PDA

View Full Version : California School Mural Depicts Aztec Warrior Holding Trump’s Severed Head, Heart

Anti Federalist
05-07-2018, 10:01 AM
LOL - This was OK.

But let a kid draw a picture of a gun, or chew a pop tart in the shape of gun... :rolleyes:

California School Mural Depicts Aztec Warrior Holding Trump’s Severed Head, Heart

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/05/07/student-mural-california-school-shows-aztec-impaling-trumps-severed-head/

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/05/Screen-Shot-2018-05-06-at-9.45.07-PM-640x480.png

by Joel B. Pollak 7 May 2018

Artists in Chula Vista, California, who painted a school mural depicting an Aztec warrior carrying the severed head of President Donald Trump on a spear have decided to change the mural after a storm of protest.

The mural also depicted the warrior holding a human heart — presumably, that of the president. The image recalls well-documented rituals of human sacrifice among the Aztecs, who are also thought to have eaten their victims.

The mural was painted several days ago and then immediately covered up after local news reporters learned of it. Artist Sasha Andrade Mercado posted images of the mural to social media regardless, decrying what she called censorship.

Several days later, the mural has been repainted to remove the offending image.

A report by local ABC News affiliate 10 News indicates that the artists intend to repaint the mural of Trump elsewhere in the city.

Mercado posted a note on Facebook on Sunday, indicating the mural was moved due to threats to the school:

We decided to change the mural because there were threats made to the school from “white supremacist” and threats to the kids, we were just going to adjust the mural but when things got out of control and the school started receiving threats and putting the students at risk we decided to change it completely , other media outlets started to enter school property and not being nice about it for example KUSI News John Soderman walked in the schools reception demanding to see the mural with no respect what so ever they also did not do their research and gave out my name and my images without my permission and because of that is why I started to get hate threats.

Mercado concluded: “We will never give up to fighting for our rights and fighting to end this racist country that this ‘president’ has created!”

Last year, comedian Kathy Griffin sparked outrage by posing for photographs with a model of Trump’s decapitated head. She has since attended the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner ahead of a comeback comedy tour.

Zippyjuan
05-07-2018, 12:42 PM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/education/sd-me-trump-mural-20180504-story.html

It is an alley behind a charter school.

“We understand that there was a mural painted at the event this past weekend that does not align with our school’s philosophy of non-violence,” read the statement from MAAC Community Charter School director Tommy Ramirez. “We have been in communication with the artist — who has agreed to modify the artwork — to better align with the school’s philosophy.”

The event Ramirez referred to was the annual Battlegroundz, a scholarship fundraiser held during the last weekend of April.

During the fundraiser, students and invited artists paint murals that highlight urban art in an alley behind the school.

Francia Baluca, marketing and communications manager for MAAC, the nonprofit that oversees the school, said officials were looking into questions raised about the mural, including whether anyone knew of its content before it was painted and when school officials first became aware of it.

After receiving complaints about the mural from the community and coverage about it from KUSI, the school had covered it with black plastic by Wednesday. On Friday, it appeared to be covered by plywood, with a vehicle parked in front of it.

Baluca said Battlegroundz attracts amateur and professional artists from around the world. Artist Sasha Andrade painted the part of the mural with Trump. She could not be reached Friday.

The mural depicts three warriors, each with different types of dress. One appears to be holding a human heart and another wears a leopard headdress and is holding a spear. At its end is the severed head of Trump, with the spear’s tip protruding from his mouth.

While school officials said Andrade has agreed to change the painting, she was defiant and proud of it on Facebook post earlier this week.

jmdrake
05-07-2018, 12:43 PM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/education/sd-me-trump-mural-20180504-story.html

I'm not sure what your point is. Charter schools receive public funds.

Raginfridus
05-07-2018, 01:07 PM
"Aztec ubermensch are good, aryan ubermensch are bad." is what this shit is trying to say.

Anti Federalist
05-07-2018, 04:21 PM

Yeah?

And what's your point?