PDA

View Full Version : Pink pussyhats: The reason feminists are ditching them

Krugminator2
05-08-2018, 10:53 AM
But this time when marchers take to the streets in cities from Lansing to Las Vegas, there could be fewer pink pussyhats in the crowds.

The reason: The sentiment that the pink pussyhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender nonbinary people who don't have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/01/10/pink-pussyhats-feminists-hats-womens-march/1013630001/

Just a PSA to think twice before wearing a pussy hat and offending gender nonbinary people.

dannno
05-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I thought it was going to be because they were shaved and only men who are pedophiles like it hairless.

enhanced_deficit
05-08-2018, 10:57 AM
On a lighter note, that's not the impression one got after listening to feminist Michelle Wolf's commentary about p-word hats (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521737-Keeping-it-classy-at-the-White-House-Correspondents-dinner&p=6622659&viewfull=1#post6622659) at the WHCD. Her only gripe was about the small quantity of yarn used in such hats.

timosman
05-08-2018, 10:58 AM
On a lighter note, that's not the impression one got after listening to feminist Michelle Wolf's commentary about p-word hats (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521737-Keeping-it-classy-at-the-White-House-Correspondents-dinner&p=6622659&viewfull=1#post6622659) at the WHCD. Her only gripe was with the quantity of yarn used in such hats.

Also the size. They seem ..... too big

Suzanimal
05-08-2018, 11:43 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7biPjhzV2btY5CE/giphy.gif

nobody's_hero
05-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Shame they didn't quit because they realized just how classless it was.

timosman
05-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Shame they didn't quit because they realized just how classless it was.

Having class is oppressive.

pcosmar
05-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Also the size. They seem ..... too big

:D

shh,

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2018, 03:12 PM
https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/01/10/pink-pussyhats-feminists-hats-womens-march/1013630001/

Just a PSA to think twice before wearing a pussy hat and offending gender nonbinary people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q

Danke
05-08-2018, 03:17 PM
All pussies are pink on the inside.

Suzanimal
05-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Damn, they're really pissed about the pussy hats, lol.

Pussy Hats: The Confederate Flag for White Feminists

The only thing white feminists have added to this resistance is poor fashion — safety pins, pussy hats, and 42 ACLU bumper stickers on the back of their Prius. They think they’re really doing something. Soon enough, they’re going to look back and realize they were batting for the wrong team.

https://medium.com/@shewritestolive/pussy-hats-the-confederate-flag-for-white-feminists-7a21352b2f5e

I wanna bacon sub.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 03:21 PM
The reason: The sentiment that the pink pussyhat excludes and is offensive to transgender women and gender nonbinary people who don't have typical female genitalia and to women of color because their genitals are more likely to be brown than pink.

Idiot broads, Bolsheviks and manginas can't even keep their own dumb shit straight.

Love it.

Dr.3D
05-08-2018, 03:26 PM
It's too hot in the summer for those anyway.

Raginfridus
http://blonlee.com/ugly-feminists/#65girls

Remember the toll this war is taking.

Danke
Damn, they're really pissed about the pussy hats, lol.

I wanna bacon sub.

Next winter, I may have to wear one now.

Suzanimal
05-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Next winter, I may have to wear one now.

Mr A is worried about getting skin cancer in his bald spots and has started wearing a hat golfing and in the pool, I should get him one for father's day.

Danke
05-08-2018, 03:29 PM
http://blonlee.com/ugly-feminists/#65girls

Remember the toll this war is taking.

Women of Walmart, and now this. I'm heading back to Asia.

Anti Globalist
05-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Anyone who even wears those hats in the first place is a disgrace.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Women of Walmart, and now this. I'm heading back to Asia.

WOWMen are more attractive.

AuH20
05-08-2018, 07:31 PM
They really stand for nothing.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 07:42 PM
This is a real "thing", it's called TERF warfare, and it is utterly hilarious to watch one addlepated bunch of misfits and mentally ill rejects, beat up and bash each other.

It's as if the Special Olympics adding boxing.

Where were you during the TERF Wars?

https://medium.com/@heatherjoflores/where-were-you-during-the-terf-wars-4e8ad6fc32b9

That’s what our granddaughters will be asking us.

(TW: Sad middle-aged feminist rant)

A lovely friend whom I valued deeply as a woman and colleague came into a small, private, radical feminist support group on FB, to “check it out” and then, within a few hours, unfriended and blocked several women (with whom she had never had any conflict, women who loved her) simply for being members of that group. She also left a really loving and supportive, super diverse feminist group we had all been in together for a long time; a group that had been there for her countless times this past year, while she moved to a new city, went through a huge transition. She decided “all radfems are TERFs,” lumped in all women who might be in any radfem FB group, and flounced.

As the admin of the latter group, called “Kind and Childfree Feminists,” I was stunned and saddened. I tried to write to her but she blocked me, too.

Ouch.

I feel deeply frustrated to see how often people jump to the conclusion that if a feminist says no to a transperson on any issue whatsoever, then she is accused of trying to “exclude trans-women from feminism”.

Woah, Nellie! Hold your horses!

Who said anything about excluding y’all from “feminism” as a whole? Nobody has the authority to do that. Nobody gets to decide what feminism means for somebody else.
That’s oxymoronic.

But if somebody says they don’t want you in their space, then all you can do is root down through the reality that you cannot force her to change the way they feel.You don’t have to like it. But you cannot use violence and intimidation to get in. That’s what abusers do.

If somebody chooses to exclude people with penises from their space, in physical or digital reality, and/or from their beds, closed groups, discussions about violence against women, or WHATEVER, then that’s their personal boundary, which absolutely everyone is entitled to.

Many radical feminists see and acknowledge trans rights but still don’t want penises in women-only spaces. Those women are not likely to change their minds, so get over it. It’s not your space. You want inclusion? Make a space, and include.

How can you call something “intersectional” OR “feminism” if it enables shunning, shaming, threats, or violence against women, of any color, for any reason, whatsoever? That feels more like vivisection than intersection, and the TERF wars are not moving us forward, sisters.

Is it not within any person’s right to say NO?

You don’t have to agree with it, but threatening to harm someone for saying NO?
-Demanding that a woman conform her behaviours and opinions at your demand is patriarchy.
-Labelling her as “phobic” when she says NO to you is gaslighting.

And threatening to shun, shame, demean, and assault her if she refuses to have sex with you? That’s rape.

All I know is that this turning against each other of women, based on hypotheticals, rhetoric, and assumptions has got to stop.

Enough with the assumption that, just because a woman refuses to be told how to feel about gender and/or wants their physical and sexual boundaries respected, then that means she is automatically a hater of all things trans (and further, NOT a real feminist!) That approach is just absurd, juvenile, and so gaslight-y and simplistic that it renders any sort of real communication impossible.

But don’t despair! This isn’t the first time people have tried to tell each other what real feminism “is,” and I am sure it won’t be the last.

Meanwhile.

All day, every day on every social media platform on the internet, these TERF wars rage over a rhetorical issue that has no possible resolution. And it goes so far beyond name-calling. People are attacking each other, threatening violence, bragging about beating WOMEN, for their BELIEFS.

I can’t believe I am even writing this:

It is absolutely normal, ok, and not in any way rooted in hate for a woman born with a vagina to feel uncomfortable with the proposition that a penis is female genitalia.
Yesterday somebody tried to tell me a penis was a vagina. And then called me a TERF for laughing!

Today, I witnessed a trans-woman wish rape on a woman and her three year old daughter. Because the woman said “penises are male.”

What. The. Fuck. How is that feminism?

Does that make me hate all trans-women? No, of course not! Does that make me want more trans-women in the spaces I carve out where women can go to hide from abuse? Mmm, I have to think about that one. Because truly, it’s terrifying.

Can they not see the glaring entitlement and assumption of supremacy that is embedded in this phenomenon? A hierarchy of comfort that excludes all women who are afraid of penises? At risk of slander, violence and harassment?

“MY Needs are more important than yours! See ME and include ME or I will HURT YOU!”

One might surmise that the behavior isn’t actually about “feminism” at all, but instead, about male approval, domination, and control.

Besides these extreme cases though: there we all are, just bickering. All day long. We argue, alienate, leave groups, block other women out of our lives — women we previously liked and respected. And for what? For feminism? No. This is insanity.

How did saying NO become “phobia” or “hate”? I thought the whole purpose of being a godforsaken feminist is to support and assert our right to say NO to whatever the hell we want.

We are not your enemy.

We are not the abusers.

We are the survivors, so stop acting surprised that feminists want to center women.

As for me, I will never again argue with or block another woman over this issue. I will never again allow the TERF Wars to come between me and my solidarity with women. I don’t care what side of the issue you’re on. I don’t want to fight about it and I’m not going to play along.

I’m onto you, Patriarchy, and you can fuck off.

(Even when it's insane woemen bashing other insane woemen, over insane men who want to be woemen, it's still the normal, straight man's fault - LOLOLOLOLOL - AF)

As for my granddaughters, what will I tell them when they ask me about the TERF wars? Well, I’m childfree by choice. No grandkids for me. But I will be a feminist until the day I die, and if anybody ever asks me where my solidarity lies, I will always say: with women.

How I define that is MY choice, and mine alone.

Danke
05-08-2018, 07:45 PM
WOWMen are more attractive.

We all know of your fetishes.

I sympathize, I have no idea how lonely it gets on those long voyages on a boat. The idea of land fall and going to a Walmart must be a strong force.

AuH20
05-08-2018, 07:50 PM
The rank and file left is incredibly weak and I honestly feel sympathy for them. Without the billions in institutional funding and corporate brainwashing, they are essentially toothless adversaries.

Swordsmyth
05-08-2018, 07:52 PM
This is a real "thing", it's called TERF warfare, and it is utterly hilarious to watch one addlepated bunch of misfits and mentally ill rejects, beat up and bash each other.

https://medium.com/@heatherjoflores/where-were-you-during-the-terf-wars-4e8ad6fc32b9

A lovely friend whom I valued deeply as a woman and colleague came into a small, private, radical feminist support group on FB, to “check it out” and then, within a few hours, unfriended and blocked several women (with whom she had never had any conflict, women who loved her) simply for being members of that group. She also left a really loving and supportive, super diverse feminist group we had all been in together for a long time; a group that had been there for her countless times this past year, while she moved to a new city, went through a huge transition. She decided “all radfems are TERFs,” lumped in all women who might be in any radfem FB group, and flounced.

As the admin of the latter group, called “Kind and Childfree Feminists,” I was stunned and saddened. I tried to write to her but she blocked me, too.

Ouch.

I feel deeply frustrated to see how often people jump to the conclusion that if a feminist says no to a transperson on any issue whatsoever, then she is accused of trying to “exclude trans-women from feminism”.

Who said anything about excluding y’all from “feminism” as a whole? Nobody has the authority to do that. Nobody gets to decide what feminism means for somebody else.
That’s oxymoronic.

But if somebody says they don’t want you in their space, then all you can do is root down through the reality that you cannot force her to change the way they feel.You don’t have to like it. But you cannot use violence and intimidation to get in. That’s what abusers do.

If somebody chooses to exclude people with penises from their space, in physical or digital reality, and/or from their beds, closed groups, discussions about violence against women, or WHATEVER, then that’s their personal boundary, which absolutely everyone is entitled to.

Many radical feminists see and acknowledge trans rights but still don’t want penises in women-only spaces. Those women are not likely to change their minds, so get over it. It’s not your space. You want inclusion? Make a space, and include.

How can you call something “intersectional” OR “feminism” if it enables shunning, shaming, threats, or violence against women, of any color, for any reason, whatsoever? That feels more like vivisection than intersection, and the TERF wars are not moving us forward, sisters.

-Demanding that a woman conform her behaviours and opinions at your demand is patriarchy.

And threatening to shun, shame, demean, and assault her if she refuses to have sex with you? That’s rape.

All I know is that this turning against each other of women, based on hypotheticals, rhetoric, and assumptions has got to stop.

Enough with the assumption that, just because a woman refuses to be told how to feel about gender and/or wants their physical and sexual boundaries respected, then that means she is automatically a hater of all things trans (and further, NOT a real feminist!) That approach is just absurd, juvenile, and so gaslight-y and simplistic that it renders any sort of real communication impossible.

But don’t despair! This isn’t the first time people have tried to tell each other what real feminism “is,” and I am sure it won’t be the last.

Meanwhile.

All day, every day on every social media platform on the internet, these TERF wars rage over a rhetorical issue that has no possible resolution. And it goes so far beyond name-calling. People are attacking each other, threatening violence, bragging about beating WOMEN, for their BELIEFS.

It is absolutely normal, ok, and not in any way rooted in hate for a woman born with a vagina to feel uncomfortable with the proposition that a penis is female genitalia.
Yesterday somebody tried to tell me a penis was a vagina. And then called me a TERF for laughing!

Today, I witnessed a trans-woman wish rape on a woman and her three year old daughter. Because the woman said “penises are male.”

What. The. $#@!. How is that feminism?

Does that make me hate all trans-women? No, of course not! Does that make me want more trans-women in the spaces I carve out where women can go to hide from abuse? Mmm, I have to think about that one. Because truly, it’s terrifying.

Can they not see the glaring entitlement and assumption of supremacy that is embedded in this phenomenon? A hierarchy of comfort that excludes all women who are afraid of penises? At risk of slander, violence and harassment?

“MY Needs are more important than yours! See ME and include ME or I will HURT YOU!”

One might surmise that the behavior isn’t actually about “feminism” at all, but instead, about male approval, domination, and control.

Besides these extreme cases though: there we all are, just bickering. All day long. We argue, alienate, leave groups, block other women out of our lives — women we previously liked and respected. And for what? For feminism? No. This is insanity.

How did saying NO become “phobia” or “hate”? I thought the whole purpose of being a godforsaken feminist is to support and assert our right to say NO to whatever the hell we want.

We are not your enemy.

We are not the abusers.

We are the survivors, so stop acting surprised that feminists want to center women.

As for me, I will never again argue with or block another woman over this issue. I will never again allow the TERF Wars to come between me and my solidarity with women. I don’t care what side of the issue you’re on. I don’t want to fight about it and I’m not going to play along.

I’m onto you, Patriarchy, and you can $#@! off.

(Even when it's insane woemen bashing other insane woemen, over insane men who want to be woemen, it's still the normal, straight man's fault - LOLOLOLOLOL - AF)

As for my granddaughters, what will I tell them when they ask me about the TERF wars? Well, I’m childfree by choice. No grandkids for me. But I will be a feminist until the day I die, and if anybody ever asks me where my solidarity lies, I will always say: with women.

LOL.

Raginfridus
05-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Josie and The Pussyhats

Raginfridus
05-08-2018, 08:03 PM
The idea of land fall and going to a Walmart must be a strong force.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12800000/Mel-Gibson-William-Wallace-mel-gibson-12873728-413-479.jpg

Danke
05-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Ouch.

That’s oxymoronic.

Meanwhile.

What. The. Fuck. How is that feminism?

We are not your enemy.

We are not the abusers.

I’m onto you, Patriarchy, and you can fuck off.

At an airport there was construction and confusing signs. I accidentally walked into a women's bathroom, man, you couldn't believe the immediate high pitched reaction from the crowd.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 08:13 PM
At an airport there was construction and confusing signs. I accidentally walked into a women's bathroom, man, you couldn't believe the immediate high pitched reaction from the crowd.

Years ago, I wandered into the woeman's at IAH and took a big stinky dump before I realized my mistake.

Danke
05-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Josie and The Pussyhats

Josie The Outlaw (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCldbpfJU_kyRIueXmXvBHdw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXGNi2WvXLc

RJB
05-08-2018, 08:17 PM
I read once that the classic example of chutzpah is a boy who murdered his parents and throws himself before the mercy of the courts because he is a poor orphan. That's what the TERF war sounds like: A man self mutilates himself and claims he's oppressed because he cut off his penis.

As much as it can suck being a normal person in these crazy days,.I prefer dealing with it from the outside, and thank God I am I am not dealing with it from the inside as a weirdo.

Sometimes I think this has all got to be a joke. No one can be this insane. How is this possible?

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 08:22 PM
We all know of your fetishes.

I sympathize, I have no idea how lonely it gets on those long voyages on a boat. The idea of land fall and going to a Walmart must be a strong force.

If I was forced to choose...

Well, I guess....hmmm...I dunno.

WOWM
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/3224.jpg

Feminist
http://blonlee.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/fatugly-1024x1024.jpg

Anti Federalist
05-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Sometimes I think this has all got to be a joke. No one can be this insane. How is this possible?

It is real.

They can be.

It will get much worse.

It's possible because we tolerate it.

There's something to be said for stocks, pillories, and public floggings. ;)

RJB
05-08-2018, 08:32 PM
There's something to be said for stocks, pillories, and public floggings. ;). They already do that too themselves at their "Pride" parades.

Danke
05-08-2018, 08:35 PM

WOWM

Feminist

I feel partly responsible for this post. I am sorry, but on the same token, the mods are worthless.

Anti Globalist
05-08-2018, 08:43 PM

WOWM

Feminist
Kill it with fire.

Mach
05-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Could you imagine what they would do if we went around with one of these on and said we were expressing our freedom?

https://media.thetab.com/blogs.dir/90/files/2017/03/screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-111017.png

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2018, 11:52 PM
Could you imagine what they would do if we went around with one of these on and said we were expressing our freedom?

https://media.thetab.com/blogs.dir/90/files/2017/03/screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-111017.png

Looks like an excellent and very appropriate gift for our danke. :D

Mach
05-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Looks like an excellent and very appropriate gift for our danke. :D

LOL... :D

Suzanimal
05-09-2018, 05:10 AM
I googled pussy hat and they're lame. They don't even look like a pussy. If I saw one on the street, I wouldn't have looked twice.

If my pussy looked anything like this, I'd get to the dr.

https://i1.wp.com/www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/sjw-blog-vagina-imagery-womens-march-was-offensive-women-without-vaginas-1.jpg?fit=788%2C460&ssl=1

There's a guy back there wearing one, lol. On him, it does kinda resemble my vag.

shakey1
05-09-2018, 06:01 AM
I googled pussy hat and they're lame. They don't even look like a pussy. If I saw one on the street, I wouldn't have looked twice.

If my pussy looked anything like this, I'd get to the dr.

https://i1.wp.com/www.nationalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/sjw-blog-vagina-imagery-womens-march-was-offensive-women-without-vaginas-1.jpg?fit=788%2C460&ssl=1

There's a guy back there wearing one, lol. On him, it does kinda resemble my vag.

https://i0.wp.com/theverybesttop10.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Top-10-Best-Images-of-Surprised-Cats-2.jpeg?resize=460%2C340

Suzanimal
05-09-2018, 06:31 AM
I imagined they looked like vaginas. :o Seems like they could make a more realistic hat. They already make taco hats. A few tweaks and voila, pussy hat.

https://i0.wp.com/theverybesttop10.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Top-10-Best-Images-of-Surprised-Cats-2.jpeg?resize=460%2C340

timosman
05-09-2018, 10:56 AM

This would be oppressive. Public display of a phallic symbol? That's not ok.

Danke
05-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Someone should make this into a hat for HB:

https://imgix.bustle.com/elite-daily/2015/02/05162005/edible.png?w=998&h=598&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

Anti Globalist
05-09-2018, 08:15 PM

https://imgix.bustle.com/elite-daily/2015/02/05162005/edible.png?w=998&h=598&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70
I'll get my tailor right on it.

heavenlyboy34
05-09-2018, 09:07 PM

I'll pass. You can have it. :P Don't forget to get an extra for your boy eduardo.