PDA

View Full Version : [Glenn Jacobs] wins the Republican primary in Tennessee mayoral race

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2018, 01:32 PM
In the ring, he’s Kane, a “monstrous” wrestler with a “sadistic” streak. But to East Tennesseans, he’s also Glenn Jacobs, the owner of a local insurance firm who wants to “do his part” to grow small business and shrink big government.

In a battle Tuesday between the two, it looks like Jacobs, who’s running for mayor of Knox County, Tenn., won. The 7-foot-tall, 300-pound WWE athlete clinched the Republican primary election by just 17 votes.

“A lot of people look at me and say, ‘Oh, he’s that wrestler guy. That’s why people voted for him,’” Jacobs, 51, told Knox News. “That may have gotten my foot in the door with some people. Certainly, the novelty of someone like me running in a race like this, but in the end it was the message.”

hxxps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/02/wwes-kane-wins-the-republican-primary-in-tennessee-mayoral-race/?utm_term=.013c344d7ef8

euphemia
05-02-2018, 01:34 PM
In other cities, Nashville mayor David Briley saw his 36% with the transit vote. That little $9Billion boondoggle went down in flames.

RJB
05-02-2018, 01:40 PM
In other cities, Nashville mayor David Briley saw his 36% with the transit vote. That little $9Billion boondoggle went down in flames.

Briley must be a big name there. I usually jump on the Briley Parkway when I pass through Nashville.

jmdrake
05-02-2018, 01:41 PM

I think it really died with Megan Barry's political career. She should come back as a reality TV star though. That worked for Kim Kardashian.

jmdrake
05-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Briley must be a big name there. I usually jump on the Briley Parkway when I pass through Nashville.

Briley Parkway is named after his grandfather who was also a mayor of Nashville.

euphemia
05-02-2018, 01:46 PM

Grandad.

RJB
05-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Briley Parkway is named after his grandfather who was also a mayor of Nashville.

Are they anything like the Daley machine in Chicago?

jmdrake
05-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Are they anything like the Daley machine in Chicago?

I don't think they're nearly as powerful. Dailey would have gotten that train vote through.

Anti Globalist
05-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Time for him to do some wrestling moves on the democrats.

Matt Collins
05-02-2018, 10:01 PM
I think it really died with Megan Barry's political career. Bingo... the machine didn't have enough political clout left to ram it through when she got caught with her pants down... literally