PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Unveils Universal Health Care Program-Humor or Truth??

Revolution9
07-02-2007, 06:17 AM
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i21290

Hahaha!::D

...a snip from the article.

"As part of his Freedom is Popular campaign theme, the Ron Paul health care plan involves universal access to medical care through a concept called capitalism. Patients would be free to see whatever doctors they want by paying money to the doctors when they see them. Doctors, and other health care providers, would similarly be free to accept patients based on the patient's willingness to pay for such care. Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore stressed that the candidate's experience as an actual physician lends credence to his proposal: "He's treated real patients, so he knows."

Response to the proposal was mixed. On the positive side Mike Cannon, the health policy director from the Cato Institute, said that "capitalism is the only answer to our health care crisis ... and Dr. Paul is the only one who gets it." There were some negative responses as well, with Democratic candidate John Edwards invoking his own Two Americas campaign theme: "This idea protects the rich Republican side of America, while leaving behind the poor Democrat side, especially poor medical malpractice lawyers like me." Edwards' comments were cut short when he noticed a nearby boutique hair salon had an opening and he made a break for it."

...rest at link

Have A Fun Day
Randy

AMack
07-02-2007, 07:25 AM
This just made my day