PDA

View Full Version : Violent Arrest For Haspel Protest: Former CIA Analyst Recovering

Marenco
05-11-2018, 07:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUpu9aLV0A

Weston White
05-12-2018, 01:08 AM
That was entirely unwarranted, they got him away from the hearing, their task was done at that point. There was no legal basis for them to rush him to the floor and force cuffs on him using five-whatever goons and wrestling tactics.

And to another imperative point, the man was yelling that his arm had been dislocated in their abusive act (which means he has no control of his arm at the point and also that it is very will bounded up at the same time), and they all did not give a two-craps, it took that one black cop realizing they were being recorded by the woman to respect a dose of common sense and get his staff to knock it off.

But this raising another issue that needs to be addressed with the Time, Place, and Manner rule of protesting and the ceasing of such protesting upon the lawful declaring of an unlawful assembly. It seems there was a bit of organized protesting taking place there, so are not the police in the wrong for forcing people to leave a public meeting that is under active protest by one or more individuals clearly there to voice their concerns. If these public officials are such epic snowflakes, then just have the meeting behind closed doors in a resisted area of their building. Really, let's dispense with the charades and disingenuous.

Firestarter
05-12-2018, 02:51 AM
There was no legal basis for them to rush him to the floor and force cuffs on him using five-whatever goons and wrestling tactics.But he didn't follow orders!
Compared to other arrests by the cops, I wouldn't call the handling of Ray McGovern violent though.

At the confirmation US Senate hearing of Gina Haspel, on 9 May, where she was supposedly “grilled” over her active participation in the torture program at a CIA “black site” in Thailand, “bloody Gina” was asked what would happen if president Donald gave the order to reinstate the torture program in all glory, her response was
I do not believe the president would ask me to do that.

Haspel’s responses included the following “jokes”:
I’m not going to sit here with the benefit of hindsight and judge the very good people who made hard decisions who were running the agency in very extraordinary circumstances.
(...)
Senator, I believe that the CIA did extraordinary work to prevent another attack on the country, given the legal tools that we were authorized to use.

Senator Kamala Harris dared to ask a critical question:
I’m not asking do you believe they were legal. I’m asking do you believe they were immoral.
To which “bloody Gina” replied:
I believe, as many directors who have sat in this chair before me, that valuable information was obtained from senior al Qaida operatives that allowed us to defend this country and prevent another attack.

A woman protester, wearing a red t-shirt and shouting “Bloody Gina! You are a torturer!”, was removed by the cops.

At some point former CIA analyst Ray McGovern stood up in the audience, when “Bloody Gina” refused to tell if torturing suspects is immoral, and uttered something like:
Senator Wyden [?], you deserve a direct answer. https://www.davidicke.com/article/474206/spectre-torture-gina-haspel-hearings

Ahead of the nomination hearing, Ray McGovern had written an opinion piece, with the conclusion that torture isn’t only immoral, but doesn’t give correct intelligence.

On 6 September 2006, Gen. John Kimmons said:
No good intelligence is going to come from abusive practices. I think history tells us that. I think the empirical evidence of the last five years—hard years—tell us that.

McGovern explained that torture can “work” like a charm, when interrogators coerce false “intelligence” that can be used, for example, to start a war.
CIA Director George Tenet, his deputy John McLaughlin, Col. Wilkerson, were putting together the speech by Secretary Colin Powell to the UN Security Council on 5 February 2003, where Powell claimed there was a “sinister nexus” between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.
What Powell forgot to mention that this “intelligence” came from a source, Abu Yahya al-Libi, who had been forced to tell this of his “free will” after being waterboarded by Egyptian intelligence: https://consortiumnews.com/2018/05/07/will-a-torturer-become-cia-director/

spudea
05-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Senator Kamala Harris dared to ask a critical question:
I’m not asking do you believe they were legal. I’m asking do you believe they were immoral.

Hurting people is bad. Next stupid elementary question...

So is killing people. So every gun owner should be in jail since guns kill people /s