PDA

View Full Version : Wasserman Schultz wants background checks for ammunition buyers

Swordsmyth
03-26-2018, 01:53 PM
U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/search/dispatcher.front?Query=anthony+man+debbie+wasserma n+schultz&target=all&spell=on), D-Weston, said Monday she wants a federal law that would require background checks for ammunition buyers.
“I really think it’s important to underscore that without bullets a gun is just a hunk of useless metal, and a would-be killer lacks the means to actually kill or maim,” she said.
It’s already illegal for convicted felons, domestic abusers and dangerously mentally ill people to buy firearms and ammunition. Background checks are already required for some firearms purchasers, but nothing prevents anyone from buying ammunition, without having to provide as much as a first name to the seller.
The current system allows someone to “buy as much ammunition as they want, without so much as being asked their first name, and walk out,” Wasserman Schultz said, a situation she described as “such a gaping and grave and dangerous loophole that I could not wrap my mind around it.”
The legislation is sure to provoke opposition from many gun owners. Wasserman Schultz dismissed the argument that what she called “common sense gun safety laws” would infringe upon Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms granted by the Constitution.
“You do not have the right to bear bullets,” Wasserman Schultz said at a news conference at the Pembroke Pines Police Department, where she was joined by political leaders, a police representative and teachers and students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/education/schools/high-schools/stoneman-douglas-high-school--OREDU0000447-topic.html).
Mei-Ling Ho-Shing, a Stoneman Douglas junior, praised the proposal. “If we can attack the bullets, we can stop how many people who can get shot with high-capacity magazines,” she said.

More at: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/fl-florida-school-shooting-wasserman-schultz-legislation-20180323-story.html

Bullets are part of the arm idiot.

Anti Federalist
03-26-2018, 02:18 PM
They'll float the $10,000 bullet tax here shortly.

They know they have a compliant and scared House, Senate and President.

Trump will sign this if it gets to his desk.

jkr
03-26-2018, 02:49 PM
...then we will reload in the shade.

donnay
03-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Why does anyone care what Wasserman Schultz has to say? She should be arrested and indicted.

Dr.3D
03-26-2018, 03:44 PM
From what I understand, that's what happened in Mexico. People have firearms, but can't get the ammo to feed them.

Raginfridus
03-26-2018, 04:04 PM
RPFs: its time to convert to wahabbi islam and start an al-qaeda chapter in Syria. That way we can get all the guns and all the ammo we know what to do with.

phill4paul
03-26-2018, 06:10 PM
They'll float the $10,000 bullet tax here shortly.

They know they have a compliant and scared House, Senate and President.

Trump will sign this if it gets to his desk.

Absolutely. Until gun owners make a show of force as they did at Bunkerville it's open season. I'm still waiting on the call for an armed march on Washington.

aGameOfThrones
03-26-2018, 06:46 PM
ARMS, keep and bear arms.

Anti Federalist
03-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Absolutely. Until gun owners make a show of force as they did at Bunkerville it's open season. I'm still waiting on the call for an armed march on Washington.

Gun owners are still fast asleep, they have no idea of the monumental fucking Trump and the GOP are about to give them.

They think they have "done their duty" by electing these charlatans who claim to support the cause.

phill4paul
03-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Gun owners are still fast asleep, they have no idea of the monumental fucking Trump and the GOP are about to give them.

They think they have "done their duty" by electing these charlatans who claim to support the cause.

And the NRA. Can't forget about them. Hell, we've been talking about the GOA and the fucking the NRA has been giving us on these forums for at least the last 8 years. I'll bet NRA membership is through the roof these days. Money siphoned from actual "shall not be infringed" organizations.

Son_of_Liberty90
03-26-2018, 09:40 PM

The problem with a march is most law abiding gun owners have jobs

oyarde
03-26-2018, 09:50 PM
Background checks for ammo just makes it the new black market . So there will be a War On Ammo with the war on drugs and they already have all the Swat Teams in place BATFE , FBI , DEA etc etc

Anti Federalist
03-26-2018, 09:56 PM
The problem with a march is most law abiding gun owners have jobs

I hereby rescind my advice that I gave you in another post.

Buy whatever you can, even if it's only ammo.

oyarde
03-26-2018, 10:06 PM
I will probably pick up some more ammo Fri .