PDA

View Full Version : PDF for Black and White Flyers

milican
12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I would like to do some canvassing in my precinct. I have been giving money to the Ron Paul campaign through the November 5th effort, will be contributing for the Tea Party, and have contributed when the Texas Straw Poll was in my neck of the woods. So all of this contributing has left me a little light in the wallet.

So I would like to canvas my precinct with flyers of some sort. According to my county records there are 1,841 housing units and 3,402 people in my precinct. I would like to put a flyer on every door by the end of January, and maybe sooner. This would be expensive to do with traditional full color flyers. Ideally I would like a variation of Lawrence Lepard's USA Today ad that is formatted for an 8.5" x 11" canvas. This would enable me to print off 2,000 flyers with minimal cost. In addition to canvassing my precinct, I could even put these under the windshield of cars in the mall parking lot during the Christmas holidays.

Do you guys know of any efforts to create 8.5" x 11" black and white PDF for use by grassroots supporters? I don't have Adobe InDesign so I can't reformat the USA Today ad. Any help would be appreciated.

JOhn

kylejack
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
The ad prints really well on 11x17, a common paper size. Have you considered upgrading to that?

Patriot
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
This will print in B/W

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Flyer-Issues.pdf

milican
12-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the help so far. I have not considered 11 x17 because it's so darn big for just putting on people's doors, but I may change my mind in the future. The official Ron Paul flyer will print well in black and white, but I'm concerned it's a little too wordy. I may end up going with that though. I can duplex the print job so it would all still fit on one sheet of paper.

JOhn

jahazii
12-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I suggest changing the picture of ron paul to a better one first. It looks outdated and unprofessional the image at the top of the forums will better convey a more professional appeal and to the group of voters who dont vote for an "ugly canidate" sadly this is a real issue facing many voters.

milican
12-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I have found some very good flyers in the "Files" section of various meetup groups on the Dallas - Fort Worth area. More specifically Meetup Group 65.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/65/files/

I know there are lots of people making flyers out there and Meetup.com seems to be a good place to find them. Since I have January 1st off and I should not have too much of a hangover I'm planning on canvassing my precinct on that day. I think that may be a good day for others who have the day off as well.

JOhn

Nic4Truth
01-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for that. I also went to a few other local meetup groups pages, and files and found a ton of awesome stuff. The NYC meetup has some cool looking flyers and info sheets too.

Estanislao
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm posting another flyer on my site (primarily for Florida) Everyone's welcome to download it and spread the word.

People think McCain is anti-war - WTF!!!
People think Giuliani is a hero - WTF!!!
People think government healthcare is a good idea - WTF!!!

Thompson's out, Huckleberry's broke, time for Giuliani to go down hard. That'll leave:
McCain, Romney and Paul
:-)

http://www.roncan.com