PDA

View Full Version : Top FBI congressional liaison leaves the agency

Swordsmyth
04-06-2018, 12:02 AM
The FBI's top liaison on Capitol Hill is out.Greg Brower, an FBI assistant director and head of the Office of Congressional Affairs, stepped down last Friday after a year on the job. In the role, Brower was on the receiving end of a pack of congressional probes into the law enforcement agency's conduct.
The decision, a "tough" one he made of his own accord, Brower said, follows other high-level departures from the bureau as FBI Director Christopher Wray assembles his own team of close advisers.
"It was tough but I had an offer I couldn't refuse from a great law firm," Brower said in an interview Thursday. "It was very gratifying to be a part of that team. I could not be more proud of how people work and how committed they are to the mission."
Brower was appointed to the position by then-FBI director James Comey in March of 2017 after serving as the bureau's deputy general counsel. He will join the lobbying and law firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck as a shareholder in the litigation department.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/politics/greg-brower-fbi-office-of-congressional-affairs/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+rss%252Fcnn_latest+(RSS%253 A+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

Occam's Banana
04-06-2018, 05:36 PM
The FBI's top liaison on Capitol Hill is out. Greg Brower, an FBI assistant director and head of the Office of Congressional Affairs, stepped down last Friday after a year on the job. [...]

He will join the lobbying and law firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck [...]

🎜 ... the revolving door goes 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round ... 🎝