PDA

View Full Version : Feds want input on reclassifying cannabis

Root
04-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Source: httpx://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/04/06/feds-want-input-on-marijuana-reclassification/#57ea2b5b13e2

The Trump administration is asking Americans for input on whether marijuana should be reclassified under international drug control treaties to which the U.S. is a party.

Currently, under both U.S. law and global agreements, marijuana sits in the most restrictive category of Schedule I. Domestically, that means it is not available for formal prescriptions and research on its effects is heavily restricted. Globally, it means that nations signed onto drug treaties are not supposed to legalize cannabis.

But now, the United Nations World Health Organization is set to launch a review of the current international classification of marijuana, THC, cannabidiol and other related compounds and preparations, and it wants input from member nations. In turn, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is asking "interested persons" to submit comments that can inform the country's position on the issue before it weighs in with the UN.

Specifically, FDA is inviting input on the "abuse potential, actual abuse, medical usefulness, trafficking and impact of scheduling changes on availability for medical use of" cannabis and its compounds, the agency wrote in a Federal Register notice scheduled to be published on Monday.

This was just posted today. Final draft should be available on 4/9/18.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/04/09/2018-07225/international-drug-scheduling-convention-on-psychotropic-substances-single-convention-on-narcotic

jkr
04-06-2018, 10:28 AM
BUMP 4 L8R

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Is "vitamin" an option?

TheCount
04-06-2018, 10:54 AM
To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans, toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis, which is well known to be of Hispanic culture, should be outlawed.

dannno
04-06-2018, 11:04 AM
To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans, toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis, which is well known to be of Hispanic culture, should be outlawed.

The founding fathers used hemp, likely as a medicine to some extent. The first draft of the declaration of independence was written on hemp.

And our current POTUS thinks states should be able to fully legalize cannabis.

Your comment really seems to come out of left field, I'm not sure what the purpose is.

fisharmor
04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

r3volution 3.0
04-06-2018, 11:10 AM

We must maintain the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

Root
04-06-2018, 11:18 AM
To ensure the cultural purity of Cultural Americans,
WTF does that even mean.

toxic foreign cultural elements such as cannabis
Cannabis isn't toxic.

fisharmor
04-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Cannabis isn't toxic.

It's obvious that it's a metaphor for cultural toxicity.
Just like when the founders wrote "commerce among the states", they were obviously using "among" as a metaphor for "within",
and how when they wrote "call forth the militia to repel invasions" they were obviously using a metaphor for "create an entire branch of the federal government to kick out people who cut grass at a substandard wage".

I think within that context it's entirely unreasonable to expect someone to use the word "toxic" with its literal dictionary definition.

Ender
04-06-2018, 11:52 AM
WTF does that even mean.

Cannabis isn't toxic.

It's TheCount's sarcasm. ;)

Ender
04-06-2018, 11:58 AM
The founding fathers used hemp, likely as a medicine to some extent. The first draft of the declaration of independence was written on hemp.

Your comment really seems to come out of left field, I'm not sure what the purpose is.

The early states were taxed for NOT growing hemp as it is the most valuable plant anywhere.

It is also the reason that marijuana became illegal as BigCorps didn't want any competition from a plant that could make stronger steel, better cotton & even oil. Marijuana was made to sound evil so that the gov could attach it to hemp, it's sister plant, & convince the public that it was all about horrible drugs and protecting the children, yadda, yadda, yadda.

(And again, that was sarcasm on TheCount's part.)

Root
04-06-2018, 12:02 PM
It's obvious that it's a metaphor for cultural toxicity.
Just like when the founders wrote "commerce among the states", they were obviously using "among" as a metaphor for "within",
and how when they wrote "call forth the militia to repel invasions" they were obviously using a metaphor for "create an entire branch of the federal government to kick out people who cut grass at a substandard wage".

I think within that context it's entirely unreasonable to expect someone to use the word "toxic" with its literal dictionary definition.

It's @TheCount (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=58229)'s sarcasm. ;)
I'm gonna drop some edibles and hopefully that sarcasm will make more sense to me. :rolleyes:

Cap
04-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Hopefully your bosses don't see such a lame troll job.

TheCount
04-07-2018, 07:21 AM

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Don't you care about winning?

Working Poor
04-07-2018, 07:21 PM
I think making hemp,cannabis,cocao,opium ect illegal is a crime against humanity.

Raginfridus
04-07-2018, 08:23 PM
I think making hemp,cannabis,cocao,opium ect illegal is a crime against humanity.Its stupid, whatever you call it. Thousands of years of use, and in a couple decades half the Western world's calling them illegal or vile.