PDA

View Full Version : How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

enhanced_deficit
04-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Based on your view of his personal character, how much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

Anti-Neocon
04-12-2018, 03:50 PM
If you've followed Trump at all over the years, it's a generally good idea not to put trust in any of his statements. I do put trust in him to remain clueless and keep fucking up the country though. If one thing is consistent, it's his anti-libertarianism.

Swordsmyth
04-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.

enhanced_deficit
04-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.

Was same the case when he was a candidate ? That is, in your view his pre-election statements/promises can't be trusted at all also?

thoughtomator
04-12-2018, 03:57 PM
It depends on which statement we're talking about. Bargaining statements should carry little to zero weight. Commitment statements that are "brand" elements, high confidence.

Swordsmyth
04-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Was same the case when he was a candidate ? That is, in your view his pre-election statements/promises can't be trusted at all also?
No, they can't.
He seems to be keeping many campaign promises but you can't rely on much of anything he says.
The longer he stays in office the better we can guess what he really intends but he hasn't been in long enough to be sure of anything.

dannno
04-12-2018, 04:13 PM
I put a lot of trust in the statements that he says that I like, and much less or zero trust in the statements that he says that I don't like.

That sounds kinda weird, but it actually ends up being pretty accurate in the longrun.

dannno
04-12-2018, 04:18 PM
It's funny because the people who hate Trump the most seem to put the most trust in his promises and statements. You can see that from threads like where Trump says he is going to do something that everybody here would hate, and then it never happens. Ironically NONE of those people have voted that way so far in the poll.

Very curious.

enhanced_deficit
04-12-2018, 04:20 PM
It depends on which statement we're talking about. Bargaining statements should carry little to zero weight. Commitment statements that are "brand" elements, high confidence.

How do you tell the difference? And you are implying he lies/uses deception in some of his statements for ulterior purposes?

If you know how to tell one from the other, were following bargaining or commitment statements?

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/aZYchGNmVVXxsIwMAdBhAreMCQ8=/26x0:595x298/fit-in/1200x630/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9087225/Screen_Shot_2017_08_21_at_11.14.21_AM.png

http://15130-presscdn-0-89.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-21-at-8.06.58-PM-701x315.png

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/22/15/4373253500000578-4811382-Donald_Trump_was_deeply_skeptical_of_the_war_in_Af ghanistan_in_t-a-2_1503411083910.jpg

From: (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?517987-Pre-election-Trump-It-is-time-to-get-out-of-Afghanistan-Pence-Longest-US-War-will-go-on&)
Pre-election Trump: It is time to get out of Afghanistan ; Pence: Longest US War will go on (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?517987-Pre-election-Trump-It-is-time-to-get-out-of-Afghanistan-Pence-Longest-US-War-will-go-on&)

Zippyjuan
04-12-2018, 04:24 PM
I put a lot of trust in the statements that he says that I like, and much less or zero trust in the statements that he says that I don't like.

That sounds kinda weird, but it actually ends up being pretty accurate in the longrun.

The cool thing about Trump is that you can find statements by him on both sides of almost any issue. It is easy to say you agree or disagree with him.

"We are leaving Syria."
"We are not leaving Syria".
"We are going to bomb Syria. Soon."
"We are going to bomb Syria. Or maybe not."

thoughtomator
04-12-2018, 04:35 PM
How do you tell the difference? And you are implying he lies/uses deception in some of his statements for ulterior purposes?

If you know how to tell one from the other, were following bargaining or commitment statements?

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/aZYchGNmVVXxsIwMAdBhAreMCQ8=/26x0:595x298/fit-in/1200x630/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9087225/Screen_Shot_2017_08_21_at_11.14.21_AM.png

http://15130-presscdn-0-89.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-21-at-8.06.58-PM-701x315.png

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/22/15/4373253500000578-4811382-Donald_Trump_was_deeply_skeptical_of_the_war_in_Af ghanistan_in_t-a-2_1503411083910.jpg

From: (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?517987-Pre-election-Trump-It-is-time-to-get-out-of-Afghanistan-Pence-Longest-US-War-will-go-on&)
Pre-election Trump: It is time to get out of Afghanistan ; Pence: Longest US War will go on (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?517987-Pre-election-Trump-It-is-time-to-get-out-of-Afghanistan-Pence-Longest-US-War-will-go-on&)

High confidence: Trump won't start any new wars, absent something crazy like NK nuking Japan happening.

Medium confidence: Trump looking to wind down and get out of existing wars.

Low confidence: Trump looking to get out of Afghanistan on a particular schedule.

Note that all the quoted Tweets were before he was a candidate. As Ron Paul noted when he voted for a border wall, or when he explained that welfare programs like SS and Medicare would have to be wound down rather than suddenly cut off, there are practical positions that need to be taken in light of existing realities that are not ideal positions for an ideal world.

With regards to the wars he inherited, I expect they will be wound down in this order based on geopolitical realities: Syria, (shadow African campaign), Afghanistan, (Ukraine), Iraq. Didn't get in overnight, won't get out overnight.

Only place I can see an increase of commitment from Trump is for the defense of Taiwan, should China push it that far.

oyarde
04-12-2018, 04:37 PM
I am gong to go with very low for anything positive , or slightly better than the none for anything positive that I would have scored for Obama .

enhanced_deficit
04-12-2018, 04:39 PM
The cool thing about Trump is that you can find statements by him on both sides of almost any issue. It is easy to say you agree or disagree with him.

"We are leaving Syria."
"We are not leaving Syria".
"We are going to bomb Syria. Soon."
"We are going to bomb Syria. Or maybe not."

On the surface, this may appear to be very sophisticated, 5-D Chess approach but can it in reality be so open-minded that in the end decisions can be easily influenced by others/made on whims in any direction? If so, how can anyone trust such a person's statements about anything?

https://video.newsserve.net/700/v/20170409/1704091538-Ivanka-May-Have-Convinced-Trump-To-Bomb-Syria.jpg

TheCount
04-12-2018, 04:50 PM
High confidence: Trump won't start any new wars, absent something crazy like NK nuking Japan happening.

Ground combat in Yemen isn't a new war?

Airstrikes in the Sahara isn't a new war?

enhanced_deficit
04-12-2018, 04:57 PM
It's funny because the people who hate Trump the most seem to put the most trust in his promises and statements. ..

While this argument may have some merit, overall it probably still goes to his critics. On first instinct, people can't be blamed for expecting that a person generally means what he/she says and most may not be so skilled to dissect lies/deceptions apart from truths in a bundle of statements.

Conversly, in some areas Republicans show greater trust in him:

Voters believe Stormy over Trump
03/28/2018

Poll: Americans believe women over Trump on affair allegations
03/26/2018
A majority of Americans believe the women who have alleged affairs with Donald Trump rather than the president’s denials, according to a poll released on Monday.
Sixty-three percent of those surveyed in the CNN poll (https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-rating-rises/index.html) say they believe the women who have come forward with the allegations of extramarital affairs with Trump, while 21 percent say they believe the president and 16 percent say they have no opinion on the matter.
The survey (http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/03/26/rel4a.-.trump.pdf) found that, overall, Republicans were more likely to trust in Trump’s denials instead of the women, 41 percent to 31 percent, and that women put more faith in the allegations over the president, 70 percent to 54 percent.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/26/trump-women-stormy-daniels-487097

Influenza
04-12-2018, 05:06 PM

Lmao Trump infatuation syndrome on full display

undergroundrr
04-12-2018, 05:08 PM
On the surface, this may appear to be very sophisticated, 5-D Chess approach but can it in reality be so open-minded that in the end decisions can be easily influenced by others/made on whims in any direction? If so, how can anyone trust such a person's statements about anything?

https://video.newsserve.net/700/v/20170409/1704091538-Ivanka-May-Have-Convinced-Trump-To-Bomb-Syria.jpg

I live with a teenage son who's an ESTP just like trump. My son is massively influenced by the people around him. When he was in kindergarten, by the end of the year he had morphed from an articulate, polite kid into the image of his ruffian classmates. We took him out and started homeschooling.

He's 17 now. A year ago, he started going out with a girl who's proud of her bi proclivities and thinks he looks really great in makeup. My wife now complains that my son's makeup collection is more extensive than she's ever had in her life. He looked like a mannequin in his prom photos.

I love my boy and I'm proud of him, and he's a good and intelligent person, but his impulse to sync up with his peers makes things confusing to say the least.

Although I don't doubt that there's a kernel of trump that's his own man, he's mostly a hybrid of a huge number of influential voices throughout his life. The people he gathers around him have a massive impact not just on his policy decisions, but on his entire worldview. At the beginning of the presidency, I wish it had been Rand instead of Bannon. Right now, I wish it wasn't the cream of neo-connery.

euphemia
04-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Government is never to be fully trusted. I am not saved by the grace of government.

dannno
04-12-2018, 05:16 PM

Obviously you missed the second half of what I said.

Raginfridus
04-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Maybe he made Bolton natl security advisor to do the exact opposite of everything he advises.

phill4paul
04-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Lol.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/e2/75/4ce2753a5de0e18b2fc32fc5353e9cac.gif

thoughtomator
04-12-2018, 06:02 PM

You might think so, but it pretty much works out just like that.

IF you are loyal to, not your government, but to the citizens of the nation.

Anti-nationalists of any stripe have pretty much zero chance of understanding him.

It's all about his brand, and that's OK. He wants to be remembered as the best brand ever.

If he achieves half of what is hoped for him, he just might be. And that would open the opportunity for say, Rand Paul to succeed him, with the advantage of having many battles already fought and won.

thoughtomator
04-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Maybe he made Bolton natl security advisor to do the exact opposite of everything he advises.

Bolton is there for the same reason Scaramucci was there. To fire as many Obama-Bush people as possible until it becomes impossible for him to operate effectively against them, and then the next guy will come in. My guess is he lasts to the end of August.

Raginfridus
04-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Bolton is there for the same reason Scaramucci was there. To fire as many Obama-Bush people as possible until it becomes impossible for him to operate effectively against them, and then the next guy will come in. My guess is he lasts to the end of August.

He hires them to fire them?

thoughtomator
04-12-2018, 06:49 PM
He hires them to fire them?

He hires them to fire swamp creatures.

nobody's_hero
04-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Government is never to be fully trusted. I am not saved by the grace of government.

That's a safe practice.

I trust Trump a bit more than the people behind him, though. With all these FBI raids going on, I'm not discounting the possibility that he isn't loved by TPTB. The FBI was snooping around Hillary at first and you see how fast they shut up. No such favor has been done for Trump. —just something I keep in mind.

Raginfridus
04-12-2018, 08:12 PM
He hires them to fire swamp creatures.Hire swamp creatures to fire swamp creatures.

timosman
04-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Hire swamp creatures to fire swamp creatures.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.:cool:

thoughtomator
04-13-2018, 02:40 PM

That's exactly it.

All of the people being hired are disposable, every single one. Bannon and Priebus and Scaramucci and Tillerson alike got the axe when they were no longer as useful as someone else could be in their place.

It's the opposite of the Clinton organized crime method, where once you sell your soul to the family, you're employed for life. There are no irreplaceable players as Obama had Jarrett or Bush had Rove. It's very possible that not a single at-will appointee may make it through the full 8 years.

Here's a good example of what's going on. The first press secretary, Sean Spicer, was pretty effective for a while. Then the extreme antics of the far left got to him, they got inside his head, he became reactive rather than proactive and was getting mauled in press conferences. Part of the reason for that was career staff in the press secretary's office who were opposition political actors rather than proper professionals. The problem was very bad - this was Obama's press office, after all. So in comes the hitman, Scaramucci, who immediately fires a ton of people, which got the problem fixed but shocked and demoralized the office in general, as when a lot of people get fired the rest always wonder who is next. A boss with a rep for firing a lot of people has scared workers, so he wasn't suitable thereafter. He got the axe and now we have Sanders in there, who is basically a one-woman wrecking ball against presstitute gaslighters and remains in control. If they get inside her head eventually, she'll be out and the next, fresh person will be in.

Trump's management style is very familiar to me as a consultant. People stay on the job as long as they are effective and then they get cut loose. It really shouldn't be controversial at all - they are, after all, his employees, and he was elected their boss.

brushfire
04-13-2018, 03:56 PM
http://big5kayakchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/fancy-serious-dog-meme-not-sure-if-serious-dog-meme-serious-dog-meme.jpg

phill4paul
04-13-2018, 04:16 PM
That's exactly it.

All of the people being hired are disposable, every single one. Bannon and Priebus and Scaramucci and Tillerson alike got the axe when they were no longer as useful as someone else could be in their place.

It's the opposite of the Clinton organized crime method, where once you sell your soul to the family, you're employed for life. There are no irreplaceable players as Obama had Jarrett or Bush had Rove. It's very possible that not a single at-will appointee may make it through the full 8 years.

Here's a good example of what's going on. The first press secretary, Sean Spicer, was pretty effective for a while. Then the extreme antics of the far left got to him, they got inside his head, he became reactive rather than proactive and was getting mauled in press conferences. Part of the reason for that was career staff in the press secretary's office who were opposition political actors rather than proper professionals. The problem was very bad - this was Obama's press office, after all. So in comes the hitman, Scaramucci, who immediately fires a ton of people, which got the problem fixed but shocked and demoralized the office in general, as when a lot of people get fired the rest always wonder who is next. A boss with a rep for firing a lot of people has scared workers, so he wasn't suitable thereafter. He got the axe and now we have Sanders in there, who is basically a one-woman wrecking ball against presstitute gaslighters and remains in control. If they get inside her head eventually, she'll be out and the next, fresh person will be in.

Trump's management style is very familiar to me as a consultant. People stay on the job as long as they are effective and then they get cut loose. It really shouldn't be controversial at all - they are, after all, his employees, and he was elected their boss.

I've noticed Trump doing this. Those in the deep state are not necessarily on the same page. Just like any other power oriented organization individuals make enemies with each other as they climb the ladder. And when they are "in power" move against their agency enemies. I really wish there was an up to date reporting mechanism for all employees of any admin. alphabet org. I wonder if all this upper structure/public eye power plays have filtered down? That'd be a good thing.
As far as opening the door for Rand....that's if you believe it's his goal to destroy the structure, or if you believe he is a part of the structure and, like any other president, is making his own power play.

Raginfridus
04-13-2018, 04:29 PM

Engineered crises call for tweets.

Firestarter
04-14-2018, 03:55 AM
My trust in the promises of politicians is very low.

It appears to me that (other than other politicians) Donald Trump doesn't even care that the voters find out that he's lying: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518061-President-Donald-%96-Campaign-promises

Maybe because Donald knows it aren't the voters that made him president.

enhanced_deficit
04-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Some conservatives don't seem to be able to tell lies/deceptions from truths:

Michael Hammond of Gun Owners of America: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519979-Conservative-leader-on-Trump-He-s-a-fraud-and-has-betrayed-us-twice-now&)
'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage
Thursday 1 March 2018

I live with a teenage son who's an ESTP just like trump. My son is massively influenced by the people around him. When he was in kindergarten, by the end of the year he had morphed from an articulate, polite kid into the image of his ruffian classmates. We took him out and started homeschooling.

He's 17 now. A year ago, he started going out with a girl who's proud of her bi proclivities and thinks he looks really great in makeup. My wife now complains that my son's makeup collection is more extensive than she's ever had in her life. He looked like a mannequin in his prom photos.

I love my boy and I'm proud of him, and he's a good and intelligent person, but his impulse to sync up with his peers makes things confusing to say the least.

Although I don't doubt that there's a kernel of trump that's his own man, he's mostly a hybrid of a huge number of influential voices throughout his life. The people he gathers around him have a massive impact not just on his policy decisions, but on his entire worldview. At the beginning of the presidency, I wish it had been Rand instead of Bannon. Right now, I wish it wasn't the cream of neo-connery.

Yes he seems to have immense hunger for validation, need to please his audience, need for personal loyalty. If these can be framed as principles, he's very principled.

Lol.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/e2/75/4ce2753a5de0e18b2fc32fc5353e9cac.gif

LOL

My trust in the promises of politicians is very low.

It appears to me that (other than other politicians) Donald Trump doesn't even care that the voters find out that he's lying: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?518061-President-Donald-%96-Campaign-promises

Maybe because Donald knows it aren't the voters that made him president.

He advertized himself has a straight talking politician as opposite of "bull ****ter" politicians. Turns out he's not that different and is being controlled by special interests.

Anti Globalist
04-14-2018, 11:23 AM
I never had much trust in his statements to begin with. Kind of hard to when he's been a progressive democrat for most of his life.

enhanced_deficit
04-15-2018, 10:30 AM
To give credit wheere due, on bathrooms, gay weddings and few other issues he is still kinda a progressive democrat if I'm not mistaken. Or gradually gravitating towards his roots.

enhanced_deficit
04-21-2018, 11:29 AM
If not for nothing else for sake of national unity at this critical juncture, it would be best if people put more trust than usual in latest statement:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/20/13/4B57F02300000578-5637037-President_Donald_Trump_tweeted_late_Thursday_that_ the_newly_rele-a-1_1524227338331.jpg

enhanced_deficit
04-21-2018, 01:05 PM
He hires them to fire swamp creatures.

Does he hire neocons/others sometime to throw them under the bus too?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/0e/9b/5f0e9b6bde2e5b32b7d5de3f38337779.jpg

Nikki Haley finds herself under the bus as Trump shifts course on Russia

by Aaron Blake April 16

The Washington Post reported late Sunday that President Trump “has battled his top aides on Russia and lost.”
Less than 20 hours later, Trump reversed U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley’s announcement that the United States would be ramping up sanctions on Russia.
Hmm.
The sudden reversal of Haley’s Sunday morning announcement is hardly the only example of the right hand in the White House not always knowing what the left hand is up to. Trump often seems to be negotiating not just those around him but also with himself, and he has been unafraid of contradicting top aides and even Cabinet-level officials such as Haley.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/04/16/nikki-haley-finds-herself-under-the-bus-as-trump-shifts-course-on-russia/

Anti Globalist
04-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Well according to some people whatever Trumps says, think the opposite. When he says he wants Snowden executed what hes really saying is "I want to bring Snowden back to the US and build a statue in his honor."

enhanced_deficit
04-23-2018, 11:06 PM
Well according to some people whatever Trumps says, think the opposite. When he says he wants Snowden executed what hes really saying is "I want to bring Snowden back to the US and build a statue in his honor."

EM:

Trump: "We're Coming Out Of Syria Very Soon; Others Can Take Care Of It Now"

So we are staying there for a long time then using such guideline?

pcosmar
04-23-2018, 11:08 PM
I just hope he does some good by mistake.

enhanced_deficit
05-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Would this help somewhat restore credibiity of POTUS as his words and actions regarding surrounding himself with 'the best people' seems to be coming together based on recent statements:

Following is a transcript of those comments, as prepared by the White House. It has been lightly edited for clarity. The first section is at the White House.

REPORTER: Mr. President, how’s Rudy doing?

REPORTER: When did you find out?

TRUMP: I tell you what — Rudy is a great guy, but he just started a day ago. But he really has his heart into it. He’s working hard. He’s learning the subject matter. And he’s going to be issuing a statement too. But he is a great guy. He knows it’s a witch hunt. That’s what he knows. He’s seen a lot of them. And he said he’s never seen anything so horrible.
As an example, 33,000 emails requested by Congress with a subpoena, and they get burned, they get deleted. And nobody says anything. Give me a break.

So Rudy knows it’s a witch hunt. He started yesterday. He’ll get his facts straight. He’s a great guy. But what he does is he feels it’s a very bad thing for our country, and he happens to be right.

REPORTER: When did you find out what the retainer was being spent on?
TRUMP: Well, you’re going to find out, because we’re going to give a full list. And people know. And virtually everything said has been said incorrectly, and it’s been said wrong, or it’s been covered wrong by the press — just like NBC and ABC yesterday covered the story wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/us/politics/transcript-trump-giuliani-stormy-daniels.html

Suzanimal
05-06-2018, 10:59 AM
I voted.

Very low/none

this poll had enough options

enhanced_deficit
05-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Trump praises Kim Jong Un as 'very honorable'

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/24/trump-praise-kim-jong-un-547610

North Korea threatens to cancel summit with Trump (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?522302-North-Korea-threatens-to-cancel-summit-with-Trump&)

PierzStyx
05-24-2018, 09:32 AM
If you trust any President then you're a fool.

PierzStyx
05-24-2018, 09:32 AM
I voted.

Very low/none

this poll had enough options

Very Low and None should be different options though.

shakey1
05-24-2018, 09:42 AM
not much

dean.engelhardt
05-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Based on your view of his personal character, how much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

For me, personal character has nothing to do with it. The US president is suppose to the most powerful position in the world. Power corrupts anyone.

Ender
05-24-2018, 12:42 PM
For me, personal character has nothing to do with it. The US president is suppose to the most powerful position in the world. Power corrupts anyone.

Except, perhaps, a Ron Paul.

enhanced_deficit
05-24-2018, 08:30 PM
To be fair, he never appeared with the Bible during campaign season. So can't be called Bible Thumping politician.

RonZeplin
05-24-2018, 10:40 PM
To be fair, he never appeared with the Bible during campaign season. So can't be called Bible Thumping politician.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/12/1f/bf121fbf6fad612b9231724d0e7bdbf5--republican-nominee-conservative-republican.jpg

Two Corinthians walked into a bar.....

timosman
05-24-2018, 10:48 PM

2 likes on twitter.

TheTexan
05-25-2018, 02:18 AM

Exactly, anyone who has read art of the deal knows which of his statements to trust. It's like having a decoder ring. He'll lie sometimes, but he's not lying to you and me, he's lying to the idiots who believe him.

enhanced_deficit
05-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Exactly, anyone who has read art of the deal knows which of his statements to trust. It's like having a decoder ring. He'll lie sometimes, but he's not lying to you and me, he's lying to the idiots who believe him.

That's very loaded statement. NRA and other base groups might get offended.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/12/1f/bf121fbf6fad612b9231724d0e7bdbf5--republican-nominee-conservative-republican.jpg

I stand corrected, he did appear with the Bible.

In un-related old news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1gSBgMZAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1gSBgMZAA

TheTexan
05-25-2018, 10:59 AM
That's very loaded statement. NRA and other base groups might get offended.

They shouldn't be. All else aside, Trump has a perfect rating on protecting the 2nd amendment hunting rights of every American

enhanced_deficit
05-25-2018, 11:20 AM
They shouldn't be. All else aside, Trump has a perfect rating on protecting the 2nd amendment hunting rights of every American

Yea would be nice if all the bases people saw it that way too.

Michael Hammond of Gun Owners of America: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519979-Conservative-leader-on-Trump-He-s-a-fraud-and-has-betrayed-us-twice-now&)

TheTexan
05-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Yea would be nice if all the bases people saw it that way too.

The GOA has the ridiculous belief that the 2nd amendment also protects weapons that are designed to kill people, and not just weapons that are designed to kill deer.

Which is of course ridiculous and why I only support the NRA.

enhanced_deficit
05-25-2018, 11:43 AM
The GOA has the ridiculous belief that the 2nd amendment also protects weapons that are designed to kill people, and not just weapons that are designed to kill deer.

Which is of course ridiculous and why I only support the NRA.

You might be onto something.

And leave it to Dems to confuse masses about human/animal distinctions.

Trump's 'animal' comments were loathsomely loaded and coded
President Trump's use of the word "animals" to describe members of the gang MS-13 is also coded to describe immigrants.
Chicago Tribune
today

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2018, 10:09 PM
https://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Campaign-2016/trump-obama-champion.jpg

timosman
06-15-2018, 10:12 PM
https://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Campaign-2016/trump-obama-champion.jpg

This only proves Trump's sense of humor.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2018, 10:19 PM
This only proves Trump's sense of humor.

So true, and not the kinda funny who was just born yesterday but a track record of being humorous going back decades. That's genuine article.

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NA-CG631_HILLTR_9U_20150729181808.jpg

enhanced_deficit
11-03-2018, 04:11 PM
TBDA, having a big vision counts for something.

https://img.purch.com/w/640/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Mi 80MjEvaTAyL1ByZXNpZGVudC1UcnVtcC1QYXJ0aWNpcGF0ZXMt SW4tU2lnbmluZy1PZi1TcGFjZS1Qb2xpY3ktRGlyZWN0aXZlLm pwZz8xNTEzMDI5MjA4
Trump orders NASA to send American astronauts to the moon, Mars

There is no eveidence that a page was taken from Bush's big vision playbook.

CNN.com - Bush unveils vision for moon and beyond - Jan. 15, 2004
www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/14/bush.space/
Jan 15, 2004 - U.S. President Bush unveils the multi-billion dollar space initiative. Launch manned mission to moon between 2015 and 2020

enhanced_deficit
11-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Unlike tough crowd here, it appears many Senators still care for President's statements:

Senators demand Trump say whether Saudi prince ordered Khashoggi killing

By BURGESS EVERETT
11/20/2018

The bipartisan leadership of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is demanding a definitive determination from President Donald Trump about whether Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia ordered the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/20/senators-trump-khashoggi-killing-1009549

enhanced_deficit
12-04-2018, 11:47 PM
How about having some faith, he seems much more honest and straight shooter compared to Hillary:

Money managers are realizing that Trump isn't 'dependable enough' for the market: Cramer

CNBC's Jim Cramer attributes part of Tuesday's marketwide collapse to political uncertainty brought about by the Trump administration.
Money managers are realizing that the president doesn't take his economic policies "seriously enough to be considered dependable," the "Mad Money" host says.
And when money managers are faced with uncertainty, they tend to sell, Cramer says.

Published 6 Hours Ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/04/cramer-money-managers-are-realizing-that-trump-isnt-dependable.html

‘Chaos breeds chaos’: Trump’s erratic and false claims roil the globe. Again.

December 4
After his Argentine steak dinner last weekend with Chinese President Xi Jinping, President Trump announced that they had reached an “incredible deal” to temporarily suspend his trade war. But days later, Trump declared, “I am a Tariff man.”
Trump last week proposed stripping away electric-car subsidies from General Motors as punishment for the automotive giant moving to cease production at plants in the United States and Canada. But then his chief economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said the White House would do no such thing. Targeting a single company, he explained, would be illegal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chaos-breeds-chaos-trumps-erratic-and-false-claims-roil-markets-again/2018/12/04/824506fa-f7ff-11e8-863c-9e2f864d47e7_story.html

Tue Dec 4
The Treasury yield curve just inverted, sounding the alarm for recession

FEARS OF SLOWING ECONOMY (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/04/stock-market-dow-futures-fall-amid-us-china-trade-deal-skepticism.html) https://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2018, 12:51 AM
Coulter may be crossing the line here:

Coulter: Trump Will Not Finish Current Term, "joke presidency who scammed the American people" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529453-Coulter-Trump-Will-Not-Finish-Current-Term-quot-joke-presidency-who-scammed-the-American-people-quot&)

GUTLESS PRESIDENT IN WALL-LESS COUNTRY

December 19, 2018

If you were elected president after decades of politicians doing nothing about the millions of illegals pouring into our country every year, committing crimes, dealing drugs, driving drunk, molesting children and killing Americans like Kate Steinle, and your central campaign promise -- repeated every day -- was to build a wall, wouldn't you have spent the entirety of your transition period working on getting it done?

Wouldn't you have been building prototypes, developing relationships with key congressional allies and talking to military leaders about using the Seabees or the Army Corps of Engineers to build the wall?

Wouldn't you skip the inauguration and take the oath of office in San Diego so you could get started on supervising wall construction immediately after putting your hand on the Bible and being sworn in as the leader of the free world?

You would if you meant it.

Well, Donald Trump didn't do that.

OK, sure he could have taken the oath in D.C., gone to a few balls, then started the wall on day two of his presidency. But he didn't do that either.

Maybe I'm a literalist. A zealot. When people kept telling me to be patient -- the wall is coming! -- I nursed a private hope that I was wrong, and they were right.

It is now crystal clear that one of two things is true: Either Trump never intended to build the wall and was scamming voters all along, or he has no idea how to get it done and zero interest in finding out.

He sacrifices every opportunity to make the wall happen.

For two years, Trump pretended to believe the president of the United States needs express authorization from Congress to defend the nation's borders and blamed the Republican majority for not "funding" the wall.

In a few weeks, he'll start blaming the Democratic House.

Last week -- several whole days ago -- Trump said over and over again that he would shut down the government if he didn't get funding for the wall -- the precise thing he claims he needs. "We need border security. The wall is a part of border security," he said. "If we don't have border security, we'll shut down the government."

Trump wore the shutdown over the wall as a badge of honor: "You want to know something? OK, you want to put that on me. I'll take it. You know what I'll say? Yes, if we don't get what we want ... I will shut down the government. Absolutely."

One week later, The Drudge Report:

WALL FUNDING OFF TABLE

In other words, Trump is doing exactly what I feared he would do in the worst conceivable way. He's not building the wall, while making ridiculous promises right up until the second before he folds.

The Washington Post loves to find the one crazy, trailer park lady who supports Trump because she's had religious ecstasies about him, but most people who voted for him did so with a boatload of qualms.

The basic factory setting on the perception of Trump is: gigantic douchebag. This is a man who manufactured fake Time magazine covers featuring himself with the headline, "Donald Trump: The 'Apprentice' is a television smash!" so that he could put framed copies of it on the walls of his clubs.

His business is convincing people with lowbrow taste to give him their money.

He's a vulgar publicity hound who used to call reporters in a fake voice and pretend to be his own PR agent, "John Miller" or "John Barron," so he could brag that actresses wanted to date him.

On one "Apprentice" episode, the reward for the winning team was: to see Trump's apartment. Not to eat there or spend the night. They got to see it. "As a little treat," he said, "you're gonna see the nicest apartment in New York City." He added: "I show this apartment to very few people. Presidents, kings ..."

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-12-19.html#read_more

enhanced_deficit
02-04-2019, 12:32 PM
https://www.catholic.org/files/images/ins_news/2016022854critics_tear_into_trump_s_claim_no_one_r eads_the_bible_more_often_than_him.jpg

Looking at poll results, have to say it's astonishing how little value is placed on MAGA's word around here.

Related

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?531107-Trump-‘We-have-to-protect-Israel-’-shifting-again-on-Syria-withdrawal&)

enhanced_deficit
02-14-2019, 10:14 PM
If this really happened, MAGA's credibility could jump 300-400%.

Trump Threatens to Release 9/11 Docs Implicating Mueller, Clintons, Bushes (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?523872-Trump-Threatens-to-Release-9-11-Docs-Implicating-Mueller-Clintons-Bushes&)

Trump Pledges to Stop ‘Endless Wars’ in Syria and Afghanistan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?531211-Trump-Pledges-to-Stop-‘Endless-Wars’-in-Syria-and-Afghanistan&)

Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527029-Trump-I-want-to-scrap-all-H1B-visas&p=6733646&viewfull=1#post6733646)

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2019, 07:33 PM
https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/trump-birther-tweet.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjHPDzUOe2U

Granted critics are right in that MAGA used race card to win election and energize Far Right (many of whom feel betrayed now ) ahead of 2016, but media calling him a 'racist' was fakenews.
There has never been a 'racist' in entire US history who supported racial-mixing , interracial romances. Hip top donor is a socialist liberal and he himself is more liberal than Hillary Clinton whom he used to fund incidentally.

Swordsmyth
06-19-2019, 07:41 PM
https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/trump-birther-tweet.jpg

Granted critics are right in that MAGA used race card to win election and energize Far Right (many of whom feel betrayed now ) ahead of 2016, but media calling him a 'racist' was fakenews.
There has never been a 'racist' in entire US history who supported racial-mixing , interracial romances. Hip top donor is a socialist liberal and he himself is more liberal than Hillary Clinton whom he used to fund incidentally.
O'Bummer was not a Natural Born US citizen even if he was born in the US (which is doubtful) because his mother had to renounce his citizenship to get him Indonesian citizenship and he never reclaimed it.

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Do you find MAGA more credible in above video or tweet .. or both (in post #68)?

Do you agree with critics who had claimed that he used race card pre-elections and then changed his tune after winning elections?

Swordsmyth
06-19-2019, 07:49 PM
Do you find MAGA more credible in above video or tweet .. or both (in post #68)?

Do you agree with critics who had claimed that he used race card pre-elections and then changed his tune after winning elections?
I told you what I believe regarding O'Bummer's citizenship and the citizenship question isn't racial.

enhanced_deficit
06-19-2019, 07:55 PM
You seem to be focussing solely on trees/'factoids' but context of this discussion is the forest/credibility of MAGA conservative wing's top leadership.

But if you want to insist on analyzing tiny facts, was this racial/ race card play?
He never made similar statements after 8 years of disastrous Bush-Cheney term.

Pre-election:

https://pics.me.me/tweet-donald-j-trump-areal-donald-trump-sadly-because-president-11673595.png

Post election:

10-26-2018
Trump says very soon there will be a Black President
While talking to black leaders earlier today, he said very soon one of you will be a President.. or three, four of you will be where I am.

Anti Globalist
06-19-2019, 07:57 PM
Well its June 2019 and he still hasn't been fired.

enhanced_deficit
07-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Such Conservative/Right/Far Right supporters exits from MAGA camp the reason for his falling poll numbers?

Coulter on Trump : "Joke presidency who scammed the American people"
According to the Daily Beast (https://www.thedailybeast.com/ann-coulter-trump-will-have-no-legacy-whatsoever-without-wall), Coulter additionally noted that this current decision of Trump’s to back away from a shutdown over the border wall could permanently dismantle his legacy.
“Either Trump never intended to build a wall and was scamming voters from the beginning or he hasn’t the first idea in how to get it done and no interest in finding out. My prediction is his support will evaporate and Trump will very likely not finish his term and definitely not be elected to a second term.”
“Trump will just have been a joke presidency who scammed the American people, amused the populists for a while, but he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.”
https://www.inquisitr.com/5216330/an...erm-over-wall/ (https://www.inquisitr.com/5216330/ann-coulter-predicts-donald-trump-will-not-finish-current-term-no-second-term-over-wall/)

Conservative Gun Owners Of America leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?519979-Conservative-leader-on-Trump-He-s-a-fraud-and-has-betrayed-us-twice-now&)

Drudge is turning on Trump (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?537144-Drudge-is-turning-on-Trump&)

https://realgopillinois.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/RhxGpE6-300x300.png
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-I55mlrJQg&feature=youtu.be&t=78)
White Nationalist leader Spencer who once supported Trump now says he's playing a 'con game' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?537002-White-Nationalist-leader-who-once-supported-Trump-now-says-he-s-playing-a-con-game&)

David Duke supported Trump in 2016 and now supports Ilhan Omar

https://i.imgur.com/6fmXy61.png

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon13.png NEWSWEEK: Coulter has joined fellow conservative Drudge to attack Trump, Says Prez Is 'Too Chicken' to Attack Drudge (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?537145-NW-Coulter-has-joined-Drudge-to-attack-Trump-Says-Prez-Is-Too-Chicken-to-Attack-Drudge&)

Trump Hits Washington Examiner as ‘Fake News’ for Report That He Hasn’t Built Any New Wall (https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/trump-hits-washington-examiner-report-that-he-hasnt-built-any-new-wall-fake-news-gives-us-zero-credit/?utm_source=mostpopular)

Ann Coulter: Trump by the Numbers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532470-Ann-Coulter-Trump-by-the-Numbers&)

Potentially Related

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/640/320/poll1c.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...emocratic-race (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-up-by-double-digits-in-democratic-race)

PAF
07-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Ann Coulter must have a VESTED interest in the MIC (investments, stocks) who help create the problems (lobbyists) and then provides the “solutions” (legislation). Instead of calling for an End to Welfare. She never did like Ron Paul, did she.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?536916-The-Corporate-Interests-Behind-The-Homestead-Migrant-Youth-Detention-Center

Nothing to see here, moving along...

enhanced_deficit
07-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Ann Coulter must have a VESTED interest in the MIC (investments, stocks) who help create the problems (lobbyists) and then provides the “solutions” (legislation). Instead of calling for an End to Welfare.

To be fair, she is one of the few on Right who have criticized neoconservative foreign interventions lobbyist financier funding GOP-MAGA wing. Granted she went too far in her criticism of MAGA ( using i-word and scam) , she has a following among hardcore conservatives and cannot be dismissed enitrely.

Between GOP-Adelson/MAGA and Coulter, currently whose stance do you see as worse on foreign interventions, MIC, border wall, DACA etc?

enhanced_deficit
07-22-2019, 11:00 AM
King of Debt : Big gummit smashes spending records ; biggest deficit ever (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?536641-King-of-Debt-Big-gummit-smashes-spending-records-biggest-deficit-ever&)

[April 2, 2016] Donald Trump insists he would be able to wipe out the United States’s debt in eight years.

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/275003-trump-i-will-eliminate-us-debt-in-8-years

EM.

To be fair, he still has 5 more years to wipe out debt if above was not fakenews.

07/12/2019

FEDERAL SPENDING SMASHES RECORDS (https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/3355970000000-federal-spending-sets-record-through-june-deficit-hits)
BUDGET DEFICIT WIDENS 23% (https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-budget-gap-widened-23-in-first-nine-months-of-fiscal-year-11562868054)

https://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif

enhanced_deficit
08-05-2019, 07:17 PM
https://pics.me.me/the-second-amendment-is-under-attack-the-constitution-must-be-31244671.png

brushfire
08-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Strange how my post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6616462&viewfull=1#post6616462) in this thread is blank

Anyone see my post? Post? IsThatMyPost? YousheenMyPost?

Meh...

Swordsmyth
08-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Strange how my post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6616462&viewfull=1#post6616462) in this thread is blank

Anyone see my post? Post? IsThatMyPost? YousheenMyPost?

Meh...
The image isn't working today, it will probably be working again another day.

That happens around here randomly for some reason.

brushfire
08-05-2019, 07:37 PM
The image isn't working today, it will probably be working again another day.

That happens around here randomly for some reason.

Thanks... I'd just been concocting an elaborate, conspiratorial explanation in my head.

Your explanation seems overly simple, yet entirely plausible. "Horses, not zebras"...

enhanced_deficit
08-21-2019, 02:00 PM
https://pics.me.me/the-second-amendment-is-under-attack-the-constitution-must-be-31244671.png

To be fair, his change of stance could be due to latest expert advice :

Trump's Sr. Advisor Ivanka is Advising Her Father to Stand For Gun Control (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?538205-Trump-s-Sr-Advisor-Ivanka-is-Advising-Her-Father-to-Stand-For-Gun-Control&)

President Trump's daughter and senior aide Ivanka Trump is involved in the White House's outreach to members of Congress, a White House official told CBS News. Her outreach, the official said, is a part of the White House office of legislative affairs' efforts to engage members of Congress in talks about gun policy.
Ivanka Trump "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams," a White House official said. Axios first reported Ivanka Trump's involvement.
The president's elder daughter was the first in the Trump family to declare the shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, acts of "terror." And she has voiced support for "red flag" laws (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-are-red-flag-laws-and-which-states-have-implemented-them/), which would allow law enforcement to take weapons from Americans deemed to be a risk to themselves or others.

Zippyjuan
08-21-2019, 02:38 PM
https://theweek.com/speedreads/860156/trump-evidently-chose-nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-over-ivanka-trump-universal-background-checks

Trump evidently chose NRA chief Wayne LaPierre over Ivanka Trump on universal background checks

President Trump spoke by phone with National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre for at least 30 minutes on Tuesday, and according to at least three accounts of their conversation, Trump assured LaPierre that expanding background checks — supported by 90 percent of Americans in multiple polls conducted after the back-to-back mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio — is off the table.

In the call, Trump assured LaPierre that "he was not interested in legislation establishing universal background checks and that his focus would be on the mental health of the gunmen, not their guns," The New York Times reports. Trump said as much after the phone call, telling reporters "we have very, very strong background checks right now," and "mental problems" are the "sort of missing areas and areas that don't complete the whole circle." He added: "A lot of the people that put me where I am are strong believers in the Second Amendment, and I am also."

This wasn't Trump's first aborted post-shooting lurch toward gun control, nor his first conversation with LaPierre after the El Paso and Dayton mass murders. Three days after the shootings, daughter and senior adviser Ivanka Trump "had proposed the idea of a televised Rose Garden appearance as a way to nudge her father toward supporting universal background checks," promising a made-for-TV occasion "where Trump could sign a document and call it 'historic' and 'unprecedented' — and receive positive media attention," The Atlantic reports.

Trump "loved it. He was all spun up about it," a former senior White House official told The Atlantic, but when he enthusiastically pitched the idea to LaPierre on an Aug. 7 call, LaPierre shot it down, and, as an NRA official put it, "the Rose Garden fantasy" was dead. The NRA, despite scandal and shrinking support, has kept up the lobbying onslaught unabated, to a receptive White House. Ivanka Trump assured GOP donors in Wyoming on Monday night that the White House is still focused on background checks, The Atlantic notes, but "less than 24 hours later, her father reportedly assured LaPierre of the opposite." Peter Weber

enhanced_deficit
09-15-2019, 04:56 PM
https://www.catholic.org/files/images/ins_news/2016022854critics_tear_into_trump_s_claim_no_one_r eads_the_bible_more_often_than_him.jpg

Looking at poll results, have to say it's astonishing how little value is placed on MAGA's word around here.

To give credit where due, MAGA did expose lyin politicians and puppets of globalists.

https://images.dailykos.com/images/584477/large/billboard_cruz_bible.jpg?1535980364

Potentially Related

Trump to announce gun control this week (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?539231-Trump-to-announce-gun-control-this-week&)

enhanced_deficit
10-08-2019, 12:59 AM
'Fool me' 1.0

04-05-2018
Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521077-Trump-Just-Kidding-We-re-Staying-In-Syria&)

'Fool me' 2.0

Oct. 7, 2019
Trump Administration Appears to Reverse Syria Decision Following Backlash
The U.S. is not removing its forces from Syria in the face of a Turkish incursion, said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
Source: USNEWS.com

Potentially Related

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?534632-TP-Conservative-Joe-Walsh-turns-on-MAGA-Fool-me-once-shame-on-you-Fool-me-twice&)

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 01:01 AM
The spambot is going ballistic and trying to portray Trump's pulling out of Syria as a bad thing, it obviously has a zionist warmonger agenda in spite of its attempts to feign otherwise, Trump has never been the warmonger it wants so it has constantly tried to trick those who support him for not being a warmonger into rejecting him so he can be replaced by a zionist approved warmonger.

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 01:01 AM
Q Mr. President, are you confident that — are you confident that these gentlemen — I guess, mostly who are sitting around you — believe what you’re doing in Syria is the best idea at this point?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ve been in Syria for a long time.
And it was supposed to be a very short hit, and — hit on ISIS. But it didn’t work out that way. They never left. And they’ve been there for many, many years. And we are — we were down to very few soldiers in Syria. We had 50 in the region that you’re talking about — 50 soldiers — and they’ve been already moved out.

But we’ll see what happens with respect to a lot of different things. We’ve told Turkey — I spoke with President Erdoğan of Turkey, and I said, “Got to treat them good, and you got to take care of ISIS.” Don’t forget, we’ve captured — we defeated — this group, largely — defeated ISIS. One hundred percent of the caliphate. One hundred percent. And we wanted to do 100 percent. I was going to do this nine months ago, and we were not at 100 percent, but we were pretty close. Everyone said, “Can we get to 100 percent?” Now I get to 100 percent, and they say, “Well, maybe we could stay longer.” I say, “Well, when do we get out?” There’s got to be a time we get out. We have to bring our people back home.
And frankly, our great soldiers have been talking about this on the campaign. You go back three years ago and more, and you watch the speeches. We want to bring our soldiers back home. These are the endless wars.
And we’re not fighting; we’re policing, to a large extent. We’re policing in certain areas. We’re not police, we’re — these are fighters, great fighters; the greatest in the world. And that’s what they do.
So I’ve told President Erdoğan — I hope he’s going to treat everybody with great respect. You have to understand, they’ve been fighting various of the people that we were working with, and they — Turkey has been fighting them for many years. Somebody said hundreds of years. You had just mentioned to me yesterday, 200 years, maybe more.
At some point, we have to bring our people back home. And that’s what we’re doing. That’s what we’re doing.
Q Is it a firm decision, sir?
THE PRESIDENT: It’s always a firm decision. Last time I made a firm decision, but — and I said, “We’ll do it over a period of time.” We’ve been doing this, actually, over a period of time — over a very long period of time. And we’ve been working with the people in this room, and our soldiers have been coming back over that period of time.

More at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...itary-leaders/ (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-briefing-military-leaders/)

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 01:02 AM
said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
How many times have you been fooled by that so far?

enhanced_deficit
10-08-2019, 01:15 AM
How many times have you been fooled by that so far?

1.0 times. You, 2.0 or 3.0 times?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/22/15/4373253500000578-4811382-Donald_Trump_was_deeply_skeptical_of_the_war_in_Af ghanistan_in_t-a-2_1503411083910.jpg
https://www.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-21-at-8.06.58-PM.png

(https://www.politicususa.com/2017/08/21/trumps-afghanistan-speech-overshadowed-endless-trail-broken-twitter-promises.html)

2017: 5000 troops slated for new Afghan surge (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?510427-5000-troops-slated-for-new-Afghan-surge&)

2019: Trump Wants 10K More Troops In The Middle East. For What? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?534871-Trump-Wants-10K-More-Troops-In-The-Middle-East-For-What&)

Swordsmyth
10-08-2019, 01:21 AM
1.0 times. You, 2.0 or 3.0 times?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/22/15/4373253500000578-4811382-Donald_Trump_was_deeply_skeptical_of_the_war_in_Af ghanistan_in_t-a-2_1503411083910.jpg
https://www.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-21-at-8.06.58-PM.png

(https://www.politicususa.com/2017/08/21/trumps-afghanistan-speech-overshadowed-endless-trail-broken-twitter-promises.html)

2017: 5000 troops slated for new Afghan surge (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?510427-5000-troops-slated-for-new-Afghan-surge&)

2019: Trump Wants 10K More Troops In The Middle East. For What? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?534871-Trump-Wants-10K-More-Troops-In-The-Middle-East-For-What&)

You fall for EVERY "anonymous source" that the MSM makes up because you are part of the same propaganda operation and are required to.

Trump has refused to start a war with Iran or send US troops to Yemen or attack Assad or invade Venezuela and that makes you mad so you lie and twist about his efforts to withdraw our troops in the hopes of getting rid of him and getting someone who will.

enhanced_deficit
11-14-2019, 10:20 AM
H/T Zippy:

13 Nov, 2019
Trump on Syria: “There for the oil” (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?541077-Trump-on-Syria-“There-for-the-oil”&)

"We will be out of Syria in 30 days." Trump- December, 2018.

Related

Iraq invasion architect Elliott Abrams quietly slips into Trump administration (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530753-Iraq-invasion-architect-Elliott-Abrams-quietly-slips-into-Trump-administration&)

Trump has deployed 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May 2019 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540446-Trump-has-deployed-14-000-additional-troops-to-the-Middle-East-since-May&)

From Iraq to the Red Sea, Iran-Israel Battleground Now Spans Entire Mideast (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540602-Hundreds-killed-thousands-injured-in-unrest-Iraqi-PM-says-Israel-is-responsible-for-attacks&p=6878134&viewfull=1#post6878134)
Oct 20, 2019

Top US General Says American Troops Should Be Ready To Die For Israel (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?532704-Top-US-General-Says-American-Troops-Should-Be-Ready-To-Die-For-Israel&)

Zippyjuan
11-14-2019, 11:48 AM
How is that $2 trillion infrastructure program he promised going?

enhanced_deficit
01-25-2020, 11:17 AM
How is that $2 trillion infrastructure program he promised going?

Let's be fair, that was before Iran sanctions/military strikes escalation and surge of troops to mideast. No country in the history of world has been able to focus on massive domestic infrastructure projects during times of globals wars and interventions.

enhanced_deficit
02-13-2020, 11:10 PM
This if confimred as non-fakenews could be a game changer potentially:

Trump "Won't Change His Mind" On Iran Attack (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?543816-Trump-quot-Won-t-Change-His-Mind-quot-On-Iran-Attack&)

Firestarter
02-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Last November, when the impeachment charade was still making headlines, President Donald explicitly denied sending his attorney Rudy Giuliani to "do anything" in Ukraine. Trump said, "No, I didn't direct him".

Now that President Donald has been acquitted of the impeachment, on Thursday Trump openly admitted that he sent Giuliani to the Ukraine to find damaging information on his opponents, in an interview with Geraldo Rivera.
Donald explained:
So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor.

Donald has fired several US officials who testified against him in the impeachment charade, and he demanded that the Department of Justice won’t ask for 9 years in prison for his long-time adviser Roger Stone for lying to Congress: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/trump-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-interview/index.html

Todd
02-14-2020, 09:35 AM
Wow..still have faith in this site. And I voted Low. lol....

enhanced_deficit
02-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Last November, when the impeachment charade was still making headlines, President Donald explicitly denied sending his attorney Rudy Giuliani to "do anything" in Ukraine. Trump said, "No, I didn't direct him".

Now that President Donald has been acquitted of the impeachment, on Thursday Trump openly admitted that he sent Giuliani to the Ukraine to find damaging information on his opponents, in an interview with Geraldo Rivera.
Donald explained:

Don't sample TV news regularly but don't recall seeing this in news then. That is not to say good part of media has been playing fake wrestling to entertain public.

Low is not to bad but "very low/none" choice popularity is bit troubling.

polomertz
02-19-2020, 02:25 PM

Refreshing indeed. Glad to see most folks here still support Ron Paul's positions & haven't gone to the dark side.

enhanced_deficit
04-30-2020, 10:30 AM
This latest statement's translation to action could offer huge opprtunity to sharply boost credibility:

Trump says he won't extend social distancing guidelines (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?545948-Trump-says-he-won-t-extend-social-distancing-guidelines&)

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2020, 11:09 AM
P&S (promises & statements) episode #100.

That:

https://grondamorin.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/israel-great-on-ousting-saddam-netanyahu.png?w=584

Donald Trump endorses Netanyahu for PM
The Times of Israel
Jan 15, 2013 - Donald Trump endorses Netanyahu for PM. Colorful billionaire wades into elections, tells Israelis 'You have a great prime minister"

Trump takes to Instagram to endorse Netanyahu campaign
haaretz
Feb 5, 2019 - This isn't the first time Trump backs Netanyahu, who has been boasting of his ties to the U.S. president in content released ahead of the April 9 ...

This:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/socialembed/https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1269634983687315457~/news/world-us-canada-52957113
6 hours ago

enhanced_deficit
07-23-2020, 11:04 PM
Strong promises are usually a sign of strong leadership.

Trump Promises GOP Convention Will Be Held This August
March 26, 2020
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ld-this-august (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/trump-promises-gop-convention-will-be-held-this-august)

Trump scraps Republican convention (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?548105-Trump-scraps-Republican-convention&)
AFP • July 23, 2020

enhanced_deficit
10-16-2020, 07:20 PM
There has been plenty criticism of his credibility but this is a pretty stunning rebuke of a sitting POTUS if confirmed as non-fakenews:

GEN. JOHN KELLY UNLOADS ON TRUMP (https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html)
'DEPTHS OF DISHONESTY ASTOUNDING' (https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html)
By Jake Tapper
Fri October 16, 2020
(CNN)

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.

cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html

enhanced_deficit
11-06-2020, 05:44 PM
Another major story of Trump's first and only term would be how his old pals like Drudge and Foxy News turned on him near the end after helping him get elected early on.

Latest Drudge featured hitpiece headline today:

TRUMP ART OF THE DEAL EXCERPT: 'PEOPLE WILL EVENTUALLY CATCH ON'... (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmJeVBxW0AAcpaZ?format=png&name=small)

enhanced_deficit
01-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Jan 20, 2021

Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency
Andrew Solender
President Donald Trump, in one of his last acts as president, revoked his own executive order requiring federal government appointees to sign a pledge to not lobby the agencies in which they worked for five years after leaving the administration.
forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/01/20/trump-revokes-lobbying-ban-he-signed-at-the-beginning-of-his-presidency/

This was bit cold:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1351904551239090177

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
6h
Trump left the White House about as weak, cucked, and submissive as it's possible for a grown adult to scamper away.

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald

6h
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
· 6h
Pardoning Steve Bannon who participated in a scheme to defraud Trump’s supporters, while ignoring his supporters’ impassioned appeals for Assange/Snowden pardons... fitting bookend

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
5h
Never mind the pardons. Mitch wouldn't even let him declassify the JFK or UFO files.