PDA

View Full Version : ABC news calls Paul "controversial candidate"

jenninlouisiana
12-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I know we've talked about the John Stossel interview, but I hadn't read anything about it until I googled "ron paul news" and there it is at the top: the link from ABC news to the interview with this note: See John Stossel's Interview with Controversial Candidate, Ron Paul

When did Ron Paul become "controversial"? I know all the other terms, but this is the first time I saw this one.

Ethek
12-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I think the controversy exists among the media and if they can bring themsleves to print his name as a serious candidate. They are so in denial.

jake
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
sounds great. Who wouldn't want to find out more about a controversial candidate.. I really think the MSM is shooting itself in the foot half the time..

kylejack
12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
I have to agree that he's controversial. Freedom is popular, but its also controversial. Controversial is good...it means we're being talked about.

jenninlouisiana
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
//

rollingpig
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
yes, controversial in the way that you MSM cant find anything bad to say about him

mopar.bo
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
yes, controversial in the way that you MSM cant find anything bad to say about him

I think Ron Paul might be the first man in history that the MSM couldn't dig dirt up on. Think about it.

ashlux
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
When did Ron Paul become "controversial"? I know all the other terms, but this is the first time I saw this one.

"Controversial" or "conservative", what's the difference? :D

Dave Wood
12-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Ha Ha! I just love this.....

I think it would be great for all of us to point out to the MSM that in 1776 there was indeed CONTROVERSY!!

"You cant take on the British empire, what are you, NUTS!"

It`s the crazy ones who change things......I am a proud Ron Paul nutcase:D

grfgerger
12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
there are people who disagree with ron paul's point of view? brilliant observation, ABC news

Jobarra
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I think it's good in a way. Compare Obama and Paul. Paul is controversial because he wants change. Obama says he wants change, but he's not controversial so how can he want true change?

Janet0116
12-12-2007, 09:45 AM
lol Dave. Sometimes, when I hear (or read) people say that Ron Paul is 'nuts', i wanna burst out singing 'You may be riighttt, I may be crazy... but it just may be a lunatic your lookin' for'!

Dave Wood
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
lol Dave. Sometimes, when I hear (or read) people say that Ron Paul is 'nuts', i wanna burst out singing 'You may be riighttt, I may be crazy... but it just may be a lunatic your lookin' for'!

Janet, That is sooo great!! I have completely forgotten about that Billy Joel song, it`s perfect!

Has anyone noticed the Beatles song "You say you want a Revolution" being played a lot nowadays?? just a coincidence, maybe, maybe not;)

ConstitutionGal
12-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I prefer controversial to long shot or spoiler. Controversial will make the average reader want to take a look while the later two will make folks ignore something because it sounds hopeless.

10thAmendmentMan
12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
He's controversial because he doesn't lie constantly. By not candy-coating every point he makes like all the other candidates, he creates controversy.

speciallyblend
12-12-2007, 10:26 AM

might have to work that into my speech thursday night in front of the eagle county central gop meeting, to lighten them up a lil;)

JMO
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Paul is way more controversial than Obama, the reason is Paul is calling for radical change, and that is what makes it controversial. Obama ideas are pretty mainstream, Paul wants to change the monetary system, abolish most federal agencies, bring home the troops not only from Iraq but 130 countries. If you look at the vision of Obama and Paul the country would be radically different with Paul, but with Obama it would be a variation of the same.

hard@work
12-12-2007, 11:19 AM

He is a constitutionalist in a political era where the only laws that matter are those that are codified in direct violation of the constitution. He is against pre-emptive war, against deceptive propaganda, for government transparency and personal privacy ... I mean the list goes on of controversial positions.

Controversial to WHO?

JDeVriese
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I guess Dr. Paul is controversial in a sense that when he calls for change he actually intends to follow through with what he says.