PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee GOP removes 7 Senate candidates, 1 governor candidate from primary ballot

Swordsmyth
04-07-2018, 09:39 PM
The state Republican Party took action Saturday to remove seven Senate candidates and one gubernatorial candidate from the August ballot because they lacked the voting credentials to justify running as Republicans.
The political subcommittee of the Republican Party executive committee recommended removing the candidates from the primary ballot for "failing to meet the bona fide standards set" in party bylaws.
The state GOP's rules require that candidates be active members of the party and vote in three of four statewide Republican primaries in their counties of residence.
The Senate candidates wiped off the ballot are David Anderson, Rashard Lamar Coker, Larry Crim, Tommy Hay, Theresa Honeycutt, J Darrell Lynn and Ronaldo Toyos. The gubernatorial candidate removed from the ballot is Eddie Murphy.

More at: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/04/07/tennessee-election-2018-state-republicans-senate-governor-candidates/496294002/

Raginfridus
04-07-2018, 09:45 PM
The gubernatorial candidate removed from the ballot is Eddie Murphy.Kunta Kinte for governor?

Matt Collins
04-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Yeah they pulled this crap on me and a few others back in 2014. The way the rules are written for the state party, they have near dictatorial powers.

I am betting a good lawsuit could put an end to this nonsenese, but I didn't have the money to fight it.