PDA

View Full Version : Judge blocks Trump admin’s cuts to Planned Parenthood

Swordsmyth
04-25-2018, 06:05 PM
A federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from cutting short grants awarded to Planned Parenthood through a federal teen pregnancy prevention program.
U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Rice issued a permanent injunction Tuesday evening preventing the administration from ending the grants two years earlier than originally planned, saying that doing so would cause public harm
“The Court determines that the public interest weighs in favor of Plaintiffs, as it would prevent harm to the community… and prevent loss of data regarding the effectiveness of teen pregnancy prevention,” Rice wrote.
Planned Parenthood sued the administration after it ended Teen Pregnancy Prevention grants for 81 organizations across the country last summer.
The grants were originally supposed to run through 2020, but the administration said the grants would end in 2018 instead, arguing that the program was ineffective.

More at: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/384770-federal-judge-blocks-trump-admins-cuts-to-planned-parenthood-in-teen

The judiciary is getting out of control, they need to be put in their place before they cause a civil war.

Danke
04-25-2018, 06:23 PM
I am undecided about abortion.

On the one hand, I support it because it is killing children.

On the other, it gives women a choice

euphemia
04-25-2018, 06:41 PM
People do not realize just how small a part Planned Parenthood plays in the whole health care scene. The serve a very small segment of the population and provide very limited services. They do nothing a county hospital does not do, and there you go.

agitator
04-25-2018, 07:12 PM
People do not realize just how small a part Planned Parenthood plays in the whole health care scene. The serve a very small segment o the population and provide very limited services. They do nothing a county hospital does not do, and there you go.

Small part? What, only a million babies sacrificed every year?

euphemia
04-25-2018, 07:35 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. Abortion is about all they do. That's a very small part of so-called health care compared to the size of their budget. They only deal with a small part of the population.

I have never been in favor of abortion, and I'm certainly not in favor of confiscating money from taxpayers to fund it.

asurfaholic
04-25-2018, 07:40 PM
I am undecided about abortion.

On the one hand, I support it because it is killing children.

On the other, it gives women a choice

Credit??????