PDA

View Full Version : We must not be spending much on Iowa TV ads

Joey Wahoo
12-12-2007, 10:38 AM
this is off cnn.com today

"In the race for the Republican presidential nomination, new polling shows that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is leading in Iowa even though former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has saturated the airwaves with campaign ads. Romney has invested $4.1 million to run more than 7,000 ads in the Hawkeye State, while Huckabee’s television advertising buys has been negligible. Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson trails a distant second to Romney in Iowa in terms of ad buys with around 1,050 campaign commercials aired at a cost of $600,000."

literatim
12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Apparently it is less than negligible. /sarcasm

Frankie Lee
12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah what's the campaign .. doing?

JMO
12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't think spending a lot of money in Iowa is the way to go. . According to a poll 80% of the people in Iowa think Bush is doing a good job, the highest of any state in the United States. There is a old poker saying that I think fits here, don't chase your money. I am not saying ignore Iowa, but don't make this your target state to spend money.

Jimmy
12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think spending a lot of money in Iowa is the way to go. . According to a poll 80% of the people in Iowa think Bush is doing a good job, the highest of any state in the United States. There is a old poker saying that I think fits here, don't chase your money. I am not saying ignore Iowa, but don't make this your target state to spend money.

Sooooooo where are they spending money?

scandinavian
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Make sure no one misleads you to think we shouldnt invest in iowa.

If we dont try to win then huckabee or romney attacking each other we will gain no benefit from and no rise in numbers in iowa.

The tv ads will get us into the ice storm ravaged areas where people are at home.

Ron's numbers continue to grow in iowa.

By being peaceful...letter writing, then paper mail, then tv ads and finally door to door people know finally about ron paul full message.

Cold calls and the such will only turn off iowans....

Its our chance to float to the top or be fools and let Huckabee or Romney own iowa.

I and so many others say if we really try at worst can get second...its up to us to try...

2nd in iowa and 1st in NH means the historic odds to victory are in our favor.

if we get 3rd in iowa, 4th winning in NH wont be enough, especially given the republicans new rules to take delegates away from early states like NH

tsetsefly
12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
donate to operationnh.com they are airing more commercials than the campaign...

shadowhooch
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
"Where is the money going?" That's a good question.

I don't think it would be a bad move to disclose how roughly much they've spent in each state. Or even more general, how much they've spent so far and on what.

If the campaign did that, I think we would see our money is being put to good use and would spur more Tea Party contributions.

RP4U&ME
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvkSCQACe4&feature=user

werdd
12-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe they are just ignoring ron paul like always, and he is actually spending more than fred thompson??? Stop and think for a minute people, this is the mainstream media.

fuzzybekool
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
You can see Romney is spending millions of dollars and it's not doing him any good. Iowa is more door to door politics.

PledgeForPaul
12-12-2007, 11:01 AM
80% of iowa supports Bush? Ummm... [citation needed] ? I don't believe that unless it is from 2000-2002 years?

FireofLiberty
12-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe they are just ignoring ron paul like always, and he is actually spending more than fred thompson??? Stop and think for a minute people, this is the mainstream media.

I think you've got it right.

JMO
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Sooooooo where are they spending money?

Who says they are spending it now. Must the money be spent right away? I live in California and from my little view point money spent here right now would be a waste, people just are not interested in politics 2 months away from voting. You ever think they might be saving it for the right time?

Primbs
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
We should be spending the money on the college campuses in Iowa where Ron Paul has a good base of support. If we can turn out twenty thousand college kids and young people in Iowa, then Ron can win.

JMO
12-12-2007, 11:12 AM
80% of iowa supports Bush? Ummm... [citation needed] ? I don't believe that unless it is from 2000-2002 years?

Its the eight paragraph down. I found this survey and think its worthy of its own thread. I think a decent amount of people would find it interesting.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=375

tsetsefly
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Its the eight paragraph down. I found this survey and think its worthy of its own thread. I think a decent amount of people would find it interesting.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=375

The likely Republican electorate in the Jan. 8 New Hampshire primary also includes the highest proportion of independents and the lowest share of self-described conservatives of the three early primary states. While Romney holds a substantial lead among Republicans (40% to 21% for Giuliani), his advantage among independents is narrower: Romney draws 32% among likely independent voters in New Hampshire, compared with 20% for Ron Paul, 18% for McCain, and 15% for Giuliani.

Nice, the only thing that worries me is that if we dont get a top 3 finish in Iowa and even a 3rd place finish might dissuade some NH independent voter from voting for Paul because "he would have a chance to win the nomination" we really need to do good in IOWA, imo...

tsetsefly
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
bump

saahmed
12-12-2007, 02:03 PM
The campaign is NOT spending money in Iowa. I am in E. Iowa and have only seen one Paul commercial (3 weeks ago). I have been flooded with Romney, and recently Huckabee. I have seen more Tancredo than Paul. Paul does have some radio ads, but he needs to get on TV. Donate to operationnh.com (http://www.operationnh.com) to get airtime in E. Iowa.