PDA

View Full Version : Democrats lose ground with millennials - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Swordsmyth
04-30-2018, 03:34 PM
The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.
Although nearly two of three young voters polled said they do not like Republican President Donald Trump, their distaste for him does not necessarily extend to all Republicans or translate directly into votes for Democratic congressional candidates.
That presents a potential problem for Democrats who have come to count on millennials as a core constituency - and will need all the loyalty they can get to achieve a net gain of 23 seats to capture control of the U.S. House of Representatives in November.
Young voters represent an opportunity and a risk for both parties, said Donald Green, a political science professor at Columbia University in New York City.
“They’re not as wedded to one party,” Green said. “They’re easier to convince than, say, your 50- or 60-year-olds who don’t really change their minds very often.”
Terry Hood, 34, an African-American who works at a Dollar General store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and took this year’s poll, said he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.
But he will consider a Republican for Congress because he believes the party is making it easier to find jobs and he applauds the recent Republican-led tax cut.
“It sounds strange to me to say this about the Republicans, but they’re helping with even the small things,” Hood said in a phone interview. “They’re taking less taxes out of my paycheck. I notice that.”

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

Blue Ebb Tide.

H_H
04-30-2018, 04:14 PM
This is what a catastrophe looks like.

https://preview.ibb.co/h3C4ZH/Screen_Shot_2018_04_30_at_12_12_07_PM.png

Millenials are coming to Hate the Democrats more and more.

Cleaner44
04-30-2018, 05:22 PM
I am feeling very comfortable with my bets at Predictit.org for this upcoming election.

I made 5 to 1 on my money when Trump won, but this time it will only be 3 to 1 for Republicans holding power.

The Democrat party is a clusterfuck.

CaptUSA
04-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Great. :rolleyes:

Millennial are starting to prefer the other statist brand. Rejoice! We all are saved!! :rolleyes:

Raginfridus
04-30-2018, 05:28 PM
Great. :rolleyes:

Millennial are starting to prefer the other statist brand. Rejoice! We all are saved!! :rolleyes:Yay, the chains are rattl'n

Anti Globalist
04-30-2018, 05:35 PM
Millennials should lose ground with both parties.

enhanced_deficit
04-30-2018, 05:39 PM
Rcenetly as he was bombing Syria and revesring some of his other stances on foreign wars spending, DACA, gun rights etc, increasing number of GOP base conservatives had been turning against him while his poll numbers have gone up to 50% at the same time. Does this mean increasing numner of Dems/blue dog neocons are crossing over to support him lately and more millenials would do the same?

Anyways, there is increasing chance that these polls might not be fakenews unlike previous fakenews polls by media owners employees when he used to oppose foreign wars spending and interventions.

Related

No proof that Trump 50% approval polls are Neocons 'thank you' for Syria bombing (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521733-No-proof-that-Trump-50-approval-polls-Kanye-tweets-are-Neocons-thank-you-for-Syria-bombing&)