PDA

View Full Version : What the tea party will do for us

Cyclone
12-12-2007, 06:32 AM
1. If we break all kinds of records Ron Paul becomes an "electable" candidate.
2. No amount of ads will do that in the next three weeks. It is too late.
3. It will show the world how many supporters he really has.
(anyone know how many supporters he really has?)

4. He will get billions in TV advertising if we raise 20 million bucks.
5. If we don't, and barely do better than last time, we are sunk.
6. This is our chance folks. Nothing can impact the next three weeks more than a huge day on the 16th. Nothing.

If we fail on that day, we fail. We cannot fail.

This is the one and only chance we have of getting his name out there EVERYWHERE all at once. This is it. One shot.

Please for the rest of the week drop everything and push the Tea Party. Please.

Then you can go back to everything else. But a radio ad in Iowa will not have near the impact of 20 million dollars raised on the 16th. Not even close.

Last time only 35,000 people bothered to donate. That is less than a third of Meetup groups and if it really represents all the Ron Paul supporters there are, then it is over. We can't win with 35,000 votes. But if he has millions behind him, then we need to get to all those people.

Can you imagine what would happen if 2 million people donated on the 16th?

Is that possible? We need to try.

Most people still don't know who the heck he is! They don't listen to ads anymore, they have Tivo and commercial free radio. But they all listen to the news. All of them.

Please push the tea party. It is only for 4 days. Please.

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 06:41 AM
I think Cyclone has it right. We have to have a huge day on Sunday. That is our one and only chance of getting name recognition prior to the primaries. Nothing we have done up till now has had nearly as much of an effect as Nov. 5 did.

Do you remember? We have to push this with all we have. Can we get a huge group of people willing to send out an email to Meetup organizers to pass on to their supporters? Can we get a huge group of people willing to find Ron Paul supporters on other boards?

Let's get this thing moving!!! I think we had so few donors last time because people were unsure of what the 5th would do for us. Well, now we know. It was huge! But this time we need to shoot for the stars. I don't think 20 million is impossible.

Recently, we got a whole new group of people to donate: Americans living abroad. Let's hit that group.

She is right you know. This is our one shot. Let's show them what a bunch of dedicated Ron Paul supporters can do!!!!!!! Do we want to take back this country? Do we want freedom? Do we want to WIN? Well, let's go win this thing!

Hancock1776
12-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Ask your friends and relatives to give you, for Christmas, a receipt for their December 16th donation to the Ron Paul campaign.

I did.

jrich4rpaul
12-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Is anyone getting the word out about the new overseas donations option?

Thunderbolt
12-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Is anyone getting the word out about the new overseas donations option?

That is very important and has the potential for millions. I sent out some, but I know there are tons more. Can someone please help me?

synthetic
12-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Sunday is important but I think you are over doing it. You're making it out to be a last stand as if the campaign is ready to fold. FYI its still growing and gaining supporters each day.

He already is.

Hope
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I see nothing but good things from the Tea Party, but I do have to disagree with your first point.

If raising money would have been an "electable" candidate in the media's eyes, November 5th would have done that.

What did Huckabee do to suddenly become "electable"? Absolutely, positively NOTHING. They just randomly decided to make him the "dark horse" and give him millions of dollars in free advertising...which led to inflated poll numbers.

I say this as someone who has never thought there was a media conspiracy: Nothing Ron Paul can do will make them give him the coverage he deserves.

thomj76
12-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Breaking the fundraising records on December 16th will equate to media coverage up to and through the Iowa Caucus. It will continue to allow campaign to organize itself further in the several states, and will be critical for the person that would vote for Ron Paul if they thought he had a realistic chance of winning.

Midnight77
12-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Sunday is important but I think you are over doing it. You're making it out to be a last stand as if the campaign is ready to fold. FYI its still growing and gaining supporters each day.

I actually do think that Sunday is our last chance. Sorry if you don't agree. This will make or break us. We have to beat Hillary's accepted $6.2 single day totals at all costs.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 08:18 AM
FWIW, I agree with Cyclone and Thunderbolt. I didn't believe it would happen, but I saw people totally change their views about Ron Paul on 11/5. While before they were making fun of him and saying he didn't have a chance in heck, they were actually debating his ideas. I flat out couldn't believe what I was seeing. In ONE day, Paul was now being considered a choice, albeit still a long shot.

If we totally blow all expectations for the 12/16 fundraiser out of the water, I honestly believe we will do more for this campaign than most anything else we could possibly do. I'm not talking about what the campaign can do with the money either. I'm talking about the fact that Ron Paul will now be considered as a real option to people when they vote. There are so very many people sitting on the sidelines, who like what he says, but haven't jumped on-board because they don't think he stands a chance. We can change that on December 16th.

It is exactly the wake up call that we need to give our fellow Americans, right before the primaries start. I honestly think we will see many join us after December 16th. Let's make it a day that no one will soon forget!

Let's make this the shot heard 'round the world.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 06:43 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
bump

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
No way does 12/16 fall short of 11/5. Everyone I know and have talked to about it, including myself, is planning on donating more on 12/16 than we did on 11/5. 12/16 is going to blow the lid off the world.

fogger
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
This is the single most valuable thing all of us can do in the next few days.

Suggesting our Xmas presents be a donation to the campaign on that day is a great idea. (saves them from having to think of something too!)

nist7
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Pledge number for Nov 5th was around 17,000....the actual donor count was somewhere around 38,000.....more than double.

With Dec 16th MASSIVE publicity and get the word out campaign, I would not be too surprised if actual donor count is triple that of the pledge count.....and the avg per donation should go up as well.

Make sure you also donate at the right TIME: see sig below.

trey4sports
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM

Suggesting our Xmas presents be a donation to the campaign on that day is a great idea. (saves them from having to think of something too!)

very true. the money has a ripple effect unseen by most...
1. media coverage (lots)
2. money for the campaign ofcourse
3. validity to the idea of electability
4. momentum going into early states

angrydragon
12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
How much do we have to raise to be Clinton? Not counting her general election money.

BeFranklin
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM

I think I agree. I'm sorry the blimp distracted me.

nist7
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
How much do we have to raise to be Clinton? Not counting her general election money.

Hillary has 50 million on hand.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

But it doesn't matter....because when Ron Paul becomes the GOP nominee......the dems stand no chance....on the other hand if one of the neocons is nominated....then it will be a lanslide for the dems....

justinc.1089
12-12-2007, 07:14 PM

Its something like 6.2-6.4 I believe.

You know what I was just thinking about? Sometime like I think a week or so after Nov.5th we were discussing how much money we would end the quarter with, and the general opinion was 12 or 13 million.

I did some very basic math on guesses of donation totals, and I came up with 15 million very conservatively. And now here we are again, easily about to meet our highest expectations.

I think we will end up with about 18.5-19 million at the end, but considering how even good high expectations have been wrong so far everytime, I truly believe we are going to see $20,000,000 broken by the end of the quarter!:eek: (gasps)

These are my rough estimates:

________
$21,500,000!!!!

Scott Wilson
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
1. If we break all kinds of records Ron Paul becomes an "electable" candidate. Ron Paul already is an electable candidate.
2. No amount of ads will do that in the next three weeks. It is too late. Doorknock your neighbourhood as it shows people that there is support.
3. It will show the world how many supporters he really has.
(anyone know how many supporters he really has?) If all his supporters turned off the tv and the computer more often and frewuently went outside and spoke to people about Ron Paul then there would be even more supporters who would come on board and do the same.

4. He will get billions in TV advertising if we raise 20 million bucks.
5. If we don't, and barely do better than last time, we are sunk. The TV is not the be all and end all of success, it is only if you let it be. Look outside the box.
6. This is our chance folks. Nothing can impact the next three weeks more than a huge day on the 16th. Nothing. If every physically capable Ron Paul supporter began canvassing their neighbourhood on behalf of Ron Paul and offered free information, firm convictions all in a non-obtrusive manner it would blow December 16th out of the water.

If we fail on that day, we fail. We cannot fail.

This is the one and only chance we have of getting his name out there EVERYWHERE all at once. This is it. One shot.

Please for the rest of the week drop everything and push the Tea Party. Please.

Then you can go back to everything else. But a radio ad in Iowa will not have near the impact of 20 million dollars raised on the 16th. Not even close.

Last time only 35,000 people bothered to donate. That is less than a third of Meetup groups and if it really represents all the Ron Paul supporters there are, then it is over. We can't win with 35,000 votes. But if he has millions behind him, then we need to get to all those people.

Can you imagine what would happen if 2 million people donated on the 16th? You have a very good point here but it goes a lot further than just the tea party. I look at my meetup and only about 1/5 of the people signed up are active and of those only a few are highly active. We can truly change America if we truly want it to change, not in words but in actions.

Is that possible? We need to try.

Most people still don't know who the heck he is! They don't listen to ads anymore, they have Tivo and commercial free radio. But they all listen to the news. All of them. They also live in houses which can be approached directly by a live person. Live people have been the biggest influences in my life not those whom I have seen on television.

Please push the tea party. It is only for 4 days. Please.

Everyone ought to donate to the Tea Party even those who cannot afford a hundred can donate a lesser amount. Give up junk food, a movie, a restaurant meal or whatever for a month and use the money saved for the campaign.

Do we really want to change things? Or is it just talk.

angrydragon
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Okay I thought it was around 12 million. I remember seeing it somewhere on the forums, but I can't remember. Anyone else know how much she raised last quarter for the primary?? (not including the general or how much she has on hand)

justinc.1089
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Okay I thought it was around 12 million. I remember seeing it somewhere on the forums, but I can't remember. Anyone else know how much she raised last quarter for the primary?? (not including the general or how much she has on hand)

What does it matter?

nist7
12-12-2007, 07:23 PM

Hillary raised 27.8 million dollars in Q3.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

angrydragon
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Opensecrets doesn't differentiate between the general funds and primary funds, they lump them together.

Just wanna know, that's all.

Liberty Star
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Will easily buy free advertisement worth 3-4 times the total money raised by Tea Party Revolt on Dec 16.

Will give campaign boost to peak at the right time.

Will set a historic record that will be studied for years to come.

Most importantly, it will send a message , loud and clear, that people have begun to pay attention and want to take America back.

Let's do it.

LibertyEagle
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
bump

Duckman
12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Everyone ought to donate to the Tea Party even those who cannot afford a hundred can donate a lesser amount. Give up junk food, a movie, a restaurant meal or whatever for a month and use the money saved for the campaign.

Yes. Let's make the number of unique donors a statistic as staggering as the amount of money we raise.

This weekend is going to be absolutely positively huge. I 100% agree that no stronger signal can be sent than blowing the doors off this weekend.

If we can get Ron up to $20M for Q4, that will probably mean he will have raised DOUBLE his nearest GOP competitor and (correct me if I am wrong) will probably put him in the #1 spot for money raised by ALL candidates, including Hillary/Obama.

If Ron Paul raises more money than top Democrats, there's no way he can be sidelined anymore.

Between this weekend's money bomb and our get out the vote efforts EVERYONE not on the Ron Paul bandwagon will be eating crow in the New Year. Mark my words!

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Please everyone. Focus on the tea party for the next few days. Tell everyone. I am sending out at least 300 emails a day to different websites, anyone I can think of that will donate. I have sent out emails to every group I can think of and come up with some angle for why they should support Ron Paul.

Also, make sure we hit every Ron Paul website there is. Some supporters still don't know about this.

Email your meetup groups and stress how important this is. This is our one chance. Our shot! Let's do it!

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Make sure you mention the tea party on every article about Ron Paul that allows comments.

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 06:56 AM
please keep talking all day about how you are going to help the tea party so we can keep this idea on the front page. It has all but died these days and we are coming upon it. Now is when we should be the most jazzed.

Please help me to keep this bumped up all day.

Real_CaGeD
12-13-2007, 07:08 AM
I pledged 100, I will donate 100$. I am poor, (middle class). The 100 could go to a christmas gift to myself, but I choose a gift to us all.

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
I see nothing but good things from the Tea Party, but I do have to disagree with your first point.

If raising money would have been an "electable" candidate in the media's eyes, November 5th would have done that.

What did Huckabee do to suddenly become "electable"? Absolutely, positively NOTHING. They just randomly decided to make him the "dark horse" and give him millions of dollars in free advertising...which led to inflated poll numbers.

I say this as someone who has never thought there was a media conspiracy: Nothing Ron Paul can do will make them give him the coverage he deserves.

Huckabee had a meeting with the CFR and came out electable. That will not happen for us. We have to do this the hard way - we have to earn it.

Ron Paul became somewhat electable on the 5th, but then the campaign dropped the ball and stayed silent for weeks. We got a huge endorsement in Goldwater and it was barely mentioned. The people forgot the name.

I don't want 5 million on Sunday, I want 20 million. I want to blow their freakin socks off! I want all of us to give every dime we can. This is the end of the line.

If he gets 20 million in one day, he will be on every media outlet the world over RIGHT BEFORE THE PRIMARIES. We need that very badly.

Don't forget that material purchases count as donations too, so if your group needs stuff, save up and buy it on Sunday. If you need things, signs, whatever, buy them on Sunday. Let's all buy a bunch of extra stuff for any new meetup groups so we can help them start up.

But really folks. I know we can do this. We only had 38,000 last time do the donating. Can't we quadruple that figure? Aren't there at least that many of us out here?

Forget buying materials for sign painting, buy the signs with your donations. Stop paying for fliers, buy slim jims, tons of them. Have you read his book yet? Get it!

Who is in?

Will you join me on Sunday? And if you only have ten dollars to give, give that. But if you have 1000, then please, isn't it worth the only chance we will ever have to have freedom and liberty again?

Go read H.R. 1955 and come back and tell me you aren't willing to give your child's college fund to Ron Paul. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1955 I dare you!

shepburn
12-13-2007, 07:48 AM
bump, great thread

LBT
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
My prediction:

30,000 pledges will turn into 80,000 donaters. On Nov 5th, 18,000 turned into 35,000 donaters, but this time many more people know about it,

The 80.000 will have about 10% repeat donations as did Nov 5th. So about 88,000 donations averaging $110.

Average will be up because many donaters will put in more this time as it has been better promoted.

So the total should be close to 10 million. i.e. 88,000 x $110. If it gets near 10 mill a lot of repeat donations should push it over the line.

Let's just hope the collection center can keep up with the donation rate.

Jimmy
12-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I'll be there to chip in mine!!

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I just figured we all needed our tea ooomph back!

Now, let's go get tens of millions of dollars! Seriously folks. I won't be happy unless we get 20 million! I think we can do it. We just need a whole lot of people to do the donating. So go forth and bring back donors!! We should all not only donate ourselves but find 5 others to donate as well. (And you can't count the folks on this forum as part of your 5).

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 05:29 PM
bump

mport1
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
If you guys want to make this a success, how bout helping me inform 54,000 RP supporters who might not be aware of the day: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51700&page=3&highlight=informing+thousands

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Bump

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Please everyone. I am seeing tons of news stories out there and no comments about the tea party. We have to tell everyone! We only need one per story, but we must get the word out.

Who is doing what to get the word out overseas? How are you doing it?

louisiana4liberty
12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
With the US dollar being down versus the Euro or Pound it makes European contributions to the Ron Paul campaign very valuable. A night of fine dining for two in London is about 75 Pounds which is equal to about $150.00 US dollars.

I was amazed by this too. Our wealth has really fallen versus other nations.

Cyclone
12-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Great selling idea! We can tell all the overseas folks that they only have to give a little to make it look like a lot over here.!

Fantastic. How do we reach these folks? Please help me with this. That is a terrific idea Louisiana!

SeanEdwards
12-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Paul is eminently electable, but don't expect the old media to ever say that, because it's not going to happen. We could raise $1 billion on 12/16 and it won't make a bit of difference. Seriously. The old media have a vested interest in preserving the status quo, they don't have any interest in truthfully and objectively reporting the news.

My prediction: if the tea party raises a lot of money, old media will respond with a massive FUD campaign against Paul. CNN will show Jeffey Toobin's stupid face 24 hours a day babbling about NAU conspiracy craziness. Hannity will claim the money was donated by Al Queda in an effort to undermine the war on terror. Bill O'suckass will say the money was donated by all the crackheads who look forward to an end on the war on drugs. Beck will freak out on national TV about the threat posed by wealthy domestic terrorists attempting to sway an election.

This revolution isn't going to be televised, so fuhgetaboutit. Rupert Murdoch would sooner stick a gun in his mouth than see Paul elected. So quit worrying about winning the respect and admiration of the old media pravda scumbags. We need to appeal directly to the American people.

LibertyEagle
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
bump

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Where were you sean around Nov. 6? We had a ton of publicity. This time though we need 20 million to really break through and I think we can do it. Most of us are planning on giving much more than 100! Plus, we are begging everyone to order all the stuff they think they will need over the next 2 months on Sunday. It all counts towards donations.

And the campaign finally allows overseas Americans who have money that is worth a lot compared to our little dollar can now donate online too!

Push the tea party hard! Give every penny you have. Please.

Cyclone
12-14-2007, 02:05 PM
bump

voytechs
12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Money alone won't win us this election. Howard dean raised close to $100m bucks and lost.

SeanEdwards
12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Where were you sean around Nov. 6? We had a ton of publicity. This time though we need 20 million to really break through and I think we can do it. Most of us are planning on giving much more than 100! Plus, we are begging everyone to order all the stuff they think they will need over the next 2 months on Sunday. It all counts towards donations.

And the campaign finally allows overseas Americans who have money that is worth a lot compared to our little dollar can now donate online too!

Push the tea party hard! Give every penny you have. Please.

I was watching the news on Nov 6 and there was good coverage of the fundraising. But the media continued to treat Paul like some weird quixotic candidate, and continued to ask him over and over if he would run as a third party candidate. They treated the fundraising like a fluky internet phenomenon, and not evidence of a massive grassroots movement. They'll be spinning things the same way on Dec 17. Or, if we don't meet expectations, they will crucify Paul and use that as evidence that he is a loser.

The old media, with a very few exceptions, are totally against us, and are not going to help us. They are not trying to report the news, they are trying to manufacture consent for any of the CFR approved stooges.

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I was watching the news on Nov 6 and there was good coverage of the fundraising. But the media continued to treat Paul like some weird quixotic candidate, and continued to ask him over and over if he would run as a third party candidate. They treated the fundraising like a fluky internet phenomenon, and not evidence of a massive grassroots movement. They'll be spinning things the same way on Dec 17. Or, if we don't meet expectations, they will crucify Paul and use that as evidence that he is a loser.

All the more reason why we must blow away all expectations on 12/16. :D

LibertyEagle
12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
bump