PDA

View Full Version : Spike Lee gets 10 min standing ovation, calls POTUS M-word

enhanced_deficit
05-15-2018, 10:37 AM
In sharp contrast to media couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, Spike Lee seems to have crossed the line by invoking M-word for a sitting POTUS:

Spike Lee Slams Trump as ‘Motherf–ker’ After ‘BlacKkKlansman’ Cannes Premiere

By Christopher Vourlias

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/spike-lee-cannes.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1 CREDIT: IAN LANGSDON/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock

Spike Lee delivered a blistering attack against Donald Trump on Tuesday, refusing to mention the president by name while saying he’d shirked his moral duty to speak out in the aftermath of last year’s deadly riots in Charlottesville.
Appearing at a press conference alongside the stars of “BlacKkKlansman,” which world premiered in Cannes on Monday night, the director said the film was on the “right side of history” while denouncing the president for not taking a firm stance in the wake of violence that erupted following a white nationalist rally, leaving three people dead.

“That motherf–ker was given a chance to say we are bout love, and not hate, and that motherf–ker did not denounce the motherf–king Klan, the alt-right, and those Nazi motherf–kers,” he said.
“It was a defining moment, and he could’ve said to the world…that we were better than that.”

“BlacKkKlansman” is based on the incredible true story of black police detective Ron Stallworth (John David Washington), who infiltrated the Ku Klux Klan in the 1970s.
Describing it as a “major comeback” for Lee, Variety called the film “as much a compelling black empowerment story as it is an electrifying commentary on the problems of African-American representation across more than a century of cinema.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/markets-festivals/spike-lee-trump-1202810904/

dannno
05-15-2018, 10:49 AM
“That motherf–ker was given a chance to say we are bout love, and not hate, and that motherf–ker did not denounce the motherf–king Klan, the alt-right, and those Nazi motherf–kers,” he said.

“It was a defining moment, and he could’ve said to the world…that we were better than that.”
http://variety.com/2018/film/markets-festivals/spike-lee-trump-1202810904/

Lying piece of shit.

The Department of Justice has opened a civil-rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American and wounded 20 others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend’s racist violence, you will be held accountable. Justice will be delivered.

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of bigotry, hatred, and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws; we all salute the same great flag; and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must discover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our creator, we are equal under the law, and we are equal under our constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.
-Donald Trump

Raginfridus
05-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Lying piece of $#@!.

-Donald Trump

Hollywood's business is lies.

Anti Federalist
05-15-2018, 11:04 AM
M word?

Seriously?

enhanced_deficit
05-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Lee was Obama supporter so may have not looked at all of Trump's messaging/revisions objectively, Trump modulated his responses somewhat after media attacks on him reached a certain level back then.

There may have been some carried over biased sentiments too from campaign season when Trump used to say things like these:

http://bolojawan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/trump2_0.png

https://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/donald-trump-keeps-blaming-obama-for-fergu/u/original/6446227/trumpferguson3.png

Think he has apologized for both these tweets and nullified birther claims soon after winning election.

On a side note, credit should go to Obama also for showing some class and not putting out a tweet like this as a retort to above tweet:

https://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/donald-trump-keeps-blaming-obama-for-fergu/u/original/6446227/trumpferguson3.png

Sadly, because president Trump has done such a poor job handling pro-war, anti racial-equality Israeli lobbies interference in US policies, ending Iran deal and managing nepotism, you won't see another orange presidnet with zionist Israeli settlements financing jewish son-in-law for generations!

enhanced_deficit
05-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Hollywood's business is lies.

That is why honest men seem not to succeed in that business abd move on to more honorable things like politics.

Donald Trump Planned to Build the Largest Movie Studio in the US
businessinsider
Jun 14, 2016 - Trump's studio would have been ten times the size of Disneyland and ... and TV production campus in America," according to The Hollywood Reporter. ... purchased by other entities or already in use by the US government.

r3volution 3.0
05-15-2018, 11:15 AM
M word?

Seriously?

Disappointing, I only came in because I thought they'd invented a new one.

How about moist? I'll bet if you walked up to strangers and called them moist, you'd eventually get decked.

ChristianAnarchist
05-15-2018, 11:16 AM
M word?

Seriously?

Of course there's also the "B word" and the "S word" and lets try some "Q Z and Y words"...

Anti Federalist
05-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Disappointing, I only came in because I thought they'd invented a new one.

How about moist? I'll bet if you walked up to strangers and called them moist, you'd eventually get decked.

Or thrown off a train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1sgug6prw

r3volution 3.0
05-15-2018, 12:02 PM
Or thrown off a train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1sgug6prw

For a minute, I thought that was Rip Torn in drag.

jmdrake
05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Lying piece of $#@!.

-Donald Trump

Actually, falsely accused racist Steve Bannon did a better job condemning the Charlottesville thugs than did Donald Trump.

Trump:
“Not all of those people were neo-Nazis,” Trump asserted. “Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. ... You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people—on both sides.”

Bannon:
"Ethno-nationalism - it's losers," he said. "It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more."

"These guys are a collection of clowns," he added.

dannno
05-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Actually, falsely accused racist Steve Bannon did a better job condemning the Charlottesville thugs than did Donald Trump.

Trump:
“Not all of those people were neo-Nazis,” Trump asserted. “Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch. ... You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people—on both sides.”

Bannon:
"Ethno-nationalism - it's losers," he said. "It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more."

"These guys are a collection of clowns," he added.

Dude, you are so full of shit.. READ THE QUOTE I POSTED from Trump. Read it slowly, the whole thing, he LITERALLY says everything that Spike Lee wanted him to say, and more, a thousands times more eloquently. There is LITERALLY nothing more he could have said to disavow them...

But it also happens that what you quoted Trump as saying was 100% correct. Not everybody protesting the statue was a white supremacist.. there were fine people there that day protesting taking the statue down who were not white supremacists and Antifa are a bunch of terrorists who attack Trump supporters and conservatives, people who like Ben Shapiro (Jewish) and Milo (gay).

jmdrake
05-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Dude, you are so full of $#@!.. READ THE QUOTE I POSTED from Trump. Read it slowly, the whole thing, he LITERALLY says everything that Spike Lee wanted him to say, and more, a thousands times more eloquently. There is LITERALLY nothing more he could have said to disavow them...

Dude, you are perpetually full of shyt. Trump said there were "fine people on both sides." That's a direct quote. Steve Bannon, correctly, disavowed the whole lot. You are known by the company you keep. A "fine person" doesn't join in with a KKK "unite the right" rally. There is a reason that NAMBLA is no longer welcome at gay pride rallies.

I'm waiting for the day Donald Trump says there are "fine people on both sides" of the black lives matter/blue lives matter divide. I won't be holding my breath on that one though.

Raginfridus
05-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Wow, Charlottesville again?

donnay
05-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Spike Lee is a typical hollyweird sycophant who doesn’t know come here from sic ’em. :rolleyes:

Valli6
05-15-2018, 12:56 PM
I guess a standing ovation isn't all that meaningful at Cannes. Supposedly a hundred people walked out of The House That Jack Built because it was too disgusting, but it still got a standing ovation.

Disgust, walkouts hit Lars von Trier's gruesome murder epic 'The House That Jack Built'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/05/14/cannes-disgust-walkouts-lars-von-trier-murder-epic-jack-built/609972002/

dannno
05-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Dude, you are perpetually full of shyt. Trump said there were "fine people on both sides." That's a direct quote. Steve Bannon, correctly, disavowed the whole lot. You are known by the company you keep. A "fine person" doesn't join in with a KKK "unite the right" rally. There is a reason that NAMBLA is no longer welcome at gay pride rallies.

I'm waiting for the day Donald Trump says there are "fine people on both sides" of the black lives matter/blue lives matter divide. I won't be holding my breath on that one though.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read..

Trump LITERALLY said..

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

That is just a PORTION of his statement.. in total, Trump called the white supremacists out way harder than Bannon in the quote I posted.. Maybe you should actually read it.

And good God you are soooo full of shit.. The Charlottesville protest wasn't a neo-Nazi protest, stop slopping up all the mainstream media garbage.. it was a protest against taking down a statue!! Some of the people there were good people, who were NOT white supremacists, they got very little attention from the media BUT THEY WERE THERE... and some were not - the neo-Nazis were not good people, and Trump called them out, HARD.

That is how it happened, stop acting like such a deep state clown.

dannno
05-15-2018, 02:19 PM
There is a reason that NAMBLA is no longer welcome at gay pride rallies.

Ok, let's use your analogy about NAMBLA coming to a gay pride rally, so you can understand what the fuck happened because you are being completely delusional..

What happened was there was going to be a gay pride rally (aka protesting taking down a statue), and NAMBLA (aka neo-Nazis) decided to crash it. Yes, a lot of NAMBLA showed up and it was a shit-show, the media mostly covered NAMBLA.. But off to the side the gay pride parade still happened, even though it got less attention.

Some anti-pedo people come to the parade dressed in black and beat up some NAMBLA folks and a some innocent people at the gay pride parade. Turns out they aren't really anti-kid fucking they just wanted to beat people up.

Trump said that the people at the gay pride parade down the way, some of them were fine people. Then he says NAMBLA is a horrible organization, and there are bad people on both sides..

Then CNN says that Trump supports NAMBLA because he said that some of the people at the gay pride parade were fine people and some of the folks who beat up some NAMBLA people were not good people.

SORRY DUDE THAT'S RETARDED.

jmdrake
05-15-2018, 02:33 PM
Ok, let's use your analogy about NAMBLA coming to a gay pride rally, so you can understand what the $#@! happened because you are being completely delusional..

Says the jackass that thinks that he can quote from one university to prove the dorm rules at another.

What happened was there was going to be a gay pride rally (aka protesting taking down a statue), and NAMBLA (aka neo-Nazis) decided to crash it. Yes, a lot of NAMBLA showed up and it was a $#@!-show, the media mostly covered NAMBLA.. But off to the side the gay pride parade still happened, even though it got less attention.

Neo nazis helped organize the "unite the right" rally and were given speaking slots. But for the sake of your delusion, let's assume your BS argument is correct. All you have to do is skip the neo nazi crashed rally and come back and do your rally later or do your rally before.

Some anti-pedo people come to the parade dressed in black and beat up some NAMBLA folks and a some innocent people at the gay pride parade. Turns out they aren't really anti-kid $#@!ing they just wanted to beat people up.

Trump said that the people at the gay pride parade down the way, some of them were fine people. Then he says NAMBLA is a horrible organization, and there are bad people on both sides..

Again, let me know when Trump says there are good people in Black Lives Matter. I won't hold my breath especially after his cop-sucking speech today.

SORRY DUDE THAT'S RETARDED.

You are the poster child for retardation.

jmdrake
05-15-2018, 02:35 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read..

You must not read your own posts then. Again, Steve Bannon correctly dismissed the whole lot. Someone who goes to a rally with a bunch of klansmen and thinks he's being "unfairly tarnished" is at best a clown and at worst a retard.

dannno
05-15-2018, 02:42 PM
You must not read your own posts then. Again, Steve Bannon correctly dismissed the whole lot. Someone who goes to a rally with a bunch of klansmen and thinks he's being "unfairly tarnished" is at best a clown and at worst a retard.

You are missing the obvious fact that Trump ALSO dismissed the whole lot of neo-Nazis, but the fact is there were people who were not neo-Nazis at Charlottesville that day. That was the whole point of "Unite the Right", it was supposed to be EVERYBODY on the right, including the neo-Nazis.. That is why the neo-Nazis were completely discarded by the right after that event, because they saw that they were trying to trick people into being associated with them. You should bloody well know that the vast majority of the leaders of the neo-Nazis are federal agents..

You weren't paying attention so you wouldn't know this, but Laura Loomer and Jack Psobiec were given speaking slots (they are Jewish), and Mike Cernovich warned them not to go and they found out who was putting it on and decided not to go AT THE LAST MINUTE!! But there were many other people who attended and even ended up speaking because they didn't realize who was putting on the rally. The neo-Nazis didn't make it obvious.. But ya, pretty sure when they saw the tiki-torches all the good people no doubt went elsewhere.

Then there is the fact that there was a whole group of people protesting who were UNINVOLVED with the Unite the Right rally, they were just there protesting the statue..

So yes, the neo-Nazis essentially hijacked the event, but there were people there protesting the removal of the statue (the original purpose of the protest) who were fine people.

There are also fine people who are apart of black lives matter, no doubt. Probably not many who are hardcore, but people who associate themselves with it? Sure.

jmdrake
05-15-2018, 02:45 PM
You are missing the obvious fact that Trump ALSO dismissed the whole lot of neo-Nazis, but the fact is there were people who were not neo-Nazis at Charlottesville that day.

I'm not missing anything at all jackass. Steve Bannon rightly dismissed everyone in attendance because decent people tend to not to want to be associated with the KKK and neo nazis. And again, I have yet to hear you defend that fact that Trump has yet to say anything positive about anyone in BLM. Hang out with klansmen? You might be okay. Take a knee against police brutality? You're the scum of the earth. I understand your argument. I just think it's stupid just like I think your "Well university X doesn't allow naps in the common area so Yale must not either" argument is stupid.

dannno
05-15-2018, 02:48 PM
I'm not missing anything at all jackass. Steve Bannon rightly dismissed everyone in attendance because decent people tend to not to want to be associated with the KKK and neo nazis.

That was the whole point of "Unite the Right", it was supposed to be EVERYBODY on the right, including the neo-Nazis.. That is why the neo-Nazis were completely discarded by the right after that event, because they saw that they were trying to trick people into being associated with them. You should bloody well know that the vast majority of the leaders of the neo-Nazis are federal agents..

You weren't paying attention so you wouldn't know this, but Laura Loomer and Jack Psobiec were given speaking slots (they are Jewish), and Mike Cernovich warned them not to go and they found out who was putting it on and decided not to go AT THE LAST MINUTE!! But there were many other people who attended and even ended up speaking because they didn't realize who was putting on the rally. The neo-Nazis didn't make it obvious.. But ya, pretty sure when they saw the tiki-torches all the good people no doubt went elsewhere.

Then there is the fact that there was a whole group of people protesting who were UNINVOLVED with the Unite the Right rally, they were just there protesting the statue..

So yes, the neo-Nazis essentially hijacked the event, but there were people there protesting the removal of the statue (the original purpose of the protest) who were fine people.

There are also fine people who are apart of black lives matter, no doubt. Probably not many who are hardcore, but people who associate themselves with it? Sure.

Since you only read the first sentence, that was the rest of my post.. it is important to improve your vast lack of understanding.

And you are wrong, because Steve Bannon did NOT dismiss the entire group of people at attendance that day, he did the same thing that Trump did and dismissed the neo-Nazis. Nowhere did Bannon say that every single person in attendance was a neo-Nazi. He did say "These guys are a collection of clowns" but he meant all of the neo-Nazis in attendance, not the conservatives in attendance who were merely protesting the statue being taken down.

Schifference
05-15-2018, 02:56 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dannno again.

tod evans
05-15-2018, 03:27 PM
Who the fuck is 'Spike Lee'?

And why does what he says amount to anything?

RJB
05-15-2018, 03:37 PM
Who the fuck is 'Spike Lee'?

And why does what he says amount to anything?
This forum has a long history of quoting from great intellectuals such as Brittany Spears, Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian. If you are ignorant of the importance of Spike Lee I suggest that you put down your book, turn on the TV and educate yourself.

Schifference
05-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Seems like Spike Lee's motive was to get publicity for his new film.

Anti Globalist
05-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Oh noes. Spike lee called Trump a mtherfker. Whatever shall we do? Shall we start running for the hills?

enhanced_deficit
05-15-2018, 04:17 PM
This forum has a long history of quoting from great intellectuals such as Brittany Spears, Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian. If you are ignorant of the importance of Spike Lee I suggest that you put down your book, turn on the TV and educate yourself.

Good point but we can't just ignore the fact that current leader in chief is a former reality TV star and Kardashians, Kanye Wests, Spike Lees have some importance. POTUS recently tweeted to thank Kanye attributing his polls jump to him if I recall right. Spike lee probably as much or more influential politically.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.kywam.radio.com/styles/nts_image_cover_tall_775x425/s3/S092900821.JPG?itok=ddlszOq0&c=779f631d4dda8ae1ebee47d1df43b5ae

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/011/710/6fb.png