PDA

View Full Version : Obama Education secretary: Pull children out of schools until gun laws change

Swordsmyth
05-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Former Education Secretary Arne Duncan (http://thehill.com/people/arne-duncan) said Friday that it was "tragically necessary" for parents to pull their children out of school en masse until U.S. gun laws are changed.
In a tweet, the former Obama administration official asked what would happen if no children went to school until "gun laws changed to keep them safe."
"My family is all in if we can do this at scale. Parents, will you please join us?" he asked.

More at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/388468-obama-education-secretary-pull-children-out-of-schools-until

Be careful what you wish for Arne.

r3volution 3.0
05-19-2018, 11:47 PM
The irrational fear this has created could be effectively exploited to argue for the elimination of physical schools altogether.

Imagine the teachers' union trying to argue against protecting the children...

ThePaleoLibertarian
05-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Hmm, interesting thought... Agreeing with liberals for the wrong reasons?

Anti Federalist
05-20-2018, 12:50 AM
Obama Education secretary: Pull children out of schools

Best thing that could happen to them

A Son of Liberty
05-20-2018, 04:45 AM
Best idea I've heard in years...

Michael Landon
05-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Everyone should pull their children out of the schools but for vastly different reasons.

- ML

XNavyNuke
05-20-2018, 07:44 PM
But keep giving public teachers pay raises when they strike. Make sure they get paid even when the classrooms are empty.

XNN

oyarde
05-20-2018, 07:56 PM
I agree . Close public schools and refund taxes used to fund such until all gun laws are abolished . Oyarde supports this .

euphemia
05-20-2018, 08:09 PM
I wonder if some parents are pulling their kids for safety reasons. We were home schooling when Columbine, Paducah, and Russellville happened. This city is the home of Contemporary Christian music. I believe Michael W. Smith did a lot with Columbine and Steven Curtis Chapman did a lot for Paducah. The news cycle for these shootings was very long because of celebrity involvement. Gun control was not really part of the discussion until much later.

I recall writing a letter to the editor suggesting that getting your kids home alive at the end of every school day is not a moral victory, and that home schooling was a more safe option. To parents who suggest they can't afford to home school, I would suggest I can't put a price on the life of a child.

Schools are soft targets. They are. The Russellville shooting was done by two little kids. They pulled the fire alarm and shot their friends and teachers down as they filed out of the school.

Champ
05-20-2018, 09:51 PM
This is what I like to refer to as "positive blowback", brought to us again by leftists. Calexit and "government shutdowns" being some of the other ones.

Anti Globalist
05-21-2018, 05:02 AM
I'd say thats a mighty fine idea.

Voluntarist
05-21-2018, 06:37 AM
xxxxx