PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a Superbowl commercial is a good use of money?

Mental Dribble
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Do you think a Superbowl or Rose Bowl commercial is a good use of money?

This is one "rumored" possibility for the "BIG SECRET" HQ has...

caradeporra
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
no! it isnt about soberness or attitude, it is about cost/gain ratio. the cost is WAYYYY too much. The ads are up in the millions for a one minute ad. not even conceivable.

Paulitician
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I thought political ads weren't allowed :confused:

Anyway, it has to be extremely good otherwise it'd be much more useful to spend the money on more ads for the early primary states.

EvilEngineer
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
It's not even a matter of cost... POLITICAL ADS are NOT ALLOWED during the superbowl... period.

If we want to get noticed, the blimp is our best shot there.

KewlRonduderules
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
I think they are going to have them during the college bowl games.

Revolutn
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
WTF with the reading comprehension (or lack there of) here today?

NOT ALLOWED!

vadimg
12-12-2007, 12:20 PM
what you think guys?

http://donate2008.org/supermoneybomb

akovacs
12-12-2007, 12:33 PM
No, it's a waste. People watching the superbowl aren't going to care about politics.

hawkeyenick
12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Do you think a Superbowl or Rose Bowl commercial is a good use of money?

This is one "rumored" possibility for the "BIG SECRET" HQ has...

This isn't the big secret

Super Bowl Ad = not enough return for the money

kevinblack
12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
This is one of those things that will be talked about years from now. Whether it works or not.

Realistically Ron Paul is in contention for the GOP primary until February 5th. On that day he will either be the nominee or somebody else will.

A Superbowl happening just 2 days before 20 states go to vote is a crazy coincidence.

We need to have the right Superbowl ad, one that all Ron Paul supporters will want to see and show friends and family. We need to combine this ad with local adds running during the superbowl on those 20 states AND blanketing all 20 states with local adds the week before.'

Total cost: 3Million Superbowl Ad, 2.5Million 1 week adds on 20 States = 5.5Million
We can raise this money after New Hampshire, and we really really need to finish strong

texasbelle
12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
i think the CCR ad would do well during the Superbowl..

DXDoug
12-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Better to BE at The super bowl with tons of signs then A Commericial money well spent is money well earned

Perry
12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
If you stop and think about it spending 10% of our money on a 30 second spot would be incredibly wasteful. That's enough money to cover an entire state for a month.

Hancock1776
12-12-2007, 12:51 PM
This is one of those things that will be talked about years from now. Whether it works or not.

Realistically Ron Paul is in contention for the GOP primary until February 5th. On that day he will either be the nominee or somebody else will.

A Superbowl happening just 2 days before 20 states go to vote is a crazy coincidence.

We need to have the right Superbowl ad, one that all Ron Paul supporters will want to see and show friends and family. We need to combine this ad with local adds running during the superbowl on those 20 states AND blanketing all 20 states with local adds the week before.'

Total cost: 3Million Superbowl Ad, 2.5Million 1 week adds on 20 States = 5.5Million
We can raise this money after New Hampshire, and we really really need to finish strong

Ad is a noun. Short for advertisement.
Add is a verb. A calculation in arithmetic.

Sorry to pick on just you -- lots of people keep doing this. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

AtomiC
12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I think its just way too much to spend on a commercial that will most likely only be 30 seconds long. The money could be used in a better way.