!

Me: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PICS!!!

dannno
05-30-2018, 08:32 PM

The pics are in the OP, it was not a full house because security prevented it, but had they had a larger capacity auditorium the numbers Trump gave would have been pretty close based on forum member testimony.

dannno
05-30-2018, 08:34 PM

And thousands more wanted to go but their minds are being held captive by the MSM.

juleswin
05-30-2018, 08:37 PM
You want me to show you pics. You NEED me to show you pics.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PICS!!!

I can handle the truth, the operating system I work with operates on the assumption that human beings are stupid and would do stupid things when given a chance. Trump is a know liar that is expected that he would exaggerate his crowd size, also the fact that the vast majority of the people are stupid and will continue to support this buffoon is also expected.

My expectation is so low that I can handle just about any harsh truths. So enough with this long talking, its time for both sides to show their evidence. I am sure the pics are out there on the internet.

enhanced_deficit
05-30-2018, 08:39 PM
This is fun stuff but can talk about some things of substance also that happened at this rally.

This shows that POTUS can multitask , hold mega rallies, attack Hillary, get payment for the wall, attack media over Roseanne barr tweets while doing homework for upcoming historic NK summit that could make NK give up its nukes.

Trump: Mexico will pay for border wall and ‘enjoy it’

NASHVILLE, Tenn.

“In the end, Mexico is going to pay for the wall,” Trump said. “I’m telling you. I don’t want to cause any problem, but in the end Mexico is going to pay for the wall.”

Trump implied that Mexico is making concessions in the ongoing negotiations over continuation of the North American Free Trade Agreement but gave no details.
“They’re going to pay for the wall and they’re going to enjoy it,” Trump said.

Mexican President Enrique Peņa Nieto responded late Tuesday:
President @real (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=68777)DonaldTrump: NO. Mexico will NEVER pay for a wall. Not now, not ever.
Sincerely, Mexico (all of us).
— Enrique Peņa Nieto (@EPN) May 30, 2018

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/05/30/trump-mexico-will-pay-for-border-wall-and-enjoy-it/

juleswin
05-30-2018, 08:41 PM
The pics are in the OP, it was not a full house because security prevented it, but had they had a larger capacity auditorium the numbers Trump gave would have been pretty close based on forum member testimony.

Did he just put the pic with the edit? First time I saw the post, there was pic in it. Thanks for the correction.

oyarde
05-30-2018, 08:50 PM

They were at work . Dems never have that problem . They can shake the food stamp rolls and baby killer rolls and get a good turnout in any inner city in merica.

timosman
05-30-2018, 09:23 PM
They were at work . Dems never have that problem . They can shake the food stamp rolls and baby killer rolls and get a good turnout in any inner city in merica.

It's a great opportunity to meet new people.:cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-30-2018, 09:43 PM
He's a cashier the rest of the time, according to him. Zippy says a lot of things.

Well, I know he works at a grocery store. I figure he is probably assistant mgr. Prolly not a bad gig.