PDA

View Full Version : California Wants To Ban the Sale of Bibles

Swordsmyth
04-22-2018, 09:56 PM
When you think about the censorship and outright banning of books and opinions, do you imagine the United States of America?
Or, more likely, does that kind of suppression strike you more as the tactics of communists or fascists that America has frequently fought against?
If liberal lawmakers in California get their way, that west coast state may be one step closer to being unrecognizable as part of the United States. A bill currently pending in the legislature would essentially ban the sale of books that include traditional Christian views on marriage and sexuality.

Shockingly, the proposed law could even be construed to make it illegal to sell Bibles, since they include verses that the far left finds unacceptable.
“Assembly Bill 2943 (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB2943) would make it an ‘unlawful business practice’ to engage in ‘a transaction intended to result or that results in the sale or lease of goods or services to any consumer’ that advertise, offer to engage in, or do engage in ‘sexual orientation change efforts with an individual,'” explained National Review. (https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/california-progressives-launch-another-attack-on-free-speech/)
That’s a lot of legalese to digest, so let’s break it down. What the bill basically says is that anything that can be seen as trying to impact a person’s sexual orientation would be illegal to sell or offer.

This would almost certainly include traditional Christian counseling services and books.
“The bill then defines ‘sexual orientation change efforts’ as ‘any practices that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex,” continued National Review (emphasis added).

More at: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/california-to-ban-sale-of-bibles/

CALEctomy.

jmdrake
04-22-2018, 10:00 PM
When you think about the censorship and outright banning of books and opinions, do you imagine the United States of America?
Or, more likely, does that kind of suppression strike you more as the tactics of communists or fascists that America has frequently fought against?
If liberal lawmakers in California get their way, that west coast state may be one step closer to being unrecognizable as part of the United States. A bill currently pending in the legislature would essentially ban the sale of books that include traditional Christian views on marriage and sexuality.

Shockingly, the proposed law could even be construed to make it illegal to sell Bibles, since they include verses that the far left finds unacceptable.
“Assembly Bill 2943 (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB2943) would make it an ‘unlawful business practice’ to engage in ‘a transaction intended to result or that results in the sale or lease of goods or services to any consumer’ that advertise, offer to engage in, or do engage in ‘sexual orientation change efforts with an individual,'” explained National Review. (https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/california-progressives-launch-another-attack-on-free-speech/)
That’s a lot of legalese to digest, so let’s break it down. What the bill basically says is that anything that can be seen as trying to impact a person’s sexual orientation would be illegal to sell or offer.

This would almost certainly include traditional Christian counseling services and books.
“The bill then defines ‘sexual orientation change efforts’ as ‘any practices that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex,” continued National Review (emphasis added).

More at: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/california-to-ban-sale-of-bibles/

CALEctomy.

I'm sure anything designed to try to change someone's sexual orientation from straight to anything else will be exempt.

Swordsmyth
04-22-2018, 10:02 PM
I'm sure anything designed to try to change someone's sexual orientation from straight to anything else will be exempt.
Prosecutorial discretion of course, only straights are capable of hate crimes.

oyarde
04-22-2018, 10:48 PM
I oppose book banning ,burning and california statehood .

Swordsmyth
04-22-2018, 10:53 PM
I oppose book banning ,burning and california statehood .

Burning California looks more attractive every day.

Marenco
04-22-2018, 11:39 PM
''We must all be alike. Not everyone born free and equal, as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for there are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against.
A book is a loaded gun in the house next door. Burn it. Take the shot from the weapon. Breach man's mind. Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? Me? I won't stomach them for a minute.''- Fahrenheit 451 By Ray Bradbury

DamianTV
04-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Related article I read today:

Censorship And Suppression Of Free Speech Online Is A ‘War Against Ideas’
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/censorship-and-suppression-of-free-speech-online-is-a-war-against-ideas_04232018

Propaganda has TWO major parts. Most of us pick up on the "Repeat the Lie" part, but there is another major half of Propaganda for it to work, and that is to OMIT any ideas which reveal the lie or promote / teach thinking for ones self.

Belief, Money, Violence

A persons system of Belief can be used to enslave them just as well as it can be used to Liberate them. If the voices of those who use their words to Liberate the minds of others while only allowing a subject to have access to is ideas that Enslave them, what is the likely outcome? Propaganda is used to empower smaller groups or individuals to control entire groups.

Propaganda is used as a weapon because it works.

TV shows are called "Programming" for a reason.

(Rated Thread 5 Stars)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-23-2018, 03:21 PM
It's funny how the extraordinarily angry atheist uses government as a weapon, but then complains about the Southern Baptist who owns a firearm.

Pauls' Revere
04-23-2018, 07:30 PM
I'm not terribly religious but I oppose this B.S. as it tramples on others rights who wish to be.

H_H
04-23-2018, 08:08 PM
Burning California looks more attractive every day.
Nah, it's a great place, rich in resources. All it needs is, like a bloated and failing company, the excisement of dead wood.

...Lots and lots of dead wood.

Anti Globalist
04-23-2018, 08:36 PM
SMDH.

heavenlyboy34
04-23-2018, 08:50 PM
SMFH. If they were to be consistent, they would also have to ban Torah (at least the Pentateuch), and IIRC Talmud and Koran. #Thoughtcrimes

Swordsmyth
04-23-2018, 08:57 PM
SMFH. If they were to be consistent, they would also have to ban Torah (at least the Pentateuch), and IIRC Talmud and Koran. #Thoughtcrimes

Liberals are never consistent but I wouldn't be surprised if they banned the Jewish books, they want to outlaw circumcision and they don't seem to think that makes them NAZIs, only the Koran will get a pass.

phill4paul
04-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Too bad Larry Flynt isn't around to challenge them.